Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Dreams to Help Others

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Sister

CF Ambassador
Okay. Not sure where to put this, but wanted to see how this forum views dreams. So dreams I sometimes believe are a big distraction for me. And then I have quite a few that I believe have meaning from God. Some are disturbing and can't get them off my mind easily. I believe I went way overboard and distracted a friend interpreting for me from the meat of the Word and truly helping people for God's kingdom. I guess my question is how should dreams be used? Should they? When does it cross over into something not of God? I know it is hard to lay this down. I really want to encourage people and tell people about Christ on forums. I don't want to do something that will hurt my witness. I'm not sure anymore what all I believe concerning this, but it does bother me. I do believe God gives dreams. I just thought all of mine were for awhile and believe I went too far without enough wisdom/understanding.

I shared hundreds of my dreams during the covid lockdown. Some were interpreted as a warning of Satanism in the Vatican and then turned into words of knowledge of someone who near the end turned out to be a witch that was influencing the subject matter of my dreams to be about her. Then I thought she had come online talking in this coded gnostic language to not be found out. Just writing it out sort of sounds insane... And yet as much as that scared me it has been hard to not think about them. I had a dream I understood was about her.

I was standing in the yard of my old childhood home. We had this dilapidated looking garage that was falling in. I was in front of that and the house was to my side. It was super dark. So dark I could feel the darkness on my skin. In the backyard there was putrid looking ice water that was a couple inches on the ground. Then in the way back on the road was the largest/darkest tornado I had ever seen in my life. It was destroying and sucking up everything in its path. Then what I understood to be this witch was standing behind the back of the garage and she stomped her feet and yelled very loud, "you GOT to be KIDDING me!" I was then standing inside the backdoor of my old house and was watching as the tornado sucked up all the ice water from the backyard.

Then I was standing in the spot I was again in the front yard and the entire garage as well as the girl was sucked up into the tornado.

Then the day cleared up again. It was sunny, like the clearest I have seen, and the tornado was there in the back, but my house was okay and it was moving away from me.

---

I think God revealed to me that Hidden's dream and the other tornado dream are related.

I am the risk piece, okay? I got into this stuff without any experience. I had questions about things and a lot of time in pregnancy during covid lockdown to do so. And I truly believe I came upon something extraordinary. Just not all of it was the right kind. So the storm is moving away now. I'm diving deeper into just being an encouragement to others, and truly understanding how to use my gifts in serving God. I am growing closer to God and learning more of Holy Spirit. I can see for_his_glory's interpretation as being true too, that I just need that encouragement and support of others in this "clean up". I've needed to debrief. LOL.

And maybe start over? I still have dreams. I just need a blank slate with them and put them aside for now. I am just trying to figure out what to do with them now since I will continue to have them. It is hard to not see them all from God now. I feel really bad about that.

I got to go this morning because I have work. I appreciate being able to talk about it with like-minded believers.
Dreams like that are generally heavy and seem to weigh a bit differently than other dreams or nightmares.

One of the dreams I had seemed to be a warning about evil disguised as good:

I was walking under a long, shaded pathway, towards a small shop at sunset. I want to say it was like a record shop, but I can't say with 100% certainty - it just had that type of vibe looking at it.

An old friend who I haven't talked to in years was walking by and I thought we'd just exchange glances and keep walking, but no. He suddenly grabbed my arm and whispered in my ear, "The golden angels are coming."

Suddenly, I had a vision that there were 5 golden angels. They looked more like golden sculptures and weren't in any way super realistic looking. They didn't look like a human with wings or a divine being. Completely gold with perfectly circular heads, two circular eyes, and a smile. Their simple bodies floated with wings and a halo - staring at me. The gold slowly started to chip off revealing a darkness behind. When all the gold chipped off, they were all shadows with demonic smiles showing pointed teeth and glowing circular eyes. They all laughed in full smile, showing their many pointed teeth. When the vision was over, my old friend was gone. I wanted to ask him more questions, but he couldn't be found.

In my dream, I was suddenly in a panic, I ran away from the shaded pathway and found myself in an unknown city-scape - not sure where to go next. Then, I woke up.

------------------------------

To think of angels that didn't look like angels harboring demons inside led me to get that "wolves in sheep's clothing" type of vibe....an age of deception. This happened before the pandemic, back in 2016. Perhaps the city-scape with towering builds everywhere was an interpretation of fear or of being lost. It bothers me that there were 5 of them, a very specific type of thing it seemed, and I don't know if there's a significance to that, but considering how our world is going these days and thinking back on that type of dream and all the deception out there...it gives me chills.

