Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Coronavirus

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
i dont blame anyone not wanting to work in a factory. especially assembly line repetitive fast work
it turns us into zombie robots.
My,job is repetitive .I walk routes.in fact the might fine machine acted up,so I grabbed pen and paper and used memory to walk,the pattern that the machine had me and knew where the meters would be,easy section to that .the street called Wynn cove that would have been more difficult.I have read an,entire route without a machine and missed one or two meters,one was because I forgot it.the other because I couldn't gain access .

So yes my job is repetitive

My,job is repetitive .I walk routes.in fact the might fine machine acted up,so I grabbed pen and paper and used memory to walk,the pattern that the machine had me and knew where the meters would be,easy section to that .the street called Wynn cove that would have been more difficult.I have read an,entire route without a machine and missed one or two meters,one was because I forgot it.the other because I couldn't gain access .

what about standing on an assembly line?
so if you screw up the whole thing has to stop. peer pressure as well

How bad that is,that route I read by,memory ,it started at the house meter for 1795 old Dixie hwy,9 meters of electric ,water under the boardwalk.it,ended at a water meter for Crestlawn and you had to drive to electric meter for that cemetery worker whose water meter you just read or read it over the fence if you could make out the read.

have you welded?

I have. It's part of my job in metal fabrication

do you think in one day a welder will be a good one?

Practice make perfect just like with any skill. I could train up someone to make the same thing in a short time. But to be able to build anything requires experience

That was an interesting article and I agree with what it was saying. The perception of our society towards work that has any kind of physicality to it is very poor indeed. That has led to the young generation being somewhat afraid of it

We used to have "technical schools" in Victoria. Schools that were trade focused.
I think we need to bring them back in order to rebuild industry here.

Im really happy with the noise ScoMo has been making recently cos we have become a bunch of NPC men, human robots

This is what society is becoming... Robots

I have. It's part of my job in metal fabrication

Practice make perfect just like with any skill. I could train up someone to make the same thing in a short time. But to be able to build anything requires experience

That was an interesting article and I agree with what it was saying. The perception of our society towards work that has any kind of physicality to it is very poor indeed. That has led to the young generation being somewhat afraid of it
Yes but it would require a schooling where you could waste,materials without consequence to teach proper welding and the three types of mig,tig,stick welding ,and also cutting with a torch ,oxyacetylijr type and also plasma arch welding .if i remember that . most places might have training but want an experienced welder over a new guy .welding was offrered locally ,I,took that class plus my old job at fleet had a welder . I had to help him hold materials in,place ,move metal around ,he used tig,often usually on aluminum,dumpsters

China just locked down and put another major city into quarantine like they did with Wuhan province.

This one is to the north on the boarder with Russia. Its another one of those confounding spellings that is hard to pronounce.

America is still losing the fight today. The daily death toll is still over 10% above the total deaths from this thing.

I am so hoping for sunrise when this long night will be over. I don't do couch time so well. I am bored and worried about friends.

Heilongjiang was locked down because travelers from Russia brought the plague to them. When will they ever seal the borders already.

i dont blame anyone not wanting to work in a factory. especially assembly line repetitive fast work
it turns us into zombie robots.

That would literally be the happiest day of Michael74's life.
We used to have "technical schools" in Victoria. Schools that were trade focused.
I think we need to bring them back in order to rebuild industry here.

Im really happy with the noise ScoMo has been making recently cos we have become a bunch of NPC men, human robots

This is what society is becoming... Robots

LOL 0:21 what the heck!? :hysterical:hysterical:hysterical:hysterical:hysterical I get the point but still,.. ROTFL!!! XDD!!! Thanks for the laugh, I needed one because I haven't been feeling good today. LOL!!!

I like robots almost as much as I like chocolate.

I like chocolate better but I can't stop replaying that video with Donald Trump's crazy dance. :hysterical:hysterical:hysterical I have yet to figure out what that has to do with anything (since I don't think it does) but LOL!!! :rofl2That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a long time and that whole video is kind of weird and crazy. I can't stop giggling LOL!!! :spit

Oh and I almost forgot to mention that I couldn't believe it but for a belated birthday present I just got the movie Cats (2019 and yeah please don't judge me :oops2) today,.. that must mean that Amazon is still shipping some non-essential items. :shock

Researchers say 19 spreads more rapidly than previously thought. This now suggests that 82% or so of the population needs immunity before herd immunity can keep 19 in control.

Other researchers say 19 produces few antibodies in the young, suggesting that other defenses are controlling 19 in them. It also means reinfection may be possible in a relatively short period of time. Reaching 82% for herd immunity without a vaccine could be challenging. Antibodies are thought to be needed for immunity.

Lots of research on 19 is still needed to find a solution. A factory to produce critical medical supplies would speed research. Otherwise, serial lockdown could become the new normal for a long time.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back