Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

devils

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
hallo I pray that the devil and devils stay the hock out of my life thank you
You don't have to worry about those guys. God has them chained up and they are definitly not loose in the world today.

4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; 2 Pet. 2:3–4.

The ones you have to watch out for are humans, both male and female.
Keep your eyes on God and keep the gunpowder dry.

You don't have to worry about those guys. God has them chained up and they are definitly not loose in the world today.

4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; 2 Pet. 2:3–4.

When exactly did this occur, Jeremiah?
The ones you have to watch out for are humans

At least we agree on this much, but it's because demonic spirits still use humans. They are separate beings, not "attitudes," and you are being spiritually irresponsible when you tell others demonic spirits are no longer involved in the affairs of men. As I've told you before, the very doctrine itself arises from them, to conceal their activity, and you don't want to conceal the work of demons and aid the Devil in doing so, you want to expose them and their work.

Hmm. . .

It Is Interesting The Subject Of Spirits.
Where The Ghoulish Goblins & Eerie Ghosts Whisper In The Dark.

As The Light Tapping Of The Pulse In The Timid Heartbeat Sing's Dreadful Songs Of Cryptic Mysteries.
Although Sometimes Frightening. A Simple Greeting To Our Heavenly Father, God. Can Envelop The Sadness.

No Need To Dwell On Insecure Possession. No Need To Wallow In Historically Locked Unusually Odd Exorcism's.
The Way, The Truth, And!, The Life Is Waiting For All Of Us In THE NEW TESTAMENT. For You Too Dear Reader (!!!).

Good Luck!,
May Wisdom Bless!.

And!,
Please,
Remember To,

Stay Forever True, Friend's. . . 😞😞 :bible 😞😞

When exactly did this occur, Jeremiah?

At least we agree on this much, but it's because demonic spirits still use humans. They are separate beings, not "attitudes," and you are being spiritually irresponsible when you tell others demonic spirits are no longer involved in the affairs of men. As I've told you before, the very doctrine itself arises from them, to conceal their activity, and you don't want to conceal the work of demons and aid the Devil in doing so, you want to expose them and their work.
"Demonic spirits" are evil attitudes, and they are the reason for all of evil in the world. They come from a sinful nature in man.
And I never said they are not involved in the affairs of men. They are the reason for all the evil in the world today.

"Demonic spirits" are evil attitudes, and they are the reason for all of evil in the world. They come from a sinful nature in man.

Why the quotes? You believe "unclean spirits" are merely attitudes as well, and not spiritual beings entirely distinct from humans, having a mind, heart and will of their own?

Again, when exactly did this occur? This will be the second time I am asking you. Please answer me.

Last edited:
Why the quotes? You believe "unclean spirits" are merely attitudes as well, and not spiritual beings entirely distinct from humans, having a mind, heart and will of their own?
Correct.
Again, when exactly did this occur? This will be the second time I am asking you. Please answer me.
I believe the Scripture that says, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Period. Here is the heaven and earth created. Complete. Finished.
But I don't believe God would create anything "without form, and void, and darkness on the face of the deep." So, IMHO something happen to the earth to render it "without form, and void and darkness on the face of the deep."

I place the finding of sin in Lucifer after his creation and after Genesis 1:1 and before Genesis 1:2.
This understanding is called by others the Gap Theory.
To me this is God finding the sin in Lucifer (but God didn't "find" it as though He didn't know what He was creating) for I believe there is only ONE God, there is NONE like Him and He gives His glory to NO ONE (as Isaiah says.) This means anyone and anything God creates will fall short of His glory. "Falling short" means to "miss the mark" of the glory of God. The Greek word is "harmatia" and translated as "sin" in the KJV. (think archery.)

15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. Eze. 28:15.

