Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Daily Verses

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Scripture Of The Day - Pride Of Life

1 Corinthians 1:31 -- "As it says in the scriptures, 'If anyone is going to boast, let him boast only of what the Lord has done.'"

If someone were to ask us, "What must I do to inherit eternal life?" we would probably tell him, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved."

A rich young ruler asked Jesus the same question but instead of telling the man to believe in Him, Jesus gave him the law (Mark10:17-22).

CONSCIOUSNESS OF LIVING BY THE LAW

Jesus saw that the young ruler lived his life taking PRIDE in his ability to keep the law to earn salvation and the favor of God. But because of His love for the man, Jesus had to show him that those who live by the law must realize that their self-efforts cannot save them.

So Jesus had to tell him, "One thing you lack....sell whatever you have and give to the poor... and come... and follow Me." When the young ruler heard that, he walked away sorrowful.

BOASTING ONLY IN JESUS

When we boast of having kept the law, it will always point out something we lack or have failed to obey. The law is so holy and perfect that if we don't keep even one small part of it, it has no choice but to judge and curse us. (Galatians 3:10). That is what the law was designed to do.

Let's boast only in Jesus' finished work on the cross -- that He is our strength, health, favor, prosperity, wisdom, hope, salvation, and glory. That is how we will see ourselves enjoying our inheritance of abundant life!

Scripture Of The Day - Clothed With Camel's Hair

"And John was clothed with camel's hair...and He did eat locust and wild honey." - Mark 1:6

John the Baptist ate wild honey and he ate locusts. He dressed, looked, and acted very differently from everyone else. He was shunned by many because he seemed so religious or abnormal. But He was uniquely created by the Father. He was not part of the status quo, and neither are many earnest Believers!

Stay true to the King, and do not comprise and follow many of those you see. John the Baptist was given the mantle of Elijah. Elijah stood on the truths of God's Word and didn't compromise; nor did John.

The Father is raising up John the Baptists; those who have been separated, and have chosen obedience to Him. They will carry the mandate and mantle. They will go and devour the locust. The very thing that came as a plague in Exodus (locusts), will be something they will easily overtake! The army of God is coming alive, just like in Ezekiel 37:10!

"And the Lord changed the wind to a very strong West wind, which caught up the locusts and carried them into the Red Sea. Not a locust was left anywhere in Egypt." - Exodus 10:19
Blaze

Scripture Of The Day - Questioning What God Has Said

Genesis 3:1 - "Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?"

When we succumb to guilt and shame, we give in to the single oldest temptation in the Bible - the temptation to question our identity and God's identity.

The very first temptation in the Bible was not to partake of forbidden fruit, but to question what God had said. The serpent said, "Has God indeed said, ' You shall not eat of every tree of the garden?" Once he got them to doubt God's integrity and identity, it was easy to lure them into foolish actions.

In the same way, before the devil tempted Jesus with anything else, he tried to pry Him away from His identity: "If You are the Son of God...." (Matthew 4:6). He wanted Jesus to doubt His identity.

So what is the devil's strategy with us today?

Affirmations:

I AM A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST.

I AM THE RIGHTEOUS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS.

I HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST.

I HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE MINISTRY OF RECONCILIATION.

I AM AN AMBASSADOR FOR CHRIST.

I AM IN CHRIST JESUS.

Scripture Of The Day - Releasing The River Of Life

"He who believes in Me [who cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me] as the Scripture has said, from his innermost being shall flow [continuously] springs and rivers of living water." - (John 7:38)AMP

As Believers in Jesus Christ we walk in and release a supernatural, prophetic river of life (see John 7:38). It is already flowing through us. The reality of the new creation is this: When a person is born again, the Spirit of Jesus comes and takes up residence inside. From that moment forward, new life flows out of that person like a river of living water.

The new life that flows through us makes it possible for the Kingdom of God to touch the earth.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever" (see Hebrews 13:8).

What He did from the beginning, He still does today – creating and re-creating, healing, restoring; sending light into the darkness; bringing victory to the humble and defeat to the proud. On a daily basis, as Believers we breathe in and out the supernatural atmosphere of Heaven into the earthly realm.

As followers of Jesus Christ:

we are each given a Christ calling to bear good fruit and fruit that remains (see John 15:16),

we are called to listen to what the Holy Spirit is saying (see John 16:13) and echo it in a meaningful, relatable way.

Let him who has an ear listen to what the Spirit is saying (see Revelation 2:7).

Scripture Of The Day - Repentance Into A New Direction

2 Corinthians 3:16-18 -- "Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord."

To repent means to "turn around and go in the opposite direction, change our minds, purposes, and what motivates our thought life." Repentance enables us to walk in a new direction.

