Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

"exposing" popular Christian teachers/preachers

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
hal Lindsey wrote prior to 1988 , 88 reasons to believe Christ would come in 1988.

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2072678_2072683_2072696,00.html
correction it was both him and the other listed, hal wrote the late great planet earth.

do you see a problem with all that $$$$ made by them and none of it coming to pass? did they give up that money and return it?
Yes,I know he did.He has also been divorced 5 times but he is still interesting to watch at times.I have not picked up anything false in what he has said.He always accompanies what he says with scripture.I will commence with throwing names around a accusing.God knows their hearts.

Yes,I know he did.He has also been divorced 5 times but he is still interesting to watch at times.I have not picked up anything false in what he has said.He always accompanies what he says with scripture.
you haven't been around when he said what he say. the link time there mentioned 1979-1993. we have a member here who doing just that. we all know whom he is. I guess I should stop and let him preach deception. nevermind I personally know a man whom left his job went to costa rica because he thought the rapture was coming this year! the year that he did that(2005).

I have listened to hal too, but not any more. benny hinn as well, joyce meyer, etc and a lot on that list.

you haven't been around when he said what he say. the link time there mentioned 1979-1993. we have a member here who doing just that. we all know whom he is. I guess I should stop and let him preach deception. nevermind I personally know a man whom left his job went to costa rica because he thought the rapture was coming this year! the year that he did that(2005).

I have listened to hal too, but not any more. benny hinn as well, joyce meyer, etc and a lot on that list.
I will give you your opinions on this and wish you a Blessed Day :)

so as picky as you are, I have shown that hal did the fatal thing, you wouldn't listen to me if I said jesus would return in 2016, and yet you listen to hal? all he did was make the statements vague. that's all he did. as much as I don't like futurism. my pastor doesn't do that. he does I say I believe but will not set in stone. that is another issue for another thread.

so as picky as you are, I have shown that hal did the fatal thing, you wouldn't listen to me if I said jesus would return in 2016, and yet you listen to hal? all he did was make the statements vague. that's all he did. as much as I don't like futurism. my pastor doesn't do that. he does I say I believe but will not set in stone. that is another issue for another thread.
Jason,
I know you are fighting the good fight but in some cases it is just beating your head against s brick wall. The people that followed Jim Jones drank that poison Kool Aide. You know the truth, I know the truth but there are many more that, just, do not want to hear.

In 1970, Hal Lindsey wrote The Late Great Planet Earth.He sold approximately 35 million copies and deeply affected a generation of pastors and leaders growing up in the Jesus People Movement of the early 1970s. The lasting fruit of this book has created a generation that believes more in Lindsey's mythology than understanding what the Bible and history actually teach. In his book, Hal Lindsey concluded that, since the United States was not mentioned in Daniel or Revelation, the U.S. would not be a major player on the world scene when the Great Tribulation happened. Based on his interpretation of various biblical texts, he also presumed that the European Economic Community (now the European Union) would become what he termed the "United States of Europe." This union would have ten members and would become, according to Lindsey, the revived Roman Empire, ruled by the antichrist, needed to fulfill Bible prophecy. Currently, the European Union has twenty-eight members.

Later, Hal Lindsey released another book titled The 1980s: Countdown to Armageddon, implying that the battle of Armageddon would happen soon. He even went so far as to say, "The decade of the 1980s could very well be the last decade of history as we know it," and he suggested that the U.S. would be destroyed by a surprise Soviet attack. Not surprisingly, because of Lindsey's adamant insistence that the 1980s would usher in the Great Tribulation, the book was quietly taken out of print in the early 1990s. Lindsey, however, would not give up. In the early 1990s, he published Planet Earth—2000 A.D., which warned Christians that they should not plan to still be living on earth by the year 2000.

Throughout his several books, Lindsey assumed that the Cold War would continue until the end and, in fact, play a significant part in the unfolding of end-time events. He even named Russia as the famous Gog of Revelation 20:8. Likewise, Lindsey believed the hippie culture of the 1960s and '70s would become the dominate culture in the U.S., ultimately leading to the immorality and false religion "prophesied" to arise in the endtimes by various Bible passages.Clearly, none of these prophecies have come to pass, and many have been proven wrong due to the dates ascribed to them, yet Lindsey is still lauded by many Christians as a great modern prophet....... go figure!

Last edited:
I would say that the Pope has more influence than any other Christian worldwide, and having come out of that church I certainly do not agree with them.

But anywhere Jesus’ name is gone forth it does not return to God void. Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Php 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I (Paul) therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Last edited:
I didn't know that hal wrote another. my problem is that I can see that he did influence pastors. even Adrian rogers. hal also contradicted himself. the us wasn't player and now is. he focus on end times. ok, most pastors that I listen to are all pre tribbers. I can count on my hand how many times they have preached on the return of jesus with that bias. ONLY when they must or on that section and even then it was you can be saved and you don't have to face the wrath of god. come and repent.hal? I cant recall if he does tell others to repent. he might but not on his tbn show.

