Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Coronavirus

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So far...
The virus is limited in America to those who have been in the airports.

I know that two of the three cases here in middle Tennessee have flown in an airplane domestically. Boston and I can't remember...west coast?

I did some research about how flu pandemics worked. From the late '50s to recent years. And they follow people groups. Huge groups but groups just the same.
There was one in '77 and '78 that was rather suspicious but it predominantly was focused on adolescent children. Didn't seem to make it into the adult population much.

So far this pandemic seems focused on travellers. This is the focus of Italy's isolation...lots of travellers. Indeed, all of America's cases involve those in the travel industry...TSA workers and travellers.

I'm waiting to see where it settles in.

You know, this goes back to what happened in 2001 after 911. However, now people will be afraid of flying for a different reason. I can't say I blame them either. It's just as well we don't have any expensive trips planned this year because I really wouldn't want to take the risk.

You know, this goes back to what happened in 2001 after 911. However, now people will be afraid of flying for a different reason. I can't say I blame them either. It's just as well we don't have any expensive trips planned this year because I really wouldn't want to take the risk.
I'm not going to eschew travel over this.

New York has deployed the guard

Travel is cheap, gas is cheap, because I don't fear I might just take a long holiday. Good time for it. Less people means I don't have to wait in long lines at tourist spots.

What, I wanted to go to Disney land. I don't fear so why should I be discriminated against. I don't have corona.
It was a joke but should Disney world close ,it won't be heart broken ,bane of my,state .

I could go into how that is .

Lots of phobes and racists around at the moment discriminating against people who have a disease. Wearing masks and stacking up on food, and don't want to travel and keeping there distance form others.

Last edited:
Lots of phobes and racists around at the moment discriminating against people who have a disease. Wearing masks and stacking up on food, and don't want to travel and keeping there distance form others.
Look,
There's a deliberate effort to not know the numbers. There's a concerted effort to suppress the effective tests.
This virus kills people...more so than the flu. It may only make you mildly sick...but you could infect someone who will die from this.
If I get this I (not might) I will end up in the hospital on a breathing machine being pumped full of antibiotics and steroids to try and get me to breathe...if one is available and not being used by someone else. And its ridiculous that even though people old enough to remember the past flu pandemics of the 60's, 70's, and others who have some experience with these matters are being soundly ignored and laughed at for saying that this is truly a serious situation.
Laugh all you like....but make sure you laugh at some funerals of those who die from this too eh?

Look,
There's a deliberate effort to not know the numbers. There's a concerted effort to suppress the effective tests.
This virus kills people...more so than the flu. It may only make you mildly sick...but you could infect someone who will die from this.
If I get this I (not might) I will end up in the hospital on a breathing machine being pumped full of antibiotics and steroids to try and get me to breathe...if one is available and not being used by someone else. And its ridiculous that even though people old enough to remember the past flu pandemics of the 60's, 70's, and others who have some experience with these matters are being soundly ignored and laughed at for saying that this is truly a serious situation.
Laugh all you like....but make sure you laugh at some funerals of those who die from this too eh?

Please don't scare me like this. I really don't want to picture you looking like that. :sad

Look,

I'm not laughing, I never was, a deadly virus is a serious thing. All you can do is stay hygienic and what other people do you cannot do anything about it if they want to be dirty and spit and caugh and sneeze everywhere.

All it comes down to is common sense and hygiene, if people feel sick don't go to work or go out, wash your hands after going to the bathroom, don't caugh or sneeze on people, just normal common practice.

I mean, I'm still going to use the same tongs someone else just used at a restaurant smorgasboard to get my food. How do I know they don't have dirty hands or just sneezed into there hand now it's on my hand, but I don't eat with my hands and can take the step and wash my hands before a meal so I'm hygienic.

Last edited:
I'm not laughing, I never was, a deadly virus is a serious thing. All you can do is stay hygienic and what other people do you cannot do anything about it if they want to be dirty and spit and caugh and sneeze everywhere.

All it comes down to is common sense and hygiene, if people feel sick don't go to work or go out, wash your hands after going to the bathroom, don't caugh or sneeze on people, just normal common practice.

I mean, I'm still going to use the same tongs someone else just used at a restaurant smorgasboard to get my food. How do I know they don't have dirty hands or just sneezed into there hand now it's on my hand, but I don't eat with my hands and can take the step and wash my hands before a meal so I'm hygienic.
Travel right now is the absolute worst idea.
Planes, trains, busses...all really bad. It's where it's getting spread.
Go fishing...fine. stay away from people. Share your catch electronically.
There flat out aren't enough tests. You nor infected people know that they are infectious.

And if you look at the numbers I posted earlier...half of all those who have been infected are still sick, dying, or dead.

Yes half got well...but new infections are being discovered...and twice as many are unknown because of no tests, no innoculations, no vaccines, and no antivirals.

They are comparing this to 1918 for good reasons...it's not an equal situation. But a lot of people are going to die from this...most likely someone you know personally.

Travel right now is the absolute worst idea.
Planes, trains, busses...all really bad. It's where it's getting spread.
Go fishing...fine. stay away from people. Share your catch electronically.
There flat out aren't enough tests. You nor infected people know that they are infectious.

And if you look at the numbers I posted earlier...half of all those who have been infected are still sick, dying, or dead.

Yes half got well...but new infections are being discovered...and twice as many are unknown because of no tests, no innoculations, no vaccines, and no antivirals.

They are comparing this to 1918 for good reasons...it's not an equal situation. But a lot of people are going to die from this...most likely someone you know personally.

There has only been 5 cases here, the first case has been discharged from hospital and the other 4 are doing ok.

There have been no new cases in 5 days. I think it's under control otherwise more people would have it daily.

If someone says they have a runny nose are people in bio suits going to knock on there door and say "come with me"?.

Or like someone coughs because they just had a smoke then suddenly national bio security turn up and say "come with me".

Last edited:
Go fishing...fine. stay away from people.

I think I know what your saying how the older generation take it seriously, now I don't know if it is coincidence but I went to both docks after work and there is an old man fishing on each dock, never do I see an old man fishing on the dock for the last many years. Just one old man on each dock. So I'm going to join one of them, maybe they have a good story to share about the old days, I like stories.

Back