Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Getting Out of the Sin-Confession Cycle.

I don't understand your response. :shrug
It was that Tenchi didnt seem to know how to respond to

If we say we have no sin, we should confess that sin and be washed of it by the blood of Christ.
Then we can walk in God, in Whom is no sin !
And, we can say we have fellowship with Him, (1 John 1:6), that we know Him, (1 John 2:3-6), and that we have no sin. (1 John 1:5)

Can't you admit that John is writing of two different walks ?
One in darkness, and the other in the light ?
and
Are you really willing to say your opening post was just typing practice with no inherent truth ?
You went on and on about breaking a cycle, you now say can't be broken.
What's up ?

It was that Tenchi didnt seem to know how to respond to

I'm afraid you mistake what my silence means. Hopeful 2 constantly derails threads into his favorite false doctrine of sinless perfection. We've had several discussions in various threads where I've shown him from God's word how in error his false doctrine is. I'm unwilling to help him derail this thread, too.

I've written in the Bible Studies forum a detailed biblical accounting of why the sinless perfection doctrine is so kooky. Just look among the past semi-recent threads for one of mine about the sinless perfection error, if you want to read it.

I'm afraid you mistake what my silence means. Hopeful 2 constantly derails threads into his favorite false doctrine of sinless perfection. We've had several discussions in various threads where I've shown him from God's word how in error his false doctrine is.

I've written in the Bible Studies forum a detailed biblical accounting of why the sinless perfection doctrine is so kooky. Just look among the past semi-recent threads for one of mine about the sinless perfection error, if you want to read it.
You brought up how to break the sin/confess cycle, but now say that break is a false doctrine ?
What's up ?

There are only two solutions!

Death!

And

Suffering!

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Thanks

Thanks be to God, that since the death and resurrection of Jesus, we can suffer our old man's death with Christ at our baptism (immersion) into Him and into His death and burial. (Rom 6:3-7)
Daily suffering and prayer is the only way to perseverance!

Daily suffering and prayer is the only way to perseverance!
Are you changing the topic ?
How will daily suffering help us endure sinlessly until the day of judgement ?
And where in the bible is any mention of that made ?

I do understand how lack of prayer will lead one farther away from God.

Are you changing the topic ?
How will daily suffering help us endure sinlessly until the day of judgement ?
And where in the bible is any mention of that made ?

I do understand how lack of prayer will lead one farther away from God.

1 Peter 4:1
Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

Why does it need to be in scripture for you to believe it?

Why dont you believe what is in scripture?

Where does the New Testament authorize the copying or translating of scripture?

Thks

How do you take that observation made to the Hebrews, and apply it to life today ?
Why would you use it to cause 'daily' suffering ?
Are you a flagellist ?
1 Peter 4:1
Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
Have you armed yourself with that mind ?
Have you ceased from sinning ?
Why does it need to be in scripture for you to believe it?
I must consider the source of what I choose to believe.
Why dont you believe what is in scripture?
I do beleive it, when it is used correctly.
Where does the New Testament authorize the copying or translating of scripture?
It neither authorizes nor forbids such a thing.
Is this another change of topic ?

How do you take that observation made to the Hebrews, and apply it to life today ?
Are you a flagellist ?

Donadams is catholic. That means she begs the question that RCC is the "apostolic church". I never saw her showing the RCC to be the apostolic church. Only assume.

"whatever my rcc says is true" Genetic fallacy. Humans are fallible.

And Dona promotes idolizing the saints and Mary. She'll deny it but its true, just see her posts.

Donadams is catholic. That means she begs the question that RCC is the "apostolic church". I never saw her showing the RCC to be the apostolic church. Only assume.

"whatever my rcc says is true" Genetic fallacy. Humans are fallible.

And Dona promotes idolizing the saints and Mary. She'll deny it but its true, just see her posts.
Her??? Don Adams

Are you a flagellist ?

Does the book of james only apply to people named james?

I gave other verses and its all thru the New Testament

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

1 pet 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

Are you a flagellist ?

Are you a flagellist ?
Are Christians “called by God to suffering”? Yes! Phil 1:29

Are you a flagellist ?

Did Christ establish a church with His authority to teach govern and sanctify?

Back