Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does Demon Possession get confused with the Concurrent Resurrection of the Spirit Body within the Physical?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Any time that I provided specific scriptural quotes which proved my point definitively, you did not respond to those proofs. I was being polite, and I allowed you to bow out gracefully, and so I did not then point out your failure to respond. I honored your tacit admission of my proofs.
I thought I had read and addressed everything, but maybe I missed some things then. If you would point them out, I will try and address them.

Not progressive salvation, which would not be completed until some point after it was begun, but rather incremental salvation. Incremental salvation is found most poignantly in;
Isa 12:3 Therefore with joy you will draw water From the wells of salvation.
Plural.
Think of a desert caravan. Each well on the way is salvation. Salvation that is complete in itself, but not complete as to the final destination.
It is dangerous and poor theology to make a doctrine out of one verse. There is nothing even in the context to suggest successive wells that are to be understood as incremental salvation.

In all likelihood, it is a reference to God's past, continuous provision for the Israelites when they were in the desert, and, therefore, refers to God's unlimited abundance for salvation in the future. There are numerous biblical references to God's salvation being likened to water in both the OT and NT, one of which is John 4:7-14.

Yes, cookie-cutter Christianity. Chop, and there's another one. Everything lumped all together,
Not sure how this addresses what I posted.

except for all the things which are problematic for worldly government, which things are conveniently eliminated by postponement. Very pat. Just stand up, sit down, kneel, pay, and repeat. Or else. Bye-bye cruel world, and fallen Church.
What are you talking about here?

I'm free.
Free of what and free for what? Be very, very careful in being "free."

Tiskk, tiskk, child. Consider your heart, and know that your mind is confused. Only then will you truly begin to learn. Tell me, am I being condescending, or compassionate? You do not know. Perhaps this is too much for you. I am not forcing you to it. Yet, I am an offense to you. For I love God and my brethren, and seek the good in sharing my understanding of the Word and the scripture. Towards this end I have found that there is a way to be reconciled to faithful Jews and Faithful Islamics, but I have not presented that in this thread. I have said nothing about any other religions. Neither have I said anything about idols. Rather, I have spoken of earth angels, as being the sons of the resurrection. All that I have written I have substantiated with scripture, even to the extent that I have proven it to be true. Yet you, though yet a child spiritually, are not able to become as a little child in your mind and heart, to set aside your preconceptions, and enter into the kingdom with true understanding. For yes, one does not enter into the kingdom of God unless one is born of the Spirit.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

1Co_2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

It is not the spirit of scholarship, it is not a pep-rally spirit, it is the Spirit of God.
You are not ready to make the advancements that I have been writing about, but that's alright. It's probable that you may be so, in your next life, perhaps. Hopefully, my work will contribute to your success then.

Be blessed, be well.
You are condescending towards others that do not agree with you as you say we know nothing and only think with a carnal mind. Keep this up and you will be banned from CF for violation the Terms of Service.

I nor anyone has a problem with how you want to believe and that is your choice of what you believe, but when you expect everyone to agree with you it is not going to happen and making condescending remarks is not showing brotherly love at all. Most of what you present is not Biblical, but only what you have learned from those you follow.

Learn how to respect others if you want others to respect you. Let this be a warning.

YES, I have considered in mine own heart how doctrines I once held to shut up the kingdom of heaven. I have considered the words of Jesus when the disciples asked if they should call down fire from heaven as did Elijah, and when he said know you not what Spirit you are of? I too considered this within my heart: the Spirit of Christ or the Spirit of Elijah? Do you know not which Spirit you are of? I have considered in my heart John the Baptist, he being of the Spirit of Elijah, and the gospel of repentance from sin. I have considered in my heart the doctrine of repentance from sin, and how it only brought me so far as the foot of the cross. The doctrines of repentance could take me no further than the death of Christ, and kept me bound there, on this side of the cross. And I considered in my heart, though John among the greatest among men, those that are the least in the kingdom of heaven are greater than he.

Yes, I have considered these things within mine own heart. And within mine own heart, I have found the kingdom of heaven.

