Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study God's Salvation

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
For the last time please go read Romans 8:1-11 as it speaks about the carnal mind in how we are condemned in the fleshly thoughts, not skin and bones, but that of the carnal mind.
Rom 8:9 says..."But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. ..."
As we are not in the "flesh", or walking after it, there is no condemnation !
Your argument is always about how can skin (flesh) and bones sin. Those who are in the flesh can not please God.
Actually they CANNOT commit sin.
Otherwise, I agree completely, but JLB keeps saying we are still in the flesh, and that there is still sin in the skin and bones.
He uses that POV to declare perfect obedience to God impossible.
He is wrong.
"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. "

Rom 8:9 says..."But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. ..."

Otherwise, I agree completely, but JLB keeps saying we are still in the flesh, and that there is still sin in the skin and bones.
He is wrong.
"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. "
Yet again you refuse the full context of Romans 8:1-11 to only point out vs. 9. You can argue this until the day Christ comes back, but none of us has said this skin or bones can sin. You need to learn what Jesus has said about the flesh or to use another word, what it means to be carnal.

When Jesus speaks of the flesh He is referring to the sin nature that dwells in all of us as we have all fallen short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23 We are carnal with fleshly thoughts and actions. This is why Jesus said "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3:5-7. We can never please God while walking in the flesh (carnal).

Paul reiterated this by saying "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God". Romans 8:5-8

He is wrong.
I'm sorry, but JLB nor anyone in this forum has ever said the actual skin and bones commit sin. That is your argument that you fixate on the actual skin and bones and not understanding what is missed by the word flesh.

Reactions: JLB
Yet again you refuse the full context of Romans 8:1-11 to only point out vs. 9. You can argue this until the day Christ comes back, but none of us has said this skin or bones can sin.
You are mistaken.
A few here say they can't perfectly obey God because they are still in their skin and bones.
You need to learn what Jesus has said about the flesh or to use another word, what it means to be carnal.
Personally, I have.
When Jesus speaks of the flesh He is referring to the sin nature that dwells in all of us as we have all fallen short of the glory of God.
Though "sin nature" is an unbiblical term, it is close enough to my own definition of... "the worldly oriented mind".
What I don't agree with is that any past nature or orientation is still with us after rebirth from God's seed.
God's children are new creatures in their entirety.
Romans 3:23 We are carnal with fleshly thoughts and actions.
Are ?
"We" have been liberated from the conditions of our pre-conversion versions of ourselves.
This is why Jesus said "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3:5-7. We can never please God while walking in the flesh (carnal).
I agree, but that which is reborn of God's seed is no longer "flesh".
"We', being reborn of God, are spiritual men.
Paul reiterated this by saying "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God". Romans 8:5-8
Aren't you thankful we are no longer after the flesh ? (Rom 8:9)
I am !

I'm sorry, but JLB nor anyone in this forum has ever said the actual skin and bones commit sin. That is your argument that you fixate on the actual skin and bones and not understanding what is missed by the word flesh.
JLB has reasoned it out extensively, mis-using scripture to try and prove it.

JLB has reasoned it out extensively, mis-using scripture to try and prove it.
So, can you show me in scripture when did you become immortal or incorruptible?

Sinless perfection is something we need to pursue, but will never achieve until this mortal becomes immortal and incorruptible. Flesh and Spirit can not mix as the flesh is a hostile enemy that will always war against the Spirit within us. You probably will not read this below, but I hope you and others that believe this heresy about sinless perfection will have you eyes opened. We do not set out to willfully sin, but God knows we will stumble at times

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

So, can you show me in scripture when did you become immortal or incorruptible?
John 11:26..."And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"
I believe from within Him, so will never die.
Now I just have to maintain my faith until the end.
The freedom from the corruption of the vessel, as it grows old or is injured, is not promised by Jesus.
Sinless perfection is something we need to pursue, but will never achieve until this mortal becomes immortal and incorruptible.
Sinless perfection, or the ability to obey God perfectly, is an attribute of rebirth from God's seed.
We start out perfect, (being new creatures after all), and are equipt to remain that way.
Flesh and Spirit can not mix as the flesh is a hostile enemy that will always war against the Spirit within us.
Then how did Jesus do it ?
He won all the battles with that which is worldly oriented.
You probably will not read this below, but I hope you and others that believe this heresy about sinless perfection will have you eyes opened. We do not set out to willfully sin, but God knows we will stumble at times
God's gift of the ability to remain true to Him, and to His Son, is not a heresy.
It is the nature of the new creature.
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
More reason to remain obedient !
I thank God for exhortations like that.
And this..."There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Rom 8:1)

"Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Cor 5:21)

"Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you." (2 Cor 13:11)

John 11:26..."And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"
I believe from within Him, so will never die.
Now I just have to maintain my faith until the end.
The freedom from the corruption of the vessel, as it grows old or is injured, is not promised by Jesus.
That does not answer my question of when did you become immortal and incorruptible as that only happens when Christ returns. You can not see what many of us have tried to show you so there is no point in discussing this with you. You have a blessed day.

That does not answer my question of when did you become immortal and incorruptible as that only happens when Christ returns. You can not see what many of us have tried to show you so there is no point in discussing this with you. You have a blessed day.
If I remain faithful unto death, the life I now live will go on eternally.
I don't measure life by the corruptible vessel's condition.
I measure it by my mind's condition.
That life started fifteen years ago with a true repentance from sin.

If I remain faithful unto death, the life I now live will go on eternally.
I don't measure life by the corruptible vessel's condition.
I measure it by my mind's condition.
That life started fifteen years ago with a true repentance from sin.
You have a blessed evening. I'm done discussing this with you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back