Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does the political system need to fail before people wake up?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
miamited

Me like other Americans are sick and tired of being taken advantaged on and getting walked all over and getting pushed into a corner. When people ride my bumper even when there are other people in front of me sooner or later you're going to push back. Just like the politicans who walk all over the American people taking advantage of them.
Hi MayGodHeal

Look, I hear your complaint, but you really believe it to be some failure of our governing system that people tailgate you? Really???? You think that people are walking all over you because they tailgate you or drive faster than you or cut you off? You seem to be such an angry person, and that anger seems to be boiling up with how you are treated in some of the most mundane daily endeavors that we all pretty much endure just as you do.

Really??? The government's a failure because you get tailgated or someone honks their horn at you to move along, or some such silly nonsense. Really???? Have you really never enjoyed the peace that comes from knowing Jesus and understanding that he's got this?! It's going to be ok if someone cuts you off. Life will go on. I'm getting a picture of some lonely old man living in some rundown tenement project in Chicago that's just tired of how life has worked out for you. Just a guess, but that's my guess.

You may want to take a serious assessment of your position. I don't feel a bit walked on or pushed into a corner in the life that God has blessed me with. So, maybe there aren't really a lot of 'other Americans' that have put themselves in the boat that you're in.

God bless,
Ted

It's not a Christian ideal. If I get pulled over for speeding and get a warning its because I try to follow road rules and made a mistake one day. But you got people speeding every day like they don't have any consequences to those actions. Riding on someones bumper might not get you pulled over but one day when people slam on their brakes in front of you, you have no time to stop and you automatically get the consequence of rear ending the driver in front of you.

I also am fed up/furious with the people drive like this one truck tailgating me so I honked at him. Another person did and I swerved back and forth and they backed off but later went to a different lane and started speeding again.

I'm also fed up with the politicians in office especially with their spending. If they're allowed to go on a spending spree with no consequences then Americans are entitled to do the same. No? You can't have both.
Sheesh! You are one very angry fellow. Hope you don't blow your lid like so many of these who feel put upon by the government as the reason for all of their problems.

God bless,
Ted

Hi King Dan of Great the 1st
You mentioned before about the CCP and Russia. I mean do you not think Chinese business and investment is under the CCPs control and influence?. Communist China doesn't have individual freedom.
Not outside of their borders. Have you got some 'proof' of your claim? Or is this another, "The election was rigged and stolen" claim falling on the dead quiet sound of evidence to that effect?

God bless,
Ted

Hi MayGodHeal

Look, I hear your complaint, but you really believe it to be some failure of our governing system that people tailgate you? Really???? You think that people are walking all over you because they tailgate you or drive faster than you or cut you off? You seem to be such an angry person, and that anger seems to be boiling up with how you are treated in some of the most mundane daily endeavors that we all pretty much endure just as you do.

Really??? The government's a failure because you get tailgated or someone honks their horn at you to move along, or some such silly nonsense. Really???? Have you really never enjoyed the peace that comes from knowing Jesus and understanding that he's got this?! It's going to be ok if someone cuts you off. Life will go on. I'm getting a picture of some lonely old man living in some rundown tenement project in Chicago that's just tired of how life has worked out for you. Just a guess, but that's my guess.

You may want to take a serious assessment of your position. I don't feel a bit walked on or pushed into a corner in the life that God has blessed me with. So, maybe there aren't really a lot of 'other Americans' that have put themselves in the boat that you're in.

God bless,
Ted

So I'm supposed to let people and politicians walk all over me? Let people tailgate me and have no consequences to that? If I have to slam on my brakes and the idiot behind me slams into my vehicle because theyre too much in a hurry its going to cost me more money, time and I could even get hurt in the crash.

Yet drivers tailgate me and other drivers every single day, even semi trucks do this. Does this sound at all practical? Is the government wasting taxpayer money without consequences practical?

Sheesh! You are one very angry fellow. Hope you don't blow your lid like so many of these who feel put upon by the government as the reason for all of their problems.