It makes sense to have dreams that are seemingly related as well...I tend to have dreams once in a while with apocalyptic type themes or or doom/dread coming. It's kinda awful, but all with purpose, I assume.

The point of my illistration is what new/young christian need is not a book on dreams but to get into the bible

Well I do definitely agree with this. I don't subscribe to "dream dictionaries" and have never used one. The reason is simple: The meaning of symbolism can completely change based on the context. A good example of this is Jesus being the Lion of the tribe of Judah, yet scripture describing Satan as roaming about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. If one goes by some "Christian dream dictionary" without using some discernment on their own and actually studying the context of the dream, they could end up believing it is about the Lord Jesus doing something when it is actually about what Satan is.

I think in some ways we are largely in agreement, only I think you may be of a mind to dismiss dreams and visions that are truly of God a little too quickly maybe, and you don't want to do that either.
I agree with the "risky business" part...it really is. I try not to dive too deep and interpret my own dreams and to take it lightly, but I still do feel like there's a heavy spiritual significance, I just may not know what exactly. I'm not one for those guessing games, either. I'm sure a wrong interpretation or an interpretation taken the opposite way could do more harm than good.

Sounds like you have a pretty balanced approach, which seems healthy to me. I mentioned having dreams that occasionally I didn't know the meaning to, yet I felt the leading of the Spirit to ask Him to reveal it to me. In one such instance, when I got alone with Him in a field, He did, and I was very grateful that I obeyed God and didn't just dismiss it. But I don't go getting all nervous about needed to know every dream I have either. I have a life to live, Lol, and not all of it is vitally important to know, even if it might be prophetically accurate. I just take such things as a subtle forewarnings of what is to come, without worrying about the ones I get no really strong leading on.

I was walking under a long, shaded pathway, towards a small shop at sunset. I want to say it was like a record shop, but I can't say with 100% certainty - it just had that type of vibe looking at it.

An old friend who I haven't talked to in years was walking by and I thought we'd just exchange glances and keep walking, but no. He suddenly grabbed my arm and whispered in my ear, "The golden angels are coming."

Suddenly, I had a vision that there were 5 golden angels. They looked more like golden sculptures and weren't in any way super realistic looking. They didn't look like a human with wings or a divine being. Completely gold with perfectly circular heads, two circular eyes, and a smile. Their simple bodies floated with wings and a halo - staring at me. The gold slowly started to chip off revealing a darkness behind. When all the gold chipped off, they were all shadows with demonic smiles showing pointed teeth and glowing circular eyes. They all laughed in full smile, showing their many pointed teeth. When the vision was over, my old friend was gone. I wanted to ask him more questions, but he couldn't be found.

In my dream, I was suddenly in a panic, I ran away from the shaded pathway and found myself in an unknown city-scape - not sure where to go next. Then, I woke up.

Wow.

I have no idea what this is about; you would likely have to go back to 2016 to try and remember what was going on. But some of the symbolism repeats itself in this dream; namely, if by "record shop" you meant a place that sells music CDs and/ or old albums, this parallels with the circular heads and circular eyes of the "angels." And the fact that you were meeting an old acquaintance on the way suggests memories from the past...

A warning about getting into old, sadder music, and/ or the return of old friends/ companions (even if only in your mind) that would effect your spirit-man maybe? Like I said, you would have to remember what was going on back then, but that might be what the symbolism suggests. Scripture says we have to guard our hearts, and sad thoughts generated by emotional music or by thinking about lost relationships from the past can really effect our spirits, and Satan will use whatever tricks he can to get us out of the Spirit of God - a Spirit of love, joy, power and a sound mind - and into a spirit of depression if we allow him to.

Ignore it if that's way off base. Just posting what I noticed might be some commonalities in your dream. "Golden angels" might also have been an allusion to "golden oldies," i.e. songs from your past that mad you nostalgic and long for yesterday, or sad about your past for some reason.

Just throwing it out there.

Last edited:
Wow.

I have no idea what this is about; you would likely have to go back to 2016 to try and remember what was going on. But some of the symbolism repeats itself in this dream; namely, if by "record shop" you meant a place that sells music CDs and/ or old albums, this parallels with the circular heads and circular eyes of the "angels." And the fact that you were meeting an old acquaintance on the way suggests memories from the past...

A warning about getting into old, sadder music, and/ or the return of old friends/ companions (even if only in your mind) that would effect your spirit-man maybe? Like I said, you would have to remember what was going on back then, but that might be what the symbolism suggests. Scripture says we have to guard our hearts, and sad thoughts generated by emotional music or by thinking about lost relationships from the past can really effect our spirits, and Satan will use whatever tricks he can to get us out of the Spirit of God - a Spirit of love, joy, power and a sound mind - and into a spirit of depression if we allow him to.

