Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

GOD HAS MADE NO COVENANT WITH GENTILES

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
TO ABRAHAM'S SEED.
And the Seed is Christ.
But God made no covenant with Gentiles.

Where God makes covenant, He says so.
Here's two examples.

11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
Gen. 9:11.

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. Gen. 17:2.

God made no covenant with Gentiles.
Gentiles are grafted in.
At the Marriage Supper of the Lamb Israel will be there by covenant.
Gentiles will be there by invitation.
Jesus is the seed of the promise and in Him alone is that promise met.
So,
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Jesus is the seed of the promise and in Him alone is that promise met.
So,
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Paul is speaking spiritually.
No Jew can automatically be a Gentile, nor can a Gentile become a Jew as no wolf can become a sheep and no sheep can become a wolf.
One is either a descendant Abraham the Hebrew or one is Gentile, but not one and then the other.
And this verse does not show God made covenant with Gentiles.

No Jew can automatically be a Gentile, nor can a Gentile become a Jew as no wolf can become a sheep and no sheep can become a wolf.
One is either a descendant Abraham the Hebrew or one is Gentile, but not one and then the other.
Such praise is from God- Christ in us
For a person is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision something that is outward in the flesh, 29 but someone is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is of the heart by the Spirit and not by the letter. This person’s praise is not from people but from God.

Such praise is from God- Christ in us
For a person is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision something that is outward in the flesh, 29 but someone is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is of the heart by the Spirit and not by the letter. This person’s praise is not from people but from God.
Paul is speaking in a spiritual sense.

How does God write the new covenant on the hearts of the people?
“But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

“But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
First of all. It's a Promise to covenant House of Israel.
Second, The Law is type and shadow of the Holy Spirit. It is HE Whom God Promised to put in 'our' inward parts through the indwelling Holy Spirit.
But God has made no covenant with Gentiles.

First of all. It's a Promise to covenant House of Israel.
Second, The Law is type and shadow of the Holy Spirit. It is HE Whom God Promised to put in 'our' inward parts through the indwelling Holy Spirit.
But God has made no covenant with Gentiles.
How does God write that new covenant on the hearts of the people?

Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

So is this:
2Co 3:6 And He has qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
Paul is writing to Jewish believers. The covenant he is speaking of is the Mosaic Covenant. But he is speaking of the Mosaic Covenant and also this prophecy of Jeremiah:

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
That I will make a new covenant
With the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers
In the day that I took them by the hand
To bring them out of the land of Egypt;
Which my covenant they brake,
Although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel;
After those days, saith the LORD,
I will put my law in their inward parts,
And write it in their hearts;
And will be their God,
And they shall be my people.
Jer. 31:31–33.

Also note that God was husband to Israel thus making Israel the Bride of God and His Christ.
And the way God would write this new covenant on the hearts of His people Israel is through the indwelling Holy Spirit who was Promised to Israel and came to Israel just as Christ was Promised to Israel and came to Israel.
As long as the Temple stood until its destruction by Gentiles in AD 70 by the Romans the "ism" of Judaism remained. It was still a viable religion and Jesus was their Messiah.
Jesus came to and for the lost sheep of the House of Israel and over 3000 Jews were saved at the conclusion of Peter's first sermon in Acts 2.
And Peter was addressing his Jewish brethren, NOT Gentiles.

How does God write that new covenant on the hearts of the people?

Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
Who was with Him at the PASSOVER meal that was observed by Jews? His Jewish disciples. The covenant of Christ with His Bride Israel was prophesied in the Old Testament by Jewish prophets to the people of Israel.
He is Israel's Redeemer and King. The Redeemer part is accomplished and one day He will fulfill the other part of prophecy and that is to sit on the throne of David in Jerusalem.
God made no covenant with Gentiles. This is a Hebrew/Jewish covenant and Israel's Messiah said He came not to destroy the Law Israel had with God but to fulfill.
When you begin to see the Jewishness of the Abrahamic and Mosaic and Davidic Covenants and stop looking at it as a Gentile but as with a Jewish mind for everything about God's Covenant with Israel is TO and FOR Israel then your understanding of the great doctrines of the bible will grow exponentially.
For about 2000+ years we have been in the Times of the Gentiles in which God is bringing in Gentiles as per the blessings of Abraham and the prophecies of the prophets God sent to Israel. But this time will end, and God will again turn His full attention to His Bride and Church Israel and so, Paul says, all Israel will be saved.
Right now God is using Gentiles to make His Bride jealous.
At the Marriage Supper of the Lamb Israel is there by Covenant. Gentiles are there by invitation.

