Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Divisions

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
DiscipleDave said:
So you are saying that the Word of God is NOT perfect, NOT inspired, NOT from God? And the ESV Bible created in 2001, created by the last days generation is MORE perfect, and comes from God? Really?

No, I haven't said any of that. I'm not sure how you came to such conclusions.

Really, the very next comment you say, reveals my conclusion about what you believe:

The KJV, while the words of God like most other translations, is not inspired nor perfect, only the original autographs were.

This statement, i can now repeat what i said:

DiscipleDave said:
So you are saying that the Word of God is NOT perfect, NOT inspired, NOT from God? And the ESV Bible created in 2001, created by the last days generation is MORE perfect, and comes from God? Really?

You say:
I'm not sure how you came to such conclusions.

i plainly came up with that conclusion because of what you said:

The KJV, while the words of God like most other translations, is not inspired nor perfect,

The KJV is a translation of earlier and poorer manuscript evidence, just as newer translations are based on better and more numerous manuscript evidence.

Here is the Truth. God caused the KJV Bible to come into existence. Humans causes all other translations to come into existence, because they took thought, the KJV wasn't good enough.

Of course, the fact that there are several editions of the KJV alone proves the point that it is not perfect nor inspired.

How so? Coming into existence there was some turbulence, because satan did not want it to be a reality. But since God did want it to come into existence. We have had the KJV, unaltered for hundreds of years now. Leave it to the last days generation (starting in 1970) to say God didn't translate it right, and therefore we humans need to improve it by coming up with our own translations, that is more better, more accurate. (and a direct result of more confusion)

You must necessarily believe that the deuterocanonicals are also perfect, inspired, and from God. So, do you?

Can't say. i have no clue what deuterocanonicals even means. All i know, is what God told me. i do not lean unto my own understanding, i merely believe what God has told me, Those things are what i teach.

Dave said "Believe as you will, but i have told you the Truth."

You have told me what you believe is the truth, but which

i have not told you what i believe, i have been very clear, that i say and teach what God told me. i do not teach what i believe, but teach those things God told me in conversations.

Which Truth? The KJV Bible is the Word of God. All other versions comes from humans and their own understanding.

Then you would have read the following:

"But it is high time to leave them, and to show in brief what we proposed to ourselves, and what course we held in this our perusal and survey of the Bible. Truly (good Christian Reader) we never thought from the beginning, that we should need to make a new Translation, nor yet to make of a bad one a good one . . . but to make a good one better, or out of many good ones, one principal good one, not justly to be excepted against; that hath been our endeavor, that our mark."

"neither did we disdain to revise that which we had done, and to bring back to the anvil that which we had hammered: but having and using as great helps as were needful"

"it hath pleased God in his divine providence, here and there to scatter words and sentences of that difficulty and doubtfulness, not in doctrinal points that concern salvation, (for in such it hath been vouched that the Scriptures are plain) but in matters of less moment, that fearfulness would better beseem us than confidence, and if we will resolve, to resolve upon modesty with S. Augustine, (though not in this same case altogether, yet upon the same ground) Melius est dubitare de occultis, quam litigare de incertis, it is better to make doubt of those things which are secret, than to strive about those things that are uncertain."

"They that are wise, had rather have their judgments at liberty in differences of readings, than to be captivated to one, when it may be the other."

You do error, in trying to convince me what you believe is the Truth. Nor have i been trying to convince you of the Truths in which i teach, which i claim are from God, and that is TRUTH.
i can do nothing aside from believing what God told me, and those things are what i teach. So your trying to convince me that i am not right, is trying to tell me that God is wrong who told me the things that i teach.
i KNOW to whom i have had conversations with. YOU do not know. Therefore it would seem to me the most prudent thing for you to do, is to try to prove that what i teach, is contrary to any verse in Scriptures. i have made over a 100 videos, by all means try to find one thing i teach in any of them, that is contrary to even one verse in Scriptures. Should be an easy thing to do, if indeed i am having conversations with demons, right? Should be all kinds of false doctrines that i am teaching correct, if they are from demons, that is. But if you can't find one thing that i have said anywhere that is contrary to Scriptures, then would it not behoove you to believe that it was indeed God who has had conversations with me?

