Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Discussing the teachings of Catholicism vs Scripture

Scripture never mentions using "which church came first" as the basis for determining which is the "true" church. What it does teach is that one is to use Scripture as the determining factor as to which church is preaching the truth.......
Where does it teach that?

...and thus is true to the first church. It is especially important to compare Scripture with a church's teaching on such core issues as the full deity and humanity of Christ, the atonement for sin through His blood on Calvary, salvation from sin by grace through faith, and the infallibility of the Scriptures. The “first church” and “one true church” is recorded in the New Testament, Acts chapter 2; 11:19-30. That is the church that all churches are to follow, emulate, and model themselves after.
Where does scripture teach that?

Going to church makes you no more a Christian as standing in the garage makes you a car.

There are many Spiritually born again Catholics that still attend Mass as they like the structure of it, but do not believe in all the practices of the Roman Catholic church

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

This verse does not say in the beginning was the Roman Catholic Church or the Protestant Church as God does not recognize any organized religion, but only recognizes those who have Christ in them.

John 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

If you or anyone else wants to know what the catechism teaches go to:

maryourhelp.org / 95 catechism questions & answers

If you are going to be polite to those posting here then please stop referring to the Catholic Church as the Roman Catholic Church. The latter was a pejorative term invented by Protestants at the Reformation.
The full name is the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, normally abbreviated to Catholic Church.

The Papacy of the Roman Catholic Church has desecrated the ten commandments of God by changing the Sabbath to the first day of the week in support of Luciferians sun worship.

Untrue

The Pope claims to have inherited the title Pontifex Maximus (Pontiff) directly from Babylon.

Untrue

Another title is Vicarius Filii Dei meaning in the place of God as he calls himself the Holy Father and the only one who can forgive sin, Matthew 23:9.

Untrue

Rome’s catechism leaves out Gods second commandment as they worship many idols making various gods unto themselves as they bow down and worship them.

Untrue

The Priesthood, catechism, the seven sacraments, praying to Mary, the stages of the cross, idol worshiping and the list goes on are all atrocities to God as the Roman Catholic Church takes on the form of Godliness, but denying the power thereof and turn away from God having corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith, 2 Timothy 3:1-9. The Papacy leads many into captivity whose names are not found in the Lamb’s book of life as they have no truth or understanding of Gods word. The success of the Roman Empire over the last two thousand years will be its demise in the end of days when God destroys their power as He sends it to the lake of fire forever as God establishes His Kingdom here on earth.

Untrue

And yet you claim "We are showing patience and grace to all who are posting"

So tell me, in this mess of a thread what Catholic doctrine is supposedly being discussed?

I don't know as you nor Tradidi have given us any Catholic doctrine.

Can you share the doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church that is found in scripture?

Can you explain what the Catholic "Rule of Faith" being the official and authoritative teaching of the Roman Catholic Church?

Please discuss this with scripture as per the request in the OP.

Catholicism vs Scripture sounds a lot like a drudge match wrestling against each other. Maybe you can clear this up for us.

Where does it teach that?

Where does scripture teach that?

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1 John 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

If you are going to be polite to those posting here then please stop referring to the Catholic Church as the Roman Catholic Church. The latter was a pejorative term invented by Protestants at the Reformation.
The full name is the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, normally abbreviated to Catholic Church.

The first known occurrence of "Roman Catholic" as a synonym for Catholic Church was in communication with the Armenian Apostolic Church in 1208 after the East-West Schism. However, the last official magisterium document to use "Roman Catholic Church" was issued by Pope Pius XII in 1950. Whether it's called Roman Catholic or just Catholic they are the same thing. Basically the only difference, especially here in America today, the Mass is no longer done in Latin like it was when my mother attended Mass in the 30's and 40's. Now the Catholic Church has many names attached to it, but many remain with the name Roman Catholic Church.

Untrue

Untrue

Untrue

Untrue

Untrue

And yet you claim "We are showing patience and grace to all who are posting"

You can say this is all untrue, but yet the facts are out there if you search the history of the Romans from where the Roman Catholic Church was established from the time of the Babylonian Empire up to the Roman Empire.

Reactions: JLB
The first known occurrence of "Roman Catholic" as a synonym for Catholic Church was in communication with the Armenian Apostolic Church in 1208 after the East-West Schism. However, the last official magisterium document to use "Roman Catholic Church" was issued by Pope Pius XII in 1950. Whether it's called Roman Catholic or just Catholic they are the same thing. Basically the only difference, especially here in America today, the Mass is no longer done in Latin like it was when my mother attended Mass in the 30's and 40's. Now the Catholic Church has many names attached to it, but many remain with the name Roman Catholic Church.

All claimed without any evidence provided.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1 John 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

How do any of those quotes prove your claim "What it [Scripture] does teach is that one is to use Scripture as the determining factor as to which church is preaching the truth......."

