Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Food for Noah's Animals

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If there were any fish or sharks on the Ark they were the food. :-D

Orion said:
Question for the "all animals were vegan" people. . . . . . . What did the lifeforms of the ocean eat? :-?

What am I going to do with you mate go to......

Genesis 7: 21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:
22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.
23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

These verses say nothing about sea creatures :smt090

I'm talking about, before the supposed flood, actually.

However, since you've mentioned the flood, . . . what was the reason why the plants and land animals were destroyed?

VaultZero4Me said:
My question to those who believe that all the animals were vegans is:

Did God know that there would be sin and therefore eventually the garden would be done for, and certain animals would begin to eat each other. Therefore he made their bodies better suited for meat-eating from their creation (and less suited for the veggies), in order to pre-empt the fall.

What method are we supposed to use to "out guess what God was thinking"?

Bob

Orion said:
Question for the "all animals were vegan" people. . . . . . . What did the lifeforms of the ocean eat? :-?

The text on animals eating plants was in reference to those made on day... (can you guess which day)???

And the life forms in the sea were made on day...?? (Can you guess which day??)

As for "Animals changing depending on environment" let's take the example of the Pig set free into the wild for 3 generations. There is "science" not imagination.

Bob

BobRyan said:
VaultZero4Me said:
My question to those who believe that all the animals were vegans is:

Did God know that there would be sin and therefore eventually the garden would be done for, and certain animals would begin to eat each other. Therefore he made their bodies better suited for meat-eating from their creation (and less suited for the veggies), in order to pre-empt the fall.

What method are we supposed to use to "out guess what God was thinking"?

Bob

So that's the answer? If you can't understand it with human logic and capabilities, don't worry about it? Still take it literal?

Sounds intellectually broken to me. I would think God would want us to use what he gave us to understand the natural world and the Bible.

Not everyone has that desire I guess.

The exercise in "making stuff up" is kinda like the exercise we see in Darwinism as Patterson tells us about "Stories about how one thing came from another -- stories easy enough to make up but they are not science".

Once you agree to live in the realm "as though you were dealing with fact" then sure -- coming here and "imagining what God was thinking" probably seems like a good productive exercise.

I have no doubt about that.

And then of course when atheists "imagine one way" and Christians "yet another way" -- not too surprising and since the whole foundation is "just imagining stuff" in the first place, the result is that every way is just as good as any other. Nothing to be "concluded".

Bob

Anyone who likes to construct complete thoughts like to weigh in?

Orion said:
I'm talking about, before the supposed flood, actually.

However, since you've mentioned the flood, . . . what was the reason why the plants and land animals were destroyed?

7.gif

They live in a different world that thrives on water they don't need bread to eat they don't need lungs to breath, otherwise Noah would have had to have a pool area the size of a football stadium. In layman's terms your guess is as good as mine :smt017

Btw I was speaking about my reasons why sea life survived :oops:

But I am asking for what reason that plant life and animal life was deemed necessary to destroy, as well?

Orion said:
But I am asking for what reason that plant life and animal life was deemed necessary to destroy, as well?

Oh goody! IS this where we get to "make stuff up" because I have a theory on that -- a "story easy enough to make up" --- you know... just like Darwinism.

Interested?

Bob

Once again, I don't claim to be a darwinist.

I'm just wanting to know why the destruction of all plants and animals was a part of the plan to "rid the world of men who continually thought evil in their minds"?

Ok -- you're serious then. We are not given the video clip obviously -- but as to "some guessing" look at Genesis 6 and the statement it makes about "all flesh" becoming corrupt.

God may have more "information" behind that statement than we normally give credit.

Man was created perfect - as were all animals. (see the list of living fossils for a tiny example of the stasis found in nature). In Gen 1 on day 6 we are told that man and land anmials were all given plants to eat "not each other".

Many things changed after the fall and who knows what kinds of things were done in nature to corrupt it.

Instructively - we have today Britian voting in favor of Chimera hybridization between animals and humans. Here is an example of what humans who live on average less than 95 years can "come up with". The humans living before the flood lived for over 900 years.

Since the topic is "open to imagination" -- we leave it at that.

Bob

JesusName-1-1.jpg

Do you have a bible? quite a number of people have bibles but never read them, they serve two purposes, # 1. To impress their Pastor, friends and family & # 2. Window dressing that collects dust, I want you to follow me in your bible if you would and turn to the book of

Genesis chapter 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

This must have broken his heart, he created a world just for us we trashed it thumbed our noses at him and didn't even say thank you your majesty, wouldn't it break yours if man that you loved like no other hated you. Did you follow along, you would love him he says and does the nicest things

Orion said:
Once again, I don't claim to be a darwinist.

