Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Discussing the teachings of Catholicism vs Scripture

Please show me where I or anyone else have said anything about hating Catholics or bashing their doctrines of the catechism.

This thread is entitled the teachings of Catholicism vs scripture and that and only that is what has been presented in this thread comparing the doctrines of the Catholic Church with the doctrines of Christ.

It would be really good if it was true but I see no evidence that is what is wanted.
If you were serious you would raise ONE topic and discuss that, stopping the multitude of diversions that you are all guilty of. If I had time (which I don't at the moment) I would count all the different topics raised. It would be well into double figures.

Each side needs to be presented with the scriptures that have already been written in the Bible. I'm sorry you are upset with the comparison, but truth is only found in the words of God, not the doctrines of the Catholic Church within their catechism.

You are presuming what you have not proved. Scripture alone is unbibical.

Basically this is a slagging off the Catholic Church thread.

@for_his_glory
Here is a challenge if you are serious about a discussion.

Pick ONE Catholic doctrine that we can discuss, and show how it contradicts scripture.
I suggest starting a new thread. This cesspit of a thread is to far gone.

Then use you Staff powers to keep it on topic.

I'm away from home at the moment with only a netbook and without all my notes, but I will do my best to respond, though it might be bettert to wait until I'm home next week.

Please show me where I or anyone else have said anything about hating Catholics or bashing their doctrines of the catechism.

This thread is entitled the teachings of Catholicism vs scripture and that and only that is what has been presented in this thread comparing the doctrines of the Catholic Church with the doctrines of Christ. Each side needs to be presented with the scriptures that have already been written in the Bible. I'm sorry you are upset with the comparison, but truth is only found in the words of God, not the doctrines of the Catholic Church within their catechism.

When you quote scripture and the scripture goes against the Cathecism then you are
“Catholic Bashing”.

Same thing with telling a homosexual that homosexuality is a sin, then you are a homophobic.

JLB

Pick ONE Catholic doctrine that we can discuss, and show how it contradicts scripture.

How about praying to Mary?

Praying to Saints.

Indulgences?

Why Priest’s are forbidden to marry?

:popcorn

It would be really good if it was true but I see no evidence that is what is wanted.
If you were serious you would raise ONE topic and discuss that, stopping the multitude of diversions that you are all guilty of. If I had time (which I don't at the moment) I would count all the different topics raised. It would be well into double figures.

You are presuming what you have not proved. Scripture alone is unbibical.

Basically this is a slagging off the Catholic Church thread.

Not sure what you mean by scripture alone is unbiblical? Can you explain this?

@for_his_glory
Here is a challenge if you are serious about a discussion.

I suggest starting a new thread. This cesspit of a thread is to far gone.

Then use you Staff powers to keep it on topic.

I'm away from home at the moment with only a netbook and without all my notes, but I will do my best to respond, though it might be bettert to wait until I'm home next week.

Post #86 you said: You made the claims.
You provide the evidence.
That's how a proper discussion works

I have provided evidence, but you choose to not look up what I have provided for you. If we do not research what another says then there is no proper discussions.

Post #142 maryourhelp.org / 95 catechism questions & answers

Post #164 Roman Rite

I even asked that my post #55 be deleted if I was stepping over any boundaries, but was left in the thread.

Post #64 I explained we are showing patience and grace to all who are posting and we only ask that scripture is given for how one believes and that no personal attacks are made to any member.

Post #69 I asked you, can you share the doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church that is found in scripture?

Can you explain what the Catholic "Rule of Faith" being the official and authoritative teaching of the Roman Catholic Church? You have still to explain anything.

Post #71 I explained the first known occurrence of "Roman Catholic" as a synonym for Catholic Church

Post #92 you start making personal remarks to JLB and myself. Would that not be the same as bashing us? And then you say "I shall not bother to return here, but here you are.

Post #100 I said: "We have not disrespected you personally in any way as you are allowed your views, but yet we have asked you to use scripture and repeatedly asked you to share the doctrines of the Catholic church which you refuse to give us so we can discuss them. It is you who is not opened to discuss the scriptures or the history of the true Church of Christ with Him being the head of the body of Christ (Church)."

