Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Divisions

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
DiscipleDave, are you going to address this question or are you attempting to avoid it?
I can answer that question and the answer makes sense. But let us see if the "Disciple" who hears from God directly can answer first as to WHY the tree was planted. After all, if he hears from God, he can ask God and we can do the biblical standard and judge whether it seems like it was from God or Dave. If he refuses to answer because he does not want to be evaluated even though the Bible commands that we do so, we know something. If he answers and we see the answer does not match the wisdom that Jesus and Solomon demonstrated in their answers, we also know something. If he answers and that answer DOES seem to demonstrate the wisdom of God, we know something else.

But I think he seems to think he answered it so it might be that he just, again, fills the pages with words like chaff and then scoots away quickly. Probably because he does not know the answer and chaff is required to cover that up. Essentially, he refuses to answer the question asked. Let us see if he will change that without the chaff.

Last edited:
I just want to point out that the refuge into "only the original versions were inspired" sounds like a way out of the version challenge, but the fallout is that the Word of God is then LOST to mankind. God was able to inspire men to write his scriptures but was totally unable to preserve those texts and they are now lost to us. It is again solving a theological challenge by casting aspersions on the character or ability of God.

What is the answer? The answer is to see the scriptures as inspired of God and useful for teaching, correcting and training in righteousness. Instead of fussing over if it is inspired or not, try living the bits you do understand as inspired in your choices in regards to people. Try using it for training in doing the will of God in decisions.

So I think the best position is that the Bible is the inspired word of God useful for teaching, correction, and training in righteousness. This honors God and gives the Bible the power it ought to have in the lives of those who want to follow Jesus.
If it gets quiet maybe I can talk about where the writing of God moves to. The words of the OT move into the new heart of flesh.

The spoken and written words of God do become reality.

The reality of Jesus becomes a directing spirit inside us. Deciding to listen to the Spirit the second Adam became is important.

All is not lost. It moved inside the hearts and minds.

eddif

If it gets quiet maybe I can talk about where the writing of God moves to. The words of the OT move into the new heart of flesh.

The spoken and written words of God do become reality.

The reality of Jesus becomes a directing spirit inside us. Deciding to listen to the Spirit the second Adam became is important.

All is not lost. It moved inside the hearts and minds.

eddif
All true if, and it’s a vital if, if a man actually DOES what Jesus teaches, like the wise man who heard the words and did them as opposed to the fool who heard them, memorized them, preached them, but never did them.

All true if, and it’s a vital if, if a man actually DOES what Jesus teaches, like the wise man who heard the words and did them as opposed to the fool who heard them, memorized them, preached them, but never did them.
Seems. A little quieter

If our inner man is at peace the outer condition is less relevant.

Two covenants. I will describe both (the way I see them. You are allowed to disagree.

In this post I will let this scripture describe covenant 1. To keep confusion down there is little use to add covenant 2 till after we agree on covenant 1.

Adam and Eve had a conditional covenant they broke.

Here is the first covenant of the two women.
Look it up as described in the NT. This covenant they broke.

2 Chronicles 7:14 kjv
14. If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
15. Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.
16. For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.
17. And as for thee, if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, and do according to all that I have commanded thee, and shalt observe my statutes and my judgments;
18. Then will I stablish the throne of thy kingdom, according as I have covenanted with David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man to be ruler in Israel.
19. But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;
20. then I will uproot them from My land which I have given them; and this house which I have sanctified for My name I will cast out of My sight, and will make it a proverb and a byword among all peoples.

I am so trying to go slow .

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Seems. A little quieter

If our inner man is at peace the outer condition is less relevant.
That is exactly what Hindu yoga experts say as well. Does not matter how we behaved towards others, abused or. used them. Just have the inner man at peace.
Two covenants. I will describe both (the way I see them. You are allowed to disagree.

In this post I will let this scripture describe covenant 1. To keep confusion down there is little use to add covenant 2 till after we agree on covenant 1.

Adam and Eve had a conditional covenant they broke.
Where is that described?
Here is the first covenant of the two women.
Look it up as described in the NT. This covenant they broke.
What two women?
2 Chronicles 7:14 kjv
14. If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
15. Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.
16. For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.
17. And as for thee, if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, and do according to all that I have commanded thee, and shalt observe my statutes and my judgments;
18. Then will I stablish the throne of thy kingdom, according as I have covenanted with David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man to be ruler in Israel.
19. But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;
20. then I will uproot them from My land which I have given them; and this house which I have sanctified for My name I will cast out of My sight, and will make it a proverb and a byword among all peoples.
That was with Israel, a nation, not one or two women.
I am so trying to go slow .
Go faster if you want but you need to have something that is true in the scriptures.
Mississippi redneck
eddif

That is exactly what Hindu yoga experts say as well. Does not matter how we behaved towards others, abused or. used them. Just have the inner man at peace.
LOL

Indian mystics think the inner man is part of human birth? And through their efforts the inner man is developed,

eddif is talking about opening the door and inviting Jesus into your life. Jesus works in us to will and do of his good pleasure.

