Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Common Usage?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Consecrated Life,
re: "And the discrepancy you detailed and requested be addressed involved the numbers of nights & days ?"

Yes, but only to the extent that they were involved with one of the requirements for whom this topic is directed, i.e., someone who believes the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with a resurrection on the 1st day of the week.
re: "'But this belief allows for only 2 night times to be involved. To reconcile this discrepancy ............ I am simply asking for examples to support that assertion; i.e., instances where a daytime or a night time was forecast to be involved with an event when no part of the daytime or no part of the night time could have occurred.'"

What is your point?
Your inability to spiritually discern, & take into account the presence of an additional night that was supernaturally commanded to fall that was "forecast" by this Jesus who is the Christ in advance, that you failed to factor into your query.
That was my point.

Luk 23:44

¶And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.

Unchecked Copy Box
Mat 8:27
But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

Your inability to spiritually discern, & take into account the presence of an additional night that was supernaturally commanded to fall that was "forecast" by this Jesus who is the Christ in advance, that you failed to factor into your query.
That was my point.

¶And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.
But again, this topic is directed to those who think the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb. The Messiah wasn't in the tomb during the 3 hours when the sun was darkened during the daytime. He was still on the stake.

The Messiah said that 3 night times would be involved with His time in the "heart of the earth". However, there are those who believe that the Messiah died on the 6th day of the week and who think that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb or at the earliest to the time between the leaving of His spirit from His body and His resurrection on the 1st day of the week. But this belief allows for only 2 night times to be involved. To reconcile this discrepancy some say that the Messiah was using common Jewish idiomatic language. I am simply asking for examples to support that assertion; i.e., instances where a daytime or a night time was forecast to be involved with an event when no part of the daytime or no part of the night time could have occurred.

This topic is essentially directed to those folks who say that it was common at the time to say that a daytime or a night time would be involved with an event when no part of the daytime or no part of the night time could have taken place. A 6th day crucifixion/first day resurrection would be one example. I'm simply looking for other examples to support it's commonality.
I can give examples in the Bible if I can find my notes, but suffice it to say, it went dark in the afternoon when Christ died, and then it came light again, making two days by their counting, on crucifixion day.

Sorry, I have come in at this late hour and think maybe you covered that.

Last edited:
But again, this topic is directed to those who think the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb. The Messiah wasn't in the tomb during the 3 hours when the sun was darkened during the daytime. He was still on the stake.
That would be a lost cause by any configuration since it assumes Jesus being present in His own corpse the entire time it occupied the tomb ?
Jesus hanging out in His own corpse for the duration of any time period prior to resurrection being a non-starter !
He dismissed His spirit the moment He bowed His head in death upon cross:

Mar 15:37
And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.

He was long gone when they took His corpse down from the cross.
His prophecy was that "HE" would be in the heart of the earth, not His body.
Any Christian understands the spirit being " absent from the body " biblical concept .

2Co 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

If all you wanted to do was shut down a claim of Jesus being inside His dead corpse for any specific amount of time you care to mention why didn't you just say to whoever was alleging His presence in the tomb that , "He was never there , period " ?

Much simpler that doing all the math you are going through .

Can you quote anyone on this thread making such a claim by the way ?
I can't find who you are talking about here ?

No Christian being able to support a claim of Christ occupying His corpse & tomb for 1 day, or 1 hour , or even one minute.

2Co 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Last edited:
Consecrated Life,
re: "That would be a lost cause by any configuration since it assumes Jesus being present in His own corpse the entire time it occupied the tomb ?....He dismissed His spirit the moment He bowed His head in death upon cross:"

I included that in post #218 but inadvertently left it out of post #222. However, it doesn't make any difference since the same number of daytimes and the same number of night times would be involved either way.

Consecrated Life,
re: "That would be a lost cause by any configuration since it assumes Jesus being present in His own corpse the entire time it occupied the tomb ?....He dismissed His spirit the moment He bowed His head in death upon cross:"

I included that in post #218 but inadvertently left it out of post #222. However, it doesn't make any difference since the same number of daytimes and the same number of night times would be involved either way.
Where around here has someone claimed that Jesus inhabited His lifeless corpse for the duration it laid in the tomb ?
Can you quote somebody around here claiming that?
I personally have never heard someone professing to be a Christian make that claim.

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

He said "On the third day" eight times when explaining exactly what was going to happen to His disciples.
The ONE time He said "three days and three nights" was in response to the Pharisees request for a sign. As His enemies, they didn't want to hear what He had to say or know Who He really was and Jesus had no intention of speaking clearly to them. His answer was more in the form of a parable. That one response to the people to whom Jesus did not give clear answers does NOT negate the Eight times He said "ON THE THIRD DAY."