Our lives are totally changed when we repent of our bad thinking. When our mind is renewed with the word of life we are transformed from glory to glory into His image. Repentance creates a passionate desire for intimacy with God.

As we repent, now turning to the heavenly example, we are recharged, awakened, and invigorated; we rise up in His healing, delivering power.

ENLARGING OUR EXPECTATION

Isaiah 54:2 -- "Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations; spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes."

We ask, knock, and seek until we come to understand God's purpose for our life (Matthew 7:7).

To walk in our DESTINY in Christ we must learn new ways and walk out of the old ways and comfort zones of the past. Now is the time to enlarge, stretch, lengthen, strengthen, spread abroad, resettle, inherit and inhabit the new places.

It is time to let go of the old and reach for the new, embracing the high calling of God in our lives, to win souls and DISCIPLE new believers.

The Holy Spirit has a divine plan. He will lead and guide us into the new by teaching us how to walk in resurrection power. Like Esther, we were created for such a time as this.

Scripture Of The Day - Revelation

Hosea 4:6 - "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge."

Proverbs 29:18 says similarly, "Where there is no revelation the people cast off restraint." A more correct and complete translation is: "Without a prophetic revelation, the people go unrestrained, walking in circles, having no certain DESTINY."

The word vision refers to the spirit of revelation coming upon you, giving you a vision of God’s purpose for your life (your Christ calling). You need this to be in His will for your life – otherwise, you would have no way of advancing His Kingdom and bearing fruit that remains.

Revelation is so essential in our lives that without it we perish. This is what we live by. Without unfolding prophetic revelation that expands your capacity to see life from God's perspective, you will perish. Without seeing your present circumstances through God's eyes, you will spiritually die.

Revelation is critical to the normal Christian life.

Ephesians 1:17 - "For I always pray to the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, that He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and revelation (of insight into mysteries and secrets) in the deep and intimate knowledge of Him."

Scripture Of The Day - Seeking His Kingdom

The key that opens the door to the kingdom, is found in Matthew 6:33, "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you." If you have decided to live based on where the best job is, or career incentive, or even the best schools for your children, and you are having a hard time finding a local church that you fit into, it is likely because you are not in the will of God for your life.

If you truly live seeking first the kingdom, you will make every major decision based on where you are CALLED to be for His PURPOSE for your life. Then the jobs, schools, and everything else will be added to us. They may not be the jobs we want, or even the schools, but they are the ones we need!

QUESTIONS TO ASK MYSELF:

Where does God want me to be?

What does God want me to do?

Scripture Of The Day - Praying Amiss

What does it mean to pray wrong?

In many cases it simply means to pray without expecting results. Many Believers use prayer as a kind of spiritual wishbone.

Start praying in the Name of Jesus according to the Word of God, and expecting to receive what you ask for every single time -- this is bold and you have a scriptural right to be bold.

According to scripture you have a standing invitation from your heavenly Father to "come boldly unto the throne of grace that you MAY OBTAIN" (Hebrews 4:16).

That word "obtain" is a word of certainty meaning to "get possession of." When you go to God in accurate, Word of God-based, Spirit-inspired prayer, you DO know that He's going to meet your need exactly as you asked Him. Start expecting results today.

Scripture Of The Day - The Hope Of Glory

Galatians 2:20 - "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me."

Satan wants us to feel alone and abandoned. We are never disconnected from the Lord because He lives in us. We don't always feel the presence of God but He is always in us.

We stay "God-inside minded." We live by and through Him. He is our wisdom, strength, peace, righteousness, and everything else we will ever need. We simply need to believe that Christ in us is the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27).

He is our hope of our finding and living in His purpose for our life and bearing fruit that remains for the Kingdom. He promised to be with us always (Matthew 28:20). Meditate on the fact that God lives in you and you are never disconnected from Him no matter how you feel.

Scripture Of The Day - Christ's Obedience

2 Corinthians 10:5 - "Casting down arguments, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

Have you ever felt condemned because of the bad thoughts you have had? You may have felt that you had to confess every one of them and seek God's forgiveness. But that is not what God's Word exhorts us to do. God wants us to bring "every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ." Whose obedience are we to focus on? Christ's obedience and not our own obedience!

This means that when our thoughts condemn us, we are to focus our thoughts on Jesus' obedience at the cross. The devil can only make inroads into our minds when he gets us to focus our obedience instead of Christ's obedience. His strategy is to point us to our obedience or the lack of it to determine our standing before God.

But just as our position as sinners is not based on what we do, but what the first Adam did, in the same way, we are forever righteous today not because of what we do, but because of what Christ, the last Adam, did on the cross. (Romans 5:19)

Affirm the following when your thoughts seem to condemn you:

"My righteousness has nothing to do with my obedience. Jesus' obedience at the cross made me righteous."

