Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

--Early & Latter Rain--

• Thread starter John the Baptist
  • Start date

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi, it takes some time for the P.K.'s. to have the 'good seed' sprout up. Yet, mom & dads sacrifice was well worth it, spending all the funds on them in the church schools, while others think it a big waste, huh? (even if they have passed & had not seen the fruit sprout up in their day)

I reckon that this is why Christ had to get the James & John type to follow Him? You know, the ex/son's of thunder? 'He that sinned most, loved most'

You have been in my wife & my morning worship prayer for a long time now it seems. When ever? There still is no other way! Acts 9:6

You got a new name on this board it seems. :wink:

---John

JB
Give my thanks to your wife John.

Proverbs 28:9
He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

I know Hes listening

The "sons of thunder"

Who knows John? Maybe someday we will walk hand in hand against the workers of iniquity. The VOICES of thunder.

"a vessel unto honour" That is what i seek

Please ask your wife to pray for that.

So wonderful to talk again to ya John

I Reckon Sow said:
JB
Give my thanks to your wife John.

Proverbs 28:9
He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

I know Hes listening

The "sons of thunder"

Who knows John? Maybe someday we will walk hand in hand against the workers of iniquity. The VOICES of thunder.

"a vessel unto honour" That is what i seek

Please ask your wife to pray for that.

So wonderful to talk again to ya John

On this site there are some 'real' folks I believe. From the top (much religous freedom so far) on down. John 10:16. These ones are not the same as were Christ's own 'fold' to who He 'first' came to in John 1:11-12. (1 Peter 4:17 - Acts 3:19))

And as there were 'two sons of thunder' of the twelve, and one apostate, we see that Peter was perhaps the most talkative? In Mark 14:29-31 we see Peter boasting.. "But Peter said unto Him, Although all shall be offended, yet will not I." We most all might know the story of this prophecy?
Yet, in verse 31 we see that.. "Likewise also said they all." It seems that His own, at least here of the ones that He could use, and that He choose, were all of His own fold, as John reported. But, these ones were what might be classified as backslidden offshoots. Fishermen, a tax collector +, yet, the 'good seed' had been sown! And awaited the 'showers of Christ's refreshing'! :wink:

But they 'all' still needed something it seems, huh? Peter gives the answer for what any that can be used of Christ, must pass through in Matthew 26:73-75,
after seeing how hopeless and boastful [he was] prior to his testing, we now see that this person was just nearing the most truthful place in his life, (he was about to see just how hopeless he was being alone!) but notice what the Word says about Peter.. "And he went out and wept bitterly." We do recall that it was Christ that told Peter.. "after thou art converted, go strengthen the brethren."?

Then too, the Master did not let Peter forget what kind of 'man' he thought that he was before.. 'after thou art converted', for he reminded Peter of it, huh? In John 21:15-17 'three' times and at the last reminder Peter 'was grieved'! He seemed to now understand that there is no one that can do anything without the 'Grace' of Christ! Philippians 4:13 & 2 Corinthians 12:9. And yes, this is Saul to Paul's 'penmanship' who was in TOTAL SUBMISSION to Christ in Acts 9:6. :fadein:

One last thought: I know of another young'in who was schooled right, who went to the 'seed' sowing centers & that believes all that he was taught. (so he tells us) He had never joined any church or had been baptised. His knowledge 20 some years later is that of the seed sown type, if you know what I mean? All that awaits him is for Christ to 'turn on his lights'. He really is [also] refreshing to talk to! You guys scattered around, are finally coming of age in the showers of refreshing! (But don't put it off!)

---John

Hello John
When i started there was very very few. As i go from place to place ive noticed there are many more now. Does the appalachian trail go by your place? Maybe ill go for a walk about this summer.

I Reckon Sow said:
Hello John
When i started there was very very few. As i go from place to place ive noticed there are many more now. Does the appalachian trail go by your place? Maybe ill go for a walk about this summer.

The door is always open to you for a visit, or a stay. There is an extra bedroom & bath. And my wife is a very good 'veg' cook! We live in the country on 3.10 acres.

And if you would be looking for a small place, we have an nice landscaped 1 acrea lot with a septic tank already in, drice etc. and also another 2 acrea with the same.
And in S.C. the older ones (65) have no property taxes! :wink:
---John

PS: And the Matthew 24:14 verse gives no more extended time! Matthew 10:23 will finish the 'Commision work' of Matthew 28:20 & then with the 666 testing for the world.

Back