Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Getting Out of the Sin-Confession Cycle.

Donadams is catholic. That means she begs the question that RCC is the "apostolic church". I never saw her showing the RCC to be the apostolic church. Only assume.

"whatever my rcc says is true" Genetic fallacy. Humans are fallible.

And Dona promotes idolizing the saints and Mary. She'll deny it but its true, just see her posts.
Thanks, I know.
Back to the subject at hand, please .

Does the book of james only apply to people named james?
No, his letter was addressed to the twelve tribes.
I gave other verses and its all thru the New Testament
You gave two verses, in post #33.
Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
As Christians have taken Christ's cross to its end, our death with Jesus; what further need is there for it now ?
Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Hopefully, some will continue to heed Jesus' words and be killed and reborn.
Gal 5:24..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."
Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
Those baptized into Christ's death, have "suffered with Him".
2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
You are veering out of the lane you established...voluntary suffering.
2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:
That doesn't sound voluntary to me.
Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
Longsuffering...patience.
2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
Hardly voluntary.
2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;
Simple observations of the holy life.
1 pet 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
Peter speaks of our "immersion" into Christ's death.
THAT is where we suffer with Him.
THAT is how we can quit committing sin, and start to walk in the Spirit instead of in the "flesh".

THAT is how to break the sin-confess cycle !

Last edited:
The one true church is not the RCC.
Born Again Christians are the true church. Ekklesia.
Spiritual only?

What about the authority of the apostles in a line of apostolic succession!

Donadams is catholic. That means she begs the question that RCC is the "apostolic church". I never saw her showing the RCC to be the apostolic church. Only assume.

"whatever my rcc says is true" Genetic fallacy. Humans are fallible.

And Dona promotes idolizing the saints and Mary. She'll deny it but its true, just see her posts.
See how deceptive text can be

Dona Dams
Or
Don Adams

You need the authority who wrote it to tell you what it means

Example:

“A fat sandwich man”!

What does it mean?

A fat man who makes sandwiches?

Or

A man who makes fat sandwiches?

You cannot know I would have to tell you which is true!

Scripture alone? No
Scripture explained by the apostolic church founded by Christ with the same authority!
Matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23

Thks

As Christians have taken Christ's cross to its end, our death with Jesus; what further need is there for it now ?

Gal 5:24..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."

Hardly voluntary.

THAT is how we can quit committing sin, and start to walk in the Spirit instead of in the "flesh".

Post #38 has many from many books

Hardly voluntary.

Called to suffer not faith alone
Phil 1:29

Self-denial is a daily thing

Keeping the old man dead, (mortified), is a daily thing; but it doesn't equate to suffering unless you are lamenting the end of your sinning.
“Love never fails” 1 cor 13:8

Love implies suffering since the fall and its an imperfect world

Self-denial must involve suffering

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Suffering tribulation

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Heb 2:9-10 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

He is our model in everything!

No servant is greater than his master. Jn 13:16

Christ is our model in suffering. Matt 16:24 Our suffer for His sake, Phil 1:29 for the sake of His body the church. Col 1:24 for the salvation of souls. Phil 1:19

Christ came to take all the sins of the world on Himself!

What does that imply to the servant and disciple?

Thks

Spiritual only?
Huh? what do you mean!
What about the authority of the apostles in a line of apostolic succession!
Modern day ""apostles"" are not RCC. They do not follow extra RCC superstitions. They are Born Again Christians.
You have STILL never shown the RCC to be the apostolic church. I stand by my case.

Last edited:
You need the authority who wrote it to tell you what it means
God is the Authority.

You cannot know I would have to tell you which is true!
Or i could observe it for myself!

Matt 28:19
This has nothing to do with a group of humans "explaining Scripture". That verse gives the command to make disciples and baptize.
IDK why you think that verse backs your claim.

Jn 20:21-23
CONTEXT!!!
This is about the BIBLICAL TIMES apostles! This in NO WAY backs your claims.

More NON SEQUITURS from DONA DAMS!!

Huh? what do you mean!

Modern day ""apostles"" are not RCC. They do not follow extra RCC superstitions. They are Born Again Christians.
You have STILL never shown the RCC to be the apostolic church. I stand by my case.
How does a nebulas cloud of quote believers exercise authority

A believer is not a Christian but a catechumen

Faith and baptism are required to be a Christian

How do you think one gets “born again”

Huh? what do you mean!

Who is this speaking of apostles or believers?

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, (apostles) who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, (apostles) and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

“Love never fails” 1 cor 13:8
Love implies suffering since the fall and its an imperfect world
No wonder your supposed church is is far from Godliness.
Love in no wise implies suffering.
Self-denial must involve suffering
Why ?
That prayer is answered every time a man is baptized into Christ's death.
Suffering tribulation
Life isn't unending tribulation.
Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
Heb 2:9-10 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
He is our model in everything!
Everything except perfect obedience to God.
No servant is greater than his master. Jn 13:16
The servant is happy to be as his Master. (Matt 10:25)
Christ is our model in suffering. Matt 16:24 Our suffer for His sake, Phil 1:29 for the sake of His body the church. Col 1:24 for the salvation of souls. Phil 1:19
Suffer all you want, but sinner's suffering is worthless.
Until you actually repent, permanently, from all sin, God doesn't even hear your prayers. (John 9:31)
Christ came to take all the sins of the world on Himself!
What does that imply to the servant and disciple?
It implies their perfect obedience to His Father.

How does a nebulas cloud of quote believers exercise authority
It doesn't matter if Christians are scattered or concentrated. Did you think the population density of Christians mattered somehow?

How do you define your word "AUTHORITY"? Authority over WHAT?

A believer is not a Christian but a catechumen
How do you define your word "CATCHUMEN"?

Faith and baptism are required to be a Christian
"CHRISTIAN" means "FOLLOWER OF CHRIST".

Baptized HOW?

Obey them that have the rule over you, (apostles)
How do you know its referring to YOUR kind of "apostles" which you define to be catho lics?

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!
Define your phrases, "spiritual fathers " and "pastors of our souls".

What's your take on this scripture Paul wrote? Was Paul a sinner that depends on the grace of God?

Romans 7:15-25
15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[d] a slave to the law of sin.

What's your take on this scripture Paul wrote? Was Paul a sinner that depends on the grace of God?

Romans 7:15-25
15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[d] a slave to the law of sin.
Paul was no longer a sinner.
Some of Romans 7 is a narrative of Paul's past, while still in the "flesh": (and unsuccessfully trying to fulfil the Law of Moses).
Verse 5 infers he is no longer in the "flesh".
At the end of chapter 7, he illustrates that freedom; citing his new servitude to God, as opposed to his past servitude to the "flesh".

Romans 7 is a narrative of Paul's past,
I'm a word for word kinda guy.

He writes in present tense, he said I do, not I did, he said I see, not I seen, he said I want, not I wanted, he said it does not, not it did not, he said I want to, not I wanted to.
He said what a wretched man I am, not I was.
He said this I keep on doing, not I kept on doing.

Words have power.

You are not reading it correctly and therfore not comprehending it correctly.

Back