He that has ears to hear, let him hear.

Jesus said in John 16:12-15 NIV, “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

Who is the spirit of truth? Jesus. Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

As I stated before, there is "rhema word" that comes straight from Jesus that will not be in the bible to help you. He will speak through Apostles, Prophets, and people.

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."

Many Christians may call some mighty men and women of God frauds because this hearing has not yet been revealed to them.

Last edited:

Jesus said in John 16:12-15 NIV, “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

Who is the spirit of truth? Jesus. Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

As I stated before, there is "rhema word" that comes straight from Jesus that will not be in the bible to help you. He will speak through Apostles, Prophets, and people.

Many Christians may call others mighty men and women frauds because this hearing has not yet been revealed to them.
I do not wish to argue this but from the time I began paying attention to Christian Speak, the mid-sixties, this has been the stock answer and rebuke to people attempting to obey Jesus by using and growing their knowledge of discernment. Ilove, Jesus, straight up informed us that we will know them by their fruits and that we must discern truth that we might not be led astray.

And the Bible is the truth and any time anyone says anything that disagrees with the context of the Bible, it is not true because God has never, never, lied. Hal, Benny and thousands of others are False Prophets that tickle the ears as they lead men, women and if they are over the age of responsibility, children into Hell, rejoicing until they arrive. Your response is general at best and, in fact, address' not a single issue.

I do not wish to argue this but from the time I began paying attention to Christian Speak, the mid-sixties, this has been the stock answer and rebuke to people attempting to obey Jesus by using and growing their knowledge of discernment. Ilove, Jesus, straight up informed us that we will know them by their fruits and that we must discern truth that we might not be led astray.

And the Bible is the truth and any time anyone says anything that disagrees with the context of the Bible, it is not true because God has never, never, lied. Hal, Benny and thousands of others are False Prophets that tickle the ears as they lead men, women and if they are over the age of responsibility, children into Hell, rejoicing until they arrive. Your response is general at best and, in fact, address' not a single issue.
My comment I gave is not for fans of Jesus Christ, but only followers (Disciples of Lord Jesus Christ). This why I stated "He that has ears to hear, let him hear. This word is hidden in their heart and cannot be taken away from the evil ones.

Many Christians may call some mighty men and women of God frauds because this hearing has not yet been revealed to them.

My comment I gave is not for fans of Jesus Christ, but only followers (Disciples of Lord Jesus Christ). This why I stated "He that has ears to hear, let him hear. This word is hidden in their heart and cannot be taken away from the evil ones.

With all due respect, this is not only very judgmental (you're implying that many of us are merely "fans" and not "followers"), it's exceedingly dangerous and not biblical. Believers are commanded to identify false teachers and their teachings, for the sake of the truth of the gospel. This is done by comparing what is being taught with what the Bible states. If anything contradicts the Bible, then it is error and must be discarded. If one can simply claim that something they teach isn't in the Bible but "comes straight from Jesus" in such a way that the Bible is of no use, then one can claim anything. And this is precisely what cults do. This is very dangerous thinking.

Do you even have Scripture to support your statement that 'there is "rhema word" that comes straight from Jesus'? If so, please provide it.

What is happening so often now is precisely what Bill gave from Scripture:

2 Tim. 4:2-4, 2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season;reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. 3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. (ESV)

With all due respect, this is not only very judgmental (you're implying that many of us are merely "fans" and not "followers"), it's exceedingly dangerous and not biblical. Believers are commanded to identify false teachers and their teachings, for the sake of the truth of the gospel. This is done by comparing what is being taught with what the Bible states. If anything contradicts the Bible, then it is error and must be discarded. If one can simply claim that something they teach isn't in the Bible but "comes straight from Jesus" in such a way that the Bible is of no use, then one can claim anything. And this is precisely what cults do. This is very dangerous thinking.

Do you even have Scripture to support your statement that 'there is "rhema word" that comes straight from Jesus'? If so, please provide it.

What is happening so often now is precisely what Bill gave from Scripture:

2 Tim. 4:2-4, 2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season;reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. 3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. (ESV)
reba deletes my posts if I say that.Apparently it is against the ToS :confused

reba deletes my posts if I say that.Apparently it is against the ToS :confused
Do you agree that it is dangerous? If so, let's just focus on that. If not, we can discuss it if you like.

Yea, but it is the RIGHT opinion.
Does it matter, since if ANY of us made that statement, it would still be just our own esoteric opinions.... and possibly either RIGHT or WRONG?

Someone believes because they believe as they see and understand something, not because someone else determines their belief is true or false.

I mean that IF my interpretation (or yours) of a Bible verse has to be the only "correct" interpretation, then it would not matter if anyone else attempted to say THEIR interpretation was the RIGHT one.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back