Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does the political system need to fail before people wake up?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Stop making excuses for bad behavior on the roads.
Hi again MayGodHeal

Don't be so naive. I'm not making excuses. I'm accepting of the reality of life. Yes, the roadways can be a very dangerous place. But as a born again adult, I choose to hand over what happens to me on the roads every day to the Lord's purview. If someone gets on my tail...I move over and let them go by. If I'm on a one lane road, and can't do that, then I put a little more breathing room between me and the car ahead of me so that there's just a bit of cushion to allow for the driver behind me to have a little bit more space in case I would have to slam on my brakes. However, I've lived in Miami and I know that morning commutes can be brutal and we're all out there doing the best that we can. Large population centers, such as Chicago, are always going to have traffic woes. It's just a natural part of the system of personal transportation.

If someone flashes their lights at me, I usually check myself and look around for a police car speed enforcement. I guess it's just different basic understanding of 'what' I actually have control over and what I don't.

God bless,
Ted

You then have to go through the insurance company then take a day off to get your vehicle fixed. And it might not be the same then. Then you could get hurt, then have to go see a doctor regularly. All that could be avoided if people slowed down. But yet we're more concerned with what cars we should be driving and "using a gas stove is hazardous to my health"..
So is driving which should be a bigger concern than what stove or car I should be driving.
Hi again MayGodHeal

Do you guys have a Whole Foods Market near you? They have a pretty awesome selection of cheeses for your whine.

God bless,
Ted

Oh yeah none of the politicians are greedy, controlling thugs. They're all saints and Gods...
Direct quote from one of your posts. "They're all saints and Gods..."
When did I say any of them are saints? None of those people bother me, its the politicans in office that DO bother and affect my life.
You really don't have a clue what's going on in government today, do you? These politicians I mentioned are all politicians that are in office right now, except for the Dumb Grump.

God bless,
Ted

miamited I don't see those issues addressed which can physically harm you. You are basically driving around in a death trap along with other people. When they drive unsafely those deathtraps become far more unsafe. A gas stove and a gas car fumes isn't going to break my bones. And I don't know about you but I like to keep all my body parts in functional order.

Police can crack down on this but instead they either have lack of funding or hampered down with violent crimes, or whatever. I don't see politicans concerned with that but care about me breathing in harmful fumes? Yeah, priorities..

Furthermore I don't see people holding politicians accountable like they did with Trump. You and people don't like him fine, but going back to "trust in the politicans" when they're still making other people lives harder and blately ignoring those problems just makes it look like you have a vendetta against one guy or the MAGA group which is misdirected hatred.

Of course not. Politicians are there trying to get power and control because they love you and care about you and want the best for you, even they don't even know you and have never met you. All they care about is you and your wellbeing.

Yep. They care so much about it that they don't want to see me get into an accident hurting myself, losing a limb because they got the police pulling over bad drivers 🤣

Direct quote from one of your posts. "They're all saints and Gods..."

You really don't have a clue what's going on in government today, do you? These politicians I mentioned are all politicians that are in office right now, except for the Dumb Grump.

God bless,
Ted

They are in office but what are they doing specifically that is harming you?

I got the Biden administration trying to get me out of my gas vehicle.

miamited if someone cuts you off and an 18 wheeler happens to be following you too closely it's not going to matter how hard you hit the brakes if the person that cut in front of you stops your vehicle causing the semi truck to crash or run over your vehicle. This is how unsafe our roads are.

Furthermore I don't see people holding politicians accountable like they did with Trump.
Hi again MayGodHeal

Sigh (; I agree with you. But likely for different reasons. Dumb Grump has been held 'more accountable' because it's really tough to be brazen thief as the Commander in Chief. (Yes, I understand that you're not going to see it that way. All I can say is that there is truth.)

God bless,
Ted

miamited if someone cuts you off and an 18 wheeler happens to be following you too closely it's not going to matter how hard you hit the brakes if the person that cut in front of you stops your vehicle causing the semi truck to crash or run over your vehicle. This is how unsafe our roads are.
Wow!!!! You make up these entire scenarios that are just the absolutely deadly worst things that could ever happen in a circumstance. Yes, if an18 wheeler is breathing down your back side and you have to slam on the brakes, there's likely going to be a bloody mess sitting in your driver's seat. Just be thankful that you won't ever have to deal with it again...or any other traffic problems for that matter.

Anyway, it's been a thought-provoking conversation.

God bless,
Ted

Do you have grandkids? Wouldn't be so great for them if they lost their grandfather due to an angry impatient driver.
Oh, it wouldn't be the end of the world for them either. They'd likely go to my funeral and cry for a hour or two and all the adults would be touched for a couple of days...and then life goes on. I've taught my children to love Jesus and I expect them to do the same with theirs. They'll be fine without me.

God bless,
Ted

Wow!!!! You make up these entire scenarios that are just the absolutely deadly worst things that could ever happen in a circumstance. Yes, if an18 wheeler is breathing down your back side and you have to slam on the brakes, there's likely going to be a bloody mess sitting in your driver's seat. Just be thankful that you won't ever have to deal with it again...or any other traffic problems for that matter.