Nothing about making a perfect or inspired translation. What is interesting is that they set out to "make a good [translation] better, or out of many good ones, one principal good one." This is exactly why we have newer versions, such as the ESV.

There is NOTHING wrong with the KJV Bible, it is the Word of God and has always been called the Word of God for hundreds of years. ALWAYS called the Word of God, and still is to this very day, and still will be until Jesus Returns to the Earth. There was absolutely NO REASON whatsoever to make a good translation Better. Merely even saying that about the WORD OF GOD, is to say, that it lacked in some way, in order to THINK it needed to be better. HUMANS thought it needed to be better.
Do you really think the ESV will be the last version? lol. No, Because humans will find that the ESV even though is a good translation needs to be better. There is only ONE TRUTH, not many truths.

Really, the very next comment you say, reveals my conclusion about what you believe:

This statement, i can now repeat what i said:

You say:

i plainly came up with that conclusion because of what you said:

You have misunderstood. The "Word of God" as it is commonly used (and somewhat erroneously as technically only Jesus the Word of God), is only the original autographs, not the KJV. This is because you're fallaciously begging the question that only the KJV is the Word of God.

So, I'll repeat: No, I haven't said any of that. I'm not sure how you came to such conclusions.

Here is the Truth. God caused the KJV Bible to come into existence. Humans causes all other translations to come into existence, because they took thought, the KJV wasn't good enough.
The KJV came into existence the same as all other versions have come into existence--by humans, who may or may not have been encouraged by God to do so.

How so? Coming into existence there was some turbulence, because satan did not want it to be a reality. But since God did want it to come into existence. We have had the KJV, unaltered for hundreds of years now. Leave it to the last days generation (starting in 1970) to say God didn't translate it right, and therefore we humans need to improve it by coming up with our own translations, that is more better, more accurate. (and a direct result of more confusion)
No. As I pointed out, there have been several editions of the KJV, each with changes. And, the Apocrypha was removed sometime in the 1800s.

"Several versions of the King James Bible (KJV) were produced in 1611,1629, 1638, 1762, and 1769. The 1769 edition is most commonly cited as the King James Version (KJV)."

https://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/

Then, there are errors:

"Fifth, the KJV includes one very definite error in translation, which even KJV advocates would admit. In Matthew 23:24 the KJV has ‘strain at a gnat and swallow a camel.’ But the Greek has ‘strain out a gnat and swallow a camel.’ In the least, this illustrates not only that no translation is infallible but also that scribal corruptions can and do take place-even in a volume which has been worked over by so many different hands (for the KJV was the product of a very large committee of over 50 scholars)."

https://bible.org/article/why-i-do-not-think-king-james-bible-best-translation-available-today

I strongly recommend reading the entire article.

Can't say. i have no clue what deuterocanonicals even means.
The Apocrypha. The original 1611 version had the Apocrypha, newer versions do not. It logically follows then, that anything but the 1611 could be said to be inspired. But, in reality, no version of the KJV was inspired, only the original autographs were.

All i know, is what God told me. i do not lean unto my own understanding, i merely believe what God has told me, Those things are what i teach.
God isn't telling you a number of these things, because God doesn't teach error or use fallacious reasoning.

You should care about what they think because they said from the outset things that contradict things you have said.

Sigh .. .. Anyone who says or teaches something that is contrary to what i teach, are not of God, Because as i have plainly said and testify in the name of Jesus Christ, is that i teach those things God has told me, if then someone is teaching something that is contrary to what i teach, which i say is from God, they are teaching things contrary to God, if then they are doing that, they are not being taught by the Spirit of God, but they are teaching themselves, doing nothing but leaning unto their own understanding, something we are plainly Told to not do.

i have not told you what i believe, i have been very clear, that i say and teach what God told me. i do not teach what i believe, but teach those things God told me in conversations.
But that is my point: you believe God is telling you things, but what you think he is telling you is simply what you believe.

