Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Did Jesus teach what is called now Tulip ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I know I wasn"t really concerned about my own conduct, before I realized the truth of the gospel,

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Pro.22:6

Since this helpful instruction is true, total depravity cannot be true. Simple as that.
The doctrine of total
depravity relieves a man of responsibility for his choices. It’s God’s fault a man is not choosing to believe.

So then according to Jn 6:44 Jesus is saying that the natural man has the ability to come o Him and believe ?
How do men manage to believe Buddha, Mohammed, Joseph Smith and a host of liars? Why can they believe lies but not the truth?

I can quote you countless scriptures where Jesus

1) told people to believe
2) Complimented them on their faith
3) criticized them for not believing

You cannot show me ONE where Jesus thanked God that a man believed …not one.

He thanked God that He had reveled understanding to men, not that He gave them faith.

How do men manage to believe Buddha, Mohammed, Joseph Smith and a host of liars? Why can they believe lies but not the truth?

I can quote you countless scriptures where Jesus

1) told people to believe
2) Complimented them on their faith
3) criticized them for not believing

You cannot show me ONE where Jesus thanked God that a man believed …not one.

He thanked God that He had reveled understanding to men, not that He gave them faith.
We done for now. You keep evading my question.

Pretty sure Paul isn’t talking about babies. He wasn’t writing that babies are natural as though there’s another option.
Are babies human beings ? When Eve had a son she called him a man Gen 4:1

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord. But now we know cain was a baby !

Are babies human beings ? When Eve had a son she called him a man Gen 4:1
Is this a serious question???? Do you not know or are you retreating to the obvious?
And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord. But now we know cain was a baby !
I guess this was a serious question. This is not going to be a debate between equals. I not only know babies are human beings, I know a great about their internal organs as well as their immune system. You are out-gunned, I’m afraid.

Did Jesus teach what is now known as Tulip?

This one thing I know. Jesus would never have had Calvin for one of his disciples, and the apostles would have said, "He is not one of us."

Did Jesus teach what is now known as Tulip?

This one thing I know. Jesus would never have had Calvin for one of his disciples, and the apostles would have said, "He is not one of us."
Jesus might have told him to give up his political power and follow Him.

Neither did Nichodemous want to change, he was rich and, he liked his religion, the religion of the Pharisees better. He was not for turning. It was pointless talking to him. And, he was exercising FREE WILL, which Calvinists deny. What is the point of going on and on?

Last edited:
Yes every human being enters the world as natural.
But by "natural man" not receiving the gospel, Paul doesn't mean everyone born on earth. He means people who reject the gospel in favor of their own desires,

they...became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Rom.1:21

He's saying they weren't created that way to begin with. They "became" that way.

Neither did Nichodemous want to change, he was rich and, he liked his religion, the religion of the Pharisees better. He was not for turning. It was pointless talking to him. And, he was exercising FREE WILL, which Calvinists deny. What is the point of going on and on?
Not to get sidetracked, but Nicodemus is seen defending Jesus' right to be heard and later shows up at the tomb. I think he became a believer.

But by "natural man" not receiving the gospel, Paul doesn't mean everyone born on earth. He means people who reject the gospel in favor of their own desires,

they...became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Rom.1:21

He's saying they weren't created that way to begin with. They "became" that way.
By natural I mean not born again, flesh, unregenerate, not spiritual, dead in sin.

By natural I mean not born again, flesh, unregenerate, not spiritual, dead in sin.
I know what you mean. If what you believe is true, then our hearts don't become darkened over time. You're saying the hearts of mankind are dark to begin with.

Our Savior told us,

unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Mt.18:3

Because the hearts of little children aren't dark.

I know what you mean. If what you believe is true, then our hearts don't become darkened over time. You're saying the hearts of mankind are dark to begin with.

Our Savior told us,

unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Mt.18:3

Because the hearts of little children aren't dark.
Brilliant!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back