Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Do We Need to Keep the Sabbath (The LORD's Day) Holy?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You don't have to keep God's ten commandments. Why would he want you to? He calls them holy, royal, eternal, and so on. But, that doesn't mean YOU have to. It's all voluntary, ya see!

Romans 7:12 "Therefore the LAW IS HOLY, and the COMMANDMENT HOLY and just and good."

I admit that those who have a cursory knowledge of law and law, Moses' law and God's law, will not want to keep the ten commandments .... or --- keep nine, but not the fourth one.

That sounds strange to me. You? :biggrin

Howdy everyone. I hope to know all of you in Christian love.

Elijah674 said:
But NOT the Eternal Covenant that God WROTE HIMSELF. --Elijah
Do you include the Law of Moses as part of this "Eternal Covenant"?

If so, I challenge you to make the case that the Law of Moses is still in force. If it is, then Paul was mistaken when he wrote this:

For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations.

A clear and unambiguous reference to the abolition of the Law of Moses.

Drew said:
Elijah674 said:
But NOT the Eternal Covenant that God WROTE HIMSELF. --Elijah
Do you include the Law of Moses as part of this "Eternal Covenant"?

If so, I challenge you to make the case that the Law of Moses is still in force. If it is, then Paul was mistaken when he wrote this:

For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations.

A clear and unambiguous reference to the abolition of the Law of Moses.

NO! Go re/read. And that INCLUDES all of his 'penmanship' (book) relating to the Sanctuary mechanics!

(Not prior Commandments)

--Elijah

Elijah674 said:
NO! Go re/read. And that INCLUDES all of his 'penmanship' (book) relating to the Sanctuary mechanics!

(Not prior Commandments)

--Elijah
I have read your material - I see no Biblical evidence that the Law of Moses is still in force and pleny of evidence that it is not. I find your arguments hard to follow.

Please answer this simple question: Do you believe the Law of Moses is still in force or not?

What is your response to Paul's clear statement in Ephesians that that Law of Moses has been abolished?

Elijah674 said:
Come on, this is 2010 :screwloose

Gal.1 (in part)
[17] Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
[18] Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
[19] But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

Acts.15 (in part)
[1] And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

[2] When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders [[about this question.]]

(Got that?? About circumcism after the law of Moses!)

[4] And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.
(Christ has a Church here also!)

[5] But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
(Again, what was the only Issue? There is [nothing] stated about the Eternal Covenant that ALL were keeping!)

[6] And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. (Got that??)
[7] And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

(OK: You can read the rest as you please? But this is concrete! Now lets see Gal. 3:19 for why Moses Law was given! You read it. But in Gal. 4 is more Truth about Moses law)

Gal. 4
[9] But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
[10] Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
[11] I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

(And where does one find any of this in The Eternal Covenant that God alone Penned & then put into the Born Again Heart & Mind?? And the Acts 15 said the [only] subject considered was Circumcism and the [LAW OF MOSES]!)

And in Col. 2 (in part)

[13] And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

[14] Blotting out the [handwriting of ordinances] that was against us, which was contrary to us, and [took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;]
(OK: This is not what

[15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
[16] Let no man therefore judge you [[in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:]]
(OK: All of these special days pointed to the next verse, [BUT NEVER ARE THESE THE 7th Day Sabbath of God's Heb. 13:20 Eternal Covenant!)

[17] Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

And in Deut. 31

[9] And Moses wrote this law, and delivered it unto the priests the sons of Levi, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and unto all the elders of Israel.
[10] And Moses commanded them, saying, At the end of every seven years, in the solemnity of the year of release, in the feast of tabernacles,
[11] When all Israel is come to appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose, thou shalt read this law before all Israel in their hearing. ...(+ you read it!)

[24] And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished,
[25] That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying,
[26] Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

(OK: let just give what 2 Cron. 8:12-13 [documents] are the commandments of Moses!)

[12] Then Solomon offered burnt offerings unto the LORD on the altar of the LORD, which he had built before the porch,
[13] Even after a certain rate every day, offering according to the commandment of Moses, on the sabbath s, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts, three times in the year, even in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles.

Again: Are you a Christian??? And keeping Easter, huh! Acts 12:1-4

--Elijah

THIS IS A NO NEED TO KEEP MOSES LAW!!!!! :screwloose

--Elijah

Ahuli said:
You don't have to keep God's ten commandments. Why would he want you to? He calls them holy, royal, eternal, and so on. But, that doesn't mean YOU have to. It's all voluntary, ya see!