God bless,
Ted

Because I'm fed up with all the dysfunction in this country. You think I'm angry with no rhyme or reason, no. There is no structure and a lack of discipline. The inmates are running the prison.

God bless,
Ted

And that's funny because I'm dealing with angry impatient greedy reckless drivers every day.

Hi MayGodHeal
So I'm supposed to let people and politicians walk all over me?
Well, first of all, this idea that people and politicians are 'walking all over me' is merely a figment of a tortured imagination. You're likely living a life like millions of other Americans live every day. Working to feed a family and raise children with good values. But somewhere in all of that you've come to this idea that you, and apparently those 'many Americans who are just like you' are being persecuted by your government. What? Did you get fined for a code enforcement violation of something? Did the big bad boogey man government ruin your life? If so, I'd say you're counting on the government to do more than it may be able to do in the life of one single person within it's domain.

Let's see, if you were in charge, the crime of tailgating would be punishable by death, or at the very least a gazillion dollar fine. If anyone drives faster than you, or the posted speed limit, we should hang them up at the end of their daily commute and shoot them dead and leave their bodies hanging in the town square for all to see and appreciate all the fine work that you've done in securing our roadway safety and security.
Does this sound at all practical? Is the government wasting taxpayer money without consequences practical?
I'm sorry, but no, I don't think I'll ever understand or appreciate that logical sequencing that you have done. I mean really, do you know of any government that's even close to ruling over several million people that is without any financial waste? Do you believe that the people of Russia don't deal with governmental waste and excess? How about Great Britain or Canada or Mexico or Brazil or Israel or Saudi Arabia?

God bless,
Ted

Hi MayGodHeal

Well, first of all, this idea that people and politicians are 'walking all over me' is merely a figment of a tortured imagination. You're likely living a life like millions of other Americans live every day. Working to feed a family and raise children with good values. But somewhere in all of that you've come to this idea that you, and apparently those 'many Americans who are just like you' are being persecuted by your government. What? Did you get fined for a code enforcement violation of something? Did the big bad boogey man government ruin your life? If so, I'd say you're counting on the government to do more than it may be able to do in the life of one single person within it's domain.

Let's see, if you were in charge, the crime of tailgating would be punishable by death, or at the very least a gazillion dollar fine. If anyone drives faster than you, or the posted speed limit, we should hang them up at the end of their daily commute and shoot them dead and leave their bodies hanging in the town square for all to see and appreciate all the fine work that you've done in securing our roadway safety and security.

I'm sorry, but no, I don't think I'll ever understand or appreciate that logical sequencing that you have done. I mean really, do you know of any government that's even close to ruling over several million people that is without any financial waste? Do you believe that the people of Russia don't deal with governmental waste and excess? How about Great Britain or Canada or Mexico or Brazil or Israel or Saudi Arabia?

God bless,
Ted

No they tell me what car I should be driving, what stove I should use to cook my food with while raising my taxes and ignoring real problems in America.

No they tell me what car I should be driving, what stove I should use to cook my food with while raising my taxes and ignoring real problems in America.
Right, right. Yeah! I hear ya! As I turn and wave the men in the white coats in to give you a sedative. Take a deep breath and ask Jesus for the peace that you need. You'll never find it trying to run the world.

God bless,
Ted

Man! You need to move over and let someone else drive. And of course, in your mind, that's all the government's fault.

God bless,
Ted

So should I ride your bumper while commuting? Would you feel safe as I'm doing that? What if you have to stop.

What If i flashed my lights at you because your not moving fast enough for me? Stop making excuses for bad behavior on the roads.

Hi King Dan of Great the 1st

Not outside of their borders. Have you got some 'proof' of your claim? Or is this another, "The election was rigged and stolen" claim falling on the dead quiet sound of evidence to that effect?

God bless,
Ted

I'm not claiming anything. It's just if someone lives under a foreign dictatorship who likes to rule over and control there life and every move I guess that basically means they dont have any independant freedom to make there own decisions, unless they revoke it, and for some people that can be dangerous for them or there family back home.

So, your problem is that you have become yourself, like the world of people that you hate.

Got it!

