Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Divisions

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

journeyman

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 2Tim.4:3

I think Pauls' words are true concerning the days we're living in. I think they apply not only to the world, but to the church. When Paul said,

Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 1Cor.1:10,

I think his purpose was to combat heresy. It's sad how even on Christian websites, there is so much division. By this fact alone, heresy has to be rampant among us.

Any comments welcome.

It is sad that there is so much division. We all have the same word of God, but it's all in how we allow ourselves to be taught by so many others believing what they say instead of studying for ourselves. You have Cessationalist, Futurist, Preterist, new age, scientology, and over 5000 different religions that claim only they have all truths.

2Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Tim 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

1John 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
1John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
1John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
I never tell anyone to believe what I teach, but to take the scriptures I give, and I do use many, and pray and ask the Holy Spirit teach them. Everyone says the Holy Spirit teaches them, but we clearly see who they listen to, but not everything that comes from the pulpit is truth as the spirit of Jezebel stands behind many of them.

Rev 2:15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
Rev 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
Rev 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
Rev 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

and the last an most important judgement:

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I can admit I do miss it at times in what I teach and when I do the Holy Spirit always sends me correction by using others that have a greater Spiritual knowledge then I do. We just have to be opened to hear what the Spirit of God is teaching us.

It is sad that there is so much division. We all have the same word of God, but it's all in how we allow ourselves to be taught by so many others believing what they say instead of studying for ourselves. You have Cessationalist, Futurist, Preterist, new age, scientology, and over 5000 different religions that claim only they have all truths.

2Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Tim 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

1John 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
1John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
I never tell anyone to believe what I teach, but to take the scriptures I give, and I do use many, and pray and ask the Holy Spirit teach them. Everyone says the Holy Spirit teaches them, but we clearly see who they listen to, but not everything that comes from the pulpit is truth as the spirit of Jezebel stands behind many of them.

Rev 2:15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
Rev 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
Rev 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
Rev 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I can admit I do miss it at times in what I teach and when I do the Holy Spirit always sends me correction by using others that have a greater Spiritual knowledge then I do. We just have to be opened to hear what the Spirit of God is teaching us.

Rev 22:18-19 only apply to Revelation. Is that how you are using those verses?

What was your point about the Thyatira Church? The Nicolations were sexually immoral so that is a strange connection to make.... please expand your thoughts. Thanks.

If we are to study to show ourselves approved... then there is A Truth... then someone out there has got to have it.
I would think that being on this site you would agree with the above statement... but I don't see the connection to 5000 different religions.

Is this a 1 Cor 14:34 situation?

I agree. I think a lot of misunderstanding comes from not having the mindset to examine the scriptures for ourselves. Although I had a problem with certain things, I didn't question anything for a long time, years. I just believed what the pastor said and preached it myself. It was unnerving to find out I was wrong.

Rev 22:18-19 only apply to Revelation. Is that how you are using those verses?
It not only applies to the book of Revelation, but I see it applying to all of God's written word.
What was your point about the Thyatira Church? The Nicolations were sexually immoral so that is a strange connection to make.... please expand your thoughts. Thanks.
God spoke this warning to two Churchs in Revelations. One being the Church at Ephesus and the Church at Pergamos.

The Nicolaitans were a Gentile heretic sect that converted over to Judaism to dominate others with their heretic teachings. Irenaeus, Hippolytus, Epiphanius, and Theodoret mentioned this group, and stated that the deacon Nicolas was the author of the heresy and the sect. The Nicolaitans are the followers of that Nicolas who was one of the seven first ordained to the diaconate by the apostles in AD 33, Acts 6:5. They lead lives of unrestrained indulgence as in eating things offered to idols. The teaching of the Nicolaitans was to dominate the people leading them astray from that of what Jesus taught and this goes against the teachings of Jesus, Matthew 20:25-28.

Rev 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

Act 6:5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:
Is this a 1 Cor 14:34 situation?
This needs to be another thread as we have had many on that topic.