Romans 7:12 "Therefore the LAW IS HOLY, and the COMMANDMENT HOLY and just and good."

I admit that those who have a cursory knowledge of law and law, Moses' law and God's law, will not want to keep the ten commandments .... or --- keep nine, but not the fourth one.

"He calls them holy" - Essential point ! why do some people profane what God declares holy?

...because their spirit and God's spirit agree? No, they agree not. Both validated in reality to be of a different nature.

i just started to read a book by Scott M. Kilpatrick that has one chapter along your reasoning, i wouldnt be surprised if after reading the whole book at least one pagan or one babylonian could see that the God of the Bible is althogether not identical with the god of their imagination?

-------

The Holiness of God's Seventh Day Sabbath.

The Book of Genesis tells us that God blessed the seventh day upon resting in it from all His work at creation,

"And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. [3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it; because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made". Gen. 2:2-3 (emphasis added).

Bless means "to consecrate or sanctify by a religious rite", "make or pronounce holy", "to extol as holy; glorify". Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary, 1994, p. 158 (hereinafter cited as "Webster's"). God Himself sanctified the seventh day. Sanctify means "to make holy; set apart as sacred; consecrate", "to entitle to reverence or respect". Webster's at 1265. Understand, that the seventh day has been set apart by God as His holy day since He finished creation.

The fact that the seventh day is holy to God Himself was confirmed by the Word of God before He gave the Ten Commandments to man:

"And he [Moses] said to them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning".Ex. 16:23.

Creation took God six days, He rested on the seventh day, and He made that day holy. Holy means "specially recognized as or declared sacred by religious use or authority, consecrated", "entitled to worship or profound religious reverence because of divine character or origin, orconnection with God or divinity". Webster's at 678. God made the seventh day holy, and that connects the seventh day to God. There is no other day that has been made holy by God. The seventh day is special to God, the day is of His creation, and God wants us to recognize the holiness of His seventh day.

What else does the Word of God tell us is holy? We know that God Himself is holy; Ps. 22:3; Isa. 6:3; Rev. 4:8. We know that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is holy. Lk. 1:35. We know that Jesus was holy as a child. Acts 4:27, 30. God's name is holy. Ps. 111:9; Lk. 1:49. The Holy Ghost or Spirit of God is holy by the very name. And the feasts of God are holy:

"And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, [2] Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. [3] Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings". Lev. 23:1-3.

What else do we know to be holy? The nation of Israel is holy. Ex. 19:6. The location of God's presence is "holy ground", Ex. 3:5, as was the place where the captain of the host of the Lord was present. Jos.5:15. Heaven is holy. Ps. 20:6. The law and the commandment is holy. Rom. 7:12. We are to present our bodies as a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God. Rom. 12:1. The temple of God is holy, which includes man. 1 Cor. 3:17. The new Jerusalem will be holy. Rev. 21:1. Holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection. Rev. 20:5. The LORD is both righteous and holy in all His works. Ps. 45:17. And the scriptures are holy. Rom. 1:2.

This holiness of God's seventh day is again confirmed in His Fourth Commandment:

"[8] Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy....[11] For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it". Ex. 20:8,11 (emphasis added).

God says in His Fourth Commandment, "remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy". That means the sabbath day was holy before He gave the commandment. What else does the Fourth Commandment tell us? "Wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it". "Blessed" is defined above. God blessed and "hallowed" the sabbath day. Hallow means, "to make holy; sanctify; consecrate", "to honor as holy; consider sacred; venerate". Hallowed means, "regarded as holy; venerated; sacred". Webster's at 639.

What else is "hallowed"? Jesus tells us,

And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth". Lk. 11:2.

See also, Mt. 6:9, ("After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven,Hallowed be thy name"). God told the children of Israel to "hallow" His sabbaths,

"I am the LORD your God; walk in my statutes, and keep my judgments, and do them; [20] And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God". Ezek. 20:19-20.