Which Truth? The KJV Bible is the Word of God. All other versions comes from humans and their own understanding.
Both. Again, technically, if we want to use biblical terms, only Jesus is the Word of God. If, however, we want to refer to the Bible as the Word of God (somewhat erroneously), then all versions are the Word of God and all are human translations, aided by the Holy Spirit, of course. But none are inspired.

You do error, in trying to convince me what you believe is the Truth. Nor have i been trying to convince you of the Truths in which i teach, which i claim are from God, and that is TRUTH.
i can do nothing aside from believing what God told me, and those things are what i teach. So your trying to convince me that i am not right, is trying to tell me that God is wrong who told me the things that i teach.
i KNOW to whom i have had conversations with. YOU do not know. Therefore it would seem to me the most prudent thing for you to do, is to try to prove that what i teach, is contrary to any verse in Scriptures. i have made over a 100 videos, by all means try to find one thing i teach in any of them, that is contrary to even one verse in Scriptures. Should be an easy thing to do, if indeed i am having conversations with demons, right? Should be all kinds of false doctrines that i am teaching correct, if they are from demons, that is. But if you can't find one thing that i have said anywhere that is contrary to Scriptures, then would it not behoove you to believe that it was indeed God who has had conversations with me?
You're teaching errors here, so why should I go watch your videos to find more? At best, God has shown you some things and you have mixed in your own ideas, as is the case with most believers. At worst, you could be having conversations with demons, but I am not saying that your are.

There is NOTHING wrong with the KJV Bible, it is the Word of God and has always been called the Word of God for hundreds of years. ALWAYS called the Word of God, and still is to this very day, and still will be until Jesus Returns to the Earth. There was absolutely NO REASON whatsoever to make a good translation Better. Merely even saying that about the WORD OF GOD, is to say, that it lacked in some way, in order to THINK it needed to be better.
There are issues with the KJV. It is irrelevant that it has been called the Word of God for hundreds of years. It is a good translation but is based on inferior manuscript evidence that contained many copyist errors. Hence why there is more than one edition.

HUMANS thought it needed to be better.
How do you know that God didn't tell other humans that it needed to be better, needed to be corrected? Or do you think you are the only Christian in history that God speaks to?

Do you really think the ESV will be the last version? lol. No, Because humans will find that the ESV even though is a good translation needs to be better.
You don't seem at all to be following what I am saying. Never have I made an argument that the ESV would be or should be the last version. If more manuscript evidence is found that would, in some way, be considered to have superior renderings of passages, then it would be prudent to have another version, or update current versions, with the newer, better evidence.

There is only ONE TRUTH, not many truths.
This is begging the question. The one truth is found in almost all Bible translations, some of which are better than others.

Sigh .. .. Anyone who says or teaches something that is contrary to what i teach, are not of God, Because as i have plainly said and testify in the name of Jesus Christ, is that i teach those things God has told me, if then someone is teaching something that is contrary to what i teach, which i say is from God, they are teaching things contrary to God, if then they are doing that, they are not being taught by the Spirit of God, but they are teaching themselves, doing nothing but leaning unto their own understanding, something we are plainly Told to not do.
This is the height of spiritual pride. You are in a far more dangerous position than you realize.

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

When God is the one sending you the strong delusion, it is easy to believe a lie. And yet through faith you declare it to to be it truth. Do you believe Trump won the 2020 election as well, and declare that it was stolen from him as truth?

DiscipleDave said:

But that is my point: you believe God is telling you things, but what you think he is telling you is simply what you believe.

Not True. If God tells you a thing, that Thing is TRUTH. Now i can see where your coming from though, when people THINK they are hearing from God, and therefore believe it is from God, because that is what think.

i made a video called "Lady In Distress" God in audible voice, led me to a girl on a bridge, that was going to kill herself, because her boyfriend just let all his friends rape her.
So when i was driving home after work one night, and God spoke "DAVID" i jumped in my seat, thinking someone was in the back seat of my car. When i seen nobody there, i knew it was the Lord, calling upon me again. i said "Yes Lord"
and then He said "Next road you see turn left" Do you think i believed i was hearing from God or did i KNOW it was God yet again. Did i THINK that God wanted me to turn left at the next road, or did i KNOW God wanted me to turn left at the next road?
The problem is, you don't believe i have had actual conversations with God and He with me, audible conversations, like He did with Adam, like He did with Noah, like He did with Moses, like He did with all of His chosen prophets, like He did throughout all of the Bible.