I'm just wanting to know why the destruction of all plants and animals was a part of the plan to "rid the world of men who continually thought evil in their minds"?

Well in Gen 6 we see that flesh in some way had become corrupt and that it was destroyed BECAUSE of that.

So it is easy to conclude that only the flesh destroyed was at that level of corruption.

As to WHY that was the only form corrupted... more guessing?

in any case back to our chimeras project in Britain -- I don't know that they are considering animal-human hybrids with all animals and i don't know that their hybridization animal-to-animal is across all sea life.

I imagine there was a "stopping point" where God stepped in - in Gen 6 and said "enough".

Looks like the text is saying it.

Bob

Or, this is a fictiscious story based upon a catastrophic local flood, perhaps centuries before someone decided to place a fellow Hebrew in the mix and tell a tale that didn't happen. "All flesh corrupt" makes no sense. It is a HUGE over exageration that is supposed to be SO vague that no one can really make sense of what it even means. Why MUST this story be read as a literal event, anyway??? I really don't understand the reason for it. :-?

Are you asking "Why should a Christian believe the Bible is true"??

Are you asking "is there some kind of Exegesis that would turn Bible history into poetry but not fact"??

OR has your "de-conversion" lead you to ask "why be a Christian since the Bible is not true"?

Darwin

By further reflecting… that the more we know of the fixed laws of nature the more incredible do miracles become, - that the men of the time were ignorant and credulous to a degree almost incomprehensible to us,- that the Gospels cannot be proved to have been written simultaneously with the events,- that they differ in many important details///

I gradually came to disbelieve in Christianity as a divine revelation…. But I was very unwilling to give up my belief; I feel sure of this, for I can well remember often and often inventing day-dreams of old letters between distinguished Romans… which confirmed in the most striking manner all that was written in the Gospels. But I found it more and more difficult, with free scope given to my imagination, to invent evidence which would suffice to convince me. Thus disbelief crept over me at a very slow rate but was at last complete. The rate was so slow that I felt no distress, and have never doubted even for a single second that my conclusion was correct.

Darwin (1887) III p. 308 [Barlow (1958)].[/i]
[/quote]

Perhaps you see what Darwin was looking at --

Bob

BobRyan said:
Are you asking "Why should a Christian believe the Bible is true"??

Are you asking "is there some kind of Exegesis that would turn Bible history into poetry but not fact"??

OR has your "de-conversion" lead you to ask "why be a Christian since the Bible is not true"?

Darwin

By further reflecting… that the more we know of the fixed laws of nature the more incredible do miracles become, - that the men of the time were ignorant and credulous to a degree almost incomprehensible to us,- that the Gospels cannot be proved to have been written simultaneously with the events,- that they differ in many important details///

I gradually came to disbelieve in Christianity as a divine revelation…. But I was very unwilling to give up my belief; I feel sure of this, for I can well remember often and often inventing day-dreams of old letters between distinguished Romans… which confirmed in the most striking manner all that was written in the Gospels. But I found it more and more difficult, with free scope given to my imagination, to invent evidence which would suffice to convince me. Thus disbelief crept over me at a very slow rate but was at last complete. The rate was so slow that I felt no distress, and have never doubted even for a single second that my conclusion was correct.

Darwin (1887) III p. 308 [Barlow (1958)].[/i]

Perhaps you see what Darwin was looking at --

Bob[/quote]

Spam quotes much?

Spamming quotes does not hide the lack of sustance in your posts, nor the constant personal attacks as seen above in

The obvious way to have phrased that without risking being misleading would be to say something like

-Or has your de-conversion lead you to ask wether or not one should be a Christian at all if the Bible is not entirely literal.-

Even that would be uneccessary since the whole thread is on the literal/poetic view on specific parts of the Bible, and not someones personal faith. It adds nothing to the thread.

You intentionally quote things that I do not believe the posters above you have ever stated. This gives the apperance of putting words in their mouth, and is quite dishonest.

Here are a few Biblical quotes for you to read:

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." Exodus 20:16
Romans 12:17-21 "Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men."

Colossians 3:9-10 "Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him."

Matthew 15:18-20 "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man..."

Here is a more harsh verse:

Revelation 21:7-8 "He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back