Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Did Mary consent to our salvation?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The rosary is a meditation on the Gospel!

The life death and resurrection of Christ!
It's meditating on a woman.

Scripture has no list of the Ten Commandments
Mabye not a list in YOUR post's sense of the word. Exodus 20.

biblical principle of spiritual mother
About as Biblical as biological upwards evolution and "Jesus not God" ideology.

Saints are in heaven fully alive in God
Verses? Even if this is true it doesn't validate Mary worship.

Those who teach error
That was only heretics.

Matt 12:42 greater than Solomon!
Also has a queen at His right hand
So? Mary is nowhere in that verse.
Just because you see "queen" through out the Bible DOES NOT INDICATE MARY.

You, with Catholic ASSUMPTIONS, try to "prove" your points with CIRCULAR REASONING.

Assume Mary is a "queen", and THEN try to seek out verses that you believe "prove it". Circular reasoning is a terrible way to prove "mary=queen".

Prayer is directed to God the source of all blessing thru the intercession of His saints
You don't need to (and shouldn't) try to rely on humans who aren't physically alive for such. Necromancy is a sin.

Why go through alleged saints when we can go directly to God ?
"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Heb 4:16)
Is this the great white throne of God?

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Heb 4:16)
Christians have a union, or affiliation with each other heb 2:17 so a family man with wife and children should have St Joseph as patron to both intercede for him and as an example of Godly virtures

Heb 12:1-3 cloud of witnesses
Rom 12:5 one body
1 cor 12:15 one body care for each other
1 cor 12:27 members
Eph 4:16 edifying the body
Col 2:19 one body

in the line of David the king the queen intercedes for the people
The queen is the kings mother

1 kings 2:19
Thks

I haven't.
I reject idolatry.
I rejected a life of accommodation for sin.
Rejection of the kingdom established by Christ is rejection of Christ. (new covenant church)

rejecting of His revealed truth is rejection of Christ. (Dogma)

and rejection of His authorized ministers is rejection of the king!

The virtues of a Christian are humility, and obedience, faithfulness

The church is of divine origin and cannot be corrupted or reformed by the tradition of men! Truth is immutable!

The church the only ark of salvation, the household of faith and is not spiritual to the exclusion of the physical or invisible to the exclusion of the visible but, visible, invisible, spiritual, physical, and supernatural of divine origin and therefore divine preservation! Matt 16:18-19 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13 Jn 10:16 required 1 cor 13:12

Jn 8:32 you shall know the truth!
False doctrine and error causes spiritual blindness and bondage!

1 cor 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

That was only heretics.

You, with Catholic ASSUMPTIONS, try to "prove" your points with CIRCULAR REASONING.

Assume Mary is a "queen", and THEN try to seek out verses that you believe "prove it". Circular reasoning is a terrible way to prove "mary=queen".

You don't need to (and shouldn't) try to rely on humans who aren't physically alive for such. Necromancy is a sin.
Really?

1st joyful mystery: annunciation of Christ.
2nd joyful mystery: visitation
3rd joyful mystery: birth of Christ
4th joyful mystery: presentation in f Christ in the temple: (circumcised)
5th joyful mystery: finding of Christ in the temple.

1st sorrowful mystery: agony in f Christ in the garden.
2nd sorrowful mystery: scourging of Christ at the pillar.
3rd sorrowful mystery: crowning of Christ with thorns.
4th sorrowful mystery: Jesus Carries the cross.
5th sorrowful mystery: crucifixion of Christ. (Jesus dies on the cross, shedding His blood for our salvation)

1st Glorious mystery: resurrection of Jesus Christ.
2nd Glorious mystery: Ascension of Christ into heaven.
3rd Glorious mystery: Descent of the Holy Spirit. (Pentecost)
4th Glorious mystery: assumption
5th Glorious mystery: crowning of Mary by God in heaven.

That was only heretics.

One thing at a time please

Ex 20 has content of the Ten Commandments but no list 1,2,3 etc.

It does not say this “ ” is the first etc.

It does not say where each commandment begins or ends

Ten Commandments

Ex 20

According to subject matter or context: only nine commandments

First commandment: ex 20:2-6
One God

Second commandment: ex 20:7
God’s name

Third commandment: ex 20:8-11
God’s original sabbath

Fourth commandment: ex 20:12
Parents

Fifth commandment: ex 20:13
Murder

Sixth commandment: ex 20:14
Adultery

Seventh commandment: ex 20:15
Theft

Eighth commandment: ex 20:16
Lying

Ninth commandment: ex 20:17
Coveting

Separating the two about coveting makes sense!

Ninth: Thou shalt not covet Thy neighbors goods.

Tenth: Thou shalt not covet Thy neighbor’s wife.

That was only heretics.

Never said to worship Mary!

Worship requires intent and consent

Philemon 1: 4 I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers,

Anyone in the entire communion of saints can intercede for each other, including those who have gone before is marked with the sign of faith!

All generations call me blessed! Lk 1:
Thanksgiving in praise of Mary for bearing our savior! Matt 1:23 And finding our salvation! Lk 1:30

Praise honor veneration and devotion redound to the Glory of God who created Mary immaculate Lk 1:49 as Christ source of all grace! Jn 1:16-17

Praise, honor, veneration, and devotion are not worship, worship requires intent!

Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done!
John 2

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

Jesus said
“My hour has not come” also indicates Mary’s intimate role in salvation history!

When His has come she would be there and very involved!

Luke 2:35
(Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

Jn 19:25 Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

That was only heretics.

Do we rely on humans to show the way to salvation

Christians have a union, or affiliation with each other heb 2:17 so a family man with wife and children should have St Joseph as patron to both intercede for him and as an example of Godly virtures

Heb 12:1-3 cloud of witnesses
Rom 12:5 one body
1 cor 12:15 one body care for each other
1 cor 12:27 members
Eph 4:16 edifying the body
Col 2:19 one body

in the line of David the king the queen intercedes for the people
The queen is the kings mother

1 kings 2:19
Thks
I no longer go with the unbiblical.
Joseph is dead, and awaits the day of resurrection.

Rejection of the kingdom established by Christ is rejection of Christ. (new covenant church)

rejecting of His revealed truth is rejection of Christ. (Dogma)

and rejection of His authorized ministers is rejection of the king!

The virtues of a Christian are humility, and obedience, faithfulness

The church is of divine origin and cannot be corrupted or reformed by the tradition of men! Truth is immutable!

The church the only ark of salvation, the household of faith and is not spiritual to the exclusion of the physical or invisible to the exclusion of the visible but, visible, invisible, spiritual, physical, and supernatural of divine origin and therefore divine preservation! Matt 16:18-19 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13 Jn 10:16 required 1 cor 13:12

Jn 8:32 you shall know the truth!
False doctrine and error causes spiritual blindness and bondage!
I reject all accommodation for sin.
Only sinners seek out those accommodations, and none of them will find their name in the book of life on the day of judgement..

1 cor 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit....
...27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
I'll ask again..."Why go through alleged saints when we can go directly to God ?
"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Heb 4:16)"

Back