Ignore it if that's way off base. Just posting what I noticed might be some commonalities in your dream. "Golden angels" might also have been an allusion to "golden oldies," i.e. songs from your past that mad you nostalgic and long for yesterday, or sad about your past for some reason.

Just throwing it out there.
I'm thinking the place that was like a record store was because of the friend I encountered within my dream. We both had a passion for music and I'm thinking that's why it was there. I was headed towards there and my friend was headed the opposite direction. It was a friend that had kinda fallen off the radar, I still haven't heard from them. The last time I really spent time with them was like 2011 or so.

It's an interesting interpretation to think about, though - there can always be more meanings within. :)

I'm thinking the place that was like a record store was because of the friend I encountered within my dream. We both had a passion for music and I'm thinking that's why it was there. I was headed towards there and my friend was headed the opposite direction. It was a friend that had kinda fallen off the radar, I still haven't heard from them. The last time I really spent time with them was like 2011 or so.

Then maybe it was only in your thoughts that they wanted to bring bad memories? Just conjecturing. One of the big keys to interpretation, especially with personal dreams like this, is the timing. It's important to interpret them in light of what was/ is happening at the time, or happened soon thereafter. I do know music can carry a spirit of sadness with it. Music evokes emotions of all kinds, and that's often used as kind of the draw behind it; the "pull," if you will, that sucks people in. I know some songs from my past make me sad...

But if that's what it was, it looks like it passed. You seem happy enough now, LoL, so praise God, whatever it was. :)

Then maybe it was only in your thoughts that they wanted to bring bad memories? Just conjecturing. One of the big keys to interpretation, especially with personal dreams like this, is the timing. It's important to interpret them in light of what was/ is happening at the time, or happened soon thereafter. I do know music can carry a spirit of sadness with it. Music evokes emotions of all kinds, and that's often used as kind of the draw behind it; the "pull," if you will, that sucks people in. I know some songs from my past make me sad...

But if that's what it was, it looks like it passed. You seem happy enough now, LoL, so praise God, whatever it was. :)
I'm not sure, I never had bad memories associated with that person. They fell off the map because they took a job opportunity in another state and we fell out of contact when we moved for a time as well.

I am still remembering new things each day since I got ill this past winter. Maybe it'll help my brain to think back on it. Nothing of significance pops up that I can remember at this time. I know that around 2016 when I had the dream, that it was around the time of the presidential election. We were living in a suburb near the big city in a rather rich area (because were were staying with family).

I guess I see music differently. There are a lot of sad songs out there and of course like you mention, all sorts of emotions. Music is a great stress relief for me, but general not sad types of songs unless I'm really in the mood for it :tongue

While the dream will still puzzle me - mostly the 5 angels that weren't real angels and instead disguised as demons...I don't know what the "5 angels" means. I do miss that friend, though. They were nice and caring.

I guess I see music differently. There are a lot of sad songs out there and of course like you mention, all sorts of emotions. Music is a great stress relief for me, but general not sad types of songs unless I'm really in the mood for it :tongue

I'm the same way. :) It's like I make a conscious choice now whether I wanna wallow in a little pity or not, Lol. Before I became a Christian I used to just subject myself to it sometimes, as if I didn't know any better. Now I guard my heart.

While the dream will still puzzle me - mostly the 5 angels that weren't real angels and instead disguised as demons...I don't know what the "5 angels" means.

Well, that one is indeed a mystery then. I've always been the type to zero in on a certain things I see it, whether in scripture interpretation or dream interpretation. But what both, what appears to be the right interpretation sometimes turns out not to be, so I'm learning to back up and try and let dreams interpret themselves over time. Hindsight is 20/20, and with both I have found that the right interpretations come if you are patient enough to keep your mind open and reevaluate things after you've learned more. Far better that than to try and fit a round peg in a square hole. :nono :)

2nd Dream: First I was walking in a field to this wooden cabin and it was a clear/nice day. I went inside and I sensed was my home. Out the window the sky was really dark and I knew a really bad storm was coming. I went out on this huge covered wooden porch. I looked behind/to the side of me, to see this neighborhood of houses. I laid down on the hard wooden floor of the porch. It really was cold and hard. Then I heard like this "whooshing". And knew it was a tornado. It was only a moment. Then I got up and looked behind me. All the houses were destroyed by the tornado that came through. My cabin was spared.

Then in the field I saw this booth with a woman behind it who was giving out fruit. Hundreds of people were lined up from the houses to get this fruit. I went over and helped her bag some of the fruit to the brim in a brown paper bag to hand to someone in line. At the end of the dream I was just staring at the destroyed houses and going to help the women give out fruit.

