Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Female Officers in the Early Church

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
And how's that going for the church? Are all the women complaining about it? I'm guessing no.

If a woman desires to be a deacon, is she fully aware of deacons duties and still want the position? If she can handle it and wants to, so what? But if she isn't one of the few women who know job site dance steps who would tell her no? In my experience people are put to work doing what they are best at for the company or organization. Most times, women excell at supporting roles and there's nothing wrong with that.

That's why I like Tomboys. I married one. She'd wrestle in a heartbeat. She rebuilt her own carberator on her car after wathing me rebuild mine from a kit. She's like, I can do that. And just did it. Perfect first try.
Normally I mowed the grass, she had enough to do inside, lol. But when I was busy and hadn't got to it, she wouldn't complain. I'd just come home late from work one day and it's done. No one asked her to do it. She just did.
Most to my knowledge are compliterain.this duty also carry and conceal weapons .sadly elders and deacons must also carry .homeless carrying knives into our church acting strange ,others driving by and acting odd.

The pastors wife is a physician assistant,,she has training in triage ,and ob GYN and virology as an intern plus physical rehab .cutting bodies open to heal isn't a princess job .or setting bones .

Despite that she hasn't that masculine nature seen in some .

For the education of anyone who wants to know how we know the meaning of Greek words: here's the basic. We know Latin a whole lot better than Greek. Fortunately, we have an ancient translation of the NT into Latin (the Vulgate), from which we can infer with reasonable certainty the meaning of Greek words. There are other principles, such as extra-biblical books, but the Latin is essential. Without the Vulgate, we might very well not be able to read the NT.

jasonc Edward The earliest role of deacons in a church was that they were pastors in training. Only in more recent times have they taken on more servile roles.

From observation of a church or two, the problem is more a lack of real maturity in Christ with the accompanying lack of discernment. The apostles chose people of a character quality matching the task. We vote often based on worldly accomplishments (a PhD has a better chance of winning that a janitor.) I’m not sure anyone even mentions character qualities but it’s democratically assumed all have good character, no differences.
One or two churches? That's very limited. I've been to several churches and I'm only 17, but you've only observed two? Right off the get go, you admit the inadequate size of your sample.
Anyways, I've noticed this for churches in general, not just egalitarian churches. But this does not mean that egalitarian churches have always had such a lack of discerning. That would be a bold claim.

jasonc Edward The earliest role of deacons in a church was that they were pastors in training. Only in more recent times have they taken on more servile roles.
The word for elder is ?

Presbyterias,the elders in my church are trained in Bible studies and to teach .one having been an elder for decades and never called to be a pastor .
Another a retired pastor who learned Koine Greek ,as my pastor does.i know one who speaks that and knows it in Greek ,Spanish and Korean and can recite it as such .

The problem for you is that logic argument .it can't be said that it's anyone who either male or female as the context isn't that at all and all letters by Paul before Gave context of males in the elder ,an elder can teach,correct and rebuke and have authority.paul didn't want women to have that level over men .yes there is that weaker argument of junias etc .

I don't see a diaconos ,espicapas or the Presbyterias as being women in that type of office you say for women .

It's a minor heresy but we'll I have been to both sides of this .I am a complemtarain for a reason . Those words are interchangeable in some context . I would have to ask my pastor on that .been a while .

Lexicons are great but we'll I wouldn't learn Spanish using that , especially a dead language . Koine Greek is taught to lawyers .it's used because of it's precise wording more and and option with Latin to learn law context .

The thing is though, that people who are not of a certain character would not even be considered for such a position in the church, whether they be male ot female wouldn't matter.

On the other hand, People who are of that character have already overshadowed any qualifying traits like being a man a nonsensical issue because these folks both male and female are led by the Holy Spirit and are led to such positions. The Holy Spirit seems to anoint whomever He wants to, lol!

So it's not like you can say, hey let's run this church with a totally secular system. You just can't do it, it's a church. The Holy Spirit is in charge, Or supposed to be.

I'm unsure why you bring up this subject? Have you heard of some women complaining that they can't be a deacon at some church or something?

Edward Reading your posts, I'm not at all surprised that girls take offense at you. Quite frankly, you are an offensive person.

Hey that was one girl, and she didn't understand what I meant. Just like you didn't.

I was married to my Wife for 26 years. How offensive does that suggest I was?

How long have you been married? Thought so. You've no room to talk young one.

One or two churches? That's very limited. I've been to several churches and I'm only 17, but you've only observed two? Right off the get go, you admit the inadequate size of your sample.
Anyways, I've noticed this for churches in general, not just egalitarian churches. But this does not mean that egalitarian churches have always had such a lack of discerning. That would be a bold claim.
I wasn’t paying attention to who was elected overseers before or how it ran. Besides, I’ve been in the church a lot longer than you have so my impression on the whole has more examples then yours.

Servile work isn't in the Lord.

Yes their gifts in the body that are less glorious but we'll Jesus said if you seek to the greatest you will be the least .

I have not asked for the deacon office but it may be thrust upon me . I do what I can because it is the least I can do .

A pastor can't mow the yard,visit the sick ,teach and preach and feed the poor and fix toilets and tend to widow's and widowers .

No matter how small it is or large or gifted .there is always a need for more and you aren't all that .

To use the word menial or servile is insulting.yes character counts .

imo the office of the deacon should be a calling not picked
Others verified.

God raises men up.others may see it and push you into it .
It's in my nature from the army to see a problem ,fix it and not ask to be noticed while doing it .nco ought to do that .

My pastor calls that a deacons heart .do things behind the scenes because it's a need but not wanting to be seen doing it

Others verified.

God raises men up.others may see it and push you into it .
It's in my nature from the army to see a problem ,fix it and not ask to be noticed while doing it .nco ought to do that .

My pastor calls that a deacons heart .do things behind the scenes because it's a need but not wanting to be seen doing it
over the years i have watched the office of deacion go from servant to boss over everyone

The arp church I attend is one that has deacons ,and elders.they are not the same .

A deacon doesn't teach

the role of the deacon is to work side by side of the pastor . and if the pastor cant be there to preach. he should find a stand in or be able to bring a message of some sort
In some churches but not the arp.

The arp uses the words plurality of elders ,these are not deacons .

Back