Conclusion? Separate and apart from God's Fourth Commandment, the seventh day is God's holy day of sabbath rest. It has been from the beginning. And by making the day holy, God connects the seventh day to Himself and His creation. The seventh day was, is and always shall be holy unto God. God did not just call the seventh day holy, He made it holy. The seventh day will always be holy to God. There is nothing that man can do, no interpretation he can make, and no theology or religion he can create, that will ever change the reality that the seventh day is the holy sabbath unto the LORD. And the Fourth Commandment tells us to "[r]emember the sabbath day, to keep it holy". Ex. 20:8.

excerpt taken from:

WHAT HAPPENED TO GOD'S SEVENTH DAY SABBATH?
A Scriptural Analysis of the Sabbath Day Dispute
(all and every sabbath question answered) by Scott M. Kilpatrick
http://www.moresureword.com/sksab1.htm

Mysteryman said:
To answer the question of the OP, the answer is no, we do not "need" to keep the Sabbath .

The sabbath was made for the man, not man for the sabbath.

We should see every day as the same. Another day to worship God , with all of your heart, soul, mind and strength.

Galatians 2:21 - "I do not frustrate the grace of God ; for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain"

:thumb !!!!!!!!!!

Agreed, totally. EVERY day is another day to worship God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.

Drew said:
Mysteryman said:
God didn't put the law on the hearts of those in the OT. You just made that up ! Sadly
I agree. Gd's position here is not scriptural.

Looks like you boys are suggesting that our consciences do not bear witness to God's law. :confused
Let's just look at that, shall we? You seem to be claiming Cain didn't know it was wrong to kill his brother, and Rachael didn't know it was wrong to lie, and Abraham didn't know it was a lie to claim Sarah was not his wife. None of them knew the difference between right and wrong, and God's commands were not put into the hearts of man? You'd best rethink that one.
Romans 1:20 said:
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Romans 2:14-15 said:
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
Not scriptural? :crazy
MM states, "God didn't put the law on the hearts of those in the OT." And, Drew adds, "I agree".

Psalm 40:8 said:
I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
Psalm 119:11 said:
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Proverbs 3:3-6 said:
Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
Proverbs 7:1-3 said:
My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee. Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye. Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.
Isaiah 51:7 said:
Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.
Ezekiel 3:10-11 said:
Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, all my words that I shall speak unto thee receive in thine heart, and hear with thine ears.

Ahuli said:

Keeping the Ten is very easy to do. I can see why some prefer to obey them instead of the commands that Jesus gave. To put it simply...we have a higher calling than the Ten written in stone.

Drew said:
This is not a statement about any "law" from God. It says that men are responsible, but not in respect to any law. You are reading "law" in here.

And you're claiming God had no law until the stone law was given to Moses. There is a natural law of nature and men. I wonder how you explain Abraham. God's moral law...right and wrong...has been given to mankind from the time of the creation. A law is a law whether it's written on stone or written on the conscience of man or commanded by the voice of God. It is law because God says it is law...whether you think it's "law" or not, and that's exactly what Paul is talking about there.
Genesis 26:5 said:
Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws....Now therefore, my son, obey my voice according to that which I command thee.

Geo said:
The Book of Genesis tells us that God blessed the seventh day upon resting in it from all His work at creation,

"And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. [3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it; because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made". Gen. 2:2-3 (emphasis added).

Conclusion? Separate and apart from God's Fourth Commandment, the seventh day is God's holy day of sabbath rest. It has been from the beginning. And by making the day holy, God connects the seventh day to Himself and His creation. The seventh day was, is and always shall be holy unto God. God did not just call the seventh day holy, He made it holy. The seventh day will always be holy to God. There is nothing that man can do, no interpretation he can make, and no theology or religion he can create, that will ever change the reality that the seventh day is the holy sabbath unto the LORD. And the Fourth Commandment tells us to "[r]emember the sabbath day, to keep it holy". Ex. 20:8.

Jesus is called the Lord of the Sabbath. Why is that? It's because the work of the redemption of mankind was completed at the cross. Jesus fulfilled all the law and the prophets. He is now our Sabbath rest. Today is that other day spoken of...the day of salvation. Now, the work of salvation is done.

The work that God is doing is no longer the work of a physical creation but the work of a spiritual creation. He is creating sons in His image. Christ is Redeemer, Deliverer, Savior....He came and redeemed, delivered, and saved....He is the rest. As we enter into His rest, the Sabbath is fulfilled.

glorydaz said:
Drew said:
This is not a statement about any "law" from God. It says that men are responsible, but not in respect to any law. You are reading "law" in here.

