Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Daily Verses

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
'"Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the Lord God is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation."'

Isaiah 12:2
https://www.bible.com/bible/100/ISA.12.2

I often put my trust in people when I have a fear or an anxiety. Help me Lord to put my trust in You and You alone! It is You who are my strength and You alone are the answer to my depression and anxious thoughts. No problem in life is too big for You. You can meet me in my troubles and be the strength I need to endure. I don't pray for removal of my afflictions, only that You will be the King of all my life, including my illnesses! Only You matter in these things. Help me Lord I pray that I may be a strength to others and lead them to the knowledge of you.

Thank you so very much for your post. Right now in my life your words were like a soothing balm on all my aged hurts. Jesus is all that matters, and I love Him so.

The resurrection of Jesus Christ validates His sacrifice for sin, removing sin's sting. "O Death, where is your sting?" (1Co_15:55). Eternal life replaces sin's sting for all who believe in the Lord Jesus....For a split second of time, the Angels wondered if Jesus' sacrifice would be accepted by the Father as the appropriate sacrifice that He would accept as full payment of Adams sin.....Glory to God, Jesus was raised from the dead and seated at the Father's right hand and then the angels had their answer, YES O YES Jesus is accepted, Glory to God in the highest.

'Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;'
Hebrews 10:23
https://www.bible.com/bible/100/HEB.10.23

It's my birthday. Thank you God for life.

In our faith, we hold tightly to the hope we have in Christ. We do not waver from this hope and we cling to the promise that God has made. He IS always faithful. If you don't feel your faith remember: Faith is not a feeling, it's the hope of things unseen and it rests solely on the God of the universe! It's in Him that we rest our hope, not on our fluxuating feelings. Hold fast to that.

Here's a good one I found for this Saint Patrick's Day.

Proverbs 17:22 "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit sap's a person's strength.

Since I am going to be starting off the new Easter thread today, I have a beautiful Bible verse that depicts the true meaning of Easter.

Mark 16:5-6 "As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed. Don't be alarmed, he said. You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene who was crucified. HE HAS RISEN! He is not here. See the place where they laid Him.

Praise the Lord Almighty! He is alive! We serve a living God. :cross I am going to be posting this on the new Easter thread soon as well, but I just had to post it here as well. We were discussing in church this morning that Jesus Christ conquered death and has overcome the world. I love Dolly Parton and she sings this song so beautifully and it's so powerful that I get goosebumps every single time.

'In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. ' Romans 8:26-27 https://www.bible.com/bible/100/ROM.8.26-27

Isaiah 30:18 NKJV

"Therefore the Lord will wait, that He may be gracious to you;
And therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you.
For the Lord is a God of justice;
Blessed are all those who wait for Him."

Here is another Easter related verse.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me.

Titus 3:8,9 NKJV

8. This is a faithful saying, and there things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

9. But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.

-

Philippians 1:6 ;

""""And I am certain that God, who began His good work within you, (salvation-redemption) will faithfully continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."""

Hebrews 12: 2

"""""" looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith,"""""

Titus 3:5

"""" not by works of righteousness, which we did ourselves, but according to his mercy, God saved us """

This is actually the first half of two verses. I am going to post the other one tomorrow. For now here's the first one still having to do with the Easter theme.

Luke 22:19 "And He took bread, and gave thanks and brake it, and gave it unto them, saying, this is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me."

"Rejoice not against me, O my enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." ~Micah 7:8

Psalm 116:12-14 NKJV

12. What shall I render to the Lord
For all His benefits toward me?
13. I will take up the cup of salvation,
And call upon the name of the Lord.
14. I will pay my vows to the Lord
Now in the presence of all His people.

In my morning devotions I am running across some very excellent Verses I'd like to share. Let this thread be about that. Share your daily verse or verses (in context). Just one per day and not a whole list of them. Make a pithy comment and let the Spirit speak to the reader.

'Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. ' 1 John 4:7-11 https://www.bible.com/bible/59/1JN.4.7-11

God's love for us is foundational to our faith. It's not that we loved Him, but that He first loved us. For God is love. May this truth cover you today. God is the source, the well of love. Drink deeply from the well.

May your day be blessed in Him and may you shine before all with whom God brings you into contact. Have a blessed day.

~Papa
Amen, and Happy birthday! I see you consistently write about God's love , Papa. And I'm really glad you do! I view Bible as God's great story of LOVE and redemption. Learning to love God, neighbor, and fellow believers is what Christ asks of us. God bless .......Raj

Amen, and Happy birthday! I see you consistently write about God's love , Papa. And I'm really glad you do! I view Bible as God's great story of LOVE and redemption. Learning to love God, neighbor, and fellow believers is what Christ asks of us. God bless .......Raj
Hi Raj, Oh that men who quote the precious word of God, would walk in the ways thereof.
The Gospel of Christ, The cure for death (2 Tim. 1:9-10)
Douglas Summers

Back