Anyways here is the video of the details about How God, not me, changed her life forever:

Both. Again, technically, if we want to use biblical terms, only Jesus is the Word of God.

What Jesus says, is the Word of God. The whole old Testament is about "The Lord thy God" The Words of Jesus. Who wrote the 10 Commandments, Jesus did. Who walked in the Garden with Adam and Eve, Jesus did. Who gave the Israel the Laws, Ordinances, and Statutes? Jesus did. All Word of God.

Do you not believe the Scriptures?:

1Co_14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

Everything brother Paul wrote, are commandments of the Lord Jesus Christ. Everything all the Apostles wrote are commandments of the Lord Jesus as well. So then all of the Old Testament are the Words of the Lord. All the New Testament are Words of the Lord. Both the Old Testament and New Testament are indeed the Words of God/Jesus, Therefore the Word of God.

If, however, we want to refer to the Bible as the Word of God (somewhat erroneously)

Explain somewhat erroneously?

, then all versions are the Word of God and all are human translations, aided by the Holy Spirit, of course. But none are inspired

i am finding myself repeating the same thing over and over again to you. The KJV is the Word of God, and it indeed was inspired by God to come into existence so that all could have access to His Words. The other versions that started in 1970 were inspired by humans, NOT by God. Because they took thought the KJV was outdated.

aided by the Holy Spirit, of course. But none are inspired.

This statement is an oxymoron. If something is Aided by the Holy Ghost, how is it NOT inspired?

If the Holy Spirit of Truth, which knows all things, aids in a particular version, then it is most certainly inspired by God, because it is the Holy Spirit which is AIDING in the translation thereof. If then the Holy Ghost is aiding in a particular translation, then it is inspired by God and is the TRUTH.

Before the KJV Bible came into existence. The general public could only HEAR the Word from those who were learned. The general public had no other choice but to believe what these human learned men were teaching, telling them what the Word of God says. Most of these men were corrupt, and were teaching from their own interpretation, their own ideals, their own beliefs. NOT what the Word actually said and taught.
God put a stop to this, by allowing EVERYONE to read the Word for themselves, to gain Truths via their own houses, instead of relying on other humans to teach them His Word. So God INSPIRED the KJV Bible to come into existence, for EVERYONE to have His Word, and God is so awesome, that He made sure this version was written in such a way that would last until He Returns to the Earth. So then the Holy Spirit of Truth, knowing all things, was present to make sure that all that was translated in making the KJV was EXACTLY as the Holy Spirit wanted it to be. The men who translated and created the KJV Bible, were not writing what they personally thought, they were most certainly be TOLD what to write by the Holy Spirit. It was NOT their interpretation, nor their translations, it was what the HOLY GHOST wanted them write, is what was written, exactly as the Holy Spirit of All Truth desired. Again, NOT their interpretations or translations. This Bible was going to have God's Name on it. God made sure this version was going to be PERFECT. And it was so.

So then the Word of God was written in ENGLISH so that EVERYONE could not read the Word of God for themselves, to learn from it, to believe it.

Now we come to the last days, in 1970 a group of people decided that the PERFECT KJV Bible needed to be replaced. Sure they had very good intentions, and their heart was in the right place in trying to correct something that they FELT NEEDED TO BE REPLACED. So their intentions was OK, but they were WRONG nonetheless. The KJV Bible does not, nor ever did, need to be replaced.

Tell me, since it seems you are so adamant about there was a need for it to be replaced, then plainly tell me what is written in the King James Version that is so WRONG that it was warranted to create another version?
And save your breath if it is a trivial matter. Tell me what is SO WRONG with the King James Version, that those people felt it NEEDED to be Better, updated, retranslated.
Seriously, if the ESV is so much better than the KJV, then surely you can reveal why the KJV is wrong.

You're teaching errors here, so why should I go watch your videos to find more?

