Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

God has only one name made known to us.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Aaron the Tall said:
I'm actually interested in what Unitarians have to say to prove their point that Jesus is not God.
I think there is some error in their thoughts - but I at least want the chance to reconcile their "proof-texts" with what I believe. I've been chatting with some Unitarians on another web site - and they are pretty sharp folks. I'm the minority on that site and there are 3 or 4 fellas telling me I'm misinterpreting the Scriptures. They can accuse me if they want - but I want to be able to learn from Trinitarians more learned than I what a proper response is to some of their "proof-texts."

This is a gross misrepresentation of the Unitarian belief. We, of course, believe that Jesus Christ WAS/IS God. There should be no denying that among any Christians (how can you be a Christian and not believe that Jesus is God?) However, the Unitarian belief uses scripture to prove that Jesus Christ dwells the Fullness of the Godhead bodily. He is more than simply the Son in the Triune Godhead. He is the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost all three. There is no distinction among members of the Godhead. You cannot take something that is one and make it three. Unitarians are usually criticized as saying we misrepresent Scripture. However, it is they who misrepresent scripture. Colossians 2:9, 1 John 5:7, John 10:30, and Mark 12:29 prove that the Godhead is One Being, not Three Persons. There is no mention of the titles "Father, Son, And Holy Ghost" in the OT. I've brought this up and was given a frivulous excuse as to the absence of this teaching. See, Trinitarians believe that God was always a Triune Godhead yet he didn't decide to reveal it until thousands of years after he had already established himself as the one true God. They say that this teaching would have been usless. However, there are several teachings on the coming of the Messiah in the OT, so seems like if God was going to reveal something that he had...(would "forgot" be the right word here, doubtful), he would have done it here. Yet, when Christ comes, we finally get these titles. And the titles are relevant then. Because, now we have a Father, Son, And Holy Ghost...yet they are not three.

See, God is never talking to himself. Jesus was both Jehovah God, and mortal. There are several times throughout the gospels in which we see that Jesus had a mortal nature that had trouble dealing with what he had. So, the Flesh prayed out to the Spirit. This is the Spirit that was within him and the same spirit that we pray to. You can read in Luke 12:19 how that a man and his soul are seperate things. We have a natural part of us, and a spiritual part. Christ had these also. See, the reason that it matters, especially in the Baptismal Formula comes to us from the Book of Acts. Yes, of course there is the Plan of Salvation (Acts 2:38 the only plan given in the Bible on how one may obtain salvation) But I will leave you with this...

Acts 4:12 - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

toddm said:
I would also just like to state for the record that believing correctly about God and His nature (ie, the Trinity) is important. If we change God's nature, then it's no longer the God of the Bible. A non-triune god is unbiblical and is therefore a FALSE GOD. Worshiping false gods matters to God and it should matter to us!
That is very good point. One I dont think I considered before.
If we HAVE the truth about our God in front of our eyes and refuse to accept what HE says about Himself, then it does seem that when we worship it wouldnt be the God of the scriptures that we are fellowshipping with.
I mean, if my wife says 'Hey John, lets spend some time together'...my name being William, can I expect that she means me or the guy next door ?

So, the Flesh prayed out to the Spirit.
And either that flesh was its own persona...or it WAS speaking to itself.
I like the 'Flesh' twist here. It makes it much easier for you to push error and fallacy here and very little for us to dig into scripture to and find to refute. ;)

But the fact is that all WE have to do is just ignore your choice of distracting terms and go right to Gods word instead to see that Jesus Christ is God and is His own person.
:)

Acts 4:12 - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Uh...yeah....the blood of the Son is the ONLY way to the FATHER :thumb

If you baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost you have not met the requirements to be saved. Because Jesus is the ONLY name whereby we can be saved. You can see that no one was ever baptized using the Triune Formula in the Bible. However, the Apostles used the Unitarian Formula six times in the book of Acts. The Belief in the Trinity is the Fallacy here. It distracts those who want truth. It leads people to be baptized using a formula that is incorrect and therefore, a waste of time. Jesus Christ is the name in which the Father is revealed, the name of the Son, and the name by which we call upon the Holy Ghost. Jesus Christ is Father, Son, and Holy Ghost all three.

follower of Christ said:
So, the Flesh prayed out to the Spirit.
And either that flesh was its own persona...or it WAS speaking to itself.
I like the 'Flesh' twist here. It makes it much easier for you to push error and fallacy here and very little for us to dig into scripture to and find to refute. ;)

But the fact is that all WE have to do is just ignore your choice of distracting terms and go right to Gods word instead to see that Jesus Christ is God and is His own person.