If I should stand before the great white throne judgement and God should ask me if I acted the hypocrite or strained at the gnat? I could Yes; and not demand of God whereunto did I strain at a gnat?
Going to move past this as apparently you have misunderstood what I have said about the Pharisees so you have a good evening.

Going to move past this as apparently you have misunderstood what I have said about the Pharisees so you have a good evening.

Oh, indeed, indeed, there shall be no understanding between us. As the dead can not comprehend the living, so the the darkness can not understand the light.

There is no need that you respond to this post, as there would be nothing to be gained of it except a further waste of your time and mine. So if you will, please do not respond to this post. I have but on final thought share. I desire not your answer.

Yes, of the Pharisee Jesus stood in condemnation. Woe unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites.....
Yes, to the Pharisee and to the book learned Jesus stood in condemnation. To the self-righteous Jesus stood in condemnation.

BUT, to the SINNER, Jesus DID NOT stand in condemnation, but instead forgiveness.

If one were to seek after wisdom, they would consider in their hearts the meanings of things, they would consider the sign of Jonah, and consider what became of his latter days. Jonah, a prophet of God sent to deliver a message of repentance. And when God forgave them, Jonah did not believe God. He camped outside on a hill instead waiting to see their judgement and destruction. It is written that judgement begins at the house of God, and for the prophet of God preaching the wrath of God, he should consider in his heart for a sign, the prophet Jonah, and what became of his latter days.

Concerning the challenges of Christian doctrinal discussion I’ve heard it said, “In the essentials UNITY, in the non-essentials LIBERTY, and in all things CHARITY.” I do not wish to be a deterrent to anyone who wishes to walk with the Lord. Indeed, the scripture says that we should try to be an offense to no one. Though the offense of the gospel is inherently present from the perspective of the world, yet in our presentation of the gospel we are to take care to avoid offense. This applies even when a fellow believer is acting in a manner which is blatantly contrary to scripture. Indeed, we are even urged to say that we have no such tradition, rather than to be contentious. Yet, we are urged to earnestly contend for the faith. The difference is the word, “earnestly”. One who is earnest is speaking in an ingenuous, heartfelt manner. In such a manner one cannot forget that doctrinal dialogue is between people, and a reasonable amount of fundamental respect is needed. As with repentance, doctrinal understanding is a work of God. It cannot be forced upon another. When Jesus said, “compel them to come in”, He did not mean that we should brow-beat each other, or worse. I’m convinced that He meant that we should use strongly persuasive means of convincing others. We should compel them by force of persuasion; line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little.

Or perhaps we might even try to goad them forth from the hedges, and further. Not to cajole, but to sincerely goad them with the blunt truth. As this tactic seldom works, it is generally a last resort. It may even seem to be disrespectful, but on the contrary, cajoling someone with insincere pleasantry would be more disrespectful. If a dialogue eventually gets to the point where it is clear that someone is consistently not going to genuinely evaluate and consider my perspective, then blunt tactics may be used, though it is not likely to compel them in. At least, in parting ways, they may gain some understanding of how their demeanor has been perceived.

I have further heard it said, “Perhaps the best proof of the truth of Christianity is that it continues to survive despite its leaders”. To err is human. To then come to a greater understanding of scripture is godly. Sometimes that means that one must stand against Church, State, and the resultant society as well. Yet, truth before it’s time is a lie. However, I believe that the time has come for the truth that I bear. I knew that in bringing it forth, some would view me not as “Ye are gods... to whom the word of God came [Manifested]”, but rather as their historically misconstrued doctrine has designed; Ye are teraphim, that are demon possessed devils. But I know the truth, and the truth has set me free. My concern now is not so much with my self, but with those who suffer through, without as great a capacity to understand. For this reason I persevere.

“Not by [political] power, not by [military] might, but by My Spirit says the Lord.”
Indeed, the Spirit of God is the Power by which we receive the Holy Spirit by faith. I have in every way upheld the common salvation as the solid foundation, that’s the foundation of the earth, upon which I build according to scripture, as a master builder. All things consist, even as a peg in a secure place, for much time and care have been taken in this work of God, to be revealed in these end times.