Kentucky has been heavy on my heart lately, especially Mayfield... I remembered this dream and wonder if God is calling me to help some deeper way. I kinda felt it was about a real storm and not just a symbolic one. At any rate if I can't with my kids and stuff, we can always give somehow. My heart is heavy for the families this close to Christmas having lost everything.

Whether or not this really was about Mayfield, please help me lift up Kentucky in prayer. I can't imagine the heartache the people are suffering right now.

I would think there would be charities set up to help these people. Maybe there is something online you can check out.

There have been so many devastations right here in America this year, especially with the pandemic, and I feel in my spirit that God is shaking the nations, especially sending a wake up call to America that America is not exempt from what we see happening in other nations and all need to turn back to God before it's to late.

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

I feel in my spirit that God is shaking the nations, especially sending a wake up call to America that America is not exempt from what we see happening in other nations and all need to turn back to God before it's to late.

Very interesting you should bring this up. I just got through doing a full write up on what I believe is a prophetic dream someone shared elsewhere recently. The video I posted in Post #4 seems to suggest things are coming to a head as well.

Anyway, check it out. You guys might find it informative at the very least.

God bless, and good being able to visit again. :)
- H

I would think there would be charities set up to help these people. Maybe there is something online you can check out.

There have been so many devastations right here in America this year, especially with the pandemic, and I feel in my spirit that God is shaking the nations, especially sending a wake up call to America that America is not exempt from what we see happening in other nations and all need to turn back to God before it's to late.

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

I just went through World Vision since they give the supplies through the churches.

Very interesting you should bring this up. I just got through doing a full write up on what I believe is a prophetic dream someone shared elsewhere recently. The video I posted in Post #4 seems to suggest things are coming to a head as well.

- H

I just posted in that thread what IMO is what this dream could be about being very prophetic.

- H

Why do you suppose 19th century? Is there something special about that century?

Hi, WIP.

Just because of the general standard of living back then, as I understand the dream. But your question makes me curious as to exactly what the living conditions were back then, so maybe I'll spend a little more time looking into the specifics today.

It's an interesting question, and thanks for asking.
- H

I found some things, WIP. Let me know what you think.

I wonder if ya'll ever have heard of the movie "City of Ember?" I saw it several years back and it was about a city underground made to last for about two hundred years. The kids were all given jobs at 16/18 years old and there was like a secret the kids had to unlock to find out how to get above ground, because the lights were going out. The mayor had part of the key but the other part of the key was lost and one of the kids found it.

I had an interesting dream the other night. I was underground in the City of Ember and there was this playground equipment that was like bars you hang on. There were hundreds of kids on there. I was there and a little girl with long brown hair and a little boy with curly black hair ran up to me. After watching a preview I realize it was the two kids from the movie. The boy said "You will have no more dreams, unless you believe." Then all these children jumped off the bars, most of them all at once, and I woke up.

I will pray that God gives me discernment in areas. Faith is key I need to use in areas in believing for big things.

I wonder if ya'll ever have heard of the movie "City of Ember?" I saw it several years back and it was about a city underground made to last for about two hundred years. The kids were all given jobs at 16/18 years old and there was like a secret the kids had to unlock to find out how to get above ground, because the lights were going out. The mayor had part of the key but the other part of the key was lost and one of the kids found it.

I had an interesting dream the other night. I was underground in the City of Ember and there was this playground equipment that was like bars you hang on. There were hundreds of kids on there. I was there and a little girl with long brown hair and a little boy with curly black hair ran up to me. After watching a preview I realize it was the two kids from the movie. The boy said "You will have no more dreams, unless you believe." Then all these children jumped off the bars, most of them all at once, and I woke up.

I will pray that God gives me discernment in areas. Faith is key I need to use in areas in believing for big things.

When you have a little time free, Sister, think you could send me a conversation about this please? It concerns me, and I don't know that I would be totally conformable speaking my mind on it in public unless I had no choice. : (

Job 33:12-18

“But I tell you, in this you are not right,
for God is greater than any mortal.
13 Why do you complain to him
that he responds to no one’s words[a]?
14 For God does speak—now one way, now another—
though no one perceives it.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falls on people
as they slumber in their beds,
16 he may speak in their ears
and terrify them with warnings,
17 to turn them from wrongdoing
and keep them from pride,
18 to preserve them from the pit,
their lives from perishing by the sword

Dreams do come true look for G-d and he will answer your dreams maybe something is opccuring and the lord is sending you dreams for A reason.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back