[quote:32lp4g9a]Acts 4:12 - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Uh...yeah....the blood of the Son is the ONLY way to the FATHER :thumb[/quote:32lp4g9a]

Yes, this is what I am saying. The Flesh is seperate from the Spirit, as we are shown in Luke 12. It's not a twist on scripture...it's what the scripture says. Just because you say it's a twist doesn't mean it is :)

Apostolic Soldier said:
Yes, this is what I am saying. The Flesh is seperate from the Spirit, as we are shown in Luke 12. It's not a twist on scripture...it's what the scripture says. Just because you say it's a twist doesn't mean it is :)
Jesus is His own person in the Godhead. We can rest assured that you ARENT saying that.
Sorry to ruin your day here.

mdo757 said:
Yahwah has many name titles, such as Elohiym and Holy Spirit. Abraham was a Monotheist.
The doctrine or belief that there is but one original God.

There are many gods, real or imagined, but there is only one original God whose name is Yahwah. Yahwah translated means "Life Began."

If we can back up just a bit here, where do you get your translation of YHVH = "Life Began".

The word "God" in the Bible is Elohim or El depending on emphasis and are Ancient Near Eastern terms which are not solely isolated to Israel. Furthermore, Elohim / El, even in the Hebrew always denotes a divine creator who is ruler. In the case of other religions in the Ancient Near East, Elohim was the supreme ruler over all the lessor gods and as it relates to Hebrew scripture. Thus, YLT Psalms 95:3 For a great El is YHVH, And a great king over all Elohim.

YHVH on the other hand is a bit more elusive, but is always in reference to how this El is in relation to his creation as a whole. In other words, it is Elohim who creates, but it is YHVH who interacts with his creation.

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The YHVH our Elohim is one YHVH.

This scripture is the beginning of what is known as the Shema and has much conversation surrounding it. Basically, it could be interpreted as saying, Listen up those who have overcame, The one who has created all that is, is the same one who interacts with that which He has created.

Colossians 1:15-17 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Colossians 1:18-19 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

What Paul writes in Colossians, would make Paul a heretic with the anti-Jesus crowd that had Jesus Crucified.

How would you reconcile the two pieces of scripture?

Grace and peace,
Jeff

Apostolic Soldier said:
If you baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost you have not met the requirements to be saved. Because Jesus is the ONLY name whereby we can be saved. You can see that no one was ever baptized using the Triune Formula in the Bible. However, the Apostles used the Unitarian Formula six times in the book of Acts. The Belief in the Trinity is the Fallacy here. It distracts those who want truth. It leads people to be baptized using a formula that is incorrect and therefore, a waste of time. Jesus Christ is the name in which the Father is revealed, the name of the Son, and the name by which we call upon the Holy Ghost. Jesus Christ is Father, Son, and Holy Ghost all three.
That is if you rely solely on baptism and formulas for salvation. I don't I rely on either. I rely of His promises as stated in scripture like Rom 10:9 and Eph. 2:8-9.

I hate to keep bringing up John 1, but it deals with Apostolic Soldier's view pretty easily.
He basically seems to be saying that Jesus in the flesh was basically just a meat puppet (no derogatory intent meant).
The problem with that is that John 1 shows that before Jesus was ever even born in the 'flesh' that He was the Word who is God and who was WITH God.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.
(John 1:1-2 EMTV)
We can claim that the flesh was just a meat puppet with some scriptures, possibly, but the fact is that John 1 speaks from the beginning, well before Jesus was born into His fleshly body.

follower of Christ said:
[quote="Apostolic Soldier":8itdb1ao]
Jesus is His own person in the Godhead. We can rest assured that you ARENT saying that.
Sorry to ruin your day here.
:)[/quote:8itdb1ao]

A rose by any other name....
I'll say it again, you are closer to agreement than you think. ;)
I'd like to put this forward for consideration..
The riches in the Father are transmitted through the Word, Jesus in the flesh, then through the indwelling Spirit of God into us. It took a triune God to accomplish God living in us.
John 16:15 said:
All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I (Jesus), that he (Holy Spirit) shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you (believer).

