Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does Demon Possession get confused with the Concurrent Resurrection of the Spirit Body within the Physical?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Matthew 23:13
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Matthew 23:15
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Matthew 23:24
Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

Matthew 23:27
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Much of the discussion in this thread has discussed the two types of resurrection as mentioned in Daniel 12 and John 5. The resurrection to life, and the resurrection to damnation. Both are in Christ, the living and the dead (Rom 14:9).

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

For all the talk of baptisms, when you first believe in Jesus and begin to call yourselves Christians and are baptized, you are baptized into the death of Christ; baptized into death, you are in the resurrection of damnation, or maybe better said the resurrected under death and judgement. But these are Christians, thought they may not yet have attained to the resurrection to life.

For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

Might it be said the the dead in Christ, those who have been baptized into Christ, who really do believe in Jesus, just don't know him? Not like the living do, but they are faithful in their belief. It is one thing to study the scriptures and learn of the word of God. It is quite another thing to actually LET IT IN, and let it become a part of you.

Take for instant the word unto the Pharisees. I have received resistance to the thought of being able to learn from the Pharisees. And the question is why is that? Well, as Christians here, there be among us both the living and the dead. Those who remain dead in Christ, have not yet humbled themselves. When they read the scriptures, woe unto you scribes and Pharisees... they see themselves as Jesus rising up in condemnation against the Pharisees, seating themselves as if they were God. They are of the resurrection to damnation.

If you are not one who can read the scriptures, woe unto you scribes and Pharisees... As a Pharisee yourself; And receive the actual word and condemnation given, then you are not allowing the WORD INTO YOU. Not are you allowing it to be written on your hearts. Without the Word in You, there can be no resurrection to life!

@Free has nothing to apologize for as he has been showing you grace.

Here is the meaning of the member name you chose to use even if you use too "r" so what does this say about yourself and what you believe in the false teachings you are trying to teach others. Friend, you need to be very concerned about your soul and where you will spend eternity.
I did not involve you in this apology. Other than his falsely accusing me of tending towards Gnosticism, he has been attending to my posts in this thread with considerable diligence, as have you. You may consider that to be grace, if you will, however it often seems to me to be overbearing. I has been a tedious chore to review your puerile doctrine. I can see that you do not really consider me to be your friend, sister, but remember, that is how you wanted it to be. Up until now I have borne long with you, though now I may be short.

Terra-phim
Terra Earth
Seraphim Angel
Luk 20:36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
It would have been easier for you to ask what the name meant.

Concerning teraphim, however, just what was the mystery that Rachel was sitting on? Come, tell me if you know, or have you disregarded and forgotten what I taught you? Yes, Rachel was loved, and Jacob did undergo the concurrent resurrection.

Thanks for the education in how to exercise a smear campaign, but I can assure you that I have endured far greater from Christians and heathens alike. Do not forget that you are not talking to a computer, but rather to a man, but more than a man, and I am older than fifty. Feel free to not post, if my considerable scholarship and contrary proofs offend your sense of superiority. You do not define Christianity, God does. Yes, I have scolded you as a child. Even so,

Be blessed, be well.

I did not involve you in this apology. Other than his falsely accusing me of tending towards Gnosticism, he has been attending to my posts in this thread with considerable diligence, as have you. You may consider that to be grace, if you will, however it often seems to me to be overbearing. I has been a tedious chore to review your puerile doctrine. I can see that you do not really consider me to be your friend, sister, but remember, that is how you wanted it to be. Up until now I have borne long with you, though now I may be short.

Terra-phim
Terra Earth
Seraphim Angel
Luk 20:36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

Concerning teraphim, however, just what was the mystery that Rachel was sitting on? Come, tell me if you know, or have you disregarded and forgotten what I taught you? Yes, Rachel was loved, and Jacob did undergo the concurrent resurrection.

Thanks for the education in how to exercise a smear campaign, but I can assure you that I have endured far greater from Christians and heathens alike. Do not forget that you are not talking to a computer, but rather to a man, but more than a man, and I am older than fifty. Feel free to not post, if my considerable scholarship and contrary proofs offend your sense of superiority. You do not define Christianity, God does. Yes, I have scolded you as a child. Even so,

Be blessed, be well.

