Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

End Times Close?

Ramaweh

I know the end times are close, but does anyone have a feeling in their spirit like I do that it is indeed within one generation away?

I'm new to these forums.

Yes I do believe we are close. How close only God knows, but with the world situation today, you may not be to far off of one generation.

If it was indeed one generation away, do you think that is something we could perceive? What I'm trying to say is, I have a feeling we are 1 generation away, is the scripture that would refute this? Only God knows the time and the hour, but he doesn't mention the generation or the start of the chain of events that triggers the last generation. Would he tell us?

Only God knows the time and the hour, but he doesn't mention the generation or the start of the chain of events that triggers the last generation. Would he tell us?

He did, but I doubt you'd believe it. Very few do.

It states in Matthew 24 on the signs of the times we are to look for, in it Jesus states that this generation will not pass. Some believe it started when Israel became a nation again in 1948.

I know the end times are close, but does anyone have a feeling in their spirit like I do that it is indeed within one generation away?

I'm new to these forums.

Yes, I believe we are very close. The ealy Christians said that man would toil under the curse for 6000 years and then the end would come. We're very close to that 6000 year mark.

I believe that everything is in place and ready for this to happen soon. We do not know when the fullness of the gentiles is in--only God knows that. But all the nations are in place for the war of Ezekiel 38 to take place. Turkey, Egypt and now the US are not supporting Israel. I am not sure where the Brittish empire stands. But I do know Israel will stand alone. I do suspect that it is within the generation of 1948 or else 1967 when Jeruselem was united. So I continue to pray for the salvation of friends and grandchildren. There is an urgencey that I feel about this.

Ramaweh said:
If it was indeed one generation away, do you think that is something we could perceive? What I'm trying to say is, I have a feeling we are 1 generation away, is the scripture that would refute this?
We might be close, we might not be. There is no Scripture that can make that any clearer.

Hey Butch, I think I remember you from another christian forum, I might not have been under the same username. Think we talked a bit about baptism and a bit about gifts of the spirit. Unless I have you confused.

All of that sounds about right.

My feeling is that when Israel makes a peace treaty with the arabic nations of Islam, from then 1 generation, or within 40 years or so, the end will come. Its less a science I'm talking about. I'm less read in eschatology than many people. I'm talking about an intense feeling in my spirit that we are close. Not in a fearful or paranoid way, but I believe times are coming when we won't have our Bibles available to us. Not sure why that would happen but we will see. I'm talking about Americans specifically, but possibly world wide.

Yet we have the blessed assurance that every passing day brings our
salvation nearer then when we believed. And while it is true that the church,
during all her history, has had repeated evidence that the day was approaching,
we ask, what are these evidences in our time? Surely they are of especial
significance

Shortly previous to the first coming of Christ the
Holy Ghost, although He had given through Daniel a special revelation unto the
devout Simeon-who was 'waiting for the consolation of Israel', to-wit:' that he
should not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ. Luke 2;26. And this leads
us to ask: May not the same blessed Spirit who thus revealed this mighty event
to Simeon of old (and probably the aged Anna also) likewise give unto a favored
one, or chosen few of the faithful watching ones, to know that their glad eyes
shall see His appearing, and that they shall never taste of death.
Even so now, many of the most devout and faithful of God's people, in all
denominations, both in this and foreign lands, are seriously impressed with the
conviction, that the coming of the Lord is near

W.E. Blackstone, Jesus Is Coming ,1908 pgs 210,212,213. Emphasis added , portions of this article were first published @1875.

How many times have you been told that if you would just listen to the Holy Spirit ,you too ,would be able to see the 'signs of the times'.? Something else that hasnt chaged in a century is the intonation that real christians, 'the most devout and faithful', know with certainty the time is near. You dont think its near because you're not faithful and devout,,,

Well ,at least, thanks to Mr Blackstone we know with certainty that the people he considered to be the most devout and faithful of all demoniations completlely failed in their predictions.

