Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Daily Verses

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
'"Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the Lord God is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation."'

Isaiah 12:2
https://www.bible.com/bible/100/ISA.12.2

I often put my trust in people when I have a fear or an anxiety. Help me Lord to put my trust in You and You alone! It is You who are my strength and You alone are the answer to my depression and anxious thoughts. No problem in life is too big for You. You can meet me in my troubles and be the strength I need to endure. I don't pray for removal of my afflictions, only that You will be the King of all my life, including my illnesses! Only You matter in these things. Help me Lord I pray that I may be a strength to others and lead them to the knowledge of you.

'"Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the Lord God is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation."'

Isaiah 12:2
https://www.bible.com/bible/100/ISA.12.2

I often put my trust in people when I have a fear or an anxiety. Help me Lord to put my trust in You and You alone! It is You who are my strength and You alone are the answer to my depression and anxious thoughts. No problem in life is too big for You. You can meet me in my troubles and be the strength I need to endure. I don't pray for removal of my afflictions, only that You will be the King of all my life, including my illnesses! Only You matter in these things. Help me Lord I pray that I may be a strength to others and lead them to the knowledge of you.

That was a very beautiful song Papa. The Lord is always reminding me that He is my strength whenever I am struggling in life and with my fiancée currently being in prison, I definitely am an awful lot. Thank you for posting this and reminding others that they aren't alone either and that they are LOVED by the Almighty God. God bless you and you are in my prayers. :hug

Well we're back!! And I do believe that this is a perfect verse to start with.

Psalm 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."

I figured that since we're only supposed to be posting one verse that I would just post this one, but I really feel like they're all important so I figured that I would also post the link to the rest of the verses just in case anybody was curious on reading them.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+23&version=KJV

Your know as much I want to believe it is, I'm not sure that that verse I posted above is always true for me. For if it were, I wouldn't desperatley be wanting Joey to come home right now. :sad

The reason that I am posting this verse today is because I myself sometimes need a reminder of it. Even though I believed and called on Jesus' name to save me, the devil really likes to deceive me sometimes and make me believe that I'm not really saved so I just though I would throw this verse at him and burry him with it. :bricks

Romans 10:13 "For whosever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." :cross

My thoughts for today:
'For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. '

2 Timothy 1:7
https://www.bible.com/bible/100/2TI.1.7

Soldiers for the Lord.

We are not to be timid, but powerful for the Lord. Not in our own strength, but His. What do I have to offer you ask? You can offer yourself and let God do the rest. He has gifted us all in some measure, for His Kingdom's sake.

We are created on purpose - for a purpose. Beyond our purpose of belief and faith and loving God, we have the purpose of using our gifts in the service of God as we serve others in love. It starts in the home. Have a servant's heart, putting others first in Christ's name. This is the way of the Master. From there, reach out to the world. In serving others, we demonstrate the Kingdom of God. And from those actions, we are able to proclaim the Kingdom of God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When our words match our actions, they come with power and authenticity. May God give us the power to serve Him with our gifts!

Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them."

(since this verse was a bit hard for me to read hopefully I capitalized the proper He's)

Romans 12:1
Philippians 4:8

As Papa Zoom said, our service to God begins in the home. We work for our family and do our best for them. Showing a behavior of love and forgiveness.
Colossians 3:23

And then it spreads out to the rest of the world. These are not works. It's just being the way God would want us to be. Doing what we can to make the world a better place. God cannot be here, it's required for us to change the world into a better place in any small way that we can.

And, for our own good, I like Philippians 4:8.
When I fear something worldly, I like to wonder what it would be like if Jesus were right there with me and I could see Him. It would be so nice. As humans, we can desire this. But we must believe with our spirit that God is always with us.
Jesus said He would never leave us.
Mathew 28:20

A lot of other people on here might question me on why I'm deciding to quote this verse, but it means a whole lot to me personally so I will go ahead and post it anyway.

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God." (there's more to this verse but that's my favorite part and I only wanted to post that part if you click on the verse itself, it should give you the whole entire thing though :))

A lot of other people on here might question me on why I'm deciding to quote this verse, but it means a whole lot to me personally so I will go ahead and post it anyway.

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God." (there's more to this verse but that's my favorite part and I only wanted to post that part if you click on the verse itself, it should give you the whole entire thing though :))
That's always a good one......one we should practice more often.

'Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. '

Colossians 2:6-7
https://www.bible.com/bible/100/COL.2.6-7

Nurture your relationship with Jesus. Develop a daily habit of prayer and devotions. Don't miss a day and make this a priority in your life. This is a first step in walking in Him and in establishing one's faith. Put your anchor down and be firmly planted in God's word and follow the example of Jesus. Live as He lived, fully dependent on God the Father. He prayed daily and was ever mindful of His purpose. Not earthly purpose, but Kingdom purpose.
I love the Amplified version:

Colossians 2:6 AMP Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in [union with] Him [reflecting His character in the things you do and say--living lives that lead others away from sin],7 having been deeply rooted [in Him] and now being continually built up in Him and [becoming increasingly more] established Or by.in your faith, just as you were taught, and overflowing in it with gratitude.

Back