I thought to respond to that post myself, but thought better of it. I should learn from your grace.

Hi, I just wanted to say hello, and welcome to the thread, if I've forgotten to welcome you. It's nice to get some elaboration of your point of view. Sorry that things have become somewhat tedious and nasty here. It's not the best way to gain understanding, but we all do the best that we can, I suppose. So, here's a thought about scripture;
Much of the discussion in this thread has discussed the two types of resurrection as mentioned in Daniel 12 and John 5. The resurrection to life, and the resurrection to damnation. Both are in Christ, the living and the dead (Rom 14:9).
It seems to me that the context of Rom14:9 is concerning the brethren, and not the world, and life and death in this verse is literal. So, the dead and the living in Christ are Christians who are in the world still, along with Christians who have passed on. Being baptized into his death is a part of counting the cost. I would like to further explain this later. Mortification of the flesh is something other than that aspect of counting the cost. That's all for now. It's late, and I'm too tired for this.

Be blessed, be well.

Terra-phim
Terra Earth
Seraphim Angel

Be blessed, be well.
It doesn't matter how old you are as I am 67 and always studying being approved by God and not mans approval. Am I always right, no, but appreciate those who have a greater Spiritual knowledge then I have that the Holy Spirit works through to correct me when needed. No one is smearing you, but trying to show you that you are grouping all religions into one as being of God and this is not true as we have been explaining that to you by using scripture and showing you who the gods are in Buddhism and Hinduism as they have many. If we did not love you as a brother than we would not waste our time explaining all of this with you.

You have taught us nothing, but only believing all religions are the same, which we have been disproving to you that of the false doctrines you follow as far as other worldly religions. It would do you well to go back and study the scriptures we gave you instead of being stiffnecked against them. I showed you what the word Terraphim means and it has nothing to do with Seraphim or even Cherubim and Luke 20:36 is talking about the resurrection of man and has nothing to do with any angels, but says about us being equal unto angels.

I have continually stressed the words "learn from" and you continually restate my intention as the word "follow." Why is that? In your previous post you answered "Yes" when I asked if you understood the difference, but I'm doubting that.

Are you telling me when you read the scriptures concerning the Pharisees, that there is absolutely nothing to learn from them and what they did that you might consider and apply to your own Christian walk?
I said they talk the talk as teaching the Torah and that is the only thing we can learn from them by studying the Torah, but to also learn not to walk as they walked. That is all I meant.

I said they talk the talk as teaching the Torah and that is the only thing we can learn from them by studying the Torah, but to also learn not to walk as they walked. That is all I meant.

And how do you take the word unto the Pharisees? When you read those words, do you do so with the condemnation as Jesus toward the Pharisees? Or have you been able to receive the word knowing yourself as the Pharisee?

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Have you stopped to consider your own doctrine and how you might be shutting up the kingdom of heaven against men? How that your own doctrines might be keeping yourself from entering in?

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Have you considered how your doctrines might make the proselyte twofold more the child of hell?

Have you considered all the ways that you yourself strain at a gnat?

Perhaps you think yourself to be better that the Pharisees? If so, that would not be consistent with the teachings of Jesus and Paul.

And how do you take the word unto the Pharisees? When you read those words, do you do so with the condemnation as Jesus toward the Pharisees? Or have you been able to receive the word knowing yourself as the Pharisee?

Have you stopped to consider your own doctrine and how you might be shutting up the kingdom of heaven against men? How that your own doctrines might be keeping yourself from entering in?

Have you considered how your doctrines might make the proselyte twofold more the child of hell?

Have you considered all the ways that you yourself strain at a gnat?

Perhaps you think yourself to be better that the Pharisees? If so, that would not be consistent with the teachings of Jesus and Paul.
You know darn well I am only talking about the Pharisees in the Bible. I don't know why you are taking this in a different direction.

Have you considered your own words you wrote, as when you point a finger three of those fingers point back to you. Sorry but I do not strain at gnats and I know I am not a blind guide and how dare you insinuating I teach false doctrines of devils. I was hoping that you and I could get along better, but see that is not going to happen within our discussions.

