Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Does James 2 Teach Works for Salvation?

How is that any different than the OT Jew's religion of ongoing sin?
Were it true, the sacrificial animals were the ones who got "saved".

Paul wrote..."Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)
Paul wrote..."Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." (2 Tim 2:19)

Grape seeds cannot bring forth figs.
God's seed cannot bring forth liars, adulterers. or thieves.
Iniquity is not the same as committing one sin.
We're probably sinning right now. You just don't see your sins for some strange reason.
4,22am here.
Tomorrow

I will never use the Catholic church to learn about Christianity.

They believe the righteousness by which you qualify for heaven is the righteous behavior that God works in you in this life. They think the wine and the bread turn into the literal physical blood and body of Christ. A distorted and unreasonable myth they concocted because they're sure that's the only way one can fulfill Christ's words that one must eat his body and drink his blood. And they have exaggerated and exploited the role of Mary in the gospel to the point of blatant mythological idolatry.

So, no, I won't be consulting Catholicism to learn the truth about Christianity.

And you are right, their long bloviated explanations are mind numbing. No thanks.
LOL
I meant to use the CCC and other catholic sources to learn about catholicism!
Instead of listening to posters and reading stuff from 500 years ago!

How is that any different than the OT Jew's religion of ongoing sin?
Were it true, the sacrificial animals were the ones who got "saved".

It's the same.
What has changed?
One sacrifice is sufficient for all time.
We have a high priest that understands us.
The King sits at the right hand of God.
We can love the visible God, Jesus.
But man has the same nature as in the OT.
It is now, however, turned towards God.
Paul wrote..."Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)
Paul wrote..."Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." (2 Tim 2:19)

Grape seeds cannot bring forth figs.
God's seed cannot bring forth liars, adulterers. or thieves.
I could post verses too.
We pick the ones we like the best.

Both parts of his sentence are correct, though the cleansing starts the walk.

Show us where John says cleansing starts the walk in 1 John 1:7.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

The blood of Jesus cleanses those who walk in the light.

JLB

I call your narrative the "split-personality gospel".
Reborn of God's seed, but bringing forth the fruit of the devil.

You seem to be unaware that the flesh and spirit are different.

Those who are in Christ must choose to walk according to the Spirit, rather than walking according to the flesh.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1

Your “theory” that our flesh, our physical body is reborn is not from scripture.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 3:6

Only our spirit is born again; born of the Spirit.

JLB

I'm asking you to tell me what it is in what Akins wrote that Catholics believe that Luther rebelled against. For some reason it seems now the Catholic church agrees with Luther. But if I'm wrong about that you can explain it to me.

You are just prevaricating

It's the ledger account in God's mind where, when you were an unbeliever, the debt of your sin used to be ascribed. Colossians 2:14

For the believer that debt of sin got paid and a perfect deposit of God's righteousness was put in it's place.

Fantasy.
This is a waste of time and I will waste no more.

There isn't a denomination that teaches perfection? I thought maybe there was and I just don't know about it.
They all teach it, but then just brush it aside.
What do you become when you turn from sin? "...Repent..."
Don't you become an ex-sinner?
What happens to you when your old sins are washed away? "...and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins..."
Are you not perfectly sinless?
The ex-sinners who have had their "temple" cleansed by the blood of Christ can, and should, ask the God of everything to give them His Holy Spirit. ..."and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38)

SERVING SIN
and
SINNING
are different.
No, they are not different.
Jesus said..."Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin." (John 8:34)

I hope you are not trying to say that fig seeds will occasionally bring forth grapes.
One's actions show of whose seed one is born, or reborn of.

It's the same.
What has changed?
One sacrifice is sufficient for all time.
We have a high priest that understands us.
The King sits at the right hand of God.
We can love the visible God, Jesus.
But man has the same nature as in the OT.
It is now, however, turned towards God.
"Jesus died to save sheep and goats.
But not us from the enemy worse than Rome."
Is that really your opinion?
I could post verses too.
We pick the ones we like the best.
Find one that fits.

"Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." (2 Peter 1:4)

Show us where John says cleansing starts the walk in 1 John 1:7.
1 John 1:9..."If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
The cleansing happens so we can walk in God, (the light), as there is no uncleanliness/darkness/sin in God.
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7
The blood of Jesus cleanses those who walk in the light.
Thank God for that, as not being able to walk in God would result in our destruction.
BTW, if all our sins have been washed away, what prevents us from saying we have no sin?
Nothing !

You seem to be unaware that the flesh and spirit are different.
Agreed, and thanks be to God for allowing us to kill the old fleshly oriented man and walk in the Spirit from now on.
Rom 6:6, Gal 5:24)
Those who are in Christ must choose to walk according to the Spirit, rather than walking according to the flesh.
Thank God.
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1
Thank God.
Your “theory” that our flesh, our physical body is reborn is not from scripture.
2 Cor 5:17..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
There is the scripture that shows that old things are passed away and ALL things are made new.
Your POV denies the truth of Rom 6:6 too..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."
And Gal 5:24..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."

That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 3:6

Only our spirit is born again; born of the Spirit.

JLB

Back