And you're claiming God had no law until the stone law was given to Moses. There is a natural law of nature and men. I wonder how you explain Abraham. God's moral law...right and wrong...has been given to mankind from the time of the creation. A law is a law whether it's written on stone or written on the conscience of man or commanded by the voice of God. It is law because God says it is law...whether you think it's "law" or not, and that's exactly what Paul is talking about there.
Genesis 26:5 said:
Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws....Now therefore, my son, obey my voice according to that which I command thee.

God spoke to His Own personally before they asked Him not to do so. Surely the 7Th Day Sabbath after Adam & Eve's creation had the first Sabbath sermon from God with a loving WARNING. That alone proves that the Godheads Covenant is Eternal! 1 John 3:4 To die meant COVENANT OBEDIENCE. [LAW]At the time of their creation they had neither MATURE CHARACTER (as Rom. 8:1 babes In Christ) or any DESIRE to sin. (Gen. 4:7)

--Elijah

great book, it get's 10 out of 10 for truth:

WHAT HAPPENED TO GOD'S SEVENTH DAY SABBATH?
http://www.moresureword.com/sksab1.htm

let's think about it, if someone claims to have a spirit that is holy, yet by that same spirit profanes what God Himself declares holy we have to see the problem that exists whether we are aware of it or not. That is simply not possible that both are holy, outside of the great counterfeit. That is vanity by definition and the same as claiming that darkness is light ! and that light is darkness - taken over by a counterfeit religious spirit and the MAJOR reason that this will come to pass one day soon:

The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left. Isa. 24:5-6.

Geo said:
Ahuli said:

"He calls them holy" - Essential point ! why do some people profane what God declares holy?

...because their spirit and God's spirit agree? No, they agree not. Both validated in reality to be of a different nature.
If the ten commandments in their entirety are not to be understood and kept by all mankind, then God stands accused of mismanaging his creation. The same goes for keeping them ... we are to keep them, all of mankind. Impossible say those who do not know how this is done. If it is impossible, then going to heaven with Christ is impossible as well. The good thing is, in either case, we are not on our own. And that is the open secret to it all.

Drew said:
Elijah674 said:

(Not prior Commandments)

--Elijah
I have read your material - I see no Biblical evidence that the Law of Moses is still in force and pleny of evidence that it is not. I find your arguments hard to follow.

Please answer this simple question: Do you believe the Law of Moses is still in force or not?

What is your response to Paul's clear statement in Ephesians that that Law of Moses has been abolished?
The law of Moses can no longer be in effect. What transpired in the sanctuary/temple was a type of Christ's sacrifice. When he, the Lamb of God, died, that/those type(s) were no longer even applicable.
This is all just too obvious and was fulfilled step by step.

glorydaz said:
Geo said:

Jesus is called the Lord of the Sabbath. Why is that? It's because the work of the redemption of mankind was completed at the cross. Jesus fulfilled all the law and the prophets. He is now our Sabbath rest. Today is that other day spoken of...the day of salvation. Now, the work of salvation is done.

The work that God is doing is no longer the work of a physical creation but the work of a spiritual creation. He is creating sons in His image. Christ is Redeemer, Deliverer, Savior....He came and redeemed, delivered, and saved....He is the rest. As we enter into His rest, the Sabbath is fulfilled.
Jesus' work of redemption has absolutely nothing to do with Sabbath-keeping or no one would have kept it after him.

Sabbath is part of the rules of God by which we live. Those rules will not, cannot change. God does not change, his rules do not change. That practice applies to earthly rulers who are arbitrary in what they do including the laws they give.

If the Sabbath is fulfilled, then the other commandments are as well and we do not have to bother with them. In other words, we can kill at will, etc. Strange, that one commandment is so obnoxious to folks that they are willing to make up all kinds of theories about why they are no longer obliged. Or is it?

Ahuli said:
glorydaz said:

Jesus' work of redemption has absolutely nothing to do with Sabbath-keeping or no one would have kept it after him.

Sabbath is part of the rules of God by which we live. Those rules will not, cannot change. God does not change, his rules do not change. That practice applies to earthly rulers who are arbitrary in what they do including the laws they give.

