Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Coronavirus

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
In a matter of 8 weeks, we (USA) have gone from being a free nation to a police state. It is frightening butthe people are beginning to push back. Govenors and mayors in some states/cities, fat with new self given power, and ignoring our constitution, maybe utterly ignorant of it, are making laws as though that wasn't a legislative process. (Separation of powers.) If a person opens their business in order to feed the family, even if they do it carefully and safely, the govenor or mayor jerks their business license so their livlihood is gone forever. Something they have no legal right to do. They send in the police if they find your child playing outside with another child. They pay people to rat out their friends and neighbors for "violations".
I get the sense that some Americans are very Libertarian. Very aware of their rights. Not sure Aussies are quite the same.
Most of us saw the importance of lockdown. The necessity of lockdown. The need for the government to take firm control. To penalise people breaking the rules. How else can we return to normal economic activity without such measures? We know they are only temporary. The government has our best interests in mind. We trust them.

I get the sense that some Americans are very Libertarian. Very aware of their rights. Not sure Aussies are quite the same.
Most of us saw the importance of lockdown. The necessity of lockdown. The need for the government to take firm control. To penalise people breaking the rules. How else can we return to normal economic activity without such measures? We know they are only temporary. The government has our best interests in mind. We trust them.
Yours might ,but many doubt the American ones.

Lockdown ,essential

Beer?
To go food,
Use a park ,but not the beach,public ,or playground but the nasty homeless can dirty up the bathroom ,their but that's ok.all the while governor ,mayor has a haircut ,food to eat ,not all of them but in the liberal areas yes double standard .

Yeah, that's probably it, but yeah they're saying that this virus can't spread through the water and I find that interesting. Hopefully they will still get people to stay at least six feet apart and not let the public swimming pools become too crowded though.
Please don’t let the President know the virus can’t spread through water. He’ll suggest we could cure people by drowning them.

Im not a huge Ardern fan.

Just because she is kind does not make me a fan. I just find it amazing what her government has done and she gets praised for it. I mean they lock everyone down then spend like hundred billion, everyone broke, the national debt is now like 200 billion and we got a 5 million population, who's going to pay it back, with interest , people are broke, some businesses are broke, some people don't have jobs, what are they going to do, raise taxes or something then everyone will complain even more they broke and can't afford stuff, yet she will still get praised because she's a nice caring person.

95% recovery rate. There is still more cases to recover.

This "recovery" is kind of a misnomer...
It just means that they aren't testing positive any longer.
The damage done to a person who has had this virus won't be recovered for years.
Lung, kidneys, liver, heart, nervous system to name a few.
One person I know still hasn't gotten their sense of taste or smell back because the virus destroyed their nervous system related to that. So they can't tell the difference between a beer or a grape soda except by looking at it.

Then there's the fatigue...they have no stamina for even an easy kilometer walk. When they used to walk 10K hiking trails on a regular basis.

Cured isn't exactly what they claim it is.

It's just insanity. I mean they create a situation where they locked everyone in there house, shut business down, people lost jobs, and then turn around and spend like over 100 billion that's not even there money because the people have to pay it back with interest, and they get praised for it. They created the situation then offered cash to fix it, that's just more debt with interest everyone has to pay back.

Last edited:
Saw a stat. 25% reduction in world greenhouse emissions since covid.
That should make the environmentalists happy.
does that mean we can keep mining coal?

Neat trick, but I seriously hope that this doesn't wind up being a reality. JohnDB, you might really like this guy. This is off a show on Netflix. :biggrin (I thought that fake skin was used but I think there's a little bit of blood on that last guy's arm,.. :eek2although I suppose that it can be fake blood)

YouTube clip removed for inappropriate language

Last edited by a moderator:
Shops opening Australia. Its like playing hopscotch. Arrows...all traffic this way..now turn left...now that way...just for social distancing rules..
hey i just wanna sit down and have a cup of coffee...and you want my name phone number and home address?

Hey i just wanna sit down and have a cup of coffee...and you want my name phone number and home address?

I know, in my opinion I think it majorly infringes on privacy. I mean having to give your name, address, and phone number to the public, people you don't even know. That's just not right. It don't matter if its a business or not, you don't know the owner, you don't know there staff.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back