Do you obey the Word of God or no?

Luk_6:30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

What about the Golden Rule. Do you live up to that Standard? If then you asked someone to go watch a video of yours, would you not want them to do as you ask? Therefore do unto others as you would have them do unto you, right?

God has shown you some things and you have mixed in your own ideas, as is the case with most believers.

i no longer do that thing, i did in my teens, but it always turned out disastrously. If then i so teach something that is my opinion, i will most clearly say "This is my opinion and not from the Lord"

At worst, you could be having conversations with demons, but I am not saying that your are.

Here is what i teach concerning voices. If any voice tells you something that is contrary to any verse in Scriptures, that voice is evil and is from a demon, no matter how much Truths are mixed in with it.
For example say, your having a conversation with a voice, and it took 5 minutes, and MOST of that five minutes, the voice was teaching things of God, but then they took 20 seconds within that 5 minute conversation, that was contrary to a verse in the Word of God, you are speaking to a demon.
The Word of God should be the tool you use, to determine who a voice is from.

but I am not saying that your are.

i smiled when i read this. Because it reveals to me that you may have the Spirit of Truth in you. And that you do have Love one for another.

There are issues with the KJV. It is irrelevant that it has been called the Word of God for hundreds of years. It is a good translation but is based on inferior manuscript evidence that contained many copyist errors.

Do you not believe that OTHER VERSIONS are a good thing, because they are trying to correct errors that were in the previous version? Yes or No?

So you agree that it is a Good thing to do, to come up with something New in order to correct errors. i agree with that 100%

you say
It is a good translation but is based on inferior manuscript evidence that contained many copyist errors.

Tell me, How do you know that God did not want to correct some things that were in the inferior manuscripts? And made the KJV EXACTLY as He wanted it?

You say the KJV is in error because it did not line up with the previous manuscripts, correct?

Does the English ESV line up with the English KJV, which is the previous English manuscript?

my point is you believe it is OK to create another version (the ESV) because the KJV is in error, correct? So then why couldn't God create an English version (the KJV) because the original manuscripts were in need of being Changed by God?

God came up with the KJV, because the original manuscripts were NOT what He wanted.
Humans came up with the ESV because the KJV did not line up with the original manuscripts. So then God came up with the KJV to change some things written in the original manuscripts.
Did God give the World the original manuscripts to read in everyone's houses, or did God create the KJV to be read in everyone's houses?

So then, OTHER versions are created based on the original manuscripts, which God did NOT want to use, else we would all have the original manuscripts in our houses today.

Here is the Truth of God, told to me by God. The KJV is His Word.

Believe and obey that, and you will not be left behind, nor tricked into believing some other version is the Truth of God, when it is not.
i asked you before, if i and a whole bunch of scholars came up with our own version, is that inspired by God? Will the Holy Spirit guide us how to translate?
The errors (not trivial errors) that you THINK are errors in the KJV Bible, may very well be what God intended to be there in the first place.

Not True. If God tells you a thing, that Thing is TRUTH.
If, if if God has actually told one something. But yet, he has. It's all in the Bible.

Now i can see where your coming from though, when people THINK they are hearing from God, and therefore believe it is from God, because that is what think.
Exactly, especially when what they say God has told them is false and uses fallacious reasoning.

i made a video called "Lady In Distress" God in audible voice, led me to a girl on a bridge, that was going to kill herself, because her boyfriend just let all his friends rape her.
So when i was driving home after work one night, and God spoke "DAVID" i jumped in my seat, thinking someone was in the back seat of my car. When i seen nobody there, i knew it was the Lord, calling upon me again. i said "Yes Lord"
and then He said "Next road you see turn left" Do you think i believed i was hearing from God or did i KNOW it was God yet again. Did i THINK that God wanted me to turn left at the next road, or did i KNOW God wanted me to turn left at the next road?
The problem is, you don't believe i have had actual conversations with God and He with me, audible conversations, like He did with Adam, like He did with Noah, like He did with Moses, like He did with all of His chosen prophets, like He did throughout all of the Bible.