Who was with Him at the PASSOVER meal that was observed by Jews? His Jewish disciples. The covenant of Christ with His Bride Israel was prophesied in the Old Testament by Jewish prophets to the people of Israel.
He is Israel's Redeemer and King. The Redeemer part is accomplished and one day He will fulfill the other part of prophecy and that is to sit on the throne of David in Jerusalem.
God made no covenant with Gentiles. This is a Hebrew/Jewish covenant and Israel's Messiah said He came not to destroy the Law Israel had with God but to fulfill.
When you begin to see the Jewishness of the Abrahamic and Mosaic and Davidic Covenants and stop looking at it as a Gentile but as with a Jewish mind for everything about God's Covenant with Israel is TO and FOR Israel then your understanding of the great doctrines of the bible will grow exponentially.
For about 2000+ years we have been in the Times of the Gentiles in which God is bringing in Gentiles as per the blessings of Abraham and the prophecies of the prophets God sent to Israel. But this time will end, and God will again turn His full attention to His Bride and Church Israel and so, Paul says, all Israel will be saved.
Right now God is using Gentiles to make His Bride jealous.
At the Marriage Supper of the Lamb Israel is there by Covenant. Gentiles are there by invitation.

The Old Testament Law in all its precepts (and more) is given in Scripture as type and shadow of the coming Holy Spirit. It is HE Whom God Promised in this New Covenant to put in [our] inward parts.
The Law was written by the finger of God on stone and guided and directed Israel from without. The Holy Spirit dwelling in the believer is written in 'fleshly tables of the heart' to guide and direct him and her from within directly answering to our conscience. He is the 'earnest' or down payment of the eventual full dwelling of God within us when we reach glory.

1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. Genesis 17:1–7.

The Abrahamic Covenant. A covenant in which a man and his wife were given outstanding promises for not only him and his immediate children but for their descendants also. A covenant in which a Redeemer and King would be born to remove the sins of God's covenant people and give them eternal life. And from this day forward God has been working to that end using only this covenant and no other for there is no other Name by which anyone will be saved but the Name of God: Yahweh (YHWH.) It is only through this covenant will God save His Chosen people Israel. But God has made no covenant with Gentiles. But Gentiles are not excluded for there are many prophecies through the decades sent to Israel from God's prophets that Gentiles will be included, and we later find from the writings of Paul, grafted in along with the natural branches of the Olive Tree, which is Israel, that Israel will be the light to lead the Gentiles to Jerusalem to worship God alongside them.

The Church, or Great Congregation of the LORD is Israel. The Bride of Christ is Israel for God says in the Old Testament that He is betrothed to Israel forever. But God has made no covenant with Gentiles.
When all is said and done, and Israel's Messiah and King sits on the throne of David to rule His people from Jerusalem there will be a Marriage Supper of the Lamb and His Bride. Israel is there by covenant, but Gentiles will be there by invitation.
God has made no covenant with Gentiles.
But you Gentiles have receive an invitation to partake of the blessings God has bestowed upon Abram, Isaac, and Jacob, and the twelve tribes of Israel and their descendants.

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 1
2 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. Romans 11:11–29.

All well and good but God has made no covenant with Gentiles.

The Old Testament Law in all its precepts (and more) is given in Scripture as type and shadow of the coming Holy Spirit. It is HE Whom God Promised in this New Covenant to put in [our] inward parts.
The Law was written by the finger of God on stone and guided and directed Israel from without. The Holy Spirit dwelling in the believer is written in 'fleshly tables of the heart' to guide and direct him and her from within directly answering to our conscience. He is the 'earnest' or down payment of the eventual full dwelling of God within us when we reach glory.
The entrance into the new covenant Jesus introduced in Israel First isn't by genealogy. So why do you say it's with Jews only? Many Jews could not enter because of their unbelief.