Then go ahead and pray, knowing that you have access to God and His favor, and the He hears the prayer of the righteous. (Proverbs 15:29)

Scripture Of The Day - Partaker Of His Sufferings

Luke 9:57,58 - "As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, "I will follow you wherever you go. Jesus replied, 'Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.'"

The reason why Jesus had nowhere to lay His head was because of persecution. The Samaritans, because of a religious prejudice, had just refused Him hospitality, and a place to stay as He journeyed to Jerusalem. Persecution is part of the cost of living a Christian life. Jesus was communicating to this man that not having a place to stay at times was part of that cost.

There are many forms of persecution. Having your life threatened because of your faith in Jesus is one way you can be persecuted. A more deadly form of persecution is, because of your faith, men speaking evil of you or separating you from their company. It's more deadly because it's more subtle. Many who would never directly deny the Lord will fall into self-pity or strife because of someone's criticism.

It helps to recognize that it is not you that they are persecuting, but rather Christ in you. You are actually becoming a partaker of His sufferings and will share His rewards. With this in mind, we can actually shout and leap for joy in persecution!

Scripture Of The Day - Born Blind

John 9:2 - "And His disciples asked Him, 'Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?'"

The disciples asked a question that many ask today. Why is a child born with a physical defect? Is it a judgment of God upon the parents for some sin, or is it God's judgment upon the child for sins that God knows he will commit?

This has led many people to interpret the rest of this verse as saying that God made this man blind just so that He could heal him and be glorified thereby. From this thinking, many doctrinal teachings have risen about how sickness and other problems in our lives are actually blessing from God, intended to bring glory to God and correction to us. This reasoning, however, does not line up with the other truths of God's Word.

It was not God who made this beggar blind. This man was not born blind because of any one person's sins, but because sin, in general, had corrupted the perfect balance that God had created in nature. Therefore, some maladies happen not as a direct result of an individuals sins, but as an indirect result of sin in general

Deuteronomy 28 settles forever the question of whether sickness, poverty, and oppression are really blessings in disguise. God says that sickness and poverty are curses -- not a blessing from God. Christ redeemed us from these curses of the law so that now blessings may come upon us through Him (Galatians 3:13). God's curses have been placed on Jesus and removed from those who accept Jesus' sacrifice.

Scripture Of The Day - Stepping Past Limitation

"Do you not say, 'There are still four months and then comes the harvest'? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!" - John 4:35

It is time or us to be thankful to God for His grace that will empower us who are willing to look beyond challenging situations to see (and have faith in) the fullness of God in every set of circumstances – expecting Him to fulfill His promises no matter what temporary facts may seem to be in the moment.

In this, there will be an ability to resist and deny the lures of our old carnal nature (or flesh) that have tripped us up and limited us in the past. There will be a grace to focus on God, step into His fullness, and trust in His ability to fulfill His promises.

For example, if in the past you have been limited by fear, doubt, discouragement, impatience, procrastination, intimidation, depression, frustration, irritability, or any other manifestations of your old carnal nature, this is the season to grab hold of the fullness of God, and seek, ask, and knock until you come to an understanding of God's purpose for your life so you can begin bearing fruit that remains for God's Kingdom in the earth.

"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 3:14

Scripture Of The Day - Feed My Sheep

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." - Psalm 23:4,5

When Jesus spoke out across the waters (John 21) and instructed the disciples to cast their nets on the other side of the boat in order to usher in a catch of fish, first John and then Peter recognized that it was the Lord. As soon as Peter knew that Jesus was standing there waiting, he waited no longer; he dove into the water (leaving the boat behind), and raced back to shore on his own to meet his beloved Lord.

It's time for us to become like Peter in this passage, and stop waiting for Jesus to come out to us, but rather that we need to rush to be near Him! As soon as Peter was back on the shore, a feast was there waiting that had been prepared for him by Jesus Himself. It was also at this point when Peter had the deepest conversation he'd ever had with Jesus, which regarded love and his relationship with God, as well as his CALLING. (to feed the "sheep").

As you run to Jesus, and dive into your pursuit after Him, He will most definitely pour out His Spirit and presence on you like never before. He has a banquet feast waiting for you, which includes the new wine and manna of Heaven (also known as His joy, His PRESENCE, and revelation on how to bear fruit that remains for His Kingdom

Scripture Of The Day - Soaking In His Goodness

Psalm 31:19 says, "How great is the goodness You have stored up for those who fear You. You lavish it on those who come to You for protection, blessing them before the watching world."
The Hebrew word for "great" is "rab", meaning abundant, large, of major importance, chief, weighty, noble, princely. And that is the basis, measure, and magnitude of God's goodness that He wants to lavish on us.
The goodness of God is not something that God does; it is who He is! It is His nature to be the good to His children! He is incapable of sabotaging His nature!
All we need is to:
choose to BELIEVE His goodness,
DECLARE it,
MEDITATE on it,
SPEAK it over our lives and circumstances,
RECEIVE it by faith,
and watch what the Lord will do on our behalf!
The Lord will bless you before a watching world! People are going to witness the power, provision, and blessings of God over your life!