If we are to study to show ourselves approved... then there is A Truth... then someone out there has got to have it.
I would think that being on this site you would agree with the above statement... but I don't see the connection to 5000 different religions.
Some things we know in full and some things only in part. It's when we come to reason together that we can actually search out the truth. The reason I used 5000 different religions in the world as they all think they have all truths and everyone else is wrong. Each individual must seek out truth for themselves as only the Holy Spirit can teach us all truths if we would just listen to the Spirit of God for our understanding. The word of God is not hard to understand, but it is man that makes it difficult if we only listen to man. Do I have all truths, not always as no one can exhaust all that is found in the scriptures as we are continually learning. As long as we can agree on the basics of salvation then we are doing well.

It not only applies to the book of Revelation, but I see it applying to all of God's written word.
Rev 22:18-19 ONLY apply to Revelation...

If you see it applying to all Scripture, that would mean that every preacher that ever mistranslated or misapplied any teaching at any point... is doomed to have plagues in their lives.
Similarly if any teacher downplayed any aspect of any portion of the Bible will have their name removed from the Book of Life.
Are you such a teacher or preacher?
If you EVER have misrepresented ANY portion of the Bible in the slightest you are guilty of one of these two curses.
Have you ever heard a preacher say... "What John meant to say here was..." (removing or adding words)... they would be under the curse of Rev 22:18-19.

But also Rev 22:18-19 has the qualifier phrase, that is often left out, of "the words of the prophecy of this book".
When John wrote Revelation... there was no New Testament Cannon. So "this book" would be Revelation and not the entire Bible(which didn't exist at that time).
The entire Bible is not all "prophecy", so the qualifying phrase would not apply to Genesis,Acts, Romans... but only to the prophetic books... This is your position if you are honest about it.

I think that the use of these two verses by most preachers/teachers is to bludgeon listeners into accepting the views of the preacher instead of what was intended. These verses are a curse by Jesus against the modification of this particular prophecy. And modification of the Revelation vision is all I see in the prophetic world today. Enjoy the curses of your Lord and Saviour.

Yup 👍

I e thought the same myself. Here locally the megachurch list 20 percent of their attendees when they fired a wayward sinful leader. They’re supposedly more traditional now and he has a new wife and is leading a new church. This is basically any small city usa do not that unusual in all likelihood.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

Churches never saved anyone. Jesus did and does. But Protestant church culture seems toxic and maybe possibly inspired by carefully selected Bible verses not so much truly biblical teachings or lifestyles.

Rev 22:18-19 ONLY apply to Revelation...

If you see it applying to all Scripture, that would mean that every preacher that ever mistranslated or misapplied any teaching at any point... is doomed to have plagues in their lives.
Similarly if any teacher downplayed any aspect of any portion of the Bible will have their name removed from the Book of Life.
Are you such a teacher or preacher?
If you EVER have misrepresented ANY portion of the Bible in the slightest you are guilty of one of these two curses.
Have you ever heard a preacher say... "What John meant to say here was..." (removing or adding words)... they would be under the curse of Rev 22:18-19.

But also Rev 22:18-19 has the qualifier phrase, that is often left out, of "the words of the prophecy of this book".
When John wrote Revelation... there was no New Testament Cannon. So "this book" would be Revelation and not the entire Bible(which didn't exist at that time).
The entire Bible is not all "prophecy", so the qualifying phrase would not apply to Genesis,Acts, Romans... but only to the prophetic books... This is your position if you are honest about it.

I think that the use of these two verses by most preachers/teachers is to bludgeon listeners into accepting the views of the preacher instead of what was intended. These verses are a curse by Jesus against the modification of this particular prophecy. And modification of the Revelation vision is all I see in the prophetic world today. Enjoy the curses of your Lord and Saviour.
It could mean the prophecy just found in the book of Revelation, or all prophecy that has been given in the book we call the Bible. Do I always get it right in what I teach, I would only hope so, but if I do error unknowingly the Holy Spirit always sends me correction so I can go back and correct myself. BTW, There is much prophecy given between Genesis and Revelation, but does not need to be debated.

You said: Have you ever heard a preacher say... "What John meant to say here was..." (removing or adding words)... they would be under the curse of Rev 22:18-19.