Be blessed, be well.

I have further heard it said, “Perhaps the best proof of the truth of Christianity is that it continues to survive despite its leaders”. To err is human. To then come to a greater understanding of scripture is godly. Sometimes that means that one must stand against Church, State, and the resultant society as well. Yet, truth before it’s time is a lie. However, I believe that the time has come for the truth that I bear. I knew that in bringing it forth, some would view me not as “Ye are gods... to whom the word of God came [Manifested]”, but rather as their historically misconstrued doctrine has designed; Ye are teraphim, that are demon possessed devils. But I know the truth, and the truth has set me free. My concern now is not so much with my self, but with those who suffer through, without as great a capacity to understand. For this reason I persevere.
And, yet, I can say with absolute certainty that transmigration of souls/reincarnation is not truth and has no place in a Christian's worldview. That idea is found nowhere in the Bible nor in orthodox, historic Christianity.

You said previously to another user that "You do not define Christianity, God does." And that is precisely my point.

For so the Lord selected, and not I;
Mat 23:12 And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
Mat 23:13 "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.

For so I selected;
Rom 3:4 Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: "THAT YOU MAY BE JUSTIFIED IN YOUR WORDS, AND MAY OVERCOME WHEN YOU ARE JUDGED."
Shall God be called a liar?

Psa 90:4 For a thousand years in Your sight Are like yesterday when it is past, And like a watch in the night.
2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The prophetic device of equating a day to a thousand years is proven thus;
Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat;
Gen 2:17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."
Gen 3:4 Then the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die.
Gen 5:5 So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died.
Shall God be called a liar, as did the serpent?
We surely believe, unto Life, eternally abiding.

Be blessed, be well.

For so the Lord selected, and not I;
Mat 23:12 And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
Mat 23:13 "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.

For so I selected;
Rom 3:4 Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: "THAT YOU MAY BE JUSTIFIED IN YOUR WORDS, AND MAY OVERCOME WHEN YOU ARE JUDGED."
Shall God be called a liar?
What do you mean by posting this? What does it have to do with the topic?

Psa 90:4 For a thousand years in Your sight Are like yesterday when it is past, And like a watch in the night.
2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat;
Gen 2:17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."
Gen 5:5 So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died.
Shall God be called a liar, as did the serpent?
We surely believe, unto Life, eternally abiding.

Be blessed, be well.
Except that there is no "equating a day to a thousand years," as both passages you cite are using similies. Again, what does this have to do with the topic? I don't see the connection.

Except that there is no "equating a day to a thousand years," as both passages you cite are using similies. Again, what does this have to do with the topic? I don't see the connection.

I have to remind myself that sometimes it is difficult to see the forest for the trees. So, I will try to train myself to the plow, and turn the furrows before the fields. In other words, I will spell it out.

This is a scriptural proof. I added bold-faced type to bring attention to the aspects of the quoted material which bears particular relevance to the fore-given statement.

The statement which I proved is that it is a valid prophetic device used in the Bible to equate a day to a thousand years. It is therefore not a simile.

The proof works like this. God said to Adam that he would surely die in the day that he ate of the forbidden fruit. Adam did not die in that literal day. Adam did die in the thousand-year day, because he died when he was 930 years old. Therefore, the prophetic (symbolic) method of using one day to indicate a one thousand year period of time is valid. A one-thousand year day may be capitalized, as in Day.

To say otherwise is to call God a liar, when actually "let God be true but every man a liar" Rom3:4.

The relevance to the confusion of demon possession with the general concurrent resurrection of the spirit body within the physical body is somewhat circumstantial, admittedly. When I think back, I think that I started discussing this as a result of getting into my soteriology, which was a result of your comparison of my belief in transmigration to Gnosticism. As Gnosticism is more well known for it's perspective on salvation, I decided to digress somewhat into my soteriological perspective of incremental salvation, which requires multiple hastened Days to effect. The other alternative is literal days, which would not make sense of the relevant scriptures. If you would prefer to discontinue this part of the debate, after I won the Day, then that's fine. Your tacit admission of my proofs has been effective so far.

Be blessed, be well.

Back