Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Do you support OSAS(once saved always saved)?

I would suggest that God deals with us where we are not where we will end up. If we knew someone was going to commit a crime in 5 years we wouldn't put them in prison today.
I believe that before we are born we will be written in "The Lambs book of Life".God knows who will be saved and go to heaven.God also knows who will committ a crime in their life time.God knows who will never except Him.

I believe they're all the same.
I believe that "The Lambs book of Life" and the "Book of Life" are the same.That is the book of those who are saved.It is different from "The Book of the Living".That is the book for the unsaved which will be read during the Great White Throne Judgment.I think everyone is written in this book but I am not sure.Maybe just the unbelievers.

I believe that every human who has been born and has breath and a pulse has an opportunity to come to Christ.It is a choice.God died for everyone.

I believe that before we are born we will be written in "The Lambs book of Life".God knows who will be saved and go to heaven.God also knows who will committ a crime in their life time.God knows who will never except Him.

That may be the case, however, God is just and putting someone in prison before they have committed a crime isn't. Therefore, I would suggest that when a man follows the Lord his name is added to the book. If and when he stops following it is then that his name is removed. The man is punished when the crime is committed.

All those who call themselves Christians and attend Church are not going to inherit the Kingdom of Heaven.
Where do OSASers get the confidence that they are not one of them?

How do they know that they themselves will not be among those in OSAS doctrine that fail showing themselves ultimately to have been not saved all along?

I believe that "The Lambs book of Life" and the "Book of Life" are the same.That is the book of those who are saved.It is different from "The Book of the Living".That is the book for the unsaved which will be read during the Great White Throne Judgment.I think everyone is written in this book but I am not sure.Maybe just the unbelievers.
Do you have anything from Scripture to support this view?

That may be the case, however, God is just and putting someone in prison before they have committed a crime isn't. Therefore, I would suggest that when a man follows the Lord his name is added to the book. If and when he stops following it is then that his name is removed. The man is punished when the crime is committed.
I'm getting the little birdy avatars mixed up, lol. I was reading this thinking Deborah wrote it and I was like 'gasp!' she's changed her stripes!

Do you think that God does not have the ability to know before someone is born if they will inherit the Kingdom of Heaven?Aren't you limiting God?

Do you have anything from Scripture to support this view?

Another passage over which confusion sometimes arises is Psalm 69:28: “Let them [David’s enemies] be blotted out of the book of the living.” This “book of the living” should not be confused with the Lamb’s Book of Life. David is referring to earthly, physical life, not eternal life in heaven. The same is true of the “book” mentioned in Exodus 32:32-33.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/book-of-life.html#ixzz2ug3GaW6v

Psalm 69
27 Add iniquity to their iniquity,
And let them not come into Your righteousness.
28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living,
And not be written with the righteous.

Another passage over which confusion sometimes arises is Psalm 69:28: “Let them [David’s enemies] be blotted out of the book of the living.” This “book of the living” should not be confused with the Lamb’s Book of Life. David is referring to earthly, physical life, not eternal life in heaven. The same is true of the “book” mentioned in Exodus 32:32-33.

Where is this stated in scripture?

Exodus 32
32 Yet now, if You will forgive their sin—but if not, I pray, blot me out of Your book which You have written.”
33 And the Lord said to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book.

Why does God need a book that pertains to earthly physical life?

All these books are one book. The Book of Life.

Do you think that God does not have the ability to know before someone is born if they will inherit the Kingdom of Heaven?Aren't you limiting God?

Actually, Kathi, the Scriptures don't tell us either way. I usually accept the premise in a discussion so that the discussion can continue. However, I don't build my doctrines on that. As far as limiting God, no one can do that, however that doesn't mean God doesn't have limits.

Back