Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Does James 2 Teach Works for Salvation?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
How do we eliminate strife and confusion and come to a biblical understanding? Scripture says be if “one mind one heart” Rom 12:16 rom 15:16 2 cor 13:11 Phil 1:27
We need to lose the us verses them mentality and scripture say we must be taught or instructed!
Lk 1:4
Matt 28:19
Jn 20:21
Acts 8:31
Colossians 2:7

Hopefully we can help each other find that biblical understanding!

Okay thanks

Does eph 2 teach all men are saved? Or does eph 2 refer to redemption already accomplished by Christ?

Eph 2:1 and 2:5 say he quickend us, how did he do so or what does it refer to? How does one put on Christ?

Romans 10:9-10
King James Version
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

I agree that water baptism is a commandment of Christ, but that commandment must be properly carried out.

You are making that commandment a requirement for salvation. Did the ceremony of water baptism baptism die and shed it's blood for you? No, it did not, so why place faith in the work of another man for your salvation to be possible?

You are returning to Law with these commandments!
It is the merits of the blood and of the savior that are applied to our souls by grace in faith and baptism!

It is God who baptizes is!
Ez 36:25-27 (God is speaking)
25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

As God sealed Noah in the ark so it is God who seals us in the ark of salvation the new covenant by faith and baptism Mk 16:16

A way shall be minister unto you, not you make your own way by “faith alone”!

Faith & Baptism is the initiation of the new and eternal covenant!

You cannot enter on you’re own or by “faith alone”!

You cannot receive Christ or grace by “faith alone”!

“Accept Christ as you’re personal lord and savior” is fundamentalist tradition not found scripture!

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Baptismal regeneration a new creation in Christ! 2 Cor 5:17

A sacrament is an oath! A sacred promise from God! Ez 36:25-27
Acts 2:38-39 (this promise)

No baptism no grace!

A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!

Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!

Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22

A covenant requires an outward sign of the inward action of grace!

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Acts 22:16 washing away your sins.

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

1 pet 3:21 baptism saves you.

You cannot enter on you’re own or by faith alone!

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Baptism!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Christ instituted the holy church for the salvation of all men, (repent and believe the gospel, with the institution of the sacraments to convey grace to sanctify souls!

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

“Faith alone” accomplishes nothing!
1 cor 13:2 even all faith (alone) without charity avails NOTHING!!!

Faith and baptism!

Scripture says none of the things about “Faith alone”!

2 Peter 1:11
For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The Christian sacrament of baptism is the Initiation into the new covenant and must be ministered to you by the apostles!

“Faith alone”

Questions

where does scripture says we have died with Christ by “faith alone”?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

where does scripture says we put on Christ by “faith alone”?

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Where does scripture say our sins are washed away by “faith alone”?

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

where does scripture say we are saved or justified by “faith alone”?

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?

How can you enter by your own if it must be ministered to you? Baptism is done unto you, “not do it yourself by faith alone”

Jn 3:5 born again by faith alone?

Where is “Accept Christ as your personal lord & savior” is found in scripture?

They did not go preaching this line but went immediately to the river and baptized Jn 3:22

And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Eph 4:5 one baptism

Why don’t it say one teeny tiny little act of “faith alone”???

When we first believed we are saved?

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

How can salvation be nearer than when we first believed if you’re saved by believing?

1 pet 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.

How can salvation happen when we first believed if it’s the end?

If salvation is by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!
1 cor 13:13 charity is the greatest!

Even all faith much less “faith alone” without charity avails nothing!
1 cor 13:2

“Faith alone” unbiblical!

There is no strife or confusion when you read that which has already been written instead of believing everything that comes out from the pulpit. Nowhere in these verses does it say we have to work for a free gift. Grace does not come by good works, but only comes from the mercy of God that gives everyone a chance to repent and turn back to Him before it's to late when Christ returns. Unfortunately not everyone will. Faith comes by hearing the word, but yet many refuse to hear as they would rather live by the lust of their flesh.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

This teaches that whosoever will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved as God's salvation comes only by His free gift of grace through faith. Christ is our faith as being God's grace even before the foundation of the world, 1Peter 1:18-25.
Are we saved the first moment we believe?

You wrote that "all are redeemed! Christ is the sole redeemer of the world, then we must by faith and baptism accept his redemption and then sanctification and then if we endure to the end salvation!"

I agree that all are redeemed but there is one step that is required: we must accept that redemption, i.e., that we are guilty of sin and deserving of death and eternal separation from God and need to pay the penalty, either 1) by accepting Christ's sacrifice as payment on our behalf, or 2) pay it ourselves. "For there is no distinction, since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; they are now justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus," Romans 3:22b-24. a) All have sinned, b) all are justified by His grace as a gift. However, one must accept the gift! If the gift of Christ's sacrifice and payment for sin isn't accepted, then the individual must pay the price.

Salvation is achieved through Jesus' sacrifice only; there is no other way. Acts 4:12, “There is salvation in no one else [other than Jesus], for there is no other name under heaven given among mortals by which we must be saved.” My added comment, of course.