I believe that the heaven and was rendered "without form, and void, and darkness upon the face of the deep" because of the anger God expressed against this sin and for His purpose instead of destroying Lucifer He took it out on the planet and here is why:
After God created the heaven and earth it was a perfect sphere and every gem and jewel, and mineral covered the earth like layers cover an onion. I also believe all God's angels had a function and ministry before God and His throne on earth. Angels also ministered in the heaven. Seraphim in heaven, cherubs on earth. There's a reason why Ezekiel calls the Garden of Eden "the Garden of God."
The ministry of Lucifer was to "cover" the throne of God.

14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Eze. 28:14.

The word "anointed" is a mistranslation. It means "[in] the sense of expansion; outspread (i.e. with outstretched wings) [Strong's].

The "holy mountain of God" is because God's Presence is there in the midst of the stones of fire (presence of God.)
If Lucifer's ministry was to "cover" the throne of God, this places him above the throne and literally in first heaven (atmosphere from the ground to where outer space begins.) He wanted to ascend to second heaven where the moon, planet and stars reside.

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:
I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
Isaiah 14:13–15.

It is here that God cast the angels that sinned unto hell delivered in chains of darkness to await final judgment.

4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; 2 Peter 2:3–4.

Jesus also said He saw Lucifer [Satan - adversary] fall like lightning, which is how fast God handled him and the angels that sinned. They are all locked up and are not loose on the planet to interfere with God's plan for man. And God destroyed the planet. And I'll tell you why I believe this from Scripture and sound reasoning.

24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled,
And all the hills moved lightly.
25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man,
And all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness,
And all the cities thereof were broken down
At the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
Jer. 4:24–26.

"There was no man" the word "man" is the word "ʾādām" meaning Adam [male and female] had not been created yet. The "birds" of the heaven I believe are the angels, and they fled when God unleashed His anger upon the planet and destroyed it (made it unfunctional - without form, and void, and darkness upon the face of the deep."
In a way God dealt with Lucifer but He did it by destroying the planet upon which was the mountain of God (possibly pre-Jerusalem as David calls it.)
Scripture says "the gifts and calling of God are without repentance" meaning He's doesn't take back His gifts and calling - whether angel or man. In order to remove Lucifer from his ministry was to destroy the planet. No planet, no ministry to cover the throne of God on the mountain of God.

1 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste,
And turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.
Isaiah 24.

Again, in the fierce anger of God before man [Adam - male and female] were created.
So, from Isaiah he says the Lord maketh the earth "empty" and "waste/void" the same language of Genesis 1:2.
God literally turned the earth upside down, meaning North America and Europe were southern hemisphere continents.
There is nowhere in Scripture God did this while man was on the planet. I put it between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2.
The Gap Theory.
At least, my version of understanding.

And your view of the church tradition that this referred only to the angels who sinned with women?
Church tradition? Well, if it's tradition you know how those pan out against the Word of God.
Spirit beings are just that. spirit. Women are physical, or the earth earthy. Impossible for angels that are spirit to have sex with women. who are physical.
Too many inconsistencies to even think such a thing is feasible let alone possible.
The angels that sinned did so before man was created. They were cast down to hell delivered in chains of darkness awaiting judgment day.
That's what Peter says as well as Jude.

The term demon comes from the Greek "daimon". Demons (fallen angels) are also called evil spirits, unclean spirits and devils in scripture as they are disembodied spirits as angels have no form. The use of the terminology of demons, evil spirits, unclean spirits and devils are interchangeable in scripture as they all mean the same thing. They exist in a demonic realm as principalities, Romans 8:38, 39; Ephesians 6:12, and have a hierarchy of rulership controlled by Satan as being his messengers, Matthew 12:22-30; Mark 3:22; Luke 4:35. They have no physical form, but can viciously posses a body, Matthew 8:16-31; 12:43-45. Demons are numerous in numbering and can also speak like the Legion of unclean spirits in Mark 5:9.