God = the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit
The Father predestines and plans, the Son accomplishes, and the Spirit seals and leads.
The Father is the source of divine life, the Son is the embodiment of divine life, and the Spirit is the essence and reality of divine life. Philip didn't quite get it.

In order for God to reach man and work through him, He was first embodied in the Son.
[quote="John 14:7-14":8itdb1ao] 7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. 12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
The Son is then realized in Spirit in the believer. Jesus says...I will come to dwell in you.
John 14:15-20 said:
15If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
[/quote:8itdb1ao]

Vic C. said:
[quote="Apostolic Soldier":27t6u63o]If you baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost you have not met the requirements to be saved. Because Jesus is the ONLY name whereby we can be saved. You can see that no one was ever baptized using the Triune Formula in the Bible. However, the Apostles used the Unitarian Formula six times in the book of Acts. The Belief in the Trinity is the Fallacy here. It distracts those who want truth. It leads people to be baptized using a formula that is incorrect and therefore, a waste of time. Jesus Christ is the name in which the Father is revealed, the name of the Son, and the name by which we call upon the Holy Ghost. Jesus Christ is Father, Son, and Holy Ghost all three.
That is if you rely solely on baptism and formulas for salvation. I don't I rely on either. I rely of His promises as stated in scripture like Rom 10:9 and Eph. 2:8-9.[/quote:27t6u63o]

I'm sorry but the Bible clearly states that Baptism is required for true salvation. First of all, the Plan of Salvation that Peter had (also known as the Keys To the Kingdom) states that to be saved one must "Repent, Be Baptized, And Filled With the Holy Ghost to be Saved."

Acts 10:47 - Can any man forbid WATER , that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we.

Acts 8:16 - (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of Lord Jesus.)

*John 3:5 - Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Matthew 3:15 - And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

*The modern way of explaining this as meaning "natural" birth and spiritual birth is not relevent. If you'll read the entire scripture here, you will see that Jesus is definately not talking anything natural. So, "of the water" relates in no way to natural birth.

And I do not the Flesh of Jesus as a puppet. However, Jesus only lived to DIE. The whole point of the Flesh was for eternal (blood) sacrifice. There was no other point in God coming to Earth in the manner he did. Jesus even told us that he came only to die.

Luke 24:46 - And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Vic C. said:
[quote="Apostolic Soldier":5zkxb486]If you baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost you have not met the requirements to be saved. Because Jesus is the ONLY name whereby we can be saved. You can see that no one was ever baptized using the Triune Formula in the Bible. However, the Apostles used the Unitarian Formula six times in the book of Acts. The Belief in the Trinity is the Fallacy here. It distracts those who want truth. It leads people to be baptized using a formula that is incorrect and therefore, a waste of time. Jesus Christ is the name in which the Father is revealed, the name of the Son, and the name by which we call upon the Holy Ghost. Jesus Christ is Father, Son, and Holy Ghost all three.
That is if you rely solely on baptism and formulas for salvation. I don't I rely on either. I rely of His promises as stated in scripture like Rom 10:9 and Eph. 2:8-9.[/quote:5zkxb486]

I agree...there is no formula by which we can be saved. :thumbsup There is also this verse, so it's certainly can't be wrong to be baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Matthew 28:19 said:
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

follower of Christ said:
I hate to keep bringing up John 1, but it deals with Apostolic Soldier's view pretty easily.
He basically seems to be saying that Jesus in the flesh was basically just a meat puppet (no derogatory intent meant).
The problem with that is that John 1 shows that before Jesus was ever even born in the 'flesh' that He was the Word who is God and who was WITH God.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.
(John 1:1-2 EMTV)
We can claim that the flesh was just a meat puppet with some scriptures, possibly, but the fact is that John 1 speaks from the beginning, well before Jesus was born into His fleshly body.