Mat 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
Mat 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
Mat 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
Mat 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
Mat 23:5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
Mat 23:6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
Mat 23:7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
Mat 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
Mat 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Mat 23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
Mat 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
Mat 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Yes, as a matter of fact in the past on this forum I have explain how the boots I wore in my gospel armor I found to be boots of destruction. Yes, I understand how the doctrines I used to espouse shut up the kingdom of heaven against men. I have studied the scriptures extensively, I have used an Interlinear and a Strong's to check and review the meaning of the original languages; I have handled the scriptures and the manuscripts as a Scribe and a Pharisee. In my heart I have known myself to be as a Scribe and as a Pharisee, full of hypocrisy.

I have even known myself to be a man of Sin, a son that was going into perdition as described in Thessalonians. I do not look for any anti-Christ figure as do you. I have been freed that.

Have you considered your own words you wrote, as when you point a finger three of those fingers point back to you. Sorry but I do not strain at gnats and I know I am not a blind guide and how dare you insinuating I teach false doctrines of devils. I was hoping that you and I could get along better, but see that is not going to happen within our discussions.

It is amazing how some people will resist the word of the Lord, but that too is written. I neither accused you nor insinuated anything towards the doctrines you teach. I simply asked if you had considered these things for yourself in your heart. If you have not, then that is between you and God, not between you and me.

Faith cometh by hearing the Word of God...

Isa 44:18-19
They have not known nor understood:
for he hath shut their eyes, that they cannot see;
and their hearts, that they cannot understand.
And none considereth in his heart,
neither is there knowledge nor understanding to say
I have burned part of it in the fire;
yea, also I have baked bread upon the coals thereof;
I have roasted flesh, and eaten it:
and shall I make the residue thereof an abomination?
shall I fall down to the stock of a tree?

Have you stopped to consider

Have you considered how

Have you considered all the ways

What have you considered in your heart?

and how dare you insinuating I teach false doctrines of devils.

In post #218, you went into some extended dissertation accusing Terraphim of having some devilish user name, when he politely told you what his username meant to him, you doubled down on your accusation in a subsequent post. No, that conversation is none of my business. But please do tell for us all, where cometh the doctrine and teaching in the words of your post #218?

I was hoping that you and I could get along better, but see that is not going to happen within our discussions.

I too was hoping, but if you are going to be prone to taking everything as some personal attack against you, then you are not really open to a discussion to begin with.

Good day

YES, I have considered in mine own heart how doctrines I once held to shut up the kingdom of heaven. I have considered the words of Jesus when the disciples asked if they should call down fire from heaven as did Elijah, and when he said know you not what Spirit you are of? I too considered this within my heart: the Spirit of Christ or the Spirit of Elijah? Do you know not which Spirit you are of? I have considered in my heart John the Baptist, he being of the Spirit of Elijah, and the gospel of repentance from sin. I have considered in my heart the doctrine of repentance from sin, and how it only brought me so far as the foot of the cross. The doctrines of repentance could take me no further than the death of Christ, and kept me bound there, on this side of the cross. And I considered in my heart, though John among the greatest among men, those that are the least in the kingdom of heaven are greater than he.

Yes, I have considered these things within mine own heart. And within mine own heart, I have found the kingdom of heaven.

If I should stand before the great white throne judgement and God should ask me if I acted the hypocrite or strained at the gnat? I could Yes; and not demand of God whereunto did I strain at a gnat?

Last edited:

Matthew 23:27
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
Sounds like Jesus didn't think they were believers either.

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

For all the talk of baptisms, when you first believe in Jesus and begin to call yourselves Christians and are baptized, you are baptized into the death of Christ; baptized into death, you are in the resurrection of damnation, or maybe better said the resurrected under death and judgement. But these are Christians, thought they may not yet have attained to the resurrection to life.

For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
I'm not quite sure what you're saying here, but the resurrection to life is for all believers and the resurrection to judgement is for all unbelievers.

Might it be said the the dead in Christ, those who have been baptized into Christ, who really do believe in Jesus, just don't know him? Not like the living do, but they are faithful in their belief. It is one thing to study the scriptures and learn of the word of God. It is quite another thing to actually LET IT IN, and let it become a part of you.
What are you saying here?

Sounds like Jesus didn't think they were believers either.