Anyways here is the video of the details about How God, not me, changed her life forever:

I don't doubt that God can and occasionally does do things like this, but they are very few and far between. There have been quite a number of users on these forums over the years who believed only in listening to the Spirit for biblical understanding. There were even a few of them at one time. Yet, they all contradicted each other in understanding various portions of Scripture.

Why is that? Because God rarely does things that way and people often confuse God's voice or the leading of the Spirit with their own voice and their own reasoning.

How do you know that God didn't tell other humans that it needed to be better, needed to be corrected?

Because i know God does not do thing half baked. When God created the KJV Bible for the whole world to have in their homes, He made it PERFECT, and He made it in such a way that it would still be present till He returns.

Act 5:36 For before these days rose up Theudas, boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered, and brought to nought.
Act 5:37 After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed.
Act 5:38 And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought
:

Likewise, if the same can be said of the KJV. Look how many OTHER VERSIONS have popped up, trying to replace the KJV. And yet the KJV remains, and has not come to naught. If then it was indeed the Will of God that the KJV be replaced with a Better version, then why has the KJV not come to naught? If God wanted it replaced, why is it still here to this very day. How easy of a thing would it be for God to put in the minds of men to get rid of the KJV Bible? Yet He has not done this. satan himself is still not able to get rid of the KJV Bible, even now, nor can ever do so. WHY?
Many versions are created, and MANY more versions will come into existence, but there is ONLY ONE Truth, only One Word of God.

Or do you think you are the only Christian in history that God speaks to?

No.

You don't seem at all to be following what I am saying.

i understand you just fine.

Never have I made an argument that the ESV would be or should be the last version.

Nor have i accused you of doing that. i merely asked you a question "Surely you don't believe the ESV is the last version" This is in no way whatsoever accusing you of making an argument that the ESV would be or should be the last version.
The point i was trying to make and failed to make it, was there are going to be more versions created. The people of this last days generation are always seeking something NEW, something BETTER. And even though you believe the ESV today, you will be like the wind, and quickly grab onto something else, whenever it moves you to do so. Even as you testify that if they found a NEW manuscript (by the way, it would be one that God did NOT want in His Word, else He would have someone found it, to be included in the KJV Bible) and came up with another version with the updated manuscript, then you will no longer believe the ESV but this NEW Better version.

The KJV was made PERFECT by God, Everything in it, is what God wanted in it. Any manuscripts that are found AFTER, He did NOT want in His Word, else He would have made someone find that manuscript way back then. As i keep trying to say to you, the KJV is PERFECT Word of God, inspired by the HOLY SPIRIT OF TRUTH, who knows all things, who also would not allow something to be in the KJV Bible that She did not want in it. What then, the Holy Spirit could not prevent one of the humans to translate something wrong, if they were going to translate something false? Likewise could not the Holy Spirit of Truth cause a person to translate something that did NOT line up with the original manuscripts, because God wanted that particular thing CHANGED?

This generation does not have a clue the Power of God. Know you not that God, if He so chooses, could change every single KJV Bible in the world, without our even knowing it was changed? If there was something that is essentially wrong in the KJV Bible, then God has the Power to change every Bible in the World. He's God. All things are possible to Him. This generation for some reason believes that God couldn't make sure, when His Word was being translated into English, going to be in everyone's house, couldn't make sure it was EXACTLY what He wanted.

The God i worship and obey, made His Word the KJV Bible PERFECT, for all His children to know His Truths. Woe to those who seek Truths of God via some other way.

If more manuscript evidence is found that would, in some way, be considered to have superior renderings of passages, then it would be prudent to have another version, or update current versions, with the newer, better evidence.

And this is the wisdom of humans it is.

The manuscript that is found today, did it exist when the KJV Bible was being Created? If then God wanted that manuscript in His Word, Could He not have had someone find it, BEFORE the KJV Bible came into existence? And Yet God did NOT have anyone find that manuscript. Why is that? i will tell you why, because God did NOT want that manuscript in His Word. That is why.