Take care

Hitch

It states in Matthew 24 on the signs of the times we are to look for, in it Jesus states that this generation will not pass. Some believe it started when Israel became a nation again in 1948.
Hal Lindsey did too,until 1990.

If it was indeed one generation away, do you think that is something we could perceive? What I'm trying to say is, I have a feeling we are 1 generation away, is the scripture that would refute this? Only God knows the time and the hour, but he doesn't mention the generation or the start of the chain of events that triggers the last generation. Would he tell us?
Consider what our Lord told us. Remember when he said even he didnt know?

Get a grip; It was a polite way of saying ITSNONEOFYOURBUSINESS.

PS; Its not in your Bilbe, if it were Jesus would have known the time , so dont ,,, nevermind

In 1955 i was 9 old enough to hear mom and dad talking about His return , see 1955 was 7 years after 1948....oops well it must be 'this ' generation so that is 40 years
1988 came and went... some guys made a few bucks selling books..... Now i have heard a generation is 70 years....

The oddist part of this whole thing is the land of todays Israel is not the Land of Promise.
Gen 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

Our God is faithfull to His promises....

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
Jos 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
Jos 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

My elderly neighbor was visiting me. He brought up Muslims and he complained about Hillary ordering the guards at the embassy in Libya to not use live ammo (not true). Then he went on to say this might be it, and Jesus will return.

I love the man. He's a good Christian. But, it was all I could do to avoid appearing like I was rolling my eyes. He's elderly, so disputing him wasn't an option. But, agreeing with him wasn't an option, either.

Jesus told us which generation. His! It was the end of the Temple age. Not the end of the planet.

Most Futurists insisted that the "end times" would happen within 40 years of Israel becoming a state. But 40 years came and went. Now, they arbitrarily find new things to mark the start of the final generation.

Which verse said an ambassador would be killed when militants infiltrated a protest and then the end would come?

I do think God is getting everything in place. Yes Jesus said only God knows the day and time, but he also give us what signs to look for. Some of the events I believe is just a dry run before the real thing.

In 1955 i was 9 old enough to hear mom and dad talking about His return , see 1955 was 7 years after 1948....oops well it must be 'this ' generation so that is 40 years
1988 came and went... some guys made a few bucks selling books..... Now i have heard a generation is 70 years....

The oddist part of this whole thing is the land of todays Israel is not the Land of Promise.
Gen 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

Our God is faithfull to His promises....

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
Jos 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
Jos 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Well about the sounding of the loud trumpet and the gathering do you think Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob belong at that gathering in Israel? Where are they now?

Rev 11 will be a sign that can't be mistaken before the 2nd coming and great tribulation that will enter this world. So great is that tribulation no one on earth would survive unless God had cut short those days. We don't know the day or hour but we can watch the seasons. I don't see that gathering in our lifetimes but I stand watch.

Also I believe the future Babylon will be where it always was "the land of shinar" While I can't know for sure what would cause the nations to sell their souls and trade with that future wickedness (babylon) the commodity I see in that region is oil. In future years its not hard to imagine the need for that commodity and the great wealth brought into this future Babylon by that commodity.

Zech 5
The Woman in a Basket

5 Then the angel who was speaking to me came forward and said to me, “Look up and see what this is that is appearing.â€

6 I asked, “What is it?â€

He replied, “It is a measuring basket.†And he added, “This is the iniquity[c] of the people throughout the land.â€

7 Then the cover of lead was raised, and there in the basket sat a woman! 8 He said, “This is wickedness,†and he pushed her back into the basket and pushed the lead cover down over its mouth.

9 Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth.

10 “Where are they taking the basket?†I asked the angel who was speaking to me.

11 He replied, “To the country of Babylonia[d] to build a house for it. When it is ready, the basket will be set there in its place.â€

[d] Hebrew Shinar

Randy

As you see that DAY approaching...

I'm new to these forums.

Welcome then !

I would not be dogmatic about it being a generation away although any born again Christian should 'see' that DAY approaching.. the DAY of the LORD, the DAY of Jesus Christ.. which shall come as a thief in the night and as travail upon a woman with child..

Back