Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does God choose people to go to Hell?

Does God choose people to go to hell? (Double Predestination)

• Yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Calvinism is often charged with believing that God selected some people to go to Heaven and God selected other people to go to Hell and this selection was made before we were born. The technical term for this is “positive-positive” Double Predestination and teaches that God is equally active in saving some and damning others. This poll is primarily for Calvinists to quantify how common this view is or is not.
In the Calvinistic sense, no, God does not determine ahead of time that some vessels will purposely be made and exist for the express and unchangeable purpose of not saving them. But God will indeed decide to not save vessels of dishonor that have rejected him and will purposely turn them over to destruction:

…they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them. 11For this reason God will send them a powerful delusion so that they believe the lie, 12in order that judgment may come upon all who have disbelieved the truth and delighted in wickedness. 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

I may be a nut At, but I truly think every honest hearted person would be quite angered by a Father who got mad at their son for not doing what he told them and tortured them, burning them with a torch, tearing their flesh with belts, breaking bones, and keeping in mind this is temporary. I would absolutely be repulsed by that individual and want to abuse him. I certainly would not ever give allegiance or reverence to him, no matter if he had the highest authority on earth.
Just for the record:

The reprobate (fancy term for those that live and die forever rejecting Christ and His salvation - like the hard headed Pharisees and the people described at the end of Romans 1) are NOT God's children: They are children of the devil and God's enemies (verses available upon request).​

How God treats His enemies (who want to destroy His children) is very different from how God treats His children.

In the Calvinistic sense, no, God does not determine ahead of time that some vessels will purposely be made and exist for the express and unchangeable purpose of not saving them. But God will indeed decide to not save vessels of dishonor that have rejected him and will purposely turn them over to destruction:

…they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them. 11For this reason God will send them a powerful delusion so that they believe the lie, 12in order that judgment may come upon all who have disbelieved the truth and delighted in wickedness. 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
Oh my ... you and I agree on something.
Perhaps Jesus' return really is imminent. 😊

How God treats His enemies (who want to destroy His children) is very different from how God treats His children.
What? God doesn't love the reprobates and He is not eternally sorrowful that He has to send His loved ones to the Lake of Fire?
:chin :chin hmmm...

I agree that may very well contribute to the lack of understanding. Furthering it a bit, I believe it was a ploy to scare people who had some spirituality into serving God. Serving God out of fear is not His way, serving out of reverential fear (love) like one has for his human father is His way, He never forces anyone to serve Him, rather has given us free will to choose whom we will serve.
There is a use for fear (Jde.1:23), but I agree that our Father wants people to come to him by the great love he has for the lost.
How Jesus propitiated his own wrath against sinners who abused him is astounding. It's the greatest example ever, of Gods' love towards people who didn't love him.

Just for the record:

The reprobate (fancy term for those that live and die forever rejecting Christ and His salvation - like the hard headed Pharisees and the people described at the end of Romans 1) are NOT God's children: They are children of the devil and God's enemies (verses available upon request).​

I made my point sir, and the simple truth is God offers life or death, and we make the choice. But if we choose life, we have agreed to obey the requirements for life.

There is a use for fear (Jde.1:23), but I agree that our Father wants people to come to him by the great love he has for the lost.
How Jesus propitiated his own wrath against sinners who abused him is astounding. It's the greatest example ever, of Gods' love towards people who didn't love him.
Amen to that sir!!! You stated it better than I could have.

I made my point sir, and the simple truth is God offers life or death, and we make the choice. But if we choose life, we have agreed to obey the requirements for life.
Thats law salvation, do and live. In Gospel Salvation Christ had agreed to obey the requirements needed for His Sheep to be saved and given Life Rom 5:18-19

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Thats law salvation, do and live. In Gospel Salvation Christ had agreed to obey the requirements needed for His Sheep to be saved and given Life Rom 5:18-19

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
So what are you saying sir, everyone is saved?

Back