So i can see where satan will have some renowned Christian scholar find a new manuscript (that God did NOT want in His Word) and then a group of good intentions humans will take thought, we need a NEW version, a BETTER version that would include this manuscript that we found in these last days. And then the ESV will be outdated, and the NEW, BETTER version will appear. And satan will continue to create many versions of the Bible causing everyone to think the version they are reading is the Word of God. And while OTHER VERSIONS are being created like factories creating their merchandise, the KJV will persist, and NEVER come to Naught. All other versions which are not of God, will come to naught. Who reads the NIV anymore? Which was thought to be the Word of God.
All OTHER VERSIONS will come to naught.
The KJV will NEVER come to naught, because it is the True Word of God.

DiscipleDave said:
Now i can see where your coming from though, when people THINK they are hearing from God, and therefore believe it is from God, because that is what think.

Exactly, especially when what they say God has told them is false and uses fallacious reasoning.

False according to whom? You or the Word of God?

Why can't this generation be like the Bereans. When they heard something that they did NOT agree with, they did not immediately dismiss what they heard as being wrong or fallacious reasoning. What did they do, they went to the Word to see if what they were hearing lined up with the Scriptures.

i say and teach a great many things, which this generation most certainly says is FALSE, they judge me to be teaching things under fallacious reasonings, and yet nothing i teach is contrary to a single verse in all of Scriptures.

Isn't the Word of God to be our sole Truth? Yes it is. People have accused me of being False my whole entire life, NOT because i teach anything that is contrary to God or His Word, but they call me false, because what i teach is contrary to the truths they hold on to. Contrary to the false doctrines they believe in. i am judged to be false via their own understanding, which we are told to not lean unto.

If then i teach anything that is contrary to the Word of God (which every False prophet, or false teacher WILL DO) then and only then judge me to be false. But if i teach things that do not contradict the Word of God, then would it not behoove you to listen? i did not say "to believe" because everyone should try the Spirits, even me. i am only saying if everything i teach lines up with Scriptures, then you probably should be listening. And NOT listening to me, but listening to those things which God told me. NOT from me, but from Him.

I don't doubt that God can and occasionally does do things like this, but they are very few and far between.

True.

There have been quite a number of users on these forums over the years who believed only in listening to the Spirit for biblical understanding.

If any Spirit teaches something that is contrary to any verse in the Scriptures, that is NOT a Spirit of God.

There were even a few of them at one time. Yet, they all contradicted each other in understanding various portions of Scripture.

a False prophet or False teacher, or False preacher, or False pastor will ALWAYS teach something that contradicts the Word of God, ALWAYS. This is how you can tell the True one's from the false one's. However what i see, and not a little bit, is people say i am false because they disagree with something i said, which in no way contradicts any verse in Scriptures, it only contradicts what they believe to be the Truth. Therefore they judge me to be false, NOT because of teaching contrary to Scriptures, but because i said something contrary to them.

Why is that? Because God rarely does things that way and people often confuse God's voice or the leading of the Spirit with their own voice and their own reasoning.

This is Truth. And it also reveals that you are being led by the Holy Spirit.

i am finding myself repeating the same thing over and over again to you. The KJV is the Word of God, and it indeed was inspired by God to come into existence so that all could have access to His Words. The other versions that started in 1970 were inspired by humans, NOT by God. Because they took thought the KJV was outdated.
I, too, find myself repeating the same thing over and over again to you. The KJV is the Word of God in the exact same way that the NIV is the Word of God, that the ESV is the Word of God, that the NASB is the Word of God, etc. The KJV was not inspired, only the original autographs were.

You're also continuing to ignore the fact that the 1611 edition had the Apocrypha and there have been several editions since, each with changes made. So, by your reasoning, if the KJV was inspired and the Word of God, that can only apply to the 1611 version.

Your argument also ignores that the KJV was not the first English version nor the first one printed on the printing press, as you have previously claimed.

This statement is an oxymoron. If something is Aided by the Holy Ghost, how is it NOT inspired?
Not at all. The Holy Spirit helps give us biblical understanding. But he does not inspire Bible versions. Only the original autographs were inspired, in that God used the writers to write what he wanted written, albeit in their own words. It's complex, but if you want to speak of "inspiration" when it comes to the Bible, that is more or less what it means.