How do any of those quotes prove your claim that "The “first church” and “one true church” is recorded in the New Testament, Acts chapter 2; 11:19-30. That is the church that all churches are to follow, emulate, and model themselves after. "

I don't know as you nor Tradidi have given us any Catholic doctrine.

Can you share the doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church that is found in scripture?

Can you explain what the Catholic "Rule of Faith" being the official and authoritative teaching of the Roman Catholic Church?

Please discuss this with scripture as per the request in the OP.

Catholicism vs Scripture sounds a lot like a drudge match wrestling against each other. Maybe you can clear this up for us.

I don't know much about this Roman Catholic Church that you speak of.

You can say this is all untrue, but yet the facts are out there if you search the history of the Romans from where the Roman Catholic Church was established from the time of the Babylonian Empire up to the Roman Empire.

They are all untrue. You provide no evidence that they are true.

Are you a Seventh Day Adventist?
I ask because they invented this false title of Vicarius Filii Dei so that it adds up to 666. One of them even went as far as to fake a photo of a papal tiara with it on.
They also make this false allegation that the Catholic Church changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday.

Just wondering.

That thread had descended into Catholic bashing, led incidentally by JLB, but assisted by others.

Actually I was exposing what most Christians know to be true.

The teachings of Catholicism are unbiblical.

Very simple.

If you take that as “Catholic Bashing” then that’s on you.

JLB

nor do they understand Catholic doctrines properly, so you get comments like:
The Catholic Church forbids priests to marry - untrue and priestly celibacy is not a doctrine.

So an ordained Catholic priest can become married?

JLB

Last edited:
How do any of those quotes prove your claim "What it [Scripture] does teach is that one is to use Scripture as the determining factor as to which church is preaching the truth......."

How do any of those quotes prove your claim that "The “first church” and “one true church” is recorded in the New Testament, Acts chapter 2; 11:19-30. That is the church that all churches are to follow, emulate, and model themselves after. "

First we have to look at the first and true Church we are to follow, emulate, and model ourselves after. It has nothing to do with a four walled fancy dressed building like we see today with all the different denominations and non-denominations as the building nor the title it wears does not make a true Church of Christ.

The true Church of Christ being the head of His church is the collective body of believers by faith in Christ that are Spiritually born again and regenerated by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit as on the day of Pentecost. John 3:5-7; Acts chapter 2; Colossians 3:1-4.

Acts Chapter 2 is the first true church that Christ established through His Disciples in Jerusalem as He being the chief cornerstone built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone
in whom all the building fitly framed together grows unto an holy temple in the Lord in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit, Ephesians 2:11-22. The chief cornerstone being Christ Jesus and the foundation being His prophets and disciples are who we are to follow, emulate and model ourselves after.

I don't know much about this Roman Catholic Church that you speak of.

Even in England where you are from has Roman Catholic Church's. It's hard to believe you never heard of them. There are two in London being the St James Roman Catholic Church and the Roman Catholic Church of the English Martyrs. They are no different than any Catholic Church in what I already explained in post #71.

Reactions: JLB

Decreed by the Pope no less.

It sounds like someone is not being honest.

JLB

They are all untrue. You provide no evidence that they are true.

Are you a Seventh Day Adventist?
I ask because they invented this false title of Vicarius Filii Dei so that it adds up to 666. One of them even went as far as to fake a photo of a papal tiara with it on.
They also make this false allegation that the Catholic Church changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday.

Just wondering.

No, I am not a Mormon. I'm not even a Protestant. I'm just a blood bought child of the most High God of all creation. I belong to no organized religions. You can believe what I gave as being untrue until you take the time to search it for yourself. Where is your evidence that they invented this false title of Vicarius Filii Dei so that it adds up to 666.

Beginning with Daniel Chapter 2 Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, right up through today, imperial kings, pharaohs and Roman Caesars were priest/god/kings that held the official office and title of Pontifex Maximus who commands worship from their subjects. This is why the Pope calls himself Holy Father and only he can forgive sins.

JLB There are so many documented things including pics I could expose about the Roman Catholic Church/Catholic Church and the Vatican. Some found hidden away in the Vatican library that only a few select are allowed to enter. Actually it has to do more with the Jesuit Order not being a religious order, but in its own right a self governed military order as was the old Babylonian Roman Empire.

This is why the doctrines of the Catholic Church can not be found in scripture as even Tradidi and Mungo seem to refuse to share any Catholic doctrine after we have asked a few times for them to produce.

My ex-nephew from my first marriage was Catholic and when he finished catechism classes back in mid 1970's and was confirmed into the Catholic church as a member I bought him a KJV Bible, but he was not allowed to accept it for they were forbidden to read one. What does that say about the doctrines of the Catholic church vs scriptures.

Back