Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Debating with atheists? Should we?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Me cool? I don't often get that :)

I believe that the people I meet, I meet through a series of random events. I met my partner through one such moment. Maybe as we met it was ferimones or the number of things we had in common that brought us closer... The smell of flowers? I put that down to evolution, The flower has evolved that smell to attract pollinators to further their genetic line. I'm sure this is an all too familiar story, but thats where i stand at the moment at least.

Theres nothing wrong in holding to the evolution theory but it doesn't rule out God. I think there are threads about this already on the Christianity and science section but evolution and God are 2 different levels of explanation; one is a mechanism the other is an agent/designer

My 3 debate DVDs have arrived :)

Is There a God? - debate between Peter Singer and John Lennox
Is God Great? - debate between Christopher Hitchens and John Lennox
Can Atheism Save Europe? - debate between Christopher Hitchens and John Lennox (with a certain Richard Dawkins in the audience)

The debates between Dawkins and Lennox were very good so looking forward to these :)

I think debates are important as it allows both sides to air their view and their responses to the points made. Ironically, if it wasn't for the likes of Dawkins and Hitchens I probably wouldn't have got involved in the intellectual side of faith and become as sure as I am now. For all their anti religious rantings they encouraged me to think and it let me straight to the works of John Lennox and others.

:) really we cant learn if we dont talk with eaachother ..
Atheist are people too, maybe they will change their mind if we talk of God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back