Yes, I have heard many say that, even in the forums and yes they are in danger if they are not allowing the Holy Spirit correct them.

Are we to believe everything that comes from the pulpit or should we Spiritually discern if it is a man's doctrine or the doctrines of Christ for that which has already been written.

BTW, the remark about me being cursed is within God's judgement, not yours.

1Jn 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
1Jn 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
1Jn 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1Jn 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1Jn 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

It could mean the prophecy just found in the book of Revelation, or all prophecy that has been given in the book we call the Bible. Do I always get it right in what I teach, I would only hope so, but if I do error unknowingly the Holy Spirit always sends me correction so I can go back and correct myself. BTW, There is much prophecy given between Genesis and Revelation, but does not need to be debated.

You said: Have you ever heard a preacher say... "What John meant to say here was..." (removing or adding words)... they would be under the curse of Rev 22:18-19.

Yes, I have heard many say that, even in the forums and yes they are in danger if they are not allowing the Holy Spirit correct them.

Are we to believe everything that comes from the pulpit or should we Spiritually discern if it is a man's doctrine or the doctrines of Christ for that which has already been written.

BTW, the remark about me being cursed is within God's judgement, not yours.

1Jn 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
1Jn 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
1Jn 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1Jn 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1Jn 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

God has pronounced your judgement in Rev 22:18-19. I am just passing on the message.

Rev 22:18-19 can not mean the entire prophecy collection in the entire Bible because that is not the way it is written.
Otherwise when John, Paul or even Jesus quoted parts of the OT as prophecy and they didn't use the exact wording then they would be under the curse. A curse that was not yet revealed... but because of the way you interpret it would still have been in effect. A logical cock up if ever I saw one.

Where in Revelation does it say that it is ok to change the words of the prophecy if you allow the Holy Spirit to correct you later?
If you take words/ideas out of Revelation then your name is also pulled from the Book of Life. Doesn't look like a lot of wiggle room there.
If you take the stand that I think you are taking then you are in danger of hellfire. Not my words but the words of Jesus. Take it up with Him if you disagree. Take this time to maybe follow your own advice and let the Holy Spirit correct your errant thinking. Sometimes God uses the unlovable to speak His words to those who are in danger.

Hence my signature.
Call me, Balaam's Donkey.
"No one likes a smart ass, but God sometimes speaks through an ass."

God reveals to whom God reveals. There is only ONE TRUTH, NOT many truths.

Interpretations belong to God, NOT to humans. Human interpretations of the Word of God, is what created the hundreds of false doctrines that are being taught today.

Here is one statement that God told me in one of our conversations, that if you believe, will 100% prevent you from being tricked or deceived by a false doctrine.

"If what you believe contradicts even one verse in Scriptures, then what you believe is WRONG"

If then you believe something, and there is a verse that contradicts that belief, your belief is a false doctrine. Change what you believe to line up with the Word of God, don't do as this last days generation of Nicolaitan Christians do, they change the Scriptures to line up with what they believe.

An Example would be, the verse(S) that plainly teaches a person's name can be blotted out of the Book of Life. If then a verse teaches a person's name can be blotted out after being written in it, then the belief in Once Saved Always Saved can't possibly be a True doctrine. It contradicts the verse which plainly teaches a person's name that is written in the Book of Life (Saved) can be blotted out of the Book of Life. Therefore OSAS can't possibly be True, it contradicts verse(S) in the Word of God. This is but one example of this last days generation believing their false doctrines OVER what the Word of God plainly teaches.

God said "If what you believe contradicts even one verse in Scriptures, then what you believe is WRONG."

If all people believed what God told me above, there would be ZERO false doctrines being taught or believed.

Concerning Division, i made a video about that as well.
It's called Being Of One Mind.

Which includes that statement "Let us agree to disagree" is of the devil if talking about Spiritual matters.

God reveals to whom God reveals. There is only ONE TRUTH, NOT many truths.

Interpretations belong to God, NOT to humans. Human interpretations of the Word of God, is what created the hundreds of false doctrines that are being taught today.

Here is one statement that God told me in one of our conversations, that if you believe, will 100% prevent you from being tricked or deceived by a false doctrine.