God bless,
Ted

You act as if I'm the one tailgating other people and cutting them off on highways.. all did was honk my horn and swerve a bit when they're aggravating me. It's not like I flip the bird or do the same thing to them. Its called standing your ground and letting them know you're irritated by their driving habits. Hardly doing unsafe behavior.

Right, right. Yeah! I hear ya! As I turn and wave the men in the white coats in to give you a sedative. Take a deep breath and ask Jesus for the peace that you need. You'll never find it trying to run the world.

God bless,
Ted

Oh yeah none of the politicians are greedy, controlling thugs. They're all saints and Gods...

So should I ride your bumper while commuting? Would you feel safe as I'm doing that? What if you have to stop.

What If i flashed my lights at you because your not moving fast enough for me? Stop making excuses for bad behavior on the roads.
You can do all of that from a position behind me. I'm not making excuses. What I'm doing is accepting that all manner of mankind are sinners. Understanding Jesus' words that in this life we will have troubles, but then he tells you to calm down and take heart that he has overcome all of these issues that are causing your angst.

BTW, if I have to stop, and you don't,... then I'm going to get my car fixed for free and probably get a nice loaner while it's in the shop. Believe it or not, that's why we have auto body shops. People have fender benders every day and my job as a driver is to stay calm, cool and collected in all of this and do what is best for me and my passengers in all driving situations. If I know that someone is driving close on my bumper, then I try to give as much warning as possible if I have to come to a stop or otherwise apply my brakes. I mean, unlike you, I feel some responsibility for my own safety and choose not to put that safety at risk over my own personal anger issues.

But you see, I believe Paul's admonition to us, that we must be mindful that at one time in our lives...we were just like they are.

God bless,
Ted

Oh yeah none of the politicians are greedy, controlling thugs. They're all saints and Gods...
Hi again MayGodHeal

I think we spoke of this before. Overly simple stupid generalizations are rarely, rarely ever correct. No, of course all politicians aren't saints. I mean really? Donald Trump a saint? Marjorie Greene a saint? George Santos a saint? Lauren Boebert a saint. You really shouldn't offer up such easily denied over simplified generalizations. It just makes your argument weak.

God bless,
Ted

Of course not. Politicians are there trying to get power and control because they love you and care about you and want the best for you, even they don't even know you and have never met you. All they care about is you and your wellbeing.

You can do all of that from a position behind me. I'm not making excuses. What I'm doing is accepting that all manner of mankind are sinners. Understanding Jesus' words that in this life we will have troubles, but then he tells you to calm down and take heart that he has overcome all of these issues that are causing your angst.

BTW, if I have to stop, and you don't,... then I'm going to get my car fixed for free and probably get a nice loaner while it's in the shop. Believe it or not, that's why we have auto body shops. People have fender benders every day and my job as a driver is to stay calm, cool and collected in all of this and do what is best for me and my passengers in all driving situations. If I know that someone is driving close on my bumper, then I try to give as much warning as possible if I have to come to a stop or otherwise apply my brakes. I mean, unlike you, I feel some responsibility for my own safety and choose not to put that safety at risk over my own personal anger issues.

But you see, I believe Paul's admonition to us, that we must be mindful that at one time in our lives...we were just like they are.

God bless,
Ted

You then have to go through the insurance company then take a day off to get your vehicle fixed. And it might not be the same then. Then you could get hurt, then have to go see a doctor regularly. All that could be avoided if people slowed down. But yet we're more concerned with what cars we should be driving and "using a gas stove is hazardous to my health"..
So is driving which should be a bigger concern than what stove or car I should be driving.

Hi again MayGodHeal

I think we spoke of this before. Overly simple stupid generalizations are rarely, rarely ever correct. No, of course all politicians aren't saints. I mean really? Donald Trump a saint? Marjorie Greene a saint? George Santos a saint? Lauren Boebert a saint. You really shouldn't offer up such easily denied over simplified generalizations. It just makes your argument weak.

God bless,
Ted

When did I say any of them are saints? None of those people bother me, its the politicans in office that DO bother and affect my life.

Back