Still trying to bend the definition of believer to your own understanding I see.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here, but the resurrection to life is for all believers and the resurrection to judgement is for all unbelievers.

The resurrection to life is for those believers who know their own salvation in the Lord. The resurrection to judgement is for all those believers who hold fast to the message of repentance and the message of the Cross for the forgiveness of sins, still waiting upon the hope of salvation.

What are you saying here?

Doesn't matter, you can't get beyond who might be a believer. Maybe you don't recognized a Christian who believes in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ upon the Cross for the forgiveness of sin as a believer. If a Christian is still waiting upon their hope of their salvation, are they then not a believer?

It doesn't matter how old you are as I am 67 and always studying being approved by God and not mans approval. Am I always right, no, but appreciate those who have a greater Spiritual knowledge then I have that the Holy Spirit works through to correct me when needed. No one is smearing you, but trying to show you that you are grouping all religions into one as being of God and this is not true as we have been explaining that to you by using scripture and showing you who the gods are in Buddhism and Hinduism as they have many. If we did not love you as a brother than we would not waste our time explaining all of this with you.

You have taught us nothing, but only believing all religions are the same, which we have been disproving to you that of the false doctrines you follow as far as other worldly religions. It would do you well to go back and study the scriptures we gave you instead of being stiffnecked against them. I showed you what the word Terraphim means and it has nothing to do with Seraphim or even Cherubim and Luke 20:36 is talking about the resurrection of man and has nothing to do with any angels, but says about us being equal unto angels.
Tiskk, tiskk, child. Consider your heart, and know that your mind is confused. Only then will you truly begin to learn. Tell me, am I being condescending, or compassionate? You do not know. Perhaps this is too much for you. I am not forcing you to it. Yet, I am an offense to you. For I love God and my brethren, and seek the good in sharing my understanding of the Word and the scripture. Towards this end I have found that there is a way to be reconciled to faithful Jews and Faithful Islamics, but I have not presented that in this thread. I have said nothing about any other religions. Neither have I said anything about idols. Rather, I have spoken of earth angels, as being the sons of the resurrection. All that I have written I have substantiated with scripture, even to the extent that I have proven it to be true. Yet you, though yet a child spiritually, are not able to become as a little child in your mind and heart, to set aside your preconceptions, and enter into the kingdom with true understanding. For yes, one does not enter into the kingdom of God unless one is born of the Spirit.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

1Co_2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

It is not the spirit of scholarship, it is not a pep-rally spirit, it is the Spirit of God.
You are not ready to make the advancements that I have been writing about, but that's alright. It's probable that you may be so, in your next life, perhaps. Hopefully, my work will contribute to your success then.

Be blessed, be well.

Still trying to bend the definition of believer to your own understanding I see.
I have provided evidence from the Bible for the definition I have given. Do you have biblical evidence for yours? I asked previously but maybe I missed your response.

The resurrection to life is for those believers who know their own salvation in the Lord. The resurrection to judgement is for all those believers who hold fast to the message of repentance and the message of the Cross for the forgiveness of sins, still waiting upon the hope of salvation.
Do you have biblical evidence for this? What do you mean by "resurrection to judgement"?

Doesn't matter, you can't get beyond who might be a believer.
Again, I have provided a biblical definition of a believer, and I have yet to see one from you.

Maybe you don't recognized a Christian who believes in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ upon the Cross for the forgiveness of sin as a believer.
What do you mean by this? A Christian is, by definition, some who has put their faith and trust in the Christ of the Bible as Saviour and Lord, and endeavors to follow him in all facets of life.

If a Christian is still waiting upon their hope of their salvation, are they then not a believer?
It depends what you mean by "waiting upon their hope of salvation."

you are baptized into the death of Christ;
I've included counting the cost in my statement of faith at: Terraphim/about. The statement is a bit long, but my point of view is detailed, and must be understood from the juxtaposition perspective. Look for the parenthesis (counting the cost).

I've been thinking about how the attempt to postpone resurrection is actually a tactic of neo-Saducceeism, as it is a method of denying the resurrection, in effect.

Be blessed, be well.

I've been thinking about how the attempt to postpone resurrection is actually a tactic of neo-Saducceeism, as it is a method of denying the resurrection, in effect.
That is begging the question, though. You are presuming the very thing you conclude.

