Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Discussing the teachings of Catholicism vs Scripture

And their disciples, the Apostolic Fathers, taught what the Apostles taught them.
And their disciples, the Early Church Fathers, taught what the Apostolic Fathers taught them.
And their disciples, the Early Church, taught what the Early Church Fathers taught them.
And their disciples...
Until, in the 16th century one apostate monk decided to throw everything out the window and start his own church. Many have followed his example every since, so that now we have 30,000+ different churches, as well as innumerable freelancers.

Unfortunatly the scriptures are inspired by God, not the writings of man.

If is doesn’t align with scripture, then its questionable at best.

JLB

Unfortunatly the scriptures are inspired by God, not the writings of man.

True, but neither is man's interpretation inspired. And that is the weak link, man's interpretation. St. Peter warns us that Scripture is often hard to understand and easy to twist (2 Peter 3:16), and that there shall be among us "lying teachers who shall bring in sects of perdition" (2 Peter 2:1). Which is why Our Lord has told His disciples to "go and teach all nations" (Matthew 28:19). Jesus never told His apostles to "go and write a book." It would therefore be rather rash for someone to dismiss the interpretation of the Apostolic Church Fathers who lived with, talked with, and learned directly from the Apostles themselves, to claim that they got it all wrong, and then to pretend that our interpretation is somehow more reliable because we have a book that the Early Church Fathers compiled, or because we have a direct hotline with the Holy Spirit and they didn't.

If is doesn’t align with scripture, then its questionable at best.

Sure, but there is still this element of private interpretation and .. ignorance, which is why St. Peter warned us against private interpretation, against being unlearned and against being unstable. Three factors that can deceive us into rejecting doctrine that is indeed Scriptural, or accepting doctrine that is not Scriptural.

True, but neither is man's interpretation inspired. And that is the weak link, man's interpretation. St. Peter warns us that Scripture is often hard to understand and easy to twist (2 Peter 3:16), and that there shall be among us "lying teachers who shall bring in sects of perdition" (2 Peter 2:1). Which is why Our Lord has told His disciples to "go and teach all nations" (Matthew 28:19). Jesus never told His apostles to "go and write a book." It would therefore be rather rash for someone to dismiss the interpretation of the Apostolic Church Fathers who lived with, talked with, and learned directly from the Apostles themselves, to claim that they got it all wrong, and then to pretend that our interpretation is somehow more reliable because we have a book that the Early Church Fathers compiled, or because we have a direct hotline with the Holy Spirit and they didn't.

So let’s agree to post scripture and not man’s interpretation or commentary.

I explained that in the part that you thought fit to delete.

Seeing that you prefer to edit and delete my posts, rather than discuss, I will no longer waste my time replying to you.

I wish you all the best.

I sent you the reason why I deleted your post and the first part of your other post. If you feel this was an unfair action on my part you can take your grievance to the Talk With the Staff forum.

I sent you the reason why I deleted your post and the first part of your other post. If you feel this was an unfair action on my part you can take your grievance to the Talk With the Staff forum.
I will do better than that. I will prove what I said in the parts you deleted, by showing you the Scriptural basis for Catholic doctrine and the deficiency and bad fruits of Sola Scriptura.

I will do better than that. I will prove what I said in the parts you deleted, by showing you the Scriptural basis for Catholic doctrine and the deficiency and bad fruits of Sola Scriptura.

All religions have their own doctrines being traditional doctrines of man. There is only one doctrine and that is the doctrine of Christ that will be discussed. When it comes to any of mans religions the scriptures will always take presidence for what God has already taught.

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Everyone is welcome to share what they have studied or learned from the Catholic Church. Please share the appropriate scripture that correlates to the particular teaching you would like to discuss. This is not a thread to demean Catholic people, but is a study of the teachings of Catholicism verses Scripture.
wondering , Tradidi feel free to join in.

God bless you guys.

JLB
SO IS THIS OPEN TO ANYONE? OR CERTAIN ONES ?

All religions have their own doctrines being traditional doctrines of man. There is only one doctrine and that is the doctrine of Christ that will be discussed.
And what will you do if and when it can be proven that the doctrine of the Catholic Church is the doctrine of Christ? Will you reject it because it is the doctrine of the Catholic Church, or will you accept it because it is the doctrine of Christ?

