Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Coronavirus

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Correct. Antibodies provide immunity, not hy.

No. It has too many side effects in the elderly. Most young don't need it all the time because their symptoms are mild. Maybe a few people would be put on hy preventatively, but not many.

South Korea is doing a pretty good job of keeping track of infected citizens, and quarantining just them. Europe and North America would do well to manufacture additional tests/supplies, and follow Korea's example.
I would gladly take hydroxychloroquine til this thing is stamped out.

New Zealand is trying to eliminate 19 in one fell swoop. If they succeed, they won't have to do the serial lockdown thing that other first world countries are moving toward. Just get it over with. All the way eliminate it.

If they succeed, they will have to keep their borders locked down until the rest of the world gets its act together. Maybe awhile.

It's just about social distancing and staying hygenic, level 3 is enough, it's all about health and locking people down creates mental health issues. There has been a big spoke in domestic violence and abuse, people are stressed, depressed.

Mental health is just as important as physical health.

Last edited:
Apparently im a hero for staying at home and also for washing my hands. Lol. That would be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Your a war hero mate... An ANZAC veteran leading the front line against the enemy
Putting his life on the line for his mates in true ANZAC spirit

Therefore Daniel Kiwi Dan you have been awarded the Victoria cross medal for your heroic bravery... (round of applause)...:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I seen the fishery officers out here twice today, they must be really busy with everyone banned from fishing and not a single boat on the water. Lol. Easy going month for them.

Hehehe they were on a stake out. Watching out for you mate... LoL
U must live close to Auckland if there are water rats around

Your a war hero mate... An ANZAC veteran leading the front line against the enemy
Putting his life on the line for his mates in true ANZAC spirit

Therefore Daniel Kiwi Dan you have been awarded the Victoria cross medal for your heroic bravery... (round of applause)...:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

If I went from my isolated house into my isolated car and drove to the beach and went for a isolated walk then I would not be a hero, so I will stay at home, wash my hands, and be a hero. Think of how many lives I have just saved.

Stay home and save lives.

You can call me kiwi "hero" dan.

Last edited:
If I went from my isolated house into my isolated car and drove to the beach and went for a isolated walk then I would not be a hero, so I will stay at home, wash my hands, and be a hero. Think of how many lives I have just saved.

Stay home and save lives.

You can call me kiwi "hero" dan.

Hang on... Who gave this honourary title of ANZAC hero???
If its Ms Ardern then Im going to have to strip u of that title unfortunately... LoL

Hang on... Who gave this honourary title of ANZAC hero???
If its Ms Ardern then Im going to have to strip u of that title unfortunately... LoL

No, it was some American celebrity on the radio who said I was a hero. Lol. But Ardern did say to stay home and save lives, so its the same thing, that means im a hero because im saving lives, I should take a nap now and show my true heroic status. What I'm going to do is have a nice hot shower so im fresh and clean and then go to sleep, true hero styles.

Last edited:
Jason can you tell me if they use quinine to treat malaria?
My uncle, (My mothers brother), was on the armed forces all his working life. He was on Malaya for 3 years and caught malaria there. For years later it kept on coming back and he would get flash backs until the malaria disappeared again.

Jason can you tell me if they use quinine to treat malaria?
My uncle, (My mothers brother), was on the armed forces all his working life. He was on Malaya for 3 years and caught malaria there. For years later it kept on coming back and he would get flash backs until the malaria disappeared again.
Quinine derivatives

Quinine is the old...hydrochloroquine is the new drug.
Quinine is in tonic water and people with certain genetic backgrounds can't take the stuff.
Usually black and Mediterranean/middle Eastern. There is another but I can't remember... never needed to as I'm not a doctor, I just remember weird stuff in bits and pieces. But anyway they don't take it as it has bad side effects for them.
My wife and I occasionally drink a tonic water to help with cramps/Charlie horses. And it does miracles for that.

But I really wouldn't encourage drinking that stuff on a regular basis. It tastes nasty and...I don't think that it's all that good for you. But mixed with Gin or cranberry juice it isn't so bad. Just saying...

Right now,
The backlash against the social distancing is coming to a head.
People want out of their self quarantine...

If we let up too soon...what we have endured will be for nothing.
A slight loosening next month is going to be necessary.
And we are going to lose people because of it.
We will also see a spike in hospital filling up too. Almost to the bursting point.

Toilet paper will finally be in the stores by Christmas...

Thanksgiving will be very different this year.
4th of July will look different too.

This quarantine is going to be very expensive by the time it's over. For everyone...in many ways...in lives lost, businesses closed, bankrupt nations, and other ways too.

But here's the chilling thought...
As far as epidemics go...this one is mild. There are worse out there waiting to come out.

We will also see a spike in hospital filling up too.

Flattening the curve is intended to be serial in nature. When projections indicate that hospital capacity will be exceeded, lockdown is initiated until there is enough capacity. Then quarantine is loosened until the next surge, whereupon lockdown is again temporarily initiated. This goes on for a year or two until a vaccine is developed, or 82% of the population has developed immunity by recovering from an infection to produce herd immunity. (Assuming that enough antibodies are developed to produce immunity, which is unproven with 19.)

South Korea is using a different approach. Tracking and isolating only those infected. Most of the west is not able to follow this approach because they lack enough tests/supplies to find out who is infected. The west doesn't seem to have the know-how to build factories to manufacture enough modern gadgets, so they are reduced to using the stone age technology of serial lockdown. Supplemented by telling people to make homemade masks out of old T-shirts.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back