I only ask, why is that?

When you quote scripture and the scripture goes against the Cathecism then you are
“Catholic Bashing”.

Same thing with telling a homosexual that homosexuality is a sin, then you are a homophobic.

JLB

I don't think any of us have given severe criticism to the catechism of the Catholic church or the Roman Rite but only discussing that most of it is not found in the Bible. Is this not what this thread is about according to the title.

for_his_glory
post #55 is a good example of Catholic bashing; a lot of anti-Catholic claims with not a shred of evidence provided.
I pointed that out in post #68

All I got in response was:
"You can say this is all untrue, but yet the facts are out there if you search the history of the Romans from where the Roman Catholic Church was established from the time of the Babylonian Empire up to the Roman Empire. "
Again not a shred of evidence given for that claim.

and later:
"It's very well documented. Go do a google search and look it up"

That's not a discussion. It's just Catholic bashing because you refuse to provide evidence for your anti-catholic claims.

Apparently you do n
for_his_glory
post #55 is a good example of Catholic bashing; a lot of anti-Catholic claims with not a shred of evidence provided.
I pointed that out in post #68

All I got in response was:
"You can say this is all untrue, but yet the facts are out there if you search the history of the Romans from where the Roman Catholic Church was established from the time of the Babylonian Empire up to the Roman Empire. "
Again not a shred of evidence given for that claim.

and later:
"It's very well documented. Go do a google search and look it up"

That's not a discussion. It's just Catholic bashing because you refuse to provide evidence for your anti-catholic claims.

Apparently you do not want any discussions since you ignore and refuse to answer the questions we have been asking you so it's time for me to move on. You have a great day and God bless you and yours.

Start a new thread.

Put it in this same category.

Sub Topic Threads.

Go to the top of this thread and click on “Sub Topic Threads” .

Then where it says Post A Thread.

Then label the title.

And fill in the post.

Hit the Post Thread button.

I hear you. It’s doubtful any of them were born again in the first place.

There are many things I see in this article that troubles me.

But I guess this first line really is sad in so many ways.

A Dearborn priest has learned his baptism was invalid after a notice from the Vatican’s Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith that baptisms using specific language were unacceptable.

They are invalidating everything this man has done in his life as a priest, because the priest who baptized him, said “we” baptize you, instead of ““I baptize you....

I went back to check and it looks like the Vatican changed their tune.

The original version of this story included baptisms in a list of affected sacraments. However, baptisms performed by the Rev. Matthew Hood remain valid as baptisms can be performed by anyone, not just priests. The story has been corrected.

Now they are saying baptisms can be performed by anyone not just priests.

:shrug

It is interesting is the RCC is moving away from the sacramental view of faith to a more biblical perspective, where the priest does not exist as a separate person from the priesthood of all believers.

It makes me think of my confirmation and my baptism as a believer. I never thought of the faith of others involved, rather the testimony of my heart to Jesus. Once one validates the Lords work by the spirituality of those around, you have a problem when they fail. Is it valid before failure, or only if they are currently walking right with the Lord?

A similar question arose in my mind. I am praising the Lord with prosperity gospel believers, yet I could fall into judgementalism against them, rather than it is my heart singing in praise to God through the words not affected by the sincerity or otherwise of those round. One can end up very lost if the attitude of others defines the reality of ones own heart experience.

Paul had this dilemma, and concluded he did not judge himself or others, it was for the Lord on that day.
It is the power of the simplicity and purity of walking with Him that makes the difference.
It is this light we carry, honouring the honouring of the Lord, not matter the context, because honouring the Lord matters more, and His light always shines brighter no matter how men think the can dull and change its meaning.

God bless you

It is the power of the simplicity and purity of walking with Him that makes the difference.
It is this light we carry, honouring the honouring of the Lord, not matter the context, because honouring the Lord matters more, and His light always shines brighter no matter how men think the can dull and change its meaning.

Amen bro. So true.

Thank you for this post.

The Lord bless you.

JLB

Back