Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Christians? Using self-defense and Guns?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A man is not a "Good man" if he is taking any life. Any life can be turned around and you are right, it is not our place to judge. We cannot tell what God has planned for a person, even if they seem REALLY evil. A Good man will give anyone the chance to make it right.

We are supposed to be "Christians", that means we are Christ in the earth and do as he did. He didn't "protect" his loved ones with weapons, as a matter of fact...weren't all the apostles martyred? But not in a jihadist way, because Allah is not our God.

We lay down our lives, pick up the cross. I agree with you 100% that people don't know what the bible says or the purpose, or the message and meaning of the cross.

The only part that Jesus mentions a weapon is the cloak and sword, but I was asking Blake if that was just to fulfill some kind of prophecy? because in Luke 22:37-38 It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors', and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment." The disciples said, "See Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.
david killed thousands, jesus is refered too as son of david. hmm being jewish in viewing the bible I see david in jesus and jesus in david. david had mercy and justice, he also blessed the house of his enemy, saul and showed mercy to saul when he could have killed him. he mourned for saul and jonathan and killed the man who reported their deaths as it recorded that david believe that man slew king saul.

david killed thousands, jesus is refered too as son of david. hmm being jewish in viewing the bible I see david in jesus and jesus in david. david had mercy and justice, he also blessed the house of his enemy, saul and showed mercy to saul when he could have killed him. he mourned for saul and jonathan and killed the man who reported their deaths as it recorded that david believe that man slew king saul.

We do not put David above Jesus. Sorry. We are to do as Jesus did.

Last edited:
We do not put David above Jesus. Sorry. We are to do as Jesus did.
God called David a man after his own heart.

God lead me to read the tanach first! l learned about jesus in the stories of Abraham, moses and so on.

jesus wont slay his enemies? do you think that he didn't say that he wouldn't? god does love the lost but there is a point he will judge them. there is also the reality we must be reasonable in this world being evil. calling a man to defend you or to stop a crime and he must then use violence to do so isn't any better then doing it your self.

Start posting scripture from New Testament.
uhm. what did jesus tell the centurions? did he say quit being a soldier? NO he said treat no man roughly and be satifisied with your pay.

if He felt they were doing wrong as a soldier and surely he knew what they did, why just not say repent?

I don't remember that, post it.
luke 3:14.

if you are going to take do no violence to man, then why would jesus tell them be satisified with their pay? centurions and solders abused their office. jesus said to them don't do that. serve in a way the glorifies me.

This is actually very appropriate, because this is the part where John the Baptist is talking to the soldiers...............right after this he says that Jesus will baptize with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the one who gives us the strength to be as Christ.

A reminder to all, from our Doctrinal Statement which everyone agreed to abide by when signing up:

"We believe that the Bible is inspired by God in its entirety, and is without error in the original autographs, a complete and final written revelation from God."

This includes both the Old Testament and New Testament. Members may not demand another member use scripture only from one particular portion of the Bible.

Obadiah.

Last edited:
That's more of a passive form of self-defense, not violent in any way so it doesn't really apply to the topic at hand.
What does it matter? Self defense comes in many forms. The only time that Scripture teaches pacifism is during the Millennial Reign of Christ. Justice will be very swift then.

Guns do not kill people, if an idiot is on the other end of a gun it might be used to murder someone. A gun also, in the hands of the Good Man, has the usefulness to be used to save many more lives than it has ever been used to end. People are evil, the gun is a tool just as my nail guns were when I built homes and is the steering wheel on the Concrete Mixer I ended my working career driving.

The world with guns is not a safe place to live but it is safer to live in if you and I own a gun with which to protect our wives and youngsters. Neither you, I nor the government will ever disarm criminals and to believe we can is intentional stupidity and such is inexcusable. What the world needs is real Christians that, personally know and daily study the scriptures to the point that they, actually, understand what God has had recorded for our, individual and collective, edification.

I must be getting old as I am to be 70 next month because I am losing my my ability to ignore the intentional stupidity that is rampant in the world today. Cause? People, many of them claiming the name of Christ for their own are lazy, period and unlike the Great Pretender, I mean it.

I only, to this date, have received flak for my position statement on the Bible from one ¿Bible? Teacher and some laymen. The Bible Jesus authored (John 1:1-5) is the Jewish Believer's versions a.k.a. the first 39 books of the Christian versions making the following 27 the best and perhaps only God inspired Commentary on the Bible.

And, yet, the bulk of the fat sides of mankind, parked on a pew or a chair, on any Sunday Morning has never read through the Bible Jesus, Paul, Peter and the other Church Fathers taught from.

I, so, upset the Peace Nicks when I mention King David, Samson and Abraham and their endeavors to protect the innocent. People, actually, believe the Bible has nothing to do with the New Testament. This is, partially, due to the Ear Tickling Liars in the Pulpits, partially due to the lack of personal study and fully do to the prophetic verses of Romans 1.

When Accepted Hermeneutics are understood and applied to a Bible study, verses are not extracted from their context to make, most often, false points. There are Key Verses through out the Bible that codify the lesson being taught in a chapter, book or paragraph.

However man is not smart enough to out think God, the Creator and yet Matthew 7:1, the first verse, not the key verse and yet, because of the world's influence, it is most often the only verse taught from the chapter. But if we read, to study, the entire chapter (minimum) we find that Jesus commanded us to clean our own mess (life) up and to righteously judge others.

The same is true of the sword! One verse, the one the peace nics want to be the key verse, is extracted, corkscrewed and used to teach lies. When Jesus sent His Disciples out He told to, if they did not own one, to sell their cloak anmd to buy a sword.

Sorry, but you are wrong, this verse does apply because all of us have loved ones and things we must protect at some point.

May God bless each of us with His truth, Amen!
:thumbsup And Happy Birthday!! :)

I believe this is referring to stealing another man's slave.
Why do you think this is talking about stealing someone else's slave?
KJV
Exo 21:16 And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.

I believe this is a similar law in Deut.
Deu 24:7 If a man be found stealing any of his brethren of the children of Israel, and maketh merchandise of him, or selleth him; then that thief shall die; and thou shalt put evil away from among you.

In both cases it sounds to me like kidnapping either to keep or to sell.

The earliest Christian teaching is they wouldn't use violence at all, for any reason.
so they just died? they didn't report crimes? the context of that is a very corrupt government. here I can use a modern version along those lines.

1) no bartending
2) no working for any stores that sells cigarettes, pot and also alcohol
3) don't work for a bank, notary public and the conflict of interest
4) the same with loans as in 3

so they just died? they didn't report crimes? the context of that is a very corrupt government. here I can use a modern version along those lines.

1) no bartending
2) no working for any stores that sells cigarettes, pot and also alcohol
3) don't work for a bank, notary public and the conflict of interest
4) the same with loans as in 3
I wonder if they actually killed their animals to eat or they were all vegetarians???

I wonder if they actually killed their animals to eat or they were all vegetarians???
the op does say guns for the use of hunting.a tool is good thing or bad thing. a knife can kill too, a car, and aslo my hands. better lop them hands off or hand cuff them. its the person behind the tool that does the evil.

the op does say guns for the use of hunting.a tool is good thing or bad thing. a knife can kill too, a car, and aslo my hands. better lop them hands off or hand cuff them. its the person behind the tool that does the evil.
A few posts back it said the early Christians wouldn't use violence at all. That would include killing animals to eat.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back