I disagree with "Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virtue, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love!" If you go to mass and receive the sacraments, fine, then do so, but it is not a requirement for salvation. "Prayer, virtue, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love!" are all essential behaviors for Christians.

Suffering is not required for glorification with Christ! There is no redemption achieved by suffering at the hands of sinners. It it happens, it happens, and must be endured, but it is not a requirement. 1 Peter 3:13b-15, "Now who will harm you if you are eager to do what is good? But even if you do suffer for doing what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear, and do not be intimidated, but in your hearts sanctify Christ as Lord."

2 Timothy 2:11-13, "The saying is sure:

If we have died with him, we will also live with him;
if we endure, we will also reign with him;
if we deny him, he will also deny us;
if we are faithless, he remains faithful—
he cannot deny himself."

Romans 5:1-11, "Therefore, since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ [present tense!], through whom we have obtained access to this grace in which we stand, [present tense] and we boast in our hope of sharing the glory of God. And not only that, but we also boast in our afflictions, knowing that affliction produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us.

For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. Indeed, rarely will anyone die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person someone might actually dare to die. But God proves his love for us in that while we still were sinners Christ died for us. Much more surely, therefore, since we have now been justified by his blood, will we be saved through him from the wrath of God. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of his Son, much more surely, having been reconciled, will we be saved by his life. But more than that, we even boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation."

Salvation is entirely a gift from God and we have received reconciliation with Him through our Lord Jesus Christ. Salvation is not achieved by "works" (by suffering, rituals, etc.); it is achieved entirely by God's gift!
How does one receive grace?
What does it mean to be born again?

Is the hearing of the Gospel and accepting the Gospel a work?

No, it's not! That's how Paul can say, "we are saved by Grace through faith, not of works."

If hearing and accepting the Gospel was a work (which is faith alone), then Paul could not say "not by works."
Eph 2 refers to the redemption accomplished by Christ

Not if works refers to works alone!

And if eph 2:8 is not of yourselves it ain’t you’re faith!

How do you put on Christ?

Faith alone is God's free gift of His grace through Christ Jesus. There are no works in receiving this gift by faith, but after faith comes good works. We do not work for salvation, but after faith we then continue in the good works of the Lord. If you are working for your salvation then you have no idea what grace means. All God wants from us is to love Him and Jesus and to love, pray and help those in need.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Let me ask you this. What are the works you are talking about? How do you work for your salvation?
It is not a matter of working for you’re salvation!

It is a free gift of God by grace!

This is a covenant, there are requirements for covenants, the is an initiation with an outward sign.

By faith and baptism we put on Christ, gal 3:27 we enter into union with Christ the only mediator and therefore in union with God and His saints, by the merits of Christ, we have accepted Christ blood sacrifice atonement and redemption and are justified, then we abide in Him Jn 15:4 and endure till the end Matt 24:13 in His grace, accomplishing the will you of God in our lives performing good works united to Christ thru grace.
Prayer, alms, fasting, the practice of the virtues, godliness, then at death we enter into salvation!

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, (redemption) and purify unto himself a peculiar people, (justification / baptism notice purify / wash) Jn 3:5 zealous of good works. (Sanctification) Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.
(Salvation)

Romans 10:9-10
King James Version
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
So you believe in works salvation?

It is the merits of the blood and of the savior that are applied to our souls by grace in faith and baptism!

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

As God sealed Noah in the ark so it is God who seals us in the ark of salvation the new covenant by faith and baptism Mk 16:16

“Accept Christ as you’re personal lord and savior” is fundamentalist tradition not found scripture!

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

No baptism no grace!

A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Baptism!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Christ instituted the holy church for the salvation of all men, (repent and believe the gospel, with the institution of the sacraments to convey grace to sanctify souls!

Faith and baptism!

For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The Christian sacrament of baptism is the Initiation into the new covenant and must be ministered to you by the apostles!

“Faith alone”

Questions

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?

How can you enter by your own if it must be ministered to you? Baptism is done unto you, “not do it yourself by faith alone”

They did not go preaching this line but went immediately to the river and baptized Jn 3:22

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

How can salvation be nearer than when we first believed if you’re saved by believing?

If what you say is true, and it's not, show me where the Blood is applied in water baptism.

The Blood is applied spiritually and not in water!

Look, if you want to place your faith in water baptism for your salvation, go ahead, no one can stop you.

If what you say is true, and it's not, show me where the Blood is applied in water baptism.

The Blood is applied spiritually and not in water!

Look, if you want to place your faith in water baptism for your salvation, go ahead, no one can stop you.
First
lets eliminate strife and confusion and come to a biblical understanding? Scripture says be if “one mind one heart” Rom 12:16rom 15:16 2 cor 13:11 Phil 1:27
Lets lose the us verses them mentality and Hopefully help each other find that biblical understanding!
My peace I give thee!

Mk 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

1 cor 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

1 John 5:8
And there are three that bearwitness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these threeagree in one.

Born of God by baptism

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

First
lets eliminate strife and confusion and come to a biblical understanding? Scripture says be if “one mind one heart” Rom 12:16rom 15:16 2 cor 13:11 Phil 1:27
Lets lose the us verses them mentality and Hopefully help each other find that biblical understanding!
My peace I give thee!