Jesus had no regard for the pharisees, scribes and Sadducees. He called them hypocrites (Mat 15:7; 22:18; 23:13, 14, 15, 23, 25, 27, 29 plus more examples in the other Gospels) and a brood of vipers. (Mat 12:34) That is why He spoke to them in parables. (Mat 13:10-17) It is unreasonable to assume that He would reveal His purpose to the people who opposed His every move and then tell His disciples something else.

What is reasonable is that He gave the Pharisees an answer they would not understand and that He explained exactly what was going to take place to His disciples.
He was exact to the Pharisees, their inability to understand notwithstanding.
3days and 3 nights was fulfilled .
Fulfilled by an Almighty Creator who willed the entire universe into existence, commanding that an additional supernatural night , blacker than any night that was before or will ever be again was to fall upon the earth in the hours that our redemption was transacted on the bloody cross.
Jesus died as a dark black as ink supernatural night covered the world at the sixth hour.
A night so black that covered all the earth in the hours that no natural understanding can ever explain.
An extra night commanded to fall for supernatural ends, that no human eye could gaze upon what was transacted the moment the Father turned away from the Son.
A dark moment we will still lack the capacity to fully look into even in the light heaven for eternity.
The second natural night falling at it's usual time after the 9th hour:

Unchecked Copy Box

Unchecked Copy Box

Mat 8:27

But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

So far no one that I know of; nor do I know of anyone - except for you - who has said that He didn't.
Your topic post presumes that the are people here alleging that Jesus remained in the tomb for the duration .
Yes ? No?
Who are the people or persons, I don't see any of them on this thread or around here anywhere ?

I said that Jesus was absent from His Body the entire time.
Yes? No?
And I used the Kings English in stating so .
I see you are having difficulty comprehending, what language is your native tongue ?

Consecrated Life,
re: "Your topic post presumes that the are people here alleging that Jesus remained in the tomb for the duration . Yes ? No?"

No.

re: "Who are the people or persons...?"

They would be anyone who thinks the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb or at the earliest to when the Messiah's spirit left His body.

re: "I don't see any of them on this thread or around here anywhere?"

That has been the case so far.

re: "I said that Jesus was absent from His Body the entire time.
Yes? No?"

Yes, you did say that.

re: "...what language is your native tongue?"

Good ole central NY English.

Consecrated Life,
re: "Your topic post presumes that the are people here alleging that Jesus remained in the tomb for the duration . Yes ? No?"

No.

re: "Who are the people or persons...?"

They would be anyone who thinks the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb or at the earliest to when the Messiah's spirit left His body.

re: "I don't see any of them on this thread or around here anywhere?"

That has been the case so far.
Well your OP calls out " those " who allege the tomb is heart of the earth as though they are here with us .

" there are those who believe that the Messiah died on the 6th day of the week and who think that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb ............. I am simply asking for examples to support that assertion" (rstrats)

I was just wondering why you would expect to be given " examples" when there is no one I have seen or you have seen here alleging such a thing ?

Did you see these people on one of the other forums here .
I would like to question them about this myself .
Thanks .

Well your OP calls out " those " who allege the tomb is heart of the earth as though they are here with us .

I was just wondering why you would expect to be given " examples" when there is no one I have seen or you have seen here alleging such a thing ?

Are you suggesting that every member of "Christian Forums" has looked in on this topic? Plus I assume there are new subscribers coming on board from time to time.

Are you suggesting that every member of "Christian Forums" has looked in on this topic? Plus I assume there are new subscribers coming on board from time to time.
Time will tell.
I'm betting that even after beating the forum bushes in hopes of finding just one person who alleges such a thing you will come up empty.
I have never seen that suggestion about the tomb proffered here on any other forum, by anyone in the past either.

It's hard for me to believe that you've never heard of anyone who thinks that the heart of the earth is referring to the tomb.

When I read these sort of discussions I think that some angel somewhere just had to have had had a stop watch and activated it the second Jesus died so exactly 24 hours x 60 minutes x 3 days later He could be resurrected so that no one can accuse the Bible of lying when it comes to the 3rd day prediction.

When I read these sort of discussions I think that some angel somewhere just had to have had had a stop watch and activated it the second Jesus died so exactly 24 hours x 60 minutes x 3 days later He could be resurrected so that no one can accuse the Bible of lying when it comes to the 3rd day prediction.
That would be an issue for a different topic. This one is concerned with one issue and only one issue.

Back