Hmmm....I didn't see him saying or even implying that. :confused

glorydaz said:
Vic C. said:
[quote="Apostolic Soldier":16r182kf]If you baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost you have not met the requirements to be saved. Because Jesus is the ONLY name whereby we can be saved. You can see that no one was ever baptized using the Triune Formula in the Bible. However, the Apostles used the Unitarian Formula six times in the book of Acts. The Belief in the Trinity is the Fallacy here. It distracts those who want truth. It leads people to be baptized using a formula that is incorrect and therefore, a waste of time. Jesus Christ is the name in which the Father is revealed, the name of the Son, and the name by which we call upon the Holy Ghost. Jesus Christ is Father, Son, and Holy Ghost all three.
That is if you rely solely on baptism and formulas for salvation. I don't I rely on either. I rely of His promises as stated in scripture like Rom 10:9 and Eph. 2:8-9.

I agree...there is no formula by which we can be saved. :thumbsup There is also this verse, so it's certainly can't be wrong to be baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Matthew 28:19 said:
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
[/quote:16r182kf]

What is the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost? JESUS (see Colossians 2:9). Clearly, as I stated above, Jesus is the name through which the Father is revealed, the name of the Son, and the name in which we call upon the Holy Ghost. Besides that in the Great Commission in Luke is recorded as "in his name" (refering to the name of Christ). It matters if Acts 4:12 is correct. Since there is salvation in no other name, salvation cannot come through Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. There is no power in those titles. There is however power in Jesus name!

Exodus 20:3. "You shall have no other gods (Elohiyms) before me.
Deuteronomy 4:35. You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD (Yahwah) is God (Elohiym); besides Him there is no other.
Deuteronomy 4:39. Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD (Yahwah) is God (Elohiym) in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.
Deuteronomy 5:7. "You shall have no other gods (Elohiyms) before me.
Deuteronomy 6:4. Hear, O Israel: The Lord (Yahwah) our God (Elohiym), the LORD (Yahwah) is one (only.)
1 Kings 8:60. So that all the peoples of the earth may know that the LORD (Yahwah) is God (Elohiym) and that there is no other.
Isaiah 42:8. "I am the LORD (Yahwah); that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.

Isaiah 43:10. "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD (Yahwah), "and my servant (Yahshua) whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He. Before me no god (el) was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Isaiah 44:8. Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God (Eloah) besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one."

Isaiah 45:5. I am the LORD (Yahwah), and there is no other; apart from me there is no God (Elohiym).

6. so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me. I am the LORD (Yahwah), and there is no other.
Isaiah 45:14. This is what the LORD (Yahwah) says: "The products of Egypt and the merchandise of Cush, and those tall Sabeans— they will come over to you and will be yours; they will trudge behind you, coming over to you in chains. They will bow down before you and plead with you, saying, 'Surely God (El) is with you, and there is no other; there is no other god (Elohiym).' "
Isaiah 45:18. For this is what the LORD (Yahwah) says: He who created the heavens, He is God (Elohiym); He who fashioned and made the earth, He founded it; He did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited: He says: "I am the LORD (Yahwah), and there is no other.
Isaiah 45:22. "Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God (El), and there is no other.
Isaiah 46:9. Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God (El), and there is no other; I am God (Elohiym), and there is none like me.
Joel 2:27. Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am the LORD (Yahwah) your God (Elohiym), and that there is no other; never again will my people be shamed.

Yahwah is God and he won't give his glory to another god.
The Greatest Commandment
Mark 12:28. One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus (Yahshua) had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"
29"The most important one," answered Jesus (Yahshua), "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord (Yahwah) our God (Elohiym), the Lord (Yahwah) is one (only).
Mark 12:32. "Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God (Yahwah) is one (only) and there is no other but Him.

John 14:28. "You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you love me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
The correct spelling and pronouncing of God,s name as Yahwah, is based on the belief that the Proto-Semitic did not use the letter “e†as a vowel.

Apostolic Soldier said:
I'm sorry but the Bible clearly states that Baptism is required for true salvation. First of all, the Plan of Salvation that Peter had (also known as the Keys To the Kingdom) states that to be saved one must "Repent, Be Baptized, And Filled With the Holy Ghost to be Saved."

Hi Apostolic Soldier,

First off, I'll start by saying that I am a member of the Church of Christ where Baptism is held in very high regard. Unfortunately, there are those among us who believe as you believe. That is, that Baptism is a requirement for true salvation and that if one is not Baptized, then ones soul will rot in hell for eternity.