His last supper was with His disciples who happened to be Jews.

Israel first than all nations. That is those who receive Him and believe in His name.

The entrance into the new covenant Jesus introduced in Israel First isn't by genealogy.
The Covenant God made with certain individuals in Scripture is through genealogy from Adam to Abel to Seth to Lamech to Noah to Shem all the way to Abraham. This is the family line God chose in which to establish His covenant.
From Abraham God made covenant with Isaac and also Jacob and it passed to Jacob's sons and their descendants. Nothing has changed. It continued all the way to Jesus. Jesus is from the tribe of Judah. All the Promises of God fall on Israel's Messiah. He is the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last.
The New Covenant was established through the death of a testator and that Person was Christ. And this covenant was promised to Israel through Him and only through Him, but God made no such covenant with Gentiles.

And will be their God,
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying,
Know the LORD:
For they shall all know me,
From the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD:
For I will forgive their iniquity,
And I will remember their sin no more.
Jer. 31:31–34.

The New Covenant, the New Testament is established with the people of Israel.
So why do you say it's with Jews only? Many Jews could not enter because of their unbelief.
The same will be said of Gentiles.
His last supper was with His disciples who happened to be Jews.
They didn't just 'happen' to be Jews. They were ordained in accordance with the covenant God made with the house of Israel. They were observing the Passover event of when God destroyed the firstborn of Egypt which led to the release of the Hebrews.
Israel first than all nations. That is those who receive Him and believe in His name.
Israel first and only.
At the Marriage Supper of the Lamb and His Bride Israel, know that Israel is there by Covenant.
Gentiles are there by invitation:

And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,
2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
And the Bride is Israel.
3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
God has sent numerous prophets and messengers to Israel and they killed every one of them, even the Prophet-Messiah, Jesus Christ.
6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
This happen when Gentiles destroyed the Temple and their cities in AD 70. It is around this time that the Times of the Gentiles started, and God began to bring in Gentiles while He blinded Israel and to make her jealous.
8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. 10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
Gentiles invited to the wedding.
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
The [wedding] garment represents righteousness (of God.)
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
The designation by Jesus of "friend" means a believer. There are no friends of God in "hell."
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
This means there is regret and remorse on the part of the person being cast out of the wedding.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Rev. 22:14–15.

Remember, when the adversary is released from prison he gathers his army against the people of God and fire from heaven devours them all. This army is comprised of everyone who did not have a wedding garment and was cast outside the city in outer darkness, since inside the city the Light is God Himself.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. Rev. 20:7–8.

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
Mt 22:1–14.

Paul is writing to Jewish believers. The covenant he is speaking of is the Mosaic Covenant. But he is speaking of the Mosaic Covenant and also this prophecy of Jeremiah:

Jer. 31:31–33.

Rev 5:9-10 And they sang a new song: “Worthy are You to take the scroll and open its seals, because You were slain, and by Your blood You purchased for God those from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. (10) You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign upon the earth.”
All genuine Christians are in a blood covenant with Christ.

Rev 5:9-10 And they sang a new song: “Worthy are You to take the scroll and open its seals, because You were slain, and by Your blood You purchased for God those from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. (10) You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign upon the earth.”

Paul is writing to the ekklesia of Christ, which has no partition dividing between Jew and Gentile, thus to all the saints, and there's our New Covenant, "not according to the one made previously" referenced in Jer. 31.

2Co 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the ekklesia of God in Corinth, together with all the saints throughout Achaia:

Eph 2:11-13 Therefore remember that formerly you who are Gentiles in the flesh and called uncircumcised by the so-called circumcision (that done in the body by human hands)— (12) remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. (13) But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14-22
For He Himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has torn down the dividing wall of hostility (15) by abolishing in His flesh the law of commandments and decrees. He did this to create in Himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace (16) and reconciling both of them to God in one body through the cross, by which He extinguished their hostility. (17) He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. (18) For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit. (19) Therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of God’s household, (20) built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the cornerstone. (21) In Him the whole building is fitted together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord. (22) And in Him you too are being built together into a dwelling place for God in His Spirit.