Well, if it's tradition you know how those pan out against the Word of God.
Spirit beings are just that. spirit. Women are physical, or the earth earthy. Impossible for angels that are spirit to have sex with women. who are physical.
Too many inconsistencies to even think such a thing is feasible let alone possible.

Then why did the entire early church believe it up until around 300 A.D.?
The term demon comes from the Greek "daimon". Demons (fallen angels) are also called evil spirits, unclean spirits and devils in scripture as they are disembodied spirits as angels have no form. The use of the terminology of demons, evil spirits, unclean spirits and devils are interchangeable in scripture as they all mean the same thing. They exist in a demonic realm as principalities, Romans 8:38, 39; Ephesians 6:12, and have a hierarchy of rulership controlled by Satan as being his messengers, Matthew 12:22-30; Mark 3:22; Luke 4:35. They have no physical form, but can viciously posses a body, Matthew 8:16-31; 12:43-45. Demons are numerous in numbering and can also speak like the Legion of unclean spirits in Mark 5:9.

Yes. They are described as spirits in scripture. If what is described by the word "spirits" are merely attitudes, then the Holy Spirit is merely an attitude as well, since the exact same term is used.

Last edited:
Church tradition? Well, if it's tradition you know how those pan out against the Word of God.
The angels that sinned did so before man was created. They were cast down to hell delivered in chains of darkness awaiting judgment day.
That's what Peter says as well as

Then why did the entire early church believe it up until around 300 A.D.?
I can't answer to that.
Yes. They are described as spirits in scripture. If what is described by the word "spirits" are merely attitudes, then the Holy Spirit is merely an attitude as well, since the exact same term is used.
Scripture defines the Holy Spirit as a Person.

They are not fallen angels nor derive from fallen angels. "Demons," "evil spirits" are something else and they can come from God.

When Abimelech had reigned three years over Israel,
23 Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech: Judges 9:22–23.

14 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him. 1 Sam. 16:14.

I can't tell you what to believe and I don't have all the answers but I do have a position that so far has worked well with my Scripture knowledge (2 Pet. 2:4) and reason. The angels that sinned are all cast down into hell in chains of darkness awaiting judgment. God is dealing with man now and He'll have no interference.

I can't answer to that.

But see, I believe those who assume the responsibility of teaching God's word need to be able to. If the early church was teaching something contrary to what we are teaching, there needs to be a strong explanation for how and why they were wrong, and how exactly they went wrong and when, or we are simply throwing out church tradition (which as you know is not an ugly word in the New Testament) and replacing it with something that has no foundation laid down by the apostles and leaders of the first two centuries of Christendom.
When Abimelech had reigned three years over Israel,
23 Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech: Judges 9:22–23.

14 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him. 1 Sam. 16:14.

And when scripture refers to an evil spirit or an unclean spirit, it refers to them as a person as well.

43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

An attitude does not "walk about in dry places, seeking rest." It does not say to itself, "I will return into my house from whence I came out." It doesn't take with it seven more spirits more wicked than itself after it finds the house swept and garnished. That is a person being described, a distinct spiritual entity apart from mankind which is acting on its own initiative, has its own will and intent, and has its own desires and wants.

Last edited:
But see, I believe those who assume the responsibility of teaching God's need need to be able to. If the early church was teaching something contrary to what we are teaching, there needs to be a strong explanation for how and why they were wrong, and how exactly they went wrong and when, or we are simply throwing out church tradition (which as you know is not an ugly word in the New Testament) and replacing with something that has no foundation laid down by the apostles and leaders of the first two centuries of Christendom.
I can't answer to the early church believing as they did. I can only address what I find in my own studies of Scripture. But I'll do what I can about your comments below.
And when scripture refers to and evil spirit or an unclean spirit, it refers to them as a person as well.
I agree. What's wrong with the possibility these two demonics as they are called had mental conditions? Besides Jesus healing physical deformities and sickness is there any place in Scripture Jesus healing mental conditions?
No and yes.
Surely mental conditions have plagued mankind since their creation. Nebuchadnezzar was given a mental condition by God. What about people born with mental conditions and sickness since then? Show me in Scripture Jesus healing someone like this.
43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

