Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Bible Study Galations 2:20

Do you think "self effort" is prevalent in the folk in the churches of today?
Yes, even to the point that it is a doctrine in some denomination. It is part of that other gospel that Paul talks about in (Gal. 1:6-9) (Gal. 3:1-12) Those that were born again by faith, were being swayed by some that they had to continue by works (Gal. 3:2-3)

Care to expound on this, 'a new spirit. Where can I find that written as pertaining to the new birth.
(Ezk. 36:25-27). Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:1-47) (Eph. 4:23-25) (Gal. 5:16-17) (Gal. 2:20). If you have not the Spirit, you are none of His (Rom. 8:8-10). But most of all, I'am the recipient of a new Spirit, new man, Holy Ghost, Spirit of Christ. It is new, because I never had it before. Study the Scriptures above, they are self explanatory. Oh, and you must be born again (or anew) (John 3:1-8)

Christ in us
Douglas Summers

It was a little bit odd. I was reading Psalm 91...and it started sounding like a prayer to me. Like it was something that I should be declaring over my life! That hit me kind of hard, but in a good way. I instantly knew it was true. I know many people probably hold that this was a protection Psalm for Jesus...but then again...are we not in Jesus, is he not in us? Has He not promised all? So that's ours too. I got a real peaceful easy feeling when I realized that and prayed it. 92 is practically a continuation of it.

And the good ol' 23rd Psalm. What a fantastic prayer. ...valley of the shadow of death, fear no evil. Geez, this whole planet is the valley of the shadow of death. :yes

I, for some reason have been back to your post several times. There's something I'd like to share with you, only, because you and I go way back to when I joined CF.net. You gave me some vital information and guidance. It is because I feel that you're a champion in this....John Piper wrote, in his book "Desiring God". "God (Yahweh) is most glorified by our JOY in Him. AND, He is most glorified in me when I'm most SATISFIED in Him." I have noticed, over the years, you my friend exhibit those qualities.

I simply want to encourage you Edward because you are a very precious Brother and Friend and it's my honor to be your friend.

I love You,
Chopper :hug

I'm repeating what you wrote because I like it....
And the good ol' 23rd Psalm. What a fantastic prayer. ...valley of the shadow of death, fear no evil. Geez, this whole planet is the valley of the shadow of death. :yes

:rofl2O man, that made my morning. :hysterical

(Ezk. 36:25-27). Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:1-47) (Eph. 4:23-25) (Gal. 5:16-17) (Gal. 2:20). If you have not the Spirit, you are none of His (Rom. 8:8-10). But most of all, I'am the recipient of a new Spirit, new man, Holy Ghost, Spirit of Christ. It is new, because I never had it before. Study the Scriptures above, they are self explanatory. Oh, and you must be born again (or anew) (John 3:1-8)

Christ in us
Douglas Summers

So it's a lump sum, no dividing of soul and spirit or The Godhead Bodily ?

So it's a lump sum, no dividing of soul and spirit or The Godhead Bodily ?
Not sure of your point? It is the word of God that divides soul and Spirit as a double edged sword. (Heb. 4:12) In fact, the word (in it's original text) is God. The Word of God, Christ and the Father are the same,they cannot be separated. (John 1:1) Tell me what your belief is on the Spirit. It is not a lump sum. It is two spirits in one body. (two natures) The body is condemned and will be dissolved,(Rom. 8:3) The Holy Spirit will remain and in the end, I will be Douglas Summers anew with a new body. (2 Cor. 5:1-5)

Last edited:
Back