"If what you believe contradicts even one verse in Scriptures, then what you believe is WRONG"

If then you believe something, and there is a verse that contradicts that belief, your belief is a false doctrine. Change what you believe to line up with the Word of God, don't do as this last days generation of Nicolaitan Christians do, they change the Scriptures to line up with what they believe.

An Example would be, the verse(S) that plainly teaches a person's name can be blotted out of the Book of Life. If then a verse teaches a person's name can be blotted out after being written in it, then the belief in Once Saved Always Saved can't possibly be a True doctrine. It contradicts the verse which plainly teaches a person's name that is written in the Book of Life (Saved) can be blotted out of the Book of Life. Therefore OSAS can't possibly be True, it contradicts verse(S) in the Word of God. This is but one example of this last days generation believing their false doctrines OVER what the Word of God plainly teaches.

God said "If what you believe contradicts even one verse in Scriptures, then what you believe is WRONG."

If all people believed what God told me above, there would be ZERO false doctrines being taught or believed.
So that is your interpretation. Thanks... One of many. Got it.
So if God reveals... then someone out there has the truth.

Oh and "Scripture" would only apply to the Pentateuch. I think we all agree with that.
Because that is all a first century Jew would call Scripture. The writings of Moses.

So that is your interpretation. Thanks... One of many. Got it.

Oh and "Scripture" would only apply to the Pentateuch. I think we all agree with that.
Because that is all a first century Jew would call Scripture. The writings of Moses.
Hello dwb001.
I think your example of Moses' writings is great. If what Moses wrote is right, then it must agree with everything our Savior said.
I think you and Disciple Dave both believe that the scriptures can't be contrary to one another. If they are, something is wrong with the interpretation.😊

Hello dwb001.
I think your example of Moses' writings is great. If what Moses wrote is right, then it must agree with everything our Savior said.
I think you and Disciple Dave both believe that the scriptures can't be contrary to one another. If they are, something is wrong with the interpretation.😊
And Scripture only applies to the writings of Moses... Right?

And Scripture only applies to the writings of Moses... Right?
Of course not. That was my point. Often, our Lord (and later the his disciples) cited Moses (and the other Prophets, relating their words) to their current situation and beyond. So naturally, there is no way one jot or tittle can be contrary to what the Messiah said. And it Isn't 😊

Of course not. That was my point. Often, our Lord (and later the his disciples) cited Moses (and the other Prophets, relating their words) to their current situation and beyond. So naturally, there is no way one jot or tittle can be contrary to what the Messiah said. And it Isn't 😊
But the only part of the Bible that can accurately be called Scripture is the Books of the Law.

Brother Dave said "God reveals to whom God reveals. There is only ONE TRUTH, NOT many truths.

"

dwb001 says "So that is your interpretation. Thanks... One of many. Got it."

Having ears to hear but do not hear with them. Read what i said, and then read your reply. If i plainly say that interpretation belong to God, NOT to humans, how are you replying "So that is your interpretation"?

For those who don't already think they know the Truths of God and would like to see the verses which teaches that interpretations belong to God, i made this video:

What kind of prophet would i be, if God did not thoroughly educate me on His Word?

No.

2Ti 3:16-17 All scripture (NOT just the Pentateuch) is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (Does the Pentateuch instructs us Christians in Righteousness? NO) That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Does Brother Mark make a mistake here?

Mar_12:10 And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner: (NOT said by Brother Moses, but said by Brother David)

Jesus just referred to what David said, as being SCRIPTURE. So then not even Jesus believed that ONLY the Pentateuch was referred to as Scriptures, like it seems you believe, because of the statement you made.

But the only part of the Bible that can accurately be called Scripture is the Books of the Law.
Why do you think that? Mk.15:28 says,

And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.

He's quoting Isaiah 53.

Why do you think that? Mk.15:28 says,

And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.

He's quoting Isaiah 53.
Good one... But it is the 1st century Jewish way to look at things.
The word "scripture" is translated as just writings.
A Jewish person would call Isaiah "Prophecy"... not "Scripture".

Back