Mk 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

1 cor 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

1 John 5:8
And there are three that bearwitness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these threeagree in one.

Born of God by baptism

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

This is a never ending argument with the Law keepers.

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved," is referring to the spiritual baptism that I have shown you!

This is why Mark says, "but he who believes not is damned." You notice he doesn't say, "he who is not baptized is damned." The water baptism is a symbol of the spiritual baptism, as Peter told us!

This is a never ending argument with the Law keepers.

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved," is referring to the spiritual baptism that I have shown you!

This is why Mark says, "but he who believes not is damned." You notice he doesn't say, "he who is not baptized is damned." The water baptism is a symbol of the spiritual baptism, as Peter told us!

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

(Key verse! Actions speak louder than words: verse 22)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism / water)

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!

baptismal regeneration!
A new creation in Christ! 2 cor 5:17
Jn 1 JTB prepared the way by baptism!
Jn 2 the waters of purification are OT prefigurement of baptism!
Jn 3:5 born again means baptism
Jn 3:22 they immediately went to the river! Not to preach “accept Christ as personal lord and savior”
But to BAPTIZE!!!

Acts 2:38-39 baptism
Acts 22:16 sins removed by baptism
Gal 3:27 put on Christ by baptism

Does this sound spiritual to you?

Acts 8
Philip preached Jesus to the eunuch!

Obviously Philip preached “FACAGA”
Faith alone Christ alone grace alone

How did the eunuch know about baptism?

Why did the eunuch so greatly desire baptism?
(If it’s only symbolic, an outward sign)

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.

27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,

28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

No baptism no grace!

Baptism!

Faith and baptism!

“Faith alone”

Questions

Again, Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God—not the result of works, so that no one may boast." Baptism is a work; it doesn't save anyone. If it did, then everyone who came to John to be baptized would be saved. They would have no need for Jesus (which is absurd!).

No baptism no grace!

Baptism!

Faith and baptism!

“Faith alone”

Questions

Malefactor/Thief/Criminal at the Cross didn't do any good works to get saved, just Faith...

Luke 23:39-43

39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

James chapter 2 verse 24 seems to show that you have to have works for your faith in order to be saved.
Yes it does. But not for the purpose of becoming righteous but because that's what the faith by which you are made righteous, all by itself apart from works, does.

Galatians 5:6
6For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. All that matters (towards being made righteous) is faith, expressed through love.

Are we saved the first moment we believe?
I do believe so as at that time of confessing Christ as Lord and Savior by having faith to believe He is who He says He is we were also sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption. As long as we are walking in the Spirit and being obedient to God's commands then we are saved from being cast into the lake of fire when Christ returns as our names are found written in the Lamb's book of life. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

The scriptures can have double application, but the Salvation doctrine for the Church Age is still by faith alone, not faith + works, I don't diminish the importance of doing good works as I mentioned, good works in the Church Age is the basis of getting crown and rewards in the Judgement Seat of Christ when we're caught up with Him in the Rapture
Do you consider repentance from sin or water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins as "works"?
I hope not, as the only works Paul wrote against were the works of the Law, ie., circumcision, dietary rules, sabbath keeping, feast keeping, tithing, etc.

If you don't "turn from" (repent of), sin, you can't turn TO God.

Do you consider repentance from sin or water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins as "works"?
The point is, neither of these MAKE you righteous. Neither has the power to justify you as Paul speaks about that in his epistles. Justification (being made righteous) happens entirely by having faith in God's forgiveness through Christ. Nothing you can do MAKES you righteous. Only having your sins forgiven through Christ by faith can make you righteous.

It is not a matter of working for you’re salvation!

It is a free gift of God by grace!

This is a covenant, there are requirements for covenants, the is an initiation with an outward sign.

By faith and baptism we put on Christ, gal 3:27 we enter into union with Christ the only mediator and therefore in union with God and His saints, by the merits of Christ, we have accepted Christ blood sacrifice atonement and redemption and are justified, then we abide in Him Jn 15:4 and endure till the end Matt 24:13 in His grace, accomplishing the will you of God in our lives performing good works united to Christ thru grace.
Prayer, alms, fasting, the practice of the virtues, godliness, then at death we enter into salvation!

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, (redemption) and purify unto himself a peculiar people, (justification / baptism notice purify / wash) Jn 3:5 zealous of good works. (Sanctification) Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.
(Salvation)
How do you explain this baptism you speak about, especially a baby that has no knowledge of God or His Son Christ Jesus in order to confess Him and then be baptized. As Christians we can dedicate our children to God and bring them up to learn of Him.

If you would take the time to stop and understand what all of us are telling you and giving the scriptures to show you, you will see that works follow after faith as no one can work for their salvation as that would be climbing up another way as only Jesus is the way, the truth and the life to God's salvation by the grace of God.

Why would anyone want to work for something that is freely given to them. Faith comes first and then it produces good works found in us through the greatest commandment of love.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back