To me there is a world of difference. How do you come up with what others believe?

I really want you to look for the two women. Now that is based on search engines. Your internet options may be different. If you can not search as easily as eddif just let me know.

My search engine used to be a Strongs concordance. If I could remember one word in a scripture, I looked up to see how many times that word was used. Finding a scripture could take a very long time. I literally wore out 2 Strongs concordances. Binding shedding pages.

eddif

LOL

Indian mystics think the inner man is part of human birth? And through their efforts the inner man is developed,
And? The hindu practice of Yoga is to have inner peace.
eddif is talking about opening the door and inviting Jesus into your life. Jesus works in us to will and do of his good pleasure.
Where is that in scripture?
To me there is a world of difference. How do you come up with what others believe?
They tell us.
I really want you to look for the two women. Now that is based on search engines. Your internet options may be different. If you can not search as easily as eddif just let me know.
Where is there a covenant between God and two women? I know the Bible thoroughly and it’s not there. Don’t need a search engine.
My search engine used to be a Strongs concordance. If I could remember one word in a scripture, I looked up to see how many times that word was used. Finding a scripture could take a very long time. I literally wore out 2 Strongs concordances. Binding shedding pages.

eddif
Ok, but I’m still waiting for that covenant between God and just two women

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 2Tim.4:3

I think Pauls' words are true concerning the days we're living in. I think they apply not only to the world, but to the church. When Paul said,

Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 1Cor.1:10,

I think his purpose was to combat heresy. It's sad how even on Christian websites, there is so much division. By this fact alone, heresy has to be rampant among us.

Any comments welcome.

It's in the nature of being human that we negotiate among ourselves toward the Truth. God has made us capable of reasoning, of employing His laws governing logic in understanding what is true and false, of making deductions and extrapolations (inferences), and careful distinctions, and so on. But we are in a world corrupted by selfishness (aka sin), which always darkens and twists human understanding; we have an Enemy, the devil, who works to deceive, and confuse, and obscure the Truth; and we do not all operate at the same level of sophistication of thought and depth of knowledge. This means that when we come to together to discuss Truth, debate occurs. Because we are all fallen creatures, selfishness inevitably intrudes on these debates, sidetracking the pursuit of Truth into all sorts of useless rabbit trails concerned with defending pride, or making room for sin, or pushing notions derived from our personal preferences rather than from objective fact. In light of these things, it's astonishing that humans are able to agree on anything as true!

There is a difference, though, between divisiveness, that is, merely desiring to create contention and strife among people, and thoughtful, open-minded debate. Too often, these two things - division and debate - are lumped together. Doing so makes the debate necessary to discovering the Truth an evil thing, which in turn stifles the pursuit and discovery of Truth. Of all people, however, the pursuit of Truth ought to be of paramount concern for Christians. Using all the means God has provided (Reason, Logic, observation, testing, debate, etc.), they should be constantly discussing and negotiating their way to a deeper and deeper understanding of Reality and Truth, both of which teach the Christian about their Source: God, the Creator. And as Christian's do so, submitting themselves in their debates to the control of the Holy Spirit, they come more and more to a unified consensus about Truth (and God).

The alternative is to forbid all constructive negotiation toward the Truth, calling it mere fleshly divisiveness. Here's the thing though: On what basis is such a thing done? How does one person look over at two others negotiating toward the Truth and say, "You're just divisive and argumentative. It's wrong. Stop it"? Doesn't such a statement assert Truth? Yes, it does. Why should the two who are debating over what's true, accede to the declaration of the third, critical person? Is the third person correct? How can this be ascertained without discussion and perhaps even debate? But how can such debate occur if such debate is an immoral, fleshly business?

What's to be done when this sort of situation occurs? How can the Truth of the matter be got at when debate is forbidden as mere strife and contention? In the secular world, such a circumstance resolves down to "might makes right." For an ugly, but all-too-common example, simply consider the cancel-culture of Wokeism. No discussion, no debate; just sheer volume, vitriol, rage and the mob. If the radical, woke Left decides you've stepped afoul of its constantly-radicalizing ideology, there is no discussion, no debate, just rabid finger-pointing and vicious invective, silencing and canceling the one who has dared to disagree. Is this fanatic "How dare you?" mobbing and canceling of alternate views preferable to debate? Can it lead to a greater understanding of what is true? It never has.

