Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Coronavirus

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Good. I like shopping on-line.

Yeah, but they didn't really do a good job with handling my package because they just flung it onto the driveway and it could have very well been run-over and broken. I would have been really upset and angered if it had been since it was a belated birthday present so I'm really glad that it wasn't.

Right now I'm sort of wondering if it had anything to do with the Coronavirus although I can't really see how. Personally, I believe that God is testing us since this Easter we can't really do much but focus on Him anyways. Which is just as well because even though I enjoy Easter eggs and chocolate as much as the next person,.. Easter has gotten way too commercial anyways just like Christmas has.

Researchers say 19 spreads more rapidly than previously thought. This now suggests that 82% or so of the population needs immunity before herd immunity can keep 19 in control.

Other researchers say 19 produces few antibodies in the young, suggesting that other defenses are controlling 19 in them. It also means reinfection may be possible in a relatively short period of time. Reaching 82% for herd immunity without a vaccine could be challenging. Antibodies are thought to be needed for immunity.

Lots of research on 19 is still needed to find a solution. A factory to produce critical medical supplies would speed research. Otherwise, serial lockdown could become the new normal for a long time.

It is a virus that causes severe illness in some people and very little reaction in others...
They are researching why.

They are currently researching exactly how effective hydrochloroquine is with a double blind study. Vanderbilt university is involved.

Then Vanderbilt is also researching two cures for the illness. They have gotten it fairly dialed in with which antibodies are needed to fight off the virus. They also have a medicine they think will stop this virus and other corona viruses in the same fashion Tamiflu does for influenza viruses.

It isn't going to be a whole lot longer before this thing is whipped.

Only travel for essential. Does rona spread from vehicle to vehicle?

I mean if someone jumped in there vehicle and went to the beach for a isolated walk they are breaking the rules.

Last edited:
Big increase in domestic violence since lockdown. Lots of mental health issues. I said that would happen. But lockdown is all about saving lives.

Anyhow big day. Went to work was full-on busy done a 10 hour day then come home and played a 800 player poker tournament that went for 5 hours, only got 40th out of 800 but made the payout so im still stedly climbing in my $2 to 10k lockdown challenge. Physical and mentally demanding day. Keeping my body and mind busy to stay sane.

Still slowly chipping away at the vegetable garden. Can only do so much physical work in one day.

Day off today so its poker tournaments and a big of vegetable garden inbetween . A bit of physical and a bit of mental. There is only so much I can do in a tiny place on lockdown.

Last edited:
They are currently researching exactly how effective hydrochloroquine is with a double blind study. Vanderbilt university is involved.

NIH said:
Many U.S. hospitals are currently using hydroxychloroquine as first-line therapy for hospitalized patients with COVID-19 despite extremely limited clinical data supporting its effectiveness...

It was widely used in Korea too. Seems promising, but is not a panacea. Just seems to help a bit. Maybe 10 days on a ventilator instead of 14.

There has been a huge spike in domestic violence cases.

Undo lockdown to level 3 that's more common sense and save lives and injury.

Of course when people are locked inside there house and cannot leave it's going to cause flip outs.

We already have a high enough suicide, depression, and domestic violence rate.

go to the beach. but dont stay long.
make sure you are swimming 1.5 metres from other swimmers. 1.5 metres exactly.

I would go to the beach but im banned. Even people at the beach are more socially distanced than when people go the shop and buy food.

I'm banned from jumping in my isolated vehicle from my isolated house and going to the beach for a isolated walk.

That's my penalty for doing nothing wrong.

I seen the fishery officers out here twice today, they must be really busy with everyone banned from fishing and not a single boat on the water. Lol. Easy going month for them.

Last edited:
...lockdown...

New Zealand is trying to eliminate 19 in one fell swoop. If they succeed, they won't have to do the serial lockdown thing that other first world countries are moving toward. Just get it over with. All the way eliminate it.

If they succeed, they will have to keep their borders locked down until the rest of the world gets its act together. Maybe awhile.

51 people in South Korea who were certified clean and released from quarantine tested positive again. Researchers aren't sure if they were reinfected, 19 hid in their cells then reactivated, or the first tests were inaccurate.
Since South Korea is real big on Hydroxychloroquine, then that would make me wonder if......though Hydroxychloroquine kills the virus in one's body, it provides no immunity. This would leave that same body open to re-infection. One would have to stay on Hydroxychloroquine for the duration of the pandemic.

Hydroxychloroquine...it provides no immunity.

Correct. Antibodies provide immunity, not hy.

One would have to stay on Hydroxychloroquine for the duration of the pandemic.

No. It has too many side effects in the elderly. Most young don't need it all the time because their symptoms are mild. Maybe a few people would be put on hy preventatively, but not many.

South Korea is doing a pretty good job of keeping track of infected citizens, and quarantining just them. Europe and North America would do well to manufacture additional tests/supplies, and follow Korea's example.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back