Unfortunately, the above view of the role of Baptism is not accurate and actually distorts the beauty of Baptism while turning a function of grace into an act of works. You see, what you've done is assigned the rite of Baptism a line in the sand which defines heaven and hell when in actuality, Baptism is a response to the gospel which we have been invited to celebrate as we enter into and live out the resurrected Christ.

Apostolic Soldier said:
And I do not the Flesh of Jesus as a puppet. However, Jesus only lived to DIE. The whole point of the Flesh was for eternal (blood) sacrifice. There was no other point in God coming to Earth in the manner he did. Jesus even told us that he came only to die.

Luke 24:46 - And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

While I agree that Jesus came to die, it was for a purpose and that purpose also included fulfilling what the Law was unable to accomplish...

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

According to Paul in Romans, the purpose of the law was to bring life, but instead of life, sin was afforded the opportunity to bring about death to show that all, including Israel was still in Adam. This is why Jesus says that he is the way, the truth and the life as Jesus shows the true way to uphold Torah both physically and spiritually.

StoveBolts said:
Apostolic Soldier said:

Hi Apostolic Soldier,

First off, I'll start by saying that I am a member of the Church of Christ where Baptism is held in very high regard. Unfortunately, there are those among us who believe as you believe. That is, that Baptism is a requirement for true salvation and that if one is not Baptized, then ones soul will rot in hell for eternity.

Unfortunately, the above view of the role of Baptism is not accurate and actually distorts the beauty of Baptism while turning a function of grace into an act of works. You see, what you've done is assigned the rite of Baptism a line in the sand which defines heaven and hell when in actuality, Baptism is a response to the gospel which we have been invited to celebrate as we enter into and live out the resurrected Christ.

[quote="Apostolic Soldier":1y05sd8u]And I do not the Flesh of Jesus as a puppet. However, Jesus only lived to DIE. The whole point of the Flesh was for eternal (blood) sacrifice. There was no other point in God coming to Earth in the manner he did. Jesus even told us that he came only to die.

While I agree that Jesus came to die, it was for a purpose and that purpose also included fulfilling what the Law was unable to accomplish...

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

According to Paul in Romans, the purpose of the law was to bring life, but instead of life, sin was afforded the opportunity to bring about death to show that all, including Israel was still in Adam. This is why Jesus says that he is the way, the truth and the life as Jesus shows the true way to uphold Torah both physically and spiritually.[/quote:1y05sd8u]
Yes, and I would just like to add 1 Corinthians 1:17 - Paul says "For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel..." One verse earlier Paul states that he only baptized a couple of people. If baptism were essential to salvation, then why wouldn't have Paul baptized them? Why does he seem to downplay baptism in 1 Corinthians 1?

Hi toddm

I don't want to downplay the role of Baptism. To start with, I believe that God is in the business of transforming lives and Baptism affords that transformation. Thus, I hold more of a view that I am saved, but I am also being saved and Baptism fits in the, if I have to categorize... "Being Saved" category.

As far as Paul downplaying Baptism in 1 Cor, you'll have to do some studies on the church in Corinth and you'll find that they had gone wild with their new found freedom in Christ... They were even marrying their step mothers which was detestable even to the pagans.

But to focus on Paul's response to Baptism to the church in Corinth, the church was divided internally by social stature where Baptism was not an act of grace, but instead held bragging rights of stature. You see, Peter and Paul and Apollos were all baptizing and Paul wants everyone to know that, well, let's let Scripture speak here ok?
1 Corinthians 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

Follow the letter up the the ladder after Paul lays his foundation to the church, and he adds,
1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Grace and peace,
Jeff

Apostolic Soldier said:
What is the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost? JESUS (see Colossians 2:9).
Clearly, as I stated above, Jesus is the name through which the Father is revealed, the name of the Son, and the name in which we call upon the Holy Ghost. Besides that in the Great Commission in Luke is recorded as "in his name" (refering to the name of Christ). It matters if Acts 4:12 is correct. Since there is salvation in no other name, salvation cannot come through Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. There is no power in those titles. There is however power in Jesus name!
And again, its too bad for you that your 'evidence' DOESNT actually say that Jesus was just a meat puppet ('Flesh' as you call it).
What we DO see, again, in John 1 is that the Word was WITH God and IS God...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back