Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Favorite Biblical charecter - besides Jesus

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
OK, so I am new to these forums and while I love to read and debate the meatier things I wanted to see what kind of people I would be surrounding myself with outside of the big fancy words and theological debate, by asking a simple question.

Besides Jesus what is your favorite person in the bible?

I'll start it off by saying mine is John the Baptizer and if I could only pick one scripture to draw that from it would be this one

Luke 7:24-50

King James Version (KJV)

<SUP id=en-KJV-25220 class=versenum>24</SUP>And when the messengers of John were departed, he began to speak unto the people concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness for to see? A reed shaken with the wind?
<SUP id=en-KJV-25221 class=versenum>25</SUP>But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? Behold, they which are gorgeously apparelled, and live delicately, are in kings' courts. <SUP id=en-KJV-25222 class=versenum>26</SUP>But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? Yea, I say unto you, and much more than a prophet.

I get a picture of John in my head from this scripture and the one about him wearing camels skin and eating on locusts and honey and I see a complete wild man sold out and on fire jumping out of trees suplexing sinners into the Jordan unashamed and unrelenting with a crazy beard and a wild look in his eye ready to dunk anybody or anything if a donkey comes to the river bank to take a drink he's getting baptized today! Go John when I get to heaven, I can't wait to bask in the unfilterred unadulterated glory of God but as soon as I get a chance I'm going hang out with John.

Paul, mostly because of the glory of the Lord shown through him.

I mean the Apostles and the brethren didnt even beleive it at first that Paul believed Jesus was the Christ, they didnt want him anywhere near them at first thinking he was going to kill or beat or inprison them as he was doing beforehand, then Pauls work itself through the grace of God in the Holy Spirit speaks volumes of itself.

I love them all, I rejoice greatly in the way the Lord established His glory particularly through Paul.

Paul, mostly because of the glory of the Lord shown through him.

I mean the Apostles and the brethren didnt even beleive it at first that Paul believed Jesus was the Christ, they didnt want him anywhere near them at first thinking he was going to kill or beat or inprison them as he was doing beforehand, then Pauls work itself through the grace of God in the Holy Spirit speaks volumes of itself.

I love them all, I rejoice greatly in the way the Lord established His glory particularly through Paul.

wow! I am delighted to read this, warfrog. I always have Paul of the apostle in my heart.
In fact, warsaw, you deserve a private jet! Hahaha!
2Tim4:7 I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Isn't that awesome from Paul. I love Paul for this. He is simply fantastic. I wish I could finish the race.

A second choice is king David - a man after God's own heart.
I am confused...and how about Moses who saw God?
O MY GOD!

Welcome Rage

I will pick Pete in the NT Good ol Pete is more like me, sept i am a woman! :yes
The blue collar type. highs and lows

OT Noah. Seems Noah never missed up. Abe, Solomon & David, were cheaters..

Welcome Rage

I will pick Pete in the NT Good ol Pete is more like me, sept i am a woman! :yes
The blue collar type. highs and lows

OT Noah. Seems Noah never missed up. Abe, Solomon & David, were cheaters..
Interesting! Peter...and peter drew the...

There are so many to choose from, but I would say Moses is one of my favorites. Even though he was raised a Roman and had the best of everything he adhered to the voice of God for the purpose for which he was born for. He faced Roman persecution, sarcasm and rebellion from his fellow Hebrews just to lead them to a place of promise that he himself would never be able to enter. I'm sure he got frustrated and complained to God many times, but his faith and belief in God is what brought him through every step he took. All of us need this enduring faith as we face the trials and tribulations in our own lives by the persecutions of others.

Paul for me. I see him as the perfect example of how anyone...no matter how evil we can be...anyone can be saved.

lol, I knew Paul would do well in this forum writing arguably 2/3's of the NT and a powerhouse for sure. I like Peter as well Reba I have prayed for Jesus to re-afix more than a couple ears in my time.

This is a tough one. I like Abraham because that seems to have been the start of God revealing His character to humanity. I can't even imagine it...you spend over 70 years in a pagan culture, and then *bam*, God calls you, you answer, and the world changes forever.

This is a tough one. I like Abraham because that seems to have been the start of God revealing His character to humanity. I can't even imagine it...you spend over 70 years in a pagan culture, and then *bam*, God calls you, you answer, and the world changes forever.
...and the world changes forever.
I love that perspective! Simply superb. Noble price!!!!

My personal favorite is Joseph. He did nothing wrong and always ended up bad. But God was always with him and never left his side, it was all big part of a bigger plan. I feel most of the times the same as Joseph. I try to believe that all my hard times are a tests and God is there with me. Its all part of a bigger plan :study

Hi RP and welcome!

I'm with Dash. I think I was in 4th or 5th grade and I stumbled across some of those "Golden" books that told the OT stories. I absolutly loved them.

But something about Joseph and his story really resonated with me as I identified with his mistreatment etc, and I knew that somehow, whoever this God was, he had a plan for me.

The first half of my life was pretty rough, and as such I always identified with those who suffered in the Bible. Lamatations really struck me, and Job... I can't tell you how many times I've sat in sack cloth scraping the wounds (figuratively that is) asking God why.

And then there was Jacob... Good old Jacob. I don't think I liked him much. Something about him just wasn't right.

Paul because his background before knowing Christ is similar to mine.

And I love Stephen too..his convictions before he was stoned to death is inspirational.

sorry i my english nwt bible is in a box aside with the dutch one and now i only have a dutch catholic witch is dutch.

so hope the names get through.

joseph, ezra, job, lot, jonah

am not gonna explain all why:biggrin:shame2

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back