Last edited:
SO IS THIS OPEN TO ANYONE? OR CERTAIN ONES ?

Its open to anyone who desires to share appropriate scripture verses catholic teachings. Please read.

Please share the appropriate scripture that correlates to the particular teaching you would like to discuss.

This is not a thread for you to derail by questioning authority about why they deleted a post.

It’s unlikely given your comment that you are interested in sharing anything pertinent to this thread.

there is not much about the catholic Church that i care for.

Jerry if there is not much about the Catholic Church you care for, then why are you in this thread? To start trouble, not doubt.

Either post something that pertains to this thread‘s subject matter with scripture or just watch and be quiet.

LAST WARNING.

JLB

no i wanted to read what was to so bad it had be deleted..i cant comment on something i can't see.. for example Christ said upon this rock i will build my church .some claim this rock was peter the first pope .which he was not

I agree, Jerry.

Please share why you believe this from the scriptures.

no ty my first post was deleted and i was told mind my own business. far to much censorship .personally i am not a fan of the catholic church . in many ways in outward actions they put other denoms to shame.

Then why are you still posting here, several posts after the deletion, if you have no intention to add to the discussion with scripture?

Even after you were warned.

JLB

no i wanted to read what was to so bad it had be deleted..i cant comment on something i can't see.. for example Christ said upon this rock i will build my church .some claim this rock was peter the first pope .which he was not

for_his_glory deleted the post because it violated the TOS.

Please just share what you want about the teachings of Catholicism with scripture, or please just watch.

JLB

Then why are you still posting here, several posts after the deletion, if you have no intention to add to the discussion with scripture?

Even after you were warned.

JLB
it was you who replied to a old post asking me to reply back..

And what will you do if and when it can be proven that the doctrine of the Catholic Church is the doctrine of Christ? Will you reject it because it is the doctrine of the Catholic Church, or will you accept it because it is the doctrine of Christ?

2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
2 Peter 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

First, there is no private interpretation of the word of God as it is given to all who have Spiritual ears to hear what the Holy Spirit is teaching us, either directly or working through others to help us learn. This is why it is so important to Spiritually discern truth from error, 1 John 4:1-6. The scriptures are not hard to understand, but only to those who are unlearned can not understand them as they allow man and his doctrine of interpretations to teach them. There is one Lord, one faith and one Baptism. Not many Lords, many faiths and many types of baptisms.

It's not about 5800 different religions, whether denominational or non-denomination, as God does not even recognize organized religions to begin with. It's about having a personal relationship with Christ through the regeneration of the Spiritual rebirth from above and having the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, John 3:5-7, that makes up the body of Christ with Him being the head of the body. It's our fellowship, not the flavor of religions that draws us closer to God through Christ Jesus who makes intercession for us before God. There is only one doctrine and that is the doctrine of Christ for what he has already taught and God has inspired His Prophets and Apostles to write in letters to the Christian church that was first established on the day of Pentecost, Acts Chapter 2. Truth has nothing to do with Catholic or Protestant, but only what God has given Jesus to teach all as we learn through the Holy Spirit and not man.

Jerry, when we delete post it's because they are in violation of the ToS and are sent a reason why their post was deleted. We need to keep unity within the discussions and also give scripture for what we are discussing. If anyone has a grievance they can take that to the Talk With the Staff forum so we can discuss it there in private.

Most catholic teachings come from the catechism and most catholics don't know if there's any scripture in it or not.

Reactions: JLB
First, there is no private interpretation of the word of God as it is given to all who have Spiritual ears to hear what the Holy Spirit is teaching us, either directly or working through others to help us learn.
I stopped reading after this. What nonsense to say "there is no private interpretation"!

Last edited by a moderator:
the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:18, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13).”

This is catholic teaching
Interpret it however you like.

the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:18, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13).”

This is catholic teaching
Interpret it however you like.
no that is Bible

More catholic teaching;

The core Christian belief is that, through the death and resurrection of Jesus, sinful humans (which are all humans (Romans 3:23)) can be reconciled to God and thereby are offered salvation and the promise of eternal life in heaven. Catholics believe in the resurrection of Jesus.

Tell me, is any of it wrong?

Back