An attitude does not "walk about in dry places, seeking rest." It does not say to itself, "I will return into my house from whence I came out." It doesn't take with it seven more spirits more wicked than itself after it finds the house swept and garnished. That is a person being described, a distinct spiritual entity apart from mankind which is acting on its own initiative, has its own will and intent, and has its own desires and wants.
Metaphorically it does. A person is not a house, is he? Unless Jesus is using figurative speech, and He does so in your passages.

There are only three spirits in creation the gift of discerning of spirits discerns.
1. the spirit of the angels
2. the spirit of man
3 the Holy Spirit.

I believe God is Sovereign over His creation. If He has the power to create then He must also have the power to control. And there is no free will. Free will is an illusion. All we do in the natural realm God created for us to exist in is confined within the will of God. We can choose black dress or white dress, chocolate or vanilla, but we have no power in the spirit realm. God knows the end from the beginning because He's ordained the end.

When God created the heaven and earth there was no man when the angels that sinned were locked up in chains of darkness as Peter says. And when God created man there were no angels that sinned because they were locked up in chains of darkness.

I find great significance in these words "and in his right mind" Mark 5:15.

Why would the Holy Spirit record this? It was because these two individuals had a mental condition and Legion may have been the name of one of them. This is not unreasonable.
Jesus healed physical deformities and sickness. By why is there no passages of Scripture of Jesus healing mental conditions? Surely people since the creation of mankind have had mental conditions. And why doesn't Jesus heal these people?
He does.
I find evil spirits [attitudes] to be linked to man. Attitudes shape a persons future. You can't have a bad or evil attitude at work can you and expect to stay on that job, right?
Attitudes shape the inner workings of our minds. We have to have good, clean sincere attitudes when we worship and pray to God, even in dealing with people. But what about when the attitude is bad or evil? Do you like to hang out with these people?
Neither did the people in Jesus' day which is why the only accommodations they could find is in caves. There was no welfare programs and state healthcare programs. But all that has disguised the great possibility that people just sometimes have sick minds.
What do you think?
And can you find for me Scripture of Jesus healing someone with a mental condition?

And can you find for me Scripture of Jesus healing someone with a mental condition?
I find great significance in these words "and in his right mind" Mark 5:15.

Demonic spirits were causing the mental condition here. The text reads literally, καὶ θεωροῦσιν τὸν δαιμονιζόμενον καθήμενον ἱματισμένον καὶ σωφρονοῦντα. The word used would be transliterated as "demonized," which means the text is stating, "and seeing the one who was demonized sitting, having been clothed, and being of sound mind."

What does the word "demonized" tell you? He went from being demonized to being of sound mind. Jeremiah, even the Greeks understood demons to be more than mere attitudes, and by rejecting early church doctrine in favor of a mere theory, you have developed an opinion that doesn't match with use of the terms or their ancient meanings either. And any break from early church tradition needs to be properly justified or we have no zero basis upon which to judge anything. The Holy Spirit can be a ball of lint. Jesus was actually a hamster who came from Mars. The Devil and Hell are just myths so let's remake Christianity into anything we want to now.
Metaphorically it does. A person is not a house, is he? Unless Jesus is using figurative speech, and He does so in your passages.

They used the same analogy of believers being the temple of the Holy Spirit, so obviously He wasn't talking about a real Spirit there, it was all figurative and the Holy Spirit is just an attitude.

Jeremiah, your teachings are off-base, unsubstantiated, and throw the entire Christian religion and early church tradition into doubt, on a whole host of issues actually. I don't have time to go any further with you on this, but the effect of what you are doing is to further erode the foundations of Christianity rather than strengthen them, which I cannot condone.

Back