Where does the silencing of disagreement and debate lead? To a screaming crowd of women marching down a street, their breasts and bottoms bare, as they protest rape; to doctors and scientists afraid to say that a man is a man and a woman is a woman and that they are fundamentally and unchangeably distinct from one another; to sexual perverts grooming children in public library book-reading sessions; to the mutilation of confused children caught up in the gender insanity of the Woke Left; to mathematics and exams being expressions of white, male oppression, and so on. The debate that heads-off this very sort of departure from Truth into delusion the Woke Left wants to eradicate under total conformity to its insanity. I'd rather have the former than the latter any day.

In communist countries, the dissident is imprisoned, exiled and or killed. There is only the monolithic "Truth" of the State, maintained by constant surveillance of, and severe penalties upon, any who challenge that "Truth." All debate is silenced, all disagreement suppressed; Truth is what the State says it is. Does this seem preferable to people coming together, freely, unconstrained in their views, to hash-out in debate - sometimes even heated debate - what is and isn't true? I certainly think so - especially in light of the tens of millions of people killed by the tyrannical State in the last 100 years or so.

The "Can't we all just get along?" philosophy is, then, not virtuous but infantile and dangerous. The "Just be nice" approach, when it denies all discussion and disagreement, leads to oppression, and delusion, and terrible evil. Instead, the Christian believer ought always, like the "noble Bereans," to "test whether these things be so," by discussion, examination and testing, sifting out truth from falsehood. They ought, of course, to do so with grace, patience, humility, and careful reasoning, trusting that Truth is knowable just as God, the Source of all Truth, is knowable.

Dorothy Mae
Revelation 3:20
Philippians 2:13

Combined

There are a lot of scriptures that support the concept.

Seek and you will find.
Ask and it will be opened

eddif

LOL

eddif
There is no scripture where people are told to “ask Jesus into their hearts” to be saved. It isn’t there.

There is no scripture where people are told to “ask Jesus into their hearts” to be saved. It isn’t there.
Let me think.

If anyone knocks at my door and I hear them speak. I open the door and say come in.

Am I adding to scripture?
The guest an you are going to eat a meal together. In silence?

eddif

Let me think.

If anyone knocks at my door and I hear them speak. I open the door and say come in.

Am I adding to scripture?
The guest an you are going to eat a meal together. In silence?

eddif
That’s written to christians, you know right? It’s not written to unbelievers but the church. My request was scripture to be saved. That isn’t it.

That’s written to christians, you know right? It’s not written to unbelievers but the church. My request was scripture to be saved. That isn’t it.
Revelation 3:20 kjv
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Any man.
male, female, bond, free, Jew, Greek

eddif

Revelation 3:20 kjv
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Any man.
male, female, bond, free, Jew, Greek

eddif
The verse was written to the church. You can yank it out if context but it wasn’t promised unbelievers. It was written to the church. So any make, female, Jew, Greek, in the church were encouraged by Jesus to open the door (no heart mentioned) with the following requirement and promise: “To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.” Salvation is not offered to the one who opens the door because they are already in the church. The verse before again specifies the people spoken to: “Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.” Again, told to those in the church.

But I don’t blame you. The church has misused this promise in its easy cheap salvation message for years. You are in the majority.

The verse was written to the church. You can yank it out if context but it wasn’t promised unbelievers. It was written to the church. So any make, female, Jew, Greek, in the church were encouraged by Jesus to open the door (no heart mentioned) with the following requirement and promise: “To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.” Salvation is not offered to the one who opens the door because they are already in the church. The verse before again specifies the people spoken to: “Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.” Again, told to those in the church.

But I don’t blame you. The church has misused this promise in its easy cheap salvation message for years. You are in the majority.
Reading the letters to the churches.
It reads to me there are some people in those churches that have serious sin issues. Those people are called to repentance and a change of lifestyle., or removal from the churches. I have not ignored the sin and granted forgiveness to sin.

Other church members are in better standing.
Today the same guidance stands.

eddif

Reading the letters to the churches.
It reads to me there are some people in those churches that have serious sin issues. Those people are called to repentance and a change of lifestyle., or removal from the churches. I have not ignored the sin and granted forgiveness to sin.

Other church members are in better standing.
Today the same guidance stands.

eddif
Yes I agree. Jesus was calling them to change. This begs the question what was different about that time or place that He doesn’t do this today.

Back