Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Do you see "paper" books/materials going obsolete in the next few decades?

Classik

"Paper" books/materials vs Digital books, palmtop etc

images
images
images
images
images

images
images
images

Re: Do you see "paper" books/materials going extinct in the next few decades?

Digital stuff are quite wonderful. A digital book can contain a billion words - yet could be as small as a palm:)
...Of course we know the uncountable merits of such books.

However, I have a particular fondness and love for "paper" books:) I feel kind of glad reading from a bible than from a laptop or paltop etc

I enjoy reading novels! I like "paper" novels, especially the light brown ones with smooth texture...of course with tiny prints (e.g You Can't Go Home Again - By Thomas Wolfe)

Technological advancement is quite good. But, do we think "paper" books/materials will completely disappear from the world?

What business does "paper" books/materials have with EMF bomb and radiations?

Memory devices (digital) are still not completely reliable - a little radiation can corrupt or erase an important information stored in certain devices

Can we list some advantages of "paper" books over digital books?

I hope not.....I enjoy reading books.

Yeah, and we were supposed to be a paperless society when the Personal Computer became popular.
:lol
Been there, heard that. :D

When I want to search for something on my desk I have to file an archeological dig permit with the state. In triplicate.
:D

Yeah, and we were supposed to be a paperless society when the Personal Computer became popular.

When I want to search for something on my desk I have to file an archeological dig permit with the state. In triplicate.

I love books: the pleasant smell, rustle, taste, sizes etc

I recently saw a CCTV broadcast on digital books for students. It was a wonderful broadcast which made me ask the question: 'Does China hate paper? Very soon students would all abandon books and embrace this D-books. It'll help alot, I know.

But, I will never forget my terrible experience (I could have used paper). I recorded something unto a memory device. Suddenly I lost all data:shocked. I wanted to die that period...and the pain is still in my heart

'HEAVEN FORBID!!!" I do not do much reading except my Bible and when this one gets worn out as the past two I have had in my life that if we went paperless how would I write in every nook and granny of my Bible when I get the margins filled up. We better not go paperless as I have a book pending publishing right now and working on another one.

Not the Bible.....the Bible will be eternal and will always be a book till "God" says otherwise lol

I can see books being left behind, and that will be sad. When my kids and their kids grow up, I can see digital books taking over. Of course the best sellers will be written like:

"hey wuzzup? ttyl. lol." "idk. doin hw." :lol

Seriously, current teens and older might find book irreplaceable, but I can see an age when they aren't used at all. Half of our 16-year-old's text books are digital.

Provided digital devices continue to be available to more & more people; Yes, paper books will be obsolete. This isn't to say that the act of obtaining knowledge thru reading will be obsolete.

Paper books won't go the way of the buggy whip, though. More like the way of the vinyl record (niche market).

'HEAVEN FORBID!!!" I do not do much reading except my Bible and when this one gets worn out as the past two I have had in my life that if we went paperless how would I write in every nook and granny of my Bible when I get the margins filled up. We better not go paperless as I have a book pending publishing right now and working on another one.

I write everywhere too: on calendars, newpapers, jotters, diaries etc - and seem to make jotting faster.

But, trust technology, paper might completely disaapear - and we'd get used to D-books

Not the Bible.....the Bible will be eternal and will always be a book till "God" says otherwise lol

:thumbsup
For about a month now I have not used my bible, I have been my electronic device. And it sucks. :readbible is the best

thats what you get for living in the north. you wouldnt have that problem in the consertive south

uh newspapers? they are going bye bye.

Jasoncran, you are scaring people away by mentioning "newspapers". I know how much people worship newspapers. I want them to remain here with us:lol

A lot of things will happen, should paper disappear from the surface of the earth:

No more calendars, no more jotters, no more paper bibles, no more hymn books (and individuals would be made to buy D-Hymn Books. And believe me, alot of them will be stolen), no more posters, no more stickers etc

No more childhood romance:heart
As kids we used to tear part of our note and write love stuff to the opposite sex and then secretly hide them in their bags:thumbsup.

Some husbands are so funny. Most of them write pleasant things on paper and put them in their wives bags, pockets etc. And women do likewise.

Of course we should expect digital toilet paper - no more
images
. We will miss the fun: most toilet papers contain some educative information on them, and some people spend eternity reading them.

Do you chew gum? All the paper used contain certain information written on them.

Paper can't disappear, in fact...a lot of stuff made by companies are wrapped over with paper labels.

:nono2 dont get me started on the newspaper industry. lets say for now i have a necessary parasetic relationship with that devil.

when this paper cries out about the rich raping the poor and so forth., my stomach turns, those who have worked for any paper know that its all about $$ and not the truth.

contraversy sells.

Paper books will go the way of the record; they're still around but they're a niche item for those few who prefer them.
That reminds me... my friend's daughter, who is now 18, said at the age of 4, "Ooh look, a big cd", when seeing one of her dad's old LPs.:lol

Don't laugh, but I still use my turntable once in a while. :yes

Books won't become obsolete, but they will become antiquated.

:nono2 dont get me started on the newspaper industry. lets say for now i have a necessary parasetic relationship with that devil.

when this paper cries out about the rich raping the poor and so forth., my stomach turns, those who have worked for any paper know that its all about $$ and not the truth.

contraversy sells.

You're right, though

And they lie alot on soccer transfer matters

Back