If the Sabbath is fulfilled, then the other commandments are as well and we do not have to bother with them. In other words, we can kill at will, etc. Strange, that one commandment is so obnoxious to folks that they are willing to make up all kinds of theories about why they are no longer obliged. Or is it?
Some of the Jews continued in their traditions for a time...that does not mean we should? To say we can kill at will is silly. Jesus said we aren't even to hate or we've killed already. Why must you take such large leaps of logic in order to make a point that shouldn't be made in the first place. Every single moment of every single day we are to partake of the Sabbath rest. The New Testament is a higher calling than the Old and yet so many cling to it like it is life itself. :confused

glorydaz said:
Every single moment of every single day we are to partake of the Sabbath rest. The New Testament is a higher calling than the Old and yet so many cling to it like it is life itself. :confused

I am sorrrry that your are confused! :crying But if you wold just read the forth required commandment, you 'mighy' just see that it says much more that your remark of doing nothing.
--Elijah

Elijah674 said:
glorydaz said:
Every single moment of every single day we are to partake of the Sabbath rest. The New Testament is a higher calling than the Old and yet so many cling to it like it is life itself. :confused

I am sorrrry that your are confused! :crying But if you wold just read the forth required commandment, you 'mighy' just see that it says much more that your remark of doing nothing.
--Elijah

I'm sorry you're' confused, too, but I will let no man judge me on shadows.

We're not to esteem one day above another and we're certainly not to judge our brothers over their keeping of the sabbath...which was but a shadow of Christ.
Colossians 2:15-17 said:
And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Hi, this is where we mightily disagree! :crying God wrote the Covenant His way only! Isa. 8:20 He had human/man/kind who He 'inspired' to write His Words as.. human 'Holy men of God' who described their inspiration in their own personal wordings! Think why the Godhead had Christ come in SINFUL DECAYED FLESH? This is the same reason They had human decayed mankind do the 'testimony' part! Why did they do it this way? You figure it out!

Unless of course, that you think that the Holy Spirit used words like Heb. 12:8's bastards? Or 1 Sam. 25:22-34 piss? Or 2 Kings 18:22's more of mans descriptive wordings. No, you will NEVER convince me that those are the Godheads choice of Words.

And sabbaths? You do know that the day Christ rested (dead) in the tomb was a high day, do you not? John 19:30-31? (+) Notice that the Lamb was to slain at the evening offering of sacrifice, Friday the preparation day. The day of atonement. And plural?? *Sabbath & sabbath. (is that what you are asking?)

That is what Colossians call them ALL! Verse 16 '.. of an holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath day(s), ..." (plural) (law of ORDINANCE'S' plural as seen in Eph. 2:15)

"..Why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ORDINANCE(S)" Col. 2:20

"And Moses wrote this law, ... when Moses made an end of the writings of this law in a book, ... put this law [in the side] of the Ark of the Covenant of the Lord your God.." Deut. 31:9 & 24-26 in part. (what was [inside] the Ark? see 1 Kings 8:9, later on Moses rod that buddeth was added)

What were the laws that Moses wrote that were finished at the cross on the Day of Atonement, that ended all animal slayings at Christ's death?

"Even after a certain rate every day, offering according [to the commandments of Moses], on the sabbath's', (plural) and on the new moon's', (plural) and on the *solemn feast's', (plural) three time's' a year, even the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of week's', (plural) and in the feast of tabernacles's'. (again plural) You did catch the plural of sabbaths?

These were not the Sabbath (singular) of the Eternal 7th. day Sabbath that the Godhead blessed and Set aside for Holy use at creation week. These sabbath's' all came to the front in Exodus 25. See verse 8 All of these days had special meaning for these ones to know what God planed for then. If any wanted to understand God's way for us today, what better study that this??

"And let them make ME a Sanctuary; that I may dwell among them." v. 8
And David in Psalms 77:13?? "THY WAY, O GOD, IS IN THE SANCTUARY: ."

We as a people see that the Vail separating the Holy from the Most Holy place was rent from top to bottom by an unseen hand at the death of the Master, making the way into the second compartment where He is seen in the book of Heb. doing His closing work. This study would have one understand that the Most Holy place in heaven is still the study of Exodus from the Vail on!

And has NOTHING much seen pertaining to the laws that were nailed to the cross as being finished! And that were past/tense put in the side of the Ark of God. You can read Rev. 11:18-19 at the Judgement time & see Heaven Opened and what [IS STILL THERE] in Christ's Temple. And the Royal Eternal Ark STILL HAS THEIR TESTIMONY [INSIDE] of it! (and as far as anyones judgement go? This Covenant standard to LOVE GOD will find them Saved or Lost! not what they claim, but what their life lieved! Eccl. 12:13-14)

--Elijah

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back