This was a post from a while back, but you may be worth responding to, though you have your modus operandi.
you have also said the Bible teaches reincarnation
Though I didn't phrase it in that manner, I have shown one place which is rather convincing, and there are others which may have bearing. I don't believe that transmigration is a syncretic concept, either from eastern or Gnostic sources. Attempting to characterize it as foreign is simply a method which opponents use to try to discredit it.
The Church is failing for a number of reasons, but lack of belief in transmigration of souls is not one of them. In fact, it highlights one of the reasons the church is failing--New Age beliefs, and those of other religions, that have crept into churches and are accepted almost without question by many.
You are rather concerned with transmigration, which is a fairly minor aspect of my perspective. I'm not primarily speaking about failure based upon New Age beliefs, or even those which some like to categorize as New Age. Rather, the Churches main failings have to do with false main-stream doctrines, and the continued tendency to cling to an authority structure which has gone from being Christian oriented to being overtly satanic. The Church's authority is from God, not man.
there was one faith given to saints
There is one faith given to saints, and one corruption of faith given by the Beasts, especially Rome, but also the two NT beasts as well.
God works through "the establishment,"
Yes, like when God used the fourth OT beast, Babylon, to exercise His corrective action in the Babylonian captivity.
But this is just begging the question as to who it is that is blind. When people who profess Christ also believe things are taught in Scripture which have never been accepted as orthodox teaching in the history of the Church, this is red flag.
The Protestant Reformation is a highway of red flags. Thank you for helping me to place a few more.

Be blessed, be well.

Terraphim said:
That is begging the question, though. You are presuming the very thing you conclude.
Mere rhetoric.

Be blessed, be well.

Last edited:
I think I have read most everything you have posted and I believe I have addressed all your proofs.
Any time that I provided specific scriptural quotes which proved my point definitively, you did not respond to those proofs. I was being polite, and I allowed you to bow out gracefully, and so I did not then point out your failure to respond. I honored your tacit admission of my proofs.
I suppose that could look like salvation is a process or incremental.
Not progressive salvation, which would not be completed until some point after it was begun, but rather incremental salvation. Incremental salvation is found most poignantly in;
Isa 12:3 Therefore with joy you will draw water From the wells of salvation.
Plural.
Think of a desert caravan. Each well on the way is salvation. Salvation that is complete in itself, but not complete as to the final destination.
If you are in Christ, you get all these benefits. It’s all or nothing.
Yes, cookie-cutter Christianity. Chop, and there's another one. Everything lumped all together, except for all the things which are problematic for worldly government, which things are conveniently eliminated by postponement. Very pat. Just stand up, sit down, kneel, pay, and repeat. Or else. Bye-bye cruel world, and fallen Church. I'm free.

Be blessed, be well.

Though I didn't phrase it in that manner, I have shown one place which is rather convincing, and there are others which may have bearing.
Which place is that?

I don't believe that transmigration is a syncretic concept, either from eastern or Gnostic sources. Attempting to characterize it as foreign is simply a method which opponents use to try to discredit it.
If it is foreign to the Scriptures, if it does not appear as a teaching in the Bible, then it is discredited and a belief that no Christian should hold. That is the whole point.

You are rather concerned with transmigration, which is a fairly minor aspect of my perspective.
It is no small thing to teach transmigration as a biblical belief when it is not. God warns us twice that adding to or removing his words from Scripture will have disastrous consequences for those who do it.

I'm not primarily speaking about failure based upon New Age beliefs, or even those which some like to categorize as New Age.
But those dilute the truth, even contradicting Scripture, and lead some into occult practices. This is why there are such warnings in 1 Tim 6:20-21 and 2 Tim 4:1-4.

Rather, the Churches main failings have to do with false main-stream doctrines
Such as?

, and the continued tendency to cling to an authority structure which has gone from being Christian oriented to being overtly satanic.
Which authority structure, there are several, and how is it overtly satanic?

The Church's authority is from God, not man.
True, but don't you think he has also gifted certain people to be in authority and lead his church?

Terraphim said:

Mere rhetoric.
Not at all "mere rhetoric." It is an error in reasoning, which means such an argument should be abandoned.

Back