Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

"exposing" popular Christian teachers/preachers

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If a teacher makes one false statement, does that make them a false teacher?
I would tend to think to be labeled a "false teacher" whatever the false thing they are teaching is would need to be something they teach consistently even after being shown good evidence that it's false (not just controversial evidence). Otherwise I think it's just an honest mistake. Sadly, if mistakes make someone a false teacher, then I'm a false teacher too. I've made mistakes more than once in things I've said to classes and individuals.

If a teacher makes one false statement, does that make them a false teacher?
Back in the 70s? Wilkerson printed a (his) prophecy. He stated something to effect ... i dont know how much of this is me and how much is the Lord.
I found that to honest and trustworthy... He did not say " I " have a word from God...
Some of what he said came to pass he was not false IMO...

Kathi, could you list what makes each of these people a dangerous false teacher please? Some of them are obvious to me, but maybe not to some other readers. And then a couple of them aren't very obvious to me either. I'd be curious what things you see in each of them that makes them false teachers.

Seems to me the list was taken directly off this site....
http://www.freeworldfilmworks.com/dov-10danger.htm
Some sites like some people think every one who does not think/post like they do are heretics or dangerous...

I am as saved today as yesteryear... when i held different views...

jasonc
You picking on ol uncle Cyrus ? :biggrin2

Some sites like some people think every one who does not think/post like they do are heretics or dangerous...

jasonc
If that's where it came from, it seems their main purpose is to support Messianic Judaism through demonizing everyone else. I have a lifelong friend who became a Messianic Rabbi and I have seen his methods, doctrines, and ideas. I'm not impressed with his ideas at all and have to call into question much of what I hear from the Messianic movement. Some of them (my friend included) seem to have become very militant and intolerant of anyone who does not support there very legalistic view of Christianity. Even though I agree that some of the names listed above are false teachers, I can certainly see where all of them would run afoul of the philosophies of the militant side of the Messianic Judaism movement!

Didn't Paul work on changing the mind/heart of Peter? I would not call Peter a false prophet.,,,

jasonc

If that's where it came from, it seems their main purpose is to support Messianic Judaism through demonizing everyone else. I have a lifelong friend who became a Messianic Rabbi and I have seen his methods, doctrines, and ideas. I'm not impressed with his ideas at all and have to call into question much of what I hear from the Messianic movement. Some of them (my friend included) seem to have become very militant and intolerant of anyone who does not support there very legalistic view of Christianity. Even though I agree that some of the names listed above are false teachers, I can certainly see where all of them would run afoul of the philosophies of the militant side of the Messianic Judaism movement!
Actually, I'm reading more on that site now, and it looks like they are really more of a conspiracy site. Doesn't matter what the conspiracy is, they seem to support it.

jasonc
hitch, corrupted me about him. I wish I had the links he sent me, the ones with shafer saying that Judaism will return while the church is in heaven during the millennium. I have heard pastor say that.

Kathi, could you list what makes each of these people a dangerous false teacher please? Some of them are obvious to me, but maybe not to some other readers. And then a couple of them aren't very obvious to me either. I'd be curious what things you see in each of them that makes them false teachers.
Here is the website.
Here is another website http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/false_prophets.htm

Last edited:
Yeah, found that already. I was just hoping for your personal opinion on these people since you posted it against them. Was just curious what you were seeing in them. That web site is just to conspiracy theory oriented for me to spend much time with it.
I have heard a little bit about all of those people.I stay away from their teachings.There are a couple on the lists I do not agree they say are dangerous.In these end times I am very cautious about everything.

Yeah, found that already. I was just hoping for your personal opinion on these people since you posted it against them. Was just curious what you were seeing in them. That web site is just to conspiracy theory oriented for me to spend much time with it.
This False Teacher thing can be tricky because as mentioned, earlier, mistakes are common among teacher that are still learning from the LORD. At the same time we are commissioned in Matthew 7 to be fruit inspectors. I have, more than once, called a teacher to task as per the scripture and, much, more often than not the false teaching ceases and is corrected in the next couple of sermons.

I have had a couple of books full of sermons and sermon outlines and it is exceedingly easy to become lazy with texts like these. This is particularly true when using sermons and sermon outlines from famous preachers because one word change can make all of it untrue. In the instances where I called the Preacher out, privately, one of them, immediately, instructed the church on his error and the other threw me and my family out of "his" church. The former, on the surface could have been a false teacher but was, certainly, not. The latter, on the other hand, had his license removed within a year and I did not even lodge a complaint nor was his removal about my issue with his false teaching.

So it is that we must check the condition of the fruit but we must also remember to do so gently because a blemish on a mellon does not make the entire mellon a loss.

so confused! I go to Liberty Online, and I see Jerry Falwell on there!!! And Billy Graham! (referencing Kathi's link). Oh..and Jimmy Swaggert! I have a Jimmy Swaggert Bible!

Who's right and who's wrong?

so confused! I go to Liberty Online, and I see Jerry Falwell on there!!! And Billy Graham! (referencing Kathi's link). Oh..and Jimmy Swaggert! I have a Jimmy Swaggert Bible!

Who's right and who's wrong?
I do not consider Billy Graham or Dobson to be false teachers.That is just my opinion.

Not everyone will come to the same conclusion on who's false and who isn't. It depends on why they are claiming this, and if their information on these people is accurate. Sometimes it isn't.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back