Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Dancing in Church

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
i guess them jews didnt dance at weddings, they didnt have fun in a clean manner then when marriage occured?

if they did, and they do. they do dance as my dad talked about jewish weddings sometimes.

so are we not the bride of christ?

Classik, please take this advice in the spirit it's offered (which is only to help.)

First, ignore the people here who just want to keep beating this issue to death. You're not accountable to them.

Second, don't lose your youthful zeal for the Lord over issues like this, but temper that zeal with responsibility. Paul said we are free to do many things in Christ, but not at the cost of causing a weaker brother to stumble. If dancing offends some in your church, they are the "weaker brothers." Don't let your freedom in Christ to worship Him with dance cause others to stumble. Keep the dancing to a minimum or do it where they won't notice you doing it (a church's cry room is a great, out of the way place to worship as the Spirit leads and not distract or offend anybody.)

Finally, do whatever you do both for the Lord and out of love for your brothers and sisters in Christ. And again, ignore the people who are telling you that you are not free in Christ to dance. You are accountable to Christ, your parents, and your church in that order, not strangers you meet on the internet.

Hope this helps and - more importantly - I hope it ends this discussion.

I stand in agreement with this...:yes

Luke 7:37-38

A woman in that town who lived a sinful life learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house, so she came there with an alabaster jar of perfume. As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.

Luke 7:44-47

Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven — as her great love has shown.

I believe that what the woman in the story above did for Jesus was an act was WORSHIP.

"as her great love as shown" indicates the woman expressing her love for the Lord in her own unique way of pouring perfume at His feet and kissing His feet, despite her notorious reputation as a sinner, and the Lord acknowledging it and being extremely pleased with her, consquently assuring her that "her many sins have been forgiven".

How awesome !

Now, the Bible nowhere mentions that this is THE way to worship God. Neither does it forbid this practice.

God recognizes it when worship is done "in Spirit and in Truth" - and I do not believe it excludes either dancing or pouring expensive perfume at the feet of Jesus.

That Jesus never danced is a lame argument to use against dancing in church, for Jesus did not speak in tongues either, Jesus did not play musical instruments either.... but worshippers today do these things and we are in no position to judge them as violating true worship.

The God of the OT is the same God of the NT and is the same God that we worship today. I don't believe dancing that is sincerely demonstrated in "Spirit and in Truth" as an expression of joy and love for God is an abomination to God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back