Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God's Great Free Gift of Salvation for Everyone

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So God's spirit will GUIDE you to examine His laws and commandments- VERY good!
Clearly you don't understand what I wrote.

Here is a very important verse that apparently you missed, "When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own but will speak whatever he hears, and he will declare to you the things that are to come." John 16:13 All truth does not mean His laws and commandments. It means all truth.

Again, you might want to read Galatians 4 to gain understanding of the freedom that we have in Christ. Let me know when you have finished that chapter and if you have gained any understanding.

Clearly you don't understand what I wrote.

Here is a very important verse that apparently you missed, "When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own but will speak whatever he hears, and he will declare to you the things that are to come." John 16:13 All truth does not mean His laws and commandments. It means all truth.

Again, you might want to read Galatians 4 to gain understanding of the freedom that we have in Christ. Let me know when you have finished that chapter and if you have gained any understanding.
I am (not claiming to be God) extremely familiar with John.
What are you implying- the Holy Ghost God will lead you?

I am (not claiming to be God) extremely familiar with John.
What are you implying- the Holy Ghost God will lead you?
Yes, that is what I am saying. When I was "born again" I received the Holy Spirit to guide me into all truth, not rules and regulations.

Yes, that is what I am saying. When I was "born again" I received the Holy Spirit to guide me into all truth, not rules and regulations.
So you were able to communicate with this Ghost, or were you possessed by it.
(No humor intended- just taking you SERIOUSLY)

So you were able to communicate with this Ghost, or were you possessed by it.
(No humor intended- just taking you SERIOUSLY)
I communicate with God via the Holy Spirit, often "speaking in tongues".

Having a guide does not mean that one is "possessed" by it. It means that s/he is guided by Him, i.e., shown the best way.

"Ghost" is KJV language. The meaning has changed, which is why the best translations refer to the Holy Spirit not the Holy Ghost. Today, "ghost" means "an apparition of a dead person which is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image."

I communicate with God via the Holy Spirit, often "speaking in tongues".

Having a guide does not mean that one is "possessed" by it. It means that s/he is guided by Him, i.e., shown the best way.

"Ghost" is KJV language. The meaning has changed, which is why the best translations refer to the Holy Spirit not the Holy Ghost. Today, "ghost" means "an apparition of a dead person which is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image."
Thank's for that frank answer.

Laws and commandments do not produce righteous, instead they promote sin, Romans 7:7-25. Christians are not Pharisees. The are Spirit led children of God.
Actually Bob, the law covenant was righteous, as it was given by God, but even more than that, it was given for a reason sir. It was instituted to show that man could not redeem himself. It was impossible to live it fully. It showed the need for a ransomer, and pointed ahead to the sacrifice that God gave through His son Jesus. Jn 3:16

You are correct, Pharisees were leaders in the pre-Christian people of God, but through Jesus, God instituted a new covenant, but out of love He kept the law covenant in force for a while (Dan 9:27) so logically many of them would have accepted the new covenant. Remember when the birth of Christianity happened on Pentecost of 33 CE, those thousands that were being added daily were primarily those that formerly served God under the law covenant Acts 2. Bob

Actually Bob, the law covenant was righteous, as it was given by God, but even more than that, it was given for a reason sir. It was instituted to show that man could not redeem himself. It was impossible to live it fully. It showed the need for a ransomer, and pointed ahead to the sacrifice that God gave through His son Jesus. Jn 3:16

You are correct, Pharisees were leaders in the pre-Christian people of God, but through Jesus, God instituted a new covenant, but out of love He kept the law covenant in force for a while (Dan 9:27) so logically many of them would have accepted the new covenant. Remember when the birth of Christianity happened on Pentecost of 33 CE, those thousands that were being added daily were primarily those that formerly served God under the law covenant Acts 2. Bob
Are you implying that those that were saved on the day of Pentecost were already saved? There was no salvation under the Old Covenant of law and religion. People were saved by faith in God's promise of a savior, Romans 4:3. Not by obeying the Old Covenant. The Old Covenant was abolished when Jesus died on the cross, Matthew 27:51.

Are you implying that those that were saved on the day of Pentecost were already saved? There was no salvation under the Old Covenant of law and religion. People were saved by faith in God's promise of a savior, Romans 4:3. Not by obeying the Old Covenant. The Old Covenant was abolished when Jesus died on the cross, Matthew 27:51.
I don't imply anyone is saved until they receive salvation sir. Until one receives the gift of everlasting life, they are not saved. May I ask what you understand the word saved to mean? Even those who had the holy spirit poured out upon them at Pentecost had to endure to the end Mat 24:13. When we make our dedication we expect to serve God for an eternity, but unless we remain faithful, we can lose out on salvation.

I don't imply anyone is saved until they receive salvation sir. Until one receives the gift of everlasting life, they are not saved. May I ask what you understand the word saved to mean? Even those who had the holy spirit poured out upon them at Pentecost had to endure to the end Mat 24:13. When we make our dedication we expect to serve God for an eternity, but unless we remain faithful, we can lose out on salvation.
All that come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13. There is no unsealing. Once sealed always sealed. Saved means that we are delivered from the condemnation of the law. Jesus took our condemnation for us. He became sin for us, 1 Corinthians 5:21.

All that come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13. There is no unsealing. Once sealed always sealed. Saved means that we are delivered from the condemnation of the law. Jesus took our condemnation for us. He became sin for us, 1 Corinthians 5:21.
Eph was written to spirit begotten Christians as you say Bob, but they are not sealed, and they can lose out Heb 6:4-6; 1 Cor 9:27

Eph was written to spirit begotten Christians as you say Bob, but they are not sealed, and they can lose out Heb 6:4-6; 1 Cor 9:27
You have misinterpreted Hebrews 6:4-6. The word "Impossible" means that it cannot happen. 1 Corinthians 9:27, Paul was not afraid of losing his salvation. He didn't want to lose the fight and be disqualified, Philippians 3:14. Nothing can separate us from the love of God that is in Jesus Christ, Romans 8:33-39.

Back