Anyway, it's been a thought-provoking conversation.

God bless,
Ted

Seen it happen quite a few times. Maybe look it up on YouTube.

Hi again MayGodHeal

Sigh (; I agree with you. But likely for different reasons. Dumb Grump has been held 'more accountable' because it's really tough to be brazen thief as the Commander in Chief. (Yes, I understand that you're not going to see it that way. All I can say is that there is truth.)

God bless,
Ted

Yeah but what did Trump do thats so awful it somehow makes the other political leaders get a free pass?

There is only one thing I fear in this world and for some weird reason it's tornados. I even have nightmares about them. I don't know why but they disturb me and freak the absolute crap out of me. I can't even watch a video of one. I'm terrified of tornados. Nothing else in this world worries me. Just tornados. It's like my weakness and phobia.

Yeah but what did Trump do thats so awful it somehow makes the other political leaders get a free pass?
Well, first of all you're going to have to show me the 'free pass'. I mean, really, I'm not stupid! I've listened to these baseless 'claims' of criminal activity now for over 2 years, and, as yet, no one has provided any evidence that a lot of what's being claimed is really the 'truth' of the reality that is. Even now, the GOP freak outs are making a big brouhaha about their supposed expectations of what some evidence that they don't even fully have yet, will do to 'prove' to us that Vice-president Joe Biden committed an illegal act.

I mean, really, I'm sorry, but the Republicans now have a 800 million dollar law suit paid out over just this kind of lying and hyperbole that just isn't true. And there's more to come. And yes!!! For me, we should do whatever we kind to root out dishonesty and criminal activity from the realm of politics. I am 100% for that and just as soon as the GOP can lay down a piece of evidence that shows that Vice-president Biden took money for favors, I will be the first in line to condemn him and call for justice. Trouble with Dumb Grump is that he just makes it soooooo easy. He's been able to hide most of his nefarious dealings until he threw his hat into the political ring. Honestly, as I see it, Donald Trump is a pretty stupid businessman to know how he's been running his businesses and want to get into a career where every little jot and tittle is under a microscope. STUPID!! He could have bought some politician to run and enact his policies and he'd still be grifting and happy.

God bless,
Ted

Hi MayGodHeal

This really seems to be where the GOP stand right now in their 'claim' that vice-president Biden committed a crime.

I mean, it's getting investigated. What do you want? But this investigation will turn out to be just as funny as the other failed investigations of the GOP.

Were there other 'free pass' issues that are stuck in your craw? Who specifically is getting a free pass today, that you think should stop any investigation into the activities of Donald Trump?

God bless,
Ted

Seen it happen quite a few times. Maybe look it up on YouTube.
Hi again MayGodHeal

Well yea, LOL! If you put a youtube vid on loop repeat you can see it happen every three minutes for the rest of your life. Yippy! I got better things to do with my time, although I do watch some of these vids from like India and China and Russia where a lot of seemingly unwise road decisions are made.

I watched a guy yesterday that had like 10,000 lbs of bagged concrete stacked up as large as any standard pallet and of course he's driving down the road and his back tires blow and there's concrete bags and dust everywhere. Saw another motor home dufus pull back in a land and cut off a semi. Didn't work out well for the motor home driver.
I don't see those issues addressed which can physically harm you. You are basically driving around in a death trap along with other people. When they drive unsafely those deathtraps become far more unsafe. A gas stove and a gas car fumes isn't going to break my bones. And I don't know about you but I like to keep all my body parts in functional order.
But honestly, I don't envision my driving around doing my daily chores and duties with quite the zeal of macabre that you seem to enjoy. Yea, I just spent $25,000 hopefully repairing a full tear supraspinatus ligament. I've been walking around in this sling pillow for a week and probably have about 2 more to go. Sleeping on the living room recliner because I'm not supposed to lay on my back or side. Life is tough, brother. But God is good! God is good all the time!! Even when people are tailgating me...God is good!! I've endured for 67 years without dying on the pavement.

God bless,
Ted

miamited well the GOP is useless so they're never going to be able to catch this administration red handed. That's not surprising at all.

Of course Manchin is a Democrat and the only political figure actually trying to keep the Biden administration in order. The rest of the politicians are just seat warmers.

I've seen people put make up on while driving. One van looked like it came from the junkyard with a wobbly wheel. Videos of these incidents just show how dangerous our roads can be. I've driven past car accidents where the vehicles are completely destroyed. What's wrong with putting more police on the roads?
Cant even use speed cameras because you got legal issues with them or something. Technology in cars to make it harder to recklessly drive can be defeated. The Biden administration thinks they can solve drunk driving by putting in technology that doesnt exist let alone is also technology that can be defeated.

People have failed within their communities to teach driving safety.

Yet companies come up with so many safety standards it makes political leaders look bad.

Back