Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

He died for the seed of abraham

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The True Seed of Abraham !

Gal 3:16

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Christ and those who come to believe in Him, have God given Faith, are the True Seed of Abraham and Israel to whom God made the Promises ! Gal 3:29

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

What can be more plainer ?

Ps 105:6

O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.

Isa 41:8

But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend. See Jn 15:15

Acts 3:25

Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Note: Gentile Believers are the Children of the Prophets ! Because they are The Children of Abraham Gal 3:29, which was a Prophet Gen 20:

7Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.

And so would have been Isaac and Jacob, and so Gentile Believers as well as Jewish Believers in Christ are the Children of the Prophets. Remember God told Abraham that He had made him a Father of many Nations Gen 17:5

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Rom 4:13,16

For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Abraham's seed through the law is ethnic national Israel, and the Promises to Abraham and His Seed, were not to ethnic Israel, but to all the Israel of Faith..

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

There are no promises given of God by which God did not give those promised, the Gift of Faith ! That eliminates National Israel, for they were broken off because of unbelief Rom 11:20

Rom 9:7

Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Abraham had Two Seeds, a Natural Seed [Those of the Nation of Israel] and a Spiritual seed [ A small remnant within the Nation of Israel]

The Natural seed was not that seed of Abraham that the promises were made to, but the Spiritual seed, which did obtain the Promises even in Raul's day Rom 11:7

What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election[Israel] hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Hence the True Seed of Abraham, and Israel is Christ and those who belong to Him, the Election !

Jesus does give the illustration that there is an attempt to climb over the fold's wall. After reading these "revelations" of thought it is revealed how the attempt is attempted.

Christ is the Seed of Abraham !

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Christ being the seed of Abraham, He took on the sins of the seed of Abraham Heb 2:16-17

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

This last phrase " To make reconciliation for the sins of the People, the People being the seed of Abraham. Who else during the OT times had a High Priest ? Scripture only speaks of One People of all Peoples upon the earth that had a God ordained High Priest, and that was the seed of Abraham; and So, it was only their sins He came to make reconciliation for. The word for reconciliation here is the greek word hilaskomai

to render one's self, to appease, conciliate to one's self

a) to become propitious, be placated or appeased

b) to be propitious, be gracious, be merciful

2) to expiate, make propitiation for

So He came to make propitiation for and to expiate the sins of the seed of Abraham. Thats whom He identified with in His Incarnation and being made Flesh.

It was for them that He came to put away their sins, by the sacrifice of Himself; for it was for them that He took on the consequences, that is the penalty of the Law for their Transgressions. Isa 53:

5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Now who were God's People but the Seed of Abraham Isa 41:8 and Isa prophesied as a representative of the Seed of Abraham, so that His Death was reckoned as the legal embodiment of all that Seed of Abraham. This seed was legally and Judicially buried with Him in baptism of His death [ Rom 6:4; Eph 4:5] buried with Him in the grave and were raised up together with Him [ Eph 2:6] and are with Him quickened with the Spirit and immortal life of His resurrection [ Jn 11:25] This seed of Abraham is made to believe according to the working of His Mighty Power which God wrought in Christ when He raised Him from the dead Eph 1:19020

19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Gal 3:19

19Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

The Promise of Salvation was made to Christ, as the seed of Abraham, it was in Abraham's seed not Abraham that the nations would be blessed Gal 3:16,8

16Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Christ the Seed of Abraham, upon finishing His Covenant work, given Him in the Everlasting Covenant, after faithfully fulfilling its obligations on behalf of all those He represented [ His Seed Isa 53:10] gives them Eternal Life Jn 17:2

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life or salvation to as many as thou hast given him.

Thats a Promise of God the Father to the Son Titus 1:2

In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; God promised to His Son as the Surety of those Chosen in Him and for whom He represented as Covenant Head !

This was also in Type with David here in the Ps 89:1-4

1I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

2For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

3I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,

4Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

David here is a Type of Christ in the Everlasting Covenant ! God made a Covenant with His Chosen Servant Christ Isa 42:1,6,7

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect or Chosen, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

6I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

Christ in shedding His Blood,the blood of the Everlasting Covenant Heb 13:20, has by it fulfilled all thats required for His People He represented to have all manner of spiritual blessings [ Eph 1:3] bestowed upon them freely ! They are covenant blessings of Salvation as some of them are mentioned in vs 7 of Isa 42

Thats one main reason God sent Paul to the gentiles to do what ? Acts 26:28

17Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

18To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

You see how all this fits together ? This is part of the Salvation Promised Christ in behalf of His Seed..

