Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Gentile’s kept the Seventh Day Sabbath

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Plucking and husking ears of corn off the stalks in preparation to eat the corn as a meal would be work.

What about Jesus healing on the sabbath or telling others about rescuing a sheep that fell into a pit in which Jesus did on the sabbath. Did He violate any law when He did this, no. Go learn about the two different Sabbaths.
That's like saying opening a candy bar is work. Get real!

Plucking and husking ears of corn off the stalks in preparation to eat the corn as a meal would be work.

What about Jesus healing on the sabbath or telling others about rescuing a sheep that fell into a pit in which Jesus did on the sabbath. Did He violate any law when He did this, no. Go learn about the two different Sabbaths.
The two different Sabbaths were The Seventh Day Sabbath and the Festival Sabbaths.

So, are you going to keep The Seventh Day Sabbath for the love of God. Yes or no?

No, it’s true.

Mat 12:1 At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry, and they began to pluck heads of grain and to eat.
Mat 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said to him, “Look, your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath.” (ESV)
The Law actually allows them to do what they did:

Deu 23:25 If you go into your neighbor's standing grain, you may pluck the ears with your hand, but you shall not put a sickle to your neighbor's standing grain. (ESV)

It was only because it was on the Sabbath. So, it wasn’t according to the Law but to their own law added to the Law, lest they disobey it.

So, are you going to keep The Seventh Day Sabbath for the love of God. Yes or no?
It's not a commandment like the other nine. go back and read it again. For the love of God I will always keep the seventh day and everyday in remembrance of all He did in the first six days of creation, plus all He has done for me.

If you are married does your wife cook for you on Saturday or does she prepare the meal on Friday before sunset? Does she bring out the Menorah and light it as she says the prayers? Do you read from the Torah before your Saturday meal?

It's not a commandment like the other nine. go back and read it again. For the love of God I will always keep the seventh day and everyday in remembrance of all He did in the first six days of creation, plus all He has done for me.

If you are married does your wife cook for you on Saturday or does she prepare the meal on Friday before sunset? Does she bring out the Menorah and light it as she says the prayers? Do you read from the Torah before your Saturday meal?
The New Testament is based upon the Old Testament.

Commandment #4.
8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Yes, I eat prepared food.

Did you know that the Menorah has more to do with Christianity. That is why it is not used as a flag for Israel.

Revelation 1:20
The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.
(Seven Lampsticks) (Seven Congregations)

No, it’s true.

Mat 12:1 At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry, and they began to pluck heads of grain and to eat.
Mat 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said to him, “Look, your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath.” (ESV)
The Law actually allows them to do what they did:

Deu 23:25 If you go into your neighbor's standing grain, you may pluck the ears with your hand, but you shall not put a sickle to your neighbor's standing grain. (ESV)

It was only because it was on the Sabbath. So, it wasn’t according to the Law but to their own law added to the Law, lest they disobey it.
The priest were accusing the Disciples of harvesting on the Seventh Day Sabbath.

Husking a ear of corn to eat is not work, unless you are in very poor health.

No, you need to get real and understand the day of rest in Genesis 1-3, which mentions nothing about a Sabbath compared to the High Sabbath I already explained in Post #51.

Look what Jesus said in Matthew 12:1-14 about David eating the showbread or about the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless they blameless. What about what He said about a sheep that falls in a pit on the sabbath day. Jesus worked on the sabbath (day of rest) as He healed a lame man and told the Pharisees that the day of rest was made for man. If you have never picked corn off the stalk and husked the corn that is a work in order to feed yourself.

Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath (day of rest) as the sabbath was made for man as a day of rest and Jesus is Lord of that day.

The New Testament is based upon the Old Testament.

Commandment #4.
8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Yes, I eat prepared food.

Did you know that the Menorah has more to do with Christianity. That is why it is not used as a flag for Israel.

Revelation 1:20
The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.
(Seven Lampsticks) (Seven Congregations)
Sorry, but the Menorah was used way before Christ as the Jews did not even receive Christ as Messiah when He walked the earth as many Jews are still waiting for a Messiah and had the one killed that God sent to them. The flag of Israel has the star of David on it, not the Menorah.

What does Rev 1:20 have to do with the OP as that is another topic in which you and I have discussed before in another thread and will not be discussed in this one as it is off topic.

The priest were accusing the Disciples of harvesting on the Seventh Day Sabbath.
We are no longer under the Temple laws in which many laws were added by man to try and justify their own sin.

