Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Game Over?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Well....
Went to the surgeon today...
He and my original orthopedic doctor are getting together to confab about my knee...

I got a small chance...but I am going to make the most out of it.
The shots and an orthodox insert might give me a chance back to a somewhat normal work life. My laying about is giving my bone a chance to heal.

My kneecap is rubbing one side of the groove it rides in...that's the side of it that hurts when I climb stairs (up or down) or ladders (up or down) .

What he says is that they don't really know if this will work or not...but it's got a chance at working.

Maybe by the end of July I can go back to work.

If it's not bone on bone yet you do have hope that other treatments will help. Mine were both bone on bone and needed a complete replacement. I can climb steps and ride a bike, but no ladders unless they have a full foot base like a step does.

Good news! A small chance is worth grabbing with both hands. Hope in your heart makes a big difference.
Have you any idea when the treatment starts?
I go in for my first shot next week. (25th)

I'll go looking for the orthodox insert this weekend.

Estimator/Project Manager would be a good fit.

Yes office.

Yes higher pay!!!!

I'm totally at a loss as to what to do.

I'm a construction Electrician by trade. Meaning that I always get high at work...not mentally impaired by chemicals but I always climb stairs and ladders...

I just came back from the orthopedic doctor. My knee is shot...done...game over for climbing ladders. I currently have a huge bone bruise under the thin cartilage. That in itself is going to take two years to heal.
The remaining cartilage is arthritic and rough.

I go to the surgeon Tuesday...and then follow up with 3 silicone injections in my knee over a 6 week period of time.
And I was told no more stairs, bicycles, stooping, and especially ladders.

I've worked temp for so long...

I can still walk just fine.
I'm a high end of the high end electricians....I'm the guy that they put on difficult stuff. I can run pretty conduit and better than most faster with no fuss. Any type and size...

But game over. I have absolutely no idea what to do next.

I've had 4 different careers at this point... don't really want another. I'm not really made to do office work. Or anything else that is sedentary. I quit driving trucks when my low blood pressure kept making me fall asleep behind the wheel.
I'm too rough in person to be a civilized office puke. I haven't worn a tie in do long I'm not sure if I remember how to tie one anymore. If I have to go to a function needing one I'll have to buy a shirt that holds one. I own a few ties still.

I quit being a chef when the tendonitis was getting to be too much on my hands.

I quit being a salesman when I felt like I was selling my soul along with the sales.

So....now what?
Learn to Code

Learn to Code
I was brushing up on my codes knowledge...and it's not sticking...I remember how to look it up and that's why they wrote the book.
So...
Maybe I could pass the test if I had a class that taught the test....a test prep class.

Those are expensive but when I was looking at the requirements for getting a license they wanted $300,000 of assets and a ton of hard cash sitting in a bank account as well as the bond and business license and my good guy letters.

I'm totally at a loss as to what to do.

I'm a construction Electrician by trade. Meaning that I always get high at work...not mentally impaired by chemicals but I always climb stairs and ladders...

I just came back from the orthopedic doctor. My knee is shot...done...game over for climbing ladders. I currently have a huge bone bruise under the thin cartilage. That in itself is going to take two years to heal.
The remaining cartilage is arthritic and rough.

I go to the surgeon Tuesday...and then follow up with 3 silicone injections in my knee over a 6 week period of time.
And I was told no more stairs, bicycles, stooping, and especially ladders.

I've worked temp for so long...

I can still walk just fine.
I'm a high end of the high end electricians....I'm the guy that they put on difficult stuff. I can run pretty conduit and better than most faster with no fuss. Any type and size...

But game over. I have absolutely no idea what to do next.

I've had 4 different careers at this point... don't really want another. I'm not really made to do office work. Or anything else that is sedentary. I quit driving trucks when my low blood pressure kept making me fall asleep behind the wheel.
I'm too rough in person to be a civilized office puke. I haven't worn a tie in do long I'm not sure if I remember how to tie one anymore. If I have to go to a function needing one I'll have to buy a shirt that holds one. I own a few ties still.

I quit being a chef when the tendonitis was getting to be too much on my hands.

I quit being a salesman when I felt like I was selling my soul along with the sales.

So....now what?
Sell shoes.
That's what pastors do when they lose their jobs.

I was brushing up on my codes knowledge...and it's not sticking...I remember how to look it up and that's why they wrote the book.
So...
Maybe I could pass the test if I had a class that taught the test....a test prep class.

Those are expensive but when I was looking at the requirements for getting a license they wanted $300,000 of assets and a ton of hard cash sitting in a bank account as well as the bond and business license and my good guy letters.
No, I meant learn to code, like this:
Code:
<p style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">
Hello, World.
</p>

So...

But anyway, as far as being a codes inspector....

Learning the code book is like learning the Bible. You read it through and then you continually go back and reference those places in the code when that part of the code comes up in your day to day interaction with people.
And like any good Pharisee, you don't do anything to code on your own house, while you mercilessly require everybody else's house to be up to code.
It's a great way of life.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back