More on Gal 3:19

Gal 3:19

19Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Contrary to the teachings of Antichrist, it is not one's believing or faith that fulfills God's covenant promises and brings upon the heirs Justification of life and Righteousness, by which they stand before God. The promise is given to all that believe, but the promise was fulfilled and comes to the heirs by the Faith of Jesus Christ or His Faithfulness to Covenant engagement. It was Christ to whom the promise were made Gal 3:16 as the Surety and Head of the Elect in the Everlasting Covenant, promises based upon condition of His obedience unto death [Phil 2:8] as their Head and Surety substitute. And it is Christ who hath obtained the Promise [ The Promise of the Spirit Acts 2:33; Gal 3:14] by His Faithfulness to the Covenant stipulations as their Surety ! See Heb 10:1-5

Made like unto His Brethren !

The Lord Jesus Christ did not come into this world in the incarnation to identify with all men without exception, but scripture declares that it was for a certain particular segment of humanity.

He came to be made like unto His Brethren ! Heb 2:17

17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

That word behoved is an interesting word and it means to be indebted, to be bound.

This lets us know that it was grounded in Him Being already made a Surety for the debts of others, namely, all the Children of God, The Children of Promise . Heb 2:14

14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same;

Rom 9:8

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise or covenant are counted for the seed.

Acts 3:25

Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Now it was not his physical biological brethren to whom he shared in common as having Mary as their Mother. Neither was it his brethren who were merely physical jews in the flesh.

But it was His Brethren as in Rom 8:29

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Also, Jesus made a very important statement that many disregard or take lightly Matt 12:50

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Now all mankind without exception is His brethren, they are not those that were to be conformed to His Image.

So its scriptures like these Heb 2:17 and many many more that give us to know by Divine Testimony that Christ did not come to save all humanity without exception, but the Seed of Abraham, which is a Elect Covenant Seed..

Promises made to the Seed of Abraham !

What Promises ? The Gospel Promises, the promises of the New Covenant, all the promises of God 2 Cor 1:20

For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

This includes the promises of Eternal Life. Yes Eternal Life was promised to a seed . Titus 1:2

2In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

To who was Eternal Life promised to before the world began ? Abraham's Seed, which we find is Christ in Gal 3:16

The Seed which was Christ ! And Christ was the Head of a Body of Members, that had been Chosen in Him, so they were One, and the One Seed of Abraham to whom the Gospel Promises were made !

This Promise of Eternal Life that God promised to Abraham and His Seed is given clearly and without question in Gen 17:8

8And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Canaan here in this verse and promise is emblematic of Everlasting Life !

Its the Eternal Life Promised to the Seed of Abraham before the world began Titus 1:2

1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

So the Promise of Eternal Life is not a conditional promise to people who perform a condition, but an unconditional Promise to a Particular Seed, a Seed however that is not confined to any particular One Physical Nation, but a Seed that is within many Nations Gen 17:5

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

This verse and vs 8 go together, the Seed in vs 8 whom God promised to be a God to, and to give the everlasting Canaan to, are the Ones that God made Abraham a Father of in vs 5, when God told Abraham, a father of Many Nations have I made thee !

So to teach that Eternal Life is promised to any other's but the Seed of Abraham, an Elect people, in Christ, the seed of Abraham Gal 3:16, that is teaching a false Gospel !

Sure to all the Seed !

Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

This is a Promise of something that must be done, its a promised Salvation of a very specific people.

Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Yes, the seed here in this verse and the his people in the Matt 1:21 verse are the same.

The saving is the same, in Rom 4:16, the promise is speaking about Salvation.

Lk 2:30-32

30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;

32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Lk 1:68-77

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

All whom receive a Knowledge of remission of their sins are the His People of Matt 1:21 and the seed of Rom 4:16.

Notice the mention of our Father Abraham in vs 73

Abraham is the Father of us all who Believe Rom 4:16

Now Salvation is sure to all the seed, it is by Faith that it should be by Grace. So Faith is conditioned by Grace, and not the other way around as the false christian world would tell us. If the promise of eternal salvation or eternal inheritance were conditioned upon those of the seed having faith, then how could the promises be sure to them ?

But if Faith is a product of Grace, then we can understand how the promises are sure to all the seed. For the seed believes through or by Grace Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

Because the seed had been ordained to Eternal Life or Inheritance Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed

And as long as Grace Reigns, faith will be empowered, so all the seed is being kept by the Power and Grace of God through Faith 1Pet 1:5

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

That is the Power of God [Grace Reigning] keeps us in the Faith, Grace it is we believe by Acts 18:27, so Grace keeps us believing, if we be of that Holy Seed !

Those who teach that Salvation is a condional offer to all, they are false teachers and do not understand that Salvation is a Promise to all of a certain seed !

Sure to all the Seed !

Those who teach that Salvation is a condional offer to all, they are false teachers and do not understand that Salvation is a Promise to all of a certain seed !

Salvation is available to all unconditionally those who accept the free gift become sons of Abraham and children of God. Those who do not condemn themselves.

John O

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back