There are laws (commandments) of God that were especially written just for the Hebrews pertaining to the rituals of the Temple, sacrifices, festivals, Torah, Kohanim and Levites, the King and the Nazarite that have nothing to do with the Gentiles, especially since their is no more Jew or Gentile, Galatians 3:26-29. I very seldom use commentaries, but this one explains clearly about the sabbath day, not a High Sabbath week which are two different sabbaths.

Matthew 12:1-14
THE RIGHT USE OF THE SABBATH
The Pharisees had introduced a large number of minute and absurd restrictions on Sabbath observance; so our Lord set Himself to recover the day of rest for the use of the people. He never hesitated, therefore, to work miracles of healing on that day, and so set at defiance the Pharisees and their evil amendments. He contended also that all ritual observance must take the secondary place, and that the primary concern must always be the deep and pressing claims of humanity. Thus it was perfectly legitimate for David to eat the showbread.
Even if a sheep should fall into a pit on the Sabbath, it would be lifted out by the most punctilious of ritualists. How absurd and illogical it was to prohibit deliverance to this man with his withered hand! Notice that this man’s condition is symbolic of many who pose as good Christians, but do nothing. They have the power, but do not use it and it becomes atrophied. That power can be given back by Jesus. Dare to act and you will find yourself able to act.

We are no longer under the Temple laws in which many laws were added by man to try and justify their own sin.

There are laws (commandments) of God that were especially written just for the Hebrews pertaining to the rituals of the Temple, sacrifices, festivals, Torah, Kohanim and Levites, the King and the Nazarite that have nothing to do with the Gentiles, especially since their is no more Jew or Gentile, Galatians 3:26-29. I very seldom use commentaries, but this one explains clearly about the sabbath day, not a High Sabbath week which are two different sabbaths.

Matthew 12:1-14
THE RIGHT USE OF THE SABBATH
The Pharisees had introduced a large number of minute and absurd restrictions on Sabbath observance; so our Lord set Himself to recover the day of rest for the use of the people. He never hesitated, therefore, to work miracles of healing on that day, and so set at defiance the Pharisees and their evil amendments. He contended also that all ritual observance must take the secondary place, and that the primary concern must always be the deep and pressing claims of humanity. Thus it was perfectly legitimate for David to eat the showbread.
Even if a sheep should fall into a pit on the Sabbath, it would be lifted out by the most punctilious of ritualists. How absurd and illogical it was to prohibit deliverance to this man with his withered hand! Notice that this man’s condition is symbolic of many who pose as good Christians, but do nothing. They have the power, but do not use it and it becomes atrophied. That power can be given back by Jesus. Dare to act and you will find yourself able to act.
The fourth commandment of God is from Him and is part of the ten commandments.

No, you need to get real and understand the day of rest in Genesis 1-3, which mentions nothing about a Sabbath compared to the High Sabbath I already explained in Post #51.

Look what Jesus said in Matthew 12:1-14 about David eating the showbread or about the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless they blameless. What about what He said about a sheep that falls in a pit on the sabbath day. Jesus worked on the sabbath (day of rest) as He healed a lame man and told the Pharisees that the day of rest was made for man. If you have never picked corn off the stalk and husked the corn that is a work in order to feed yourself.

Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath (day of rest) as the sabbath was made for man as a day of rest and Jesus is Lord of that day.

For you then, eating is work.

I said nothing about being foolish or stupid about keeping the Sabbath.

Genesis 2:3
Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

Mark 2:27
Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

There is Mosses laws, and there is (Yahwah's / God) laws. The Ten Commandments are God's laws.

Moses laws dealt with the priesthood, Festival, Sacrifices, and Offerings.
A false distinction. God delivered laws through Moses.
Moses didn't invent Laws. God gave them to the Israeletes though Moses.

Matthew 19:17
“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

Jesus didn't say keep the Ten Commandments. He just said commandments.

17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
(Mk 10:17-19 - KJV)

Defraud not is not one of the Ten Commandments. It comes from Lev 19::13.
13 Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning. (KJV)

The fourth commandment of God is from Him and is part of the ten commandments.
I have pretty much given all I can to this thread. Considering that you are on the computer and not sitting back relaxing I guess you are not keeping this sabbath Saturday holy in remembrance of God and His day of rest. Even electronics in this day and age, including if you use your phone, would be coming against what you call a command of God and I really doubt that you or your wife cooked all three of your meals you are eating today.

So, for now I am leaving this thread unless I need to come back in. You have a blessed sabbath day.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back