AFFIRMATIONS:
I am confident that I see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!

The Lord has stored up goodness for me and He lavishes it over my life!

The Lord blesses me and enlarges my territory. His hand and favor are so evident in my life!

Scripture Of The Day - Living With Divine Expectation

Psalm 5:3 -- 'In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.'

Hearing from God is living with expectation toward Him because expectation places a demand on the Holy Spirit. We should live with expectation toward God twenty-four hours a day, for He abides within us at all times.

God does talk. He is speaking continually. Christians need to develop their receivers (their human spirits) which will enable them to tune in to the voice of the Holy Spirit.

If we start our day by thinking of all that needs to be done, our minds will attempt to figure things out, and we'll shut God out of our thoughts. If we focus on Him, He will talk to us and direct our day.

AFFIRMATIONS:

I live with expectation, I pray with expectation, I listen with expectation -- I hear HIS VOICE.

I take time to listen to the Lord to hear strategies for myself, my family, and the needs of the Kingdom.

Scripture Of The Day - Who Am I Serving?

IS OUR RELIGION ABOUT SATISFYING OUR NEEDS AND DESIRES?

2 Corinthians 5:15 - “And He died for all, that they who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf."

Romans 14:7,8 - “For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lords."

Our salvation has freed us from ourselves so that we can live for God.

We died to the law but we also died to all the claims and aspirations we had staked out as citizens of this world.

We no longer live unto, or for ourselves, because we are no longer our own. The whole meaning of our individual lives and faith consists of serving His purpose for our life.

We will only discover and fulfill God's high CALLING (our DESTINY in Christ) when we allow ourselves to be fully subjected to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:19,20 - "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price."

Scripture Of The Day - Pursuing Ministry To Equip Others

"You should teach people who you can trust the things you and many others have heard me say. Then they will be able to teach others." - 2 Timothy 2:2

The true success of our ministry to others will be by how it brought forth the formation of Christ within the person God has given us to DISCIPLE.

Church members need to be encouraged to "think bigger." They need to see themselves as ministers to their fellow man.

The Christian life is more than just commitment to Christ; it includes a commitment to other Christians.

We need to rise up and release worship, intercession, and a song to the Lord to usher in an awakening to those floundering who need to be DISCIPLED (by us) into a higher truth.

Scripture Of The Day - Apprehending Breakthrough

"Then he said, 'Take the arrows,' and the king took them. Elisha told him, 'Strike the ground.' He struck it three times and stopped. The man of God was angry with him and said, 'You should have struck the ground five or six times; then you would have defeated Aram and completely destroyed it. But now you will defeat it only three times.'" - 2 Kings 13:18-19

Breakthrough IS Coming: Keep Striking the Ground!

Do not be discouraged if at first you don't see your victory manifest. Breakthrough will first happen in the spiritual, then in the natural. Just because you can't see it in the physical does not mean it isn't happening in the spiritual. Keep on striking the ground!

What has been barren and withered for so long will begin to revive and flourish. And the good news is? All that you need for breakthrough has already been given to you; it's already there! The Lord has deposited that miracle within you and it will bear fruit as long as we walk in accordance with the principles of the Kingdom.

Affirmation:

I AM WILLING TO HUMBLE MYSELF, LAY DOWN MY OWN AGENDAS/AMBITIONS, AND WORK IN PARTNERSHIP WITH GOD -- KEEPING MY EYES FIXED ON JESUS.

Scripture Of The Day - Encounter With God

Matthew 22:29 - "You are wrong because you know neither the scriptures nor God's power."

In this passage, Jesus rebukes the Pharisees for their ignorance of the scriptures and God's power. What was the cause?

They didn't allow the scriptures to lead them to God. They didn't understand......not really understand. The word "know" in this passage speaks of "personal experience." They tried to learn apart from such an experience. Their study didn't lead them to an encounter with God. It became an end in itself.

Christianity is not a philosophy; it is a relationship. It's the "God encounter" that makes the concepts powerful. We must require this of ourselves.

How?

We must seek until we find.

We must be moved with the love of God to the point that we seek His face until we are "clothed with power from on high!"

Luke 11:10 - "For everyone who asks and keeps on asking receives; and he who seeks and keeps on seeking finds; and to him who knocks and keeps on knocking, the door will be opened." AMP

Back