If the Holy Spirit of Truth, which knows all things, aids in a particular version, then it is most certainly inspired by God, because it is the Holy Spirit which is AIDING in the translation thereof. If then the Holy Ghost is aiding in a particular translation, then it is inspired by God and is the TRUTH.
If all you mean is that the Holy Spirit prompted men to write the KJV and aided in their understanding, but didn't actually inspire the words in the same way as the autographs, then that is different, and no different than any other Bible version.

Before the KJV Bible came into existence. The general public could only HEAR the Word from those who were learned. The general public had no other choice but to believe what these human learned men were teaching, telling them what the Word of God says.
This simply isn't true as there were Bibles being printed for the public for quite some time before the KJV.

Most of these men were corrupt, and were teaching from their own interpretation, their own ideals, their own beliefs. NOT what the Word actually said and taught.
God put a stop to this, by allowing EVERYONE to read the Word for themselves, to gain Truths via their own houses, instead of relying on other humans to teach them His Word. So God INSPIRED the KJV Bible to come into existence, for EVERYONE to have His Word, and God is so awesome, that He made sure this version was written in such a way that would last until He Returns to the Earth. So then the Holy Spirit of Truth, knowing all things, was present to make sure that all that was translated in making the KJV was EXACTLY as the Holy Spirit wanted it to be. The men who translated and created the KJV Bible, were not writing what they personally thought, they were most certainly be TOLD what to write by the Holy Spirit. It was NOT their interpretation, nor their translations, it was what the HOLY GHOST wanted them write, is what was written, exactly as the Holy Spirit of All Truth desired. Again, NOT their interpretations or translations. This Bible was going to have God's Name on it. God made sure this version was going to be PERFECT. And it was so.
Again, you are going far beyond what the translators of the 1611 KJV claim. They would very much disagree with you.

So then the Word of God was written in ENGLISH so that EVERYONE could not read the Word of God for themselves, to learn from it, to believe it.
English versions already existed.

Now we come to the last days, in 1970 a group of people decided that the PERFECT KJV Bible needed to be replaced. Sure they had very good intentions, and their heart was in the right place in trying to correct something that they FELT NEEDED TO BE REPLACED. So their intentions was OK, but they were WRONG nonetheless. The KJV Bible does not, nor ever did, need to be replaced.

Tell me, since it seems you are so adamant about there was a need for it to be replaced, then plainly tell me what is written in the King James Version that is so WRONG that it was warranted to create another version?
And save your breath if it is a trivial matter. Tell me what is SO WRONG with the King James Version, that those people felt it NEEDED to be Better, updated, retranslated.
Seriously, if the ESV is so much better than the KJV, then surely you can reveal why the KJV is wrong.
After all I said, with links and an example provided, you still don't understand? Are you not reading what I am writing? Firstly, you do understand that the books of the Bible were first written in Hebrew and Greek, yes? The KJV is based on inferior manuscript evidence with thousands of copyist errors. The majority of the manuscript evidence we now have for the NT, has come to light since the KJV was first printed. Secondly, no one speaks in KJV English anymore.

That is enough reason to warrant at least one newer version. But, thirdly, formal equivalence translations can be awkward and not convey the meaning of a verse or passage very well. This is where dynamic equivalence translations, like the NIV, can better bring out the meaning. Anyone who knows a second language, even if just a little, understands this. Fourthly, I already gave this error in the KJV:

"Fifth, the KJV includes one very definite error in translation, which even KJV advocates would admit. In Matthew 23:24 the KJV has ‘strain at a gnat and swallow a camel.’ But the Greek has ‘strain out a gnat and swallow a camel.’ In the least, this illustrates not only that no translation is infallible but also that scribal corruptions can and do take place-even in a volume which has been worked over by so many different hands (for the KJV was the product of a very large committee of over 50 scholars)."

https://bible.org/article/why-i-do-not-think-king-james-bible-best-translation-available-today

I would also add the mention of unicorns and Easter, and that the KJV confuses things by translating three different words as "hell." There are issues with it and doing some internet searching will help you see.

Back