The Covenant God made with certain individuals in Scripture is through genealogy from Adam to Abel to Seth to Lamech to Noah to Shem all the way to Abraham. This is the family line God chose in which to establish His covenant.
From Abraham God made covenant with Isaac and also Jacob and it passed to Jacob's sons and their descendants. Nothing has changed. It continued all the way to Jesus. Jesus is from the tribe of Judah. All the Promises of God fall on Israel's Messiah. He is the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last.
The New Covenant was established through the death of a testator and that Person was Christ. And this covenant was promised to Israel through Him and only through Him, but God made no such covenant with Gentiles.

And will be their God,
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying,
Know the LORD:
For they shall all know me,
From the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD:
For I will forgive their iniquity,
And I will remember their sin no more.
Jer. 31:31–34.

The New Covenant, the New Testament is established with the people of Israel.

The same will be said of Gentiles.

They didn't just 'happen' to be Jews. They were ordained in accordance with the covenant God made with the house of Israel. They were observing the Passover event of when God destroyed the firstborn of Egypt which led to the release of the Hebrews.

Israel first and only.
At the Marriage Supper of the Lamb and His Bride Israel, know that Israel is there by Covenant.
Gentiles are there by invitation:

And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,
2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
And the Bride is Israel.
3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
God has sent numerous prophets and messengers to Israel and they killed every one of them, even the Prophet-Messiah, Jesus Christ.
6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
This happen when Gentiles destroyed the Temple and their cities in AD 70. It is around this time that the Times of the Gentiles started, and God began to bring in Gentiles while He blinded Israel and to make her jealous.
8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. 10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
Gentiles invited to the wedding.
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
The [wedding] garment represents righteousness (of God.)
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
The designation by Jesus of "friend" means a believer. There are no friends of God in "hell."
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
This means there is regret and remorse on the part of the person being cast out of the wedding.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Rev. 22:14–15.

Remember, when the adversary is released from prison he gathers his army against the people of God and fire from heaven devours them all. This army is comprised of everyone who did not have a wedding garment and was cast outside the city in outer darkness, since inside the city the Light is God Himself.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. Rev. 20:7–8.

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
Mt 22:1–14.
The theocracy of Israel was disbanded long ago. The blood of the covenant shed for the forgiveness of sins is entered through faith in Christ and the inward circumcision on the heart by the Spirit of Christ are those who are now called the children of God.

Those God calls His children.
children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Anyone who rejects Christ is cut off from any relationship with the one who sent Him. Those who listen and learn from the Father, (the one who sent Him) go to Jesus.
No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

Do you really think a man that God says is earthy and does not have the Holy Spirit living within is the image of God?

Or is it the NEW man that has the Holy Spirit dwelling within him that is the image of God?

Or is God speaking and looking forward to His Son who is as we know the image of God?

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: Col 1:15.

???
The law was not the very image, but as you knew before, is just and holy, yet it was not good enough as it contains killing and not the law of Christ which is to bar one anothers burdens and to not killl but to love. ( man was made in the image of God, the same as the law is a shadow, but not the very image, Christ is the perfect law and perfect image of the Lord.)

Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Hebrews 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

Whether Eve or anyone today the same applies to all:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. 16 Do not err, my beloved brethren. James 1:14–16.

The woman was tempted when she was drawn away of her own lust. She needed no one external to tempt her for it says temptation comes from within.

And who or what is the serpent?

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
16 Do not err, my beloved brethren. James 1:14–16.

There is not one method of temptation for the woman and one for everyone else. Temptation comes from within the person as it did with the woman. There was no external presence making the woman eat from the tree. It was a test of God's creation. They sinned because they were sinners and that's the only way God could create them outside Himself.
The tempter comes to us so is external. ( then departs from us and the tempter tries different means to tempt us.)

Matthew 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

Matthew 4:11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

1 Thessalonians 3:5 For this cause, when I could no longer forbear, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the tempter have tempted you, and our labour be in vain.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back