Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Did Jesus teach what is called now Tulip ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The authors of these pieces did but intend them for pastors and teachers but ordinary believers.
The verses I offered demonstrated that very thing. Perhaps you did not look at them;
4 And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam.

5 And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the people;) and when he opened it, all the people stood up:

6 And Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

7 Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: and the people stood in their place.

8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly,
and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

The verses I offered demonstrated that very thing. Perhaps you did not look at them;
4 And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam.

5 And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the people;) and when he opened it, all the people stood up:

6 And Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

7 Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: and the people stood in their place.

8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly,
and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.
You know, not everyone was literate in those days. And of the entire New Testament, only letters to Timothy, private letters, were meant for a man in that office.

The scriptures are useful for teaching, correction and training in righteousness. That is not primarily for pastors and teachers but everyone.

Also Jesus taught the P of Tulip the perseverance of the believer, and that is premised on not the believer, but more so on the preserving Grace of God, in other words, their perseverance is the fruit and evidence of being preserved. Jesus said of those His Sheep that He laid down His life for, that to them He gives Eternal Life and that they shall Never Perish. John 10:28

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Now the word give here is the present active indicative of the word didōmi:
to cause, profuse, give forth from one's self,

1. to supply, furnish, necessary things

And Jesus put it in the present tense because He is continually giving, supplying, them with eternal life. Its like when He told the woman at the well this Jn 4:14

14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
Notice Jesus said the water He gives them shall be in them a well of water springing up ito everlasting life. They will be continually watered Isa 58:11

And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

Thats why the Sheep being converted, shall never depart from the ways of the Lord Jer 32:40

And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
Jesus is the Mediator and Surety of this Covenant Heb 7:22
22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

So He